Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Wagner speaks about TradeHill  (Read 5040 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 03:54:09 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 04:13:15 PM by Matthew N. Wright

I'm sorry to bring up ghosts guys. Ordinarily I laugh maniacally in private at the circle-jerk newsletter I subscribed to on google that Bruce moderates to keep out Bold Funding scam evidence, or just post it to skype friends, but this little gem today was too good to keep to myself.

Bruce Wagner <bruce@onlyonetv.com> Feb 13 08:16PM -0500  

https://www.tradehill.com

Best regards,

Only Love,

Bruce

Bruce Wagner
    OnlyOneTV | global television network
    http://OnlyOneTV.com
    +1 646-580-0022

say no to a thousand things - focus on only one

The site about Bitcoin is http://bitcoinme.com

How to buy Bitcoin is http://buybitcoin.com

To get your business set up to accept Bitcoin, free, with zero transaction
    fees, zero chargebacks, and hand-holding service, see
    http://bitcoinsolutions.com

How to find out about places that accept Bitcoin is http://bitcoinshop.com

Charities and other organizations that accept Bitcoin donations are at
    http://bitcoinaddress.com

How to use Bitcoin to shop online anywhere Visa/MasterCard is accepted,
    http://bitcoincard.com

Adam Levine <adamlevinemobile@gmail.com> Feb 13 06:15PM -0800  

Sounds like we have our answer to how The Powers That Be would respond:
They are taking the embargo route.

If this trend continues we can expect another blow to the value - What do
you think Bruce, this going to be a big hit?

Adam Levine

Bruce Wagner <bruce@onlyonetv.com> Feb 14 07:01AM -0500  

It's already taking a toll. It's down in the $4 range now... whereas it's
    been in the $6 range.

I think the field is certainly ripe for more exchanges to appear on the
    scene.

If only they knew how to Market themselves, they'd have massive volume. (
    i.e. advertise on The Bitcoin Show).

MtGox gets massive exposure due in part to my own PR. I always
    demonstrate MtGox when interviewed on television, etc. Other competing
    exchanges don't have a chance without a real PR machine behind them....
    like me. :-)

At least TradeHill was smart to sponsor The Bitcoin Show for a while, from
    launch day. They quickly grabbed 10-14% market share from MtGox. But
    then they dropped their advertising and began loosing what they had
    gained.

All the other exchanges are stillborn, at this point, having never
    advertised at all.

Best regards,

Only Love,

Bruce

Bruce Wagner
    OnlyOneTV | global television network
    http://OnlyOneTV.com
    +1 646-580-0022

say no to a thousand things - focus on only one

You heard it hear first children. Bruce could have saved Tradehill single-handedly.

TL;DR:

Bruce is as delusional as always. Move along.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:00:40 PM

So, what you're saying is that once I get the Satoshi cocktail perfected, I should market it on OnlyOneTV?
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 04:10:11 PM

Troll.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 04:44:04 PM

To be honest, he has a valid point - Bitcoin exchanges currently do hardly any advertising at all.
Of course he'll list his own show as example for an advertising platform, just as anyone in their right mind would do... I rather rarely hear Google talking about web search engines in a positive context while stating "i.e. Microsoft bing".

I don't think tradehill fainted (it's not dead yet!) because of not enough marketing though, as most other exchanges they probably even just lack the manpower to deal with a massive influx of customers.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:49:55 PM

Anything associated with Bruce Wagner I will avoid if possible.  

Advertising on his show is a horrible branding move. "Endorsed by a convicted fraudster, so you know it's good!"

What a pompous schmuck.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:56:23 PM

What an Asshat...

His head is so far up his ass its amazing to see a level like that...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 09:07:25 PM

Looks like http://bitcoinme.com/index.php/shop/ is taking a page right out from bitcoin.org by linking Bitcoin on Craigslist to https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+site%3Acraigslist.org&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:27:53 PM

Advertising on his show is a horrible branding move. "Endorsed by a convicted fraudster, so you know it's good!"

What a pompous schmuck.

+1 

The only reason I would ever watch his "The Bitcoin Show" would be to see who I should avoid doing business with... and hopefully the sponsors would be listed in the first few seconds so I could avoid watching the whole thing.   
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 09:29:32 PM

What a pompous schmuck.

+1 

The only reason I would ever watch his "The Bitcoin Show" would be to see who I should avoid doing business with... and hopefully the sponsors would be listed in the first few seconds so I could avoid watching the whole thing.   

You're in luck! The sponsors are always listed within the first few seconds prior to the airing of the show.
Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:40:39 PM

Yes, I'm sure MORE trade volume would have helped tradehill.  What, does that dumbass think they went out of business or something?  They need a license to do more than XX amount of trades in California so some of their banks shut down some of their accounts (again).  I don't think more trade volume would have helped, it would have actually made this happen sooner.  What a dumbass.  I should buy advertising space on his show to bash him with.

Also, OP is a hater.
Fluttershy

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 10:06:43 PM

Tradehill was advertised on his show. Tradehill is now out of business. Coincidence? Yes.

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 10:49:30 PM

To be honest, he has a valid point - Bitcoin exchanges currently do hardly any advertising at all.
Of course he'll list his own show as example for an advertising platform, just as anyone in their right mind would do... I rather rarely hear Google talking about web search engines in a positive context while stating "i.e. Microsoft bing".

I don't think tradehill fainted (it's not dead yet!) because of not enough marketing though, as most other exchanges they probably even just lack the manpower to deal with a massive influx of customers.

I see ads for CryptoXchange on so many bitcoin related websites.  People use Mtgox because they have the volume and their websites don't look as ghetto.   Bitcoinica has the sleekest design IMO.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 10:53:04 PM

I don't know why Tom gets such a hard time  Huh

Bitrated user: Mick.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 11:41:02 PM

Also, OP is a hater.

And you say that with the utmost love and respect no doubt.   Wink

I don't know why Tom gets such a hard time...

Grin
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:35:09 AM

Also, OP is a hater.

I'm no hater of homosexuals, con-artists, self-importants or even convicted scammers. I am a hater of two things though-- cowards, and those who downplay the importance of their interview guests to try to make themselves seem more important.

I also hate rainbows.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 05:25:32 AM

Bruce is half right half wrong in my case.

I started using Tradehill in part because Mt. Gox was down with their hack, but also kept using them because the initial Tradehill interview on his show, and follow-up after the Dwolla fiasco was fairly impressive.  As much as anything I just thought that the Bitcoin ecosystem would be better off with more than one exchange (and Tradehill was a great place from a buyer's perspective back in the day.)

One of the reasons I did not ever (yet) use Mt. Gox was that they continued to sponsor Bruce after it became known that he is a convicted scam artist.

Anyway I've got my space in the block-chain and have not bought or sold BTC for many months.  Nor do I have any immediate plans to do either.  We'll see if Tradehill comes up with my funds which I just requested back.  If I were a betting man, I would bet that they do, but time will tell.  Bruce had me pretty well fooled so I have not much confidence in my judge of character these days.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 07:03:28 AM

Bruce is half right half wrong in my case.

I started using Tradehill in part because Mt. Gox was down with their hack, but also kept using them because the initial Tradehill interview on his show, and follow-up after the Dwolla fiasco was fairly impressive.  As much as anything I just thought that the Bitcoin ecosystem would be better off with more than one exchange (and Tradehill was a great place from a buyer's perspective back in the day.)

One of the reasons I did not ever (yet) use Mt. Gox was that they continued to sponsor Bruce after it became known that he is a convicted scam artist.

Anyway I've got my space in the block-chain and have not bought or sold BTC for many months.  Nor do I have any immediate plans to do either.  We'll see if Tradehill comes up with my funds which I just requested back.  If I were a betting man, I would bet that they do, but time will tell.  Bruce had me pretty well fooled so I have not much confidence in my judge of character these days.

Does anyone else find it amusing that “back in the day” is like six-eight months ago? LOL

Brucy is a genius really. He tried real crime and discovered that silly little things like regulatory agencies and legal systems can actually affect his ability to stay in business. I bet an actual light bulb flashed above the guys head when he thought to himself, “Hey, this Bitcoin thing isn’t regulated or under the legal purview of any government agency! PERFECT!

It's even better if you lover is able to do the same with a Third World country. ¡PERFECTO!
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 07:06:27 AM

I gotta say, I've had dinner several times with Bruce and lots of one-on-one conversations. While I can't speak to his past suspected transgressions, he is a true believer and faithful advocate of Bitcoin and I respect him for that.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 07:13:22 AM

I gotta say, I've had dinner several times with Bruce and lots of one-on-one conversations. While I can't speak to his past suspected transgressions, he is a true believer and faithful advocate of Bitcoin and I respect him for that.

And I respect you for letting us know that, something we didn't know or didn't/don't want to believe that of him. Sometimes, it's easy to continue kicking at a guy for no reason at all, except for a few LOL's. I'm almost 52 years old, and should know better. Thank you, Tuxavant, for putting this back into perspective.

~Bruno~
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 07:29:08 AM

And I respect you for letting us know that, something we didn't know or didn't/don't want to believe that of him. Sometimes, it's easy to continue kicking at a guy for no reason at all, except for a few LOL's. I'm almost 52 years old, and should know better. Thank you, Tuxavant, for putting this back into perspective.

~Bruno~

Self-important scam artists are always sincere.

I have talked with Bruce when he was here in Japan as well and he sounded very serious about succeeding, having fun, and above all, completely ignoring everyone with a concern about his plans. He was also very careful to paint himself as a celebrity telling me how children recognize him in New York and how that's what he cares about most. I never doubt this for a second, nor do I doubt after talking with him in great lengths about how to do damage control on his bashed public image that his refusal to respond to inquiries, lies, and eventual going into hiding was nothing more than protecting himself.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: