Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:27:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin ever goes mainstream  (Read 29017 times)
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:35:49 AM

If bitcoin was real mainstream (10% of people holding it) its price would had been going up like a missile in the previous one or two years. As more and more people was aware of its growing value, more and more people would rush to it, dumping fiat.

Gresham's Law says that people will hold/hoard the strong currency (bitcoin) and will dump the weak one (fiat) like hot potatoes. That would devalued fiat even more in front of bitcoin.

Perhaps, fiat would still survive, but it would be like fiat versus gold coins in times of inflation of fiat. No one would want to have their savings in fiat. Everyone still holding fiat for the long term would be ruined.

It's because of this (and other things stated on the OP) that I doubt governments will allow bitcoin to go mainstream. They will have to try to ban it (they won't be able to real destroy it, but will force bitcoin to return to the margins of the Internet) before this happening, forcing wealth to stay away from it.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:04:23 AM

I think if Bitcoin goes mainstrem (and it is going already btw) the fiat will stay anyway. There always will be situations when it is more convenient to use fiat and I think there is nothing wrong with that.
yeah I think it's not a problem. many people are too scared if bitcoin become mainstream then bitcoin will take over fiat, it's simply not true. Fiat will be like usual

There will always be people to use fiat on their daily lives,not all people have mobile phones that have bitcoin in them so fiat will still be used.
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:06:43 AM

I think if Bitcoin goes mainstrem (and it is going already btw) the fiat will stay anyway. There always will be situations when it is more convenient to use fiat and I think there is nothing wrong with that.
yeah I think it's not a problem. many people are too scared if bitcoin become mainstream then bitcoin will take over fiat, it's simply not true. Fiat will be like usual

There will always be people to use fiat on their daily lives,not all people have mobile phones that have bitcoin in them so fiat will still be used.
That's true especially the illiterate people will find it easy to use fiat and not bitcoin, as they might find using bitcoin complicated even if bitcoin gets on mainstream.
simonloff

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:16:42 AM

I don't think anyone will be ruined if bitcoin goes mainstream, it would be a very gradual process and almost everyone would be part of it, Bitcoin would still be linked to fiat by a price I think.
honeyhtet

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:17:16 AM

I think that a lot of people here only want Bitcoin to become mainstream so that their investment will increase in price and be sold thereafter to make profit, not because Bitcoin is innovative and cool.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:58:21 AM

I think Bitcoin will go mainstream as the change has started, you can not just see the speed of change it is much more faster than we imagine, I think Governments as well as bankers are failed to stop Bitcoin in last couple of years so I think bitcoin is incoming to the financial world.
KoinKartel

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:02:23 PM

I think that it will be take long for it to be used as regular money.

In fact, regular money took long to be used in its electronic version. I still know people that do not trust much on online bank transfers and payments. Due to Bitcoin being full online, well, it will take some time.

I am happy if it is a way to store value for some time.

I don't think even after Long time it will happen. Very difficult to replace the existing currencies with Bitcoin.

Bitcoin will coexist with existing currency for a long time.

Very true

Bitcoin has to coexist with fiat currencies, at least for the time being

because its actually fiat currencies that allow bitcoin to be valuable since, currently, the blockchain is mainly being used as a payment rail to facilitate transmission and transfer of value

The value being transferred can be anything... Fiat, property titles, etc

Without fiat currencies, bitcoin itself wouldn't have a USP that easily appeals to the average joe

Koinkartel.com (http://koinkartel.com)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:11:25 PM

If Bitcoin goes mainstream that will be a good thing because it will be accepted not only by big stores all over the world but by all kinds of smaller shops like grocery stores, hairdressers, laundromats etc. Consumers will have the choice to pay with their fiat or Bitcoin funds and that will help to bring the prices down and I hope there will be discounts for paying with Bitcoin for example.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:09:50 PM

I could see a scenario where bitcoin is accepted just like credit cards, paypal, and debit cards sometime in the near future.  I think it's very likely to happen within 10 years or so.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:32:38 PM

I could see a scenario where bitcoin is accepted just like credit cards, paypal, and debit cards sometime in the near future.  I think it's very likely to happen within 10 years or so.
thats the thing i seem to imagine too because im pretty sure bitcoin will be accepted by most people in ten years

besides that i think that the price will go through the ceiling and we will reach something like 10 k dollars per btc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:40:59 PM

I don't think it will be like this, If bitcoin goes mainstream enough then people would get plenty of opportunities to join in since it won't be a surprise but a gradual process, IMO everyone is getting an opportunity to join bitcoin.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 2979

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 03:49:14 PM

I think bitcoin is nearly mainsteam and it will happen sooner because we see more stores online accepting bitcoin as payment and they are increasing month by month.. I hope it will be the mainstream in the future if they develop more on bitcoin..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:58:16 PM

If Bitcoin goes mainstream that will be a good thing because it will be accepted not only by big stores all over the world but by all kinds of smaller shops like grocery stores, hairdressers, laundromats etc. Consumers will have the choice to pay with their fiat or Bitcoin funds and that will help to bring the prices down and I hope there will be discounts for paying with Bitcoin for example.

More likely Bitcoin goes mainstream if it become common for people to get paid in Bitcoin instead in Bank account. Long way from there, but its fine considering Bitcoin is not readdy yet for any higher usage because of capacity problems.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 04:16:14 PM

More likely Bitcoin goes mainstream if it become common for people to get paid in Bitcoin instead in Bank account. Long way from there, but its fine considering Bitcoin is not readdy yet for any higher usage because of capacity problems.

I think bitcoin has full potential to get on mainstream as it is getting more and more popular day by day and we will see many users using bitcoin as a currency.
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 04:43:26 PM

I think bitcoin has full potential to get on mainstream as it is getting more and more popular day by day and we will see many users using bitcoin as a currency.

I doubt, if majority of bitcoin users treat BTC as regular mean of payment. I'd rather say, that most of people give a try with investing and gambling.
poupatudo

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 04:44:24 PM

i hope someday it will happen,bitcoin very mainstream and popular,the future payment must be like this,simple and fast.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 06:37:12 PM

If bitcoin goes mainstream i think nothing will change. People will just start using bitcoin more than usual thats all.

poupatudo

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 06:38:42 PM

I'm sorry if it sounds pessimistic but I don't think there's anything guaranteeing mass mainstream adoption. Sure it might and it it does go there it will take several years but part of me just thinks most of the general public just has no need or desire to use bitcoin so the mainstream will largely avoid it. I thiunk it will still have its niche uses online and in some industries but will remain relatively underground still. I hope to be wrong though.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:43:19 AM

I'm sorry if it sounds pessimistic but I don't think there's anything guaranteeing mass mainstream adoption. Sure it might and it it does go there it will take several years but part of me just thinks most of the general public just has no need or desire to use bitcoin so the mainstream will largely avoid it. I thiunk it will still have its niche uses online and in some industries but will remain relatively underground still. I hope to be wrong though.

Your Idea is atleast realistic...bitcoin might really be known thru out the world, but mostly it's entire life would stay in online transactions..Even if it's adopted by many..
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:42:23 PM

I think that a lot of people here only want uᴉoɔʇᴉq to become mainstream so that their investment will increase in price and be sold thereafter to make profit, not because uᴉoɔʇᴉq is innovative and cool.

For ordinary people like us, we would like the price to be high and make some profits. We do not understand the technology.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: