Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:56:59 AM

I have about 7000 coins, is it worth me staking? what will i make off them? I'm not really familiar on how staking works, i just use my wallet for storing coins

Worth staking ? Hell yeah. Will give you at least 3 to 4 Cloak / day

your math is a bit off.

7000 CLOAK @ 6% annually = 420 CLOAK

420 CLOAK/365 Days = 1.15 CLOAK per day.

It is still worth it to stake though.

I'm getting nowhere near that with 5000 coins. I'm avg about .5 coin per day. I wonder whats wrong?

Nothing.  There is always an element of chance with mining.  It's not a bank style interest rate that you automatically earn X coins per day (that's just an estimate).  Some day later you may find a bunch of blocks in a row that makes up for what you have missed lately.  There is always an element of luck in play to staking a block.

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation.

I briefly saw someone in IRC talking about creating a new recv address and sending all your coins back to yourself at the new address to optimize staking, not sure what that accomplishes?
Basically when you stake, the amount halves. It keeps doing this so,
4 -> 2a and 2b. 
2a->1a and 1b.       2b->1c and 1d. etc, and etc.
so you stake the tiny amounts and get back little amounts. by sending to all coins to new addy, it is like house keeping, combines all coins again to stake.
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:04:51 AM

Looks like we might be in need of some good news to pump us back up! Hows OneMarket coming along? any more screens that we can have a drool over?

Mostly I think we are just buying and selling to each other depending on our joint mood is. Some are longer term, some are taking some profits. I do still fear a big zero sum game building here. There are 600 something wallets with over 100 cloak, 340 or so with over 1000.  I know there are wallets on exchanges, but this gives a good idea.

I really wish we had wider distribution. You would think that just by being near the top in volume on the big exchanges word would get out.  Or is altcoin market in general this small?  Is DRK distribution also concentrated?

I think what we have seen is the Altcoin market in general is shrinking. The money is leaving and there will probably only be a few coins left by the end of the year. However, Cloak is the best coin out there and deserves to sit beside Bitcoin. I have fulll confidence in Cloak - but my confidence for the other coins is getting worse and worse each week. The days of 8000 BTC volume on Mintpal like with the Blackcoin pump are probably gone for good - unless the big boys decide to make Cloak their weapon of choice.

Thats really a good piece of writing. With all the shitcoins created day by day and all only based on promises without a technical background we are only playing around with our coins and no fresh money comes to the market. So the money is left into the market goes to the best organized P&D team and the rest has to pay for these bullshit scams.
Only coin left over is BTC. All others seems only to be here to get converted from P&D teams to BTC.
With such kind of crypto community behaviour there is no future for any altcoin, maybe no future for cryptocurrency at all. Crypto community is the ugliest community i´ve ever joined.
As i am no member of any insider team you guys will never ever see one more cent from my side. Good luck with defeating yourself !
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 07:56:25 AM

wow that was fun! got to test the OneMarket with x11Joe, also i received the honor of broadcasting the very first listing over livenet, and worry not people of cloak, i did not squander this opportunity.

https://twitter.com/CoinJesus/status/496506824297037825

it actually works like a charm after joe re-compiled the wallet with tweaks a couple times, now you don't even have to be fully caught up in the blockchain to see broadcasted listings. So from what i can tell, upon first opening the wallet, you'll be able to browse the marketplace pretty much instantly. will have to see how "instant" it is in practice once it's full of listings. one of the next steps is to prevent spam, that's tomorrow's work! Joe seemed exhausted, he'd been up since about 7am and was pretty much falling apart, but he muscled through and got the testing working %100. here here to the cloak team! these guys are putting in crazy hours to get this coin lifted off that we'll all profit from. just remember that when you make your millions you should probably tip the people who got you there Smiley

just to make sure this doesn't get lost in the sea of "how do i stake?" posts. this is very positive news.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
pdsrdm

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:00:49 AM

Looks like we might be in need of some good news to pump us back up! Hows OneMarket coming along? any more screens that we can have a drool over?

Mostly I think we are just buying and selling to each other depending on our joint mood is. Some are longer term, some are taking some profits. I do still fear a big zero sum game building here. There are 600 something wallets with over 100 cloak, 340 or so with over 1000.  I know there are wallets on exchanges, but this gives a good idea.

I really wish we had wider distribution. You would think that just by being near the top in volume on the big exchanges word would get out.  Or is altcoin market in general this small?  Is DRK distribution also concentrated?

I think what we have seen is the Altcoin market in general is shrinking. The money is leaving and there will probably only be a few coins left by the end of the year. However, Cloak is the best coin out there and deserves to sit beside Bitcoin. I have fulll confidence in Cloak - but my confidence for the other coins is getting worse and worse each week. The days of 8000 BTC volume on Mintpal like with the Blackcoin pump are probably gone for good - unless the big boys decide to make Cloak their weapon of choice.

Thats really a good piece of writing. With all the shitcoins created day by day and all only based on promises without a technical background we are only playing around with our coins and no fresh money comes to the market. So the money is left into the market goes to the best organized P&D team and the rest has to pay for these bullshit scams.
Only coin left over is BTC. All others seems only to be here to get converted from P&D teams to BTC.
With such kind of crypto community behaviour there is no future for any altcoin, maybe no future for cryptocurrency at all. Crypto community is the ugliest community i´ve ever joined.
As i am no member of any insider team you guys will never ever see one more cent from my side. Good luck with defeating yourself !

You sound like someone who thought that the altcoin markets are a get-rich-quick machine, in which you insert money in one side and receive 10x money from the other. You see a coin like Auroracoin doubling everyday for 2 weeks straight but you missed the boat so you jump into the next coin that doubles overnight and assume your money will grow exponentially for the next week at least. Then you wake up the next day and half your money is gone, because the pumpers are not stupid and realise that they have to be unpredictable for their pumps to keep working.

I’ve been there and I lost half my money when I started. Untill I realised that money doesn’t come for free and that it requires hard work and experience to make money in these markets. Now I am at 5x my initial investment. You have to be able to seperate the pump and dumps from the legitimate rises. Darkcoin was legitimate, since it brought innovation and proved capable of technically executing those ideas. Innovation goes fast in cryptocurrency though and DRK has been surpassed by multiple coins, hence the continuous downtrend it’s been in for the last months.

So what do you do if you missed the DRK train and are sick of getting screwed by pump and dump schemes in coins with names like flappy- and coinye west? You are patient and you wait for the next coin that promises and executes actual innovation. And right when you have found it, you post in that coin’s thread that you are out of crypto? Are you sure about that?
bigozh

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:04:46 AM

wow that was fun! got to test the OneMarket with x11Joe, also i received the honor of broadcasting the very first listing over livenet, and worry not people of cloak, i did not squander this opportunity.

https://twitter.com/CoinJesus/status/496506824297037825

it actually works like a charm after joe re-compiled the wallet with tweaks a couple times, now you don't even have to be fully caught up in the blockchain to see broadcasted listings. So from what i can tell, upon first opening the wallet, you'll be able to browse the marketplace pretty much instantly. will have to see how "instant" it is in practice once it's full of listings. one of the next steps is to prevent spam, that's tomorrow's work! Joe seemed exhausted, he'd been up since about 7am and was pretty much falling apart, but he muscled through and got the testing working %100. here here to the cloak team! these guys are putting in crazy hours to get this coin lifted off that we'll all profit from. just remember that when you make your millions you should probably tip the people who got you there Smiley

just to make sure this doesn't get lost in the sea of "how do i stake?" posts. this is very positive news.
yes this is amazing news i cant wait for the market. i have so many things to bring over from amazon and ebay... so sick of there fees and mumbo jumbo
youngmike

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:49:23 AM

let's talk about the price cause people here like it so much: now is time to buy. this market is driven by north-america and most of them are sleeping right now. as soon they wake up, volume and price are going to increase again.
kitey

Activity: 331

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:53:36 AM

let's talk about the price cause people here like it so much: now is time to buy. this market is driven by north-america and most of them are sleeping right now. as soon they wake up, volume and price are going to increase again.

agree - i have been watching that pattern
Darth0ne

Activity: 190
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:54:06 AM

I have about 7000 coins, is it worth me staking? what will i make off them? I'm not really familiar on how staking works, i just use my wallet for storing coins

your math is a bit off.

I'm getting nowhere near that with 5000 coins. I'm avg about .5 coin per day. I wonder whats wrong?

Nothing.  There is always an element of chance with mining.  It's not a bank style interest rate that you automatically earn X coins per day (that's just an estimate).  Some day later you may find a bunch of blocks in a row that makes up for what you have missed lately.  There is always an element of luck in play to staking a block.

I briefly saw someone in IRC talking about creating a new recv address and sending all your coins back to yourself at the new address to optimize staking, not sure what that accomplishes?

when i started staking, i had just over 7000 and was getting about 1 CLOAK a day Smiley
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:01:38 AM

You sound like someone who thought that the altcoin markets are a get-rich-quick machine, in which you insert money in one side and receive 10x money from the other. You see a coin like Auroracoin doubling everyday for 2 weeks straight but you missed the boat so you jump into the next coin that doubles overnight and assume your money will grow exponentially for the next week at least. Then you wake up the next day and half your money is gone, because the pumpers are not stupid and realise that they have to be unpredictable for their pumps to keep working.

I’ve been there and I lost half my money when I started. Untill I realised that money doesn’t come for free and that it requires hard work and experience to make money in these markets. Now I am at 5x my initial investment. You have to be able to seperate the pump and dumps from the legitimate rises. Darkcoin was legitimate, since it brought innovation and proved capable of technically executing those ideas. Innovation goes fast in cryptocurrency though and DRK has been surpassed by multiple coins, hence the continuous downtrend it’s been in for the last months.

So what do you do if you missed the DRK train and are sick of getting screwed by pump and dump schemes in coins with names like flappy- and coinye west? You are patient and you wait for the next coin that promises and executes actual innovation. And right when you have found it, you post in that coin’s thread that you are out of crypto? Are you sure about that?

If you missed the real anon train you wait which on the next that makes promises and wait until there are signs of pump.
Then jump on the train and hope you get out before the real dump takes place.
If you got out before you are happy and made a btc profit. Thats all, and thats why you are here on this train.
You missed a train, got the next one and only want to find the best point of time to leave.
I have learned that crypto community behaves like that and that´s why i call crypto community is misbehaving because it´s a dead circle
with no fresh money input. Hope you will find the right time to jump out of the wrong train :-)

And no, i never want to make a quick profit, i always was long term in crypto, but it makes no sense. So no fresh money from my side.
As you can see on the declining market it´s not only me making scam teams no longer more rich.
eric.thompson

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:17:51 AM

If you missed the real anon train you wait which on the next that makes promises and wait until there are signs of pump.
Then jump on the train and hope you get out before the real dump takes place.
If you got out before you are happy and made a btc profit. Thats all, and thats why you are here on this train.
You missed a train, got the next one and only want to find the best point of time to leave.
I have learned that crypto community behaves like that and that´s why i call crypto community is misbehaving because it´s a dead circle
with no fresh money input. Hope you will find the right time to jump out of the wrong train :-)

And no, i never want to make a quick profit, i always was long term in crypto, but it makes no sense. So no fresh money from my side.
As you can see on the declining market it´s not only me making scam teams no longer more rich.

And how wrong you are. For example I myself have bought at least 60 btc in the last 2 months and slowly invested most of it (~80%) into cloak. And I can only imagine that there are much bigger whales who did/do/will do the same. Especially when the OneMarket feature gets released for the greater public.
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:52:35 AM

I'm buying cloak and waiting for OneMarket to launch so I can buy and sell items there. Meanwhile I'm speculating with some of my cloak to get more of them. I can't see how comparing Cloak to outdated clone anons is legitimate or saying "overall decline in the market rates is going to kill every alt no matter what". That's way too simplified. Yes there are P&D teams manipulating markets, but when was the last time you have seen a coin this innovative and useful?
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:04:47 AM

your math is a bit off.

Basically when you stake, the amount halves. It keeps doing this so,
4 -> 2a and 2b. 
2a->1a and 1b.       2b->1c and 1d. etc, and etc.
so you stake the tiny amounts and get back little amounts. by sending to all coins to new addy, it is like house keeping, combines all coins again to stake.

Gotcha. So how often do you do this? daily?
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 01:53:16 PM

Cloak coin #9 @ cryptmarketcap  Cool

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:01:38 PM

? ?
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 02:12:08 PM

? ?
http://cryptmarketcap.com/
Randy Marsh

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:15:58 PM

http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:49:18 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com/
david1365
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:32:48 PM

Why dump?

On bittrex

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:48:54 PM

Testing of a core component for OneMarket will begin today:

Anyone who wishes to participate or watch is free to join #OneMarket on freenode IRC.

And how these test of One Market is going ?
zing96

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:49:27 PM

Why dump?

On bittrex

Price will fluctuate between 200-270 until something happens to get it out of that range (new release, news, etc).  Don't worry.  We're kind of stuck in a sideways pattern for now.

https://twitter.com/BlockchainParty/status/496483068598026240
Pages: « 1 ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: