Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:41:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742149 times)
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:46:59 PM

Actually Coinler some sensible people who hold Minerals are against anon because it makes real world adoption more difficult.  At least think about it.  Also Mintpal is the centre of price suppression, market manipulation of all kinds, so instead of labelling people who actually support the coin as being against it, use your brain and ask why some people might not favour these things.
What this guy said.
I like this coin, I'm holding a pretty damn big bag of it, a lot bigger than Coinler for sure and I'm against pushing it towards Mintpal. If it gets added naturally, than nothing could be done.

Actually Coinler some sensible people who hold Minerals are against anon because it makes real world adoption more difficult.  At least think about it.  Also Mintpal is the centre of price suppression, market manipulation of all kinds, so instead of labelling people who actually support the coin as being against it, use your brain and ask why some people might not favour these things.

Optional anon is the way to go. If you don't like it, nobody has to use it then. Those that do want it, then have that option.

Price suppression + market manipulation occurs on all exchanges. I'd probably argue it's easier to achieve on smaller exchanges (especially if volume is low) than the bigger exchanges. But it occurs everywhere... can't be helped... just depends on how fat the whales are.
It's easier to do it on smaller exchanges, but when it's done on big exchanges its ramification are far more severe and in most cases they mean the end of the coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:48:01 PM

Liking it does not have nothing to do with it. I trade alt coins for awile. Minerals is selling promises and doing pure marketing like many other pnd coins done before it. They just tweek abit here and there the way to promote the coin and we start seeing the sheep running into the slaughterhouse. While good coins with real development are looked over by this pnd coins.

Even if that weren't pure BS, why are you still here?
cryptouser

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

O__o

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:50:03 PM

Let's show community strength and activity!!!

Keep voting!
https://www.mintpal.com/voting#MIN
Bad idea.

Let's show community strength by NOT voting it into mintpal.

Mintpal is where coins go to to die.

Cryptograveyard.

+1

indeed! +100000

boooooooooooo for mintpal
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:56:19 PM

It's easier to do it on smaller exchanges, but when it's done on big exchanges its ramification are far more severe and in most cases they mean the end of the coin.

True, but it's not like anyone can stop MP from adding it if they want to. I'm not keen on voted coins, as they tend to die ... but a lot of that is simply due to the fact that voted coins really died ages before their listing and nobody bothered to tell the investors -- they are sort of like zombie coins.

Basically comes down to the devs needing to add value to a coin before (or at least shortly thereafter) it reaches the big exchanges. If people have a reason to hold, even tons of manipulation won't necessarily destroy a coin.

As for Minerals, the way I look at it is ... e-sports betting is somewhat unique. Beats me if it'd catch on, or if it will provide longterm value to a coin. But it's something different. Anon is something useful (to some) and up until very recently, unique.

So long as Minerals can do something that other coins aren't doing, it has some value. I wouldn't claim insane valuations, but 10Kish... sure, why not? Seems very possible assuming dev simply does some of the things he is working on. Once volume gets high enough, MP + Cryptsy will come knocking regardless of voting.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:57:34 PM

Keep voting!
Bad idea.

Mintpal is where coins go to die.

Cryptograveyard.

I don't understand why you're so insistent on this. If a coin is strong on it's own merits like we all think MIN has the potential to be when the development comes through, how could a single exchange 'kill' the coin?

Sure, bad coins have gone downhill after being listed there. But is MIN one of those coins?
loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:01:25 PM

Keep voting!
Bad idea.

Mintpal is where coins go to to die.

Cryptograveyard.

+1

indeed! +100000

boooooooooooo for mintpal
All you guys bitching about mintpal need to step back and see why all these coins are going down after hitting the excgange. It is the simple reason that they are being pumped on bittrex when it's known they are going to an unstable price. So when they hit mintpal they go back where they should be and grow from there if warranted.
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:03:02 PM

well let's put it this way.. i already have a projection of which price point we will hit without anon. and im usually pretty accurate with those on the markets catching the very bottom of dumps and the very top of pumps.  vertcoin just got resurrected from the grave with their new stealth wallet.. otherwise they were going to die and they knew it. some might think this is liquidity.. but it isnt. big buy walls of 10 and 20btc is liquidity. but u guys have your vision for your coin. i am just here for support anyway for what the dev has done. what i will say is the arguments against anon that i am hearing sound really desperate as attempt to shy away from anon. so if that is what you want then you can do it that way. im not arguing about it. just dont be surprised u say "no anon" and the price hits the floor. the promise of anon is what changed 2k from a roof and bubble, to a floor. you werent going to get that kind of investment from guys playing videogames in their mom's basement.

also worthy to note, we have already been beaten to e-sports betting including worldcup betting by another coin.. and well.. the response on the markets was.. well let's just say.. sucky.

good luck
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:04:57 PM

Keep voting!
Bad idea.

Cryptograveyard.

I don't understand why you're so insistent on this. If a coin is strong on it's own merits like we all think MIN has the potential to be when the development comes through, how could a single exchange 'kill' the coin?

Sure, bad coins have gone downhill after being listed there. But is MIN one of those coins?
It's because right now MIN has nothing to offer on its own.
Lots of speculation - sure.
Lots of potential - sure.
Good niche - sure.

But what utility does it actually have right now? Doesn't. That's why I think MP will kill it.

Once MIN gets its betting going on, than sure, adding to MP will do good, until than it's just like any other coin out there minus the fair distribution.

I want this coin to succeed, that's why I think it needs more utility to it before it gets listed on MP.
That's also why I am working with the dev behind the scene to get this coin more widely accepted within the twitch streamers community.
Coinler

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:11:27 PM

Keep voting!
Bad idea.

Cryptograveyard.

Good niche - sure.

But what utility does it actually have right now? Doesn't. That's why I think MP will kill it.

Once MIN gets its betting going on, than sure, adding to MP will do good, until than it's just like any other coin out there minus the fair distribution.

I want this coin to succeed, that's why I think it needs more utility to it before it gets listed on MP.
That's also why I am working with the dev behind the scene to get this coin more widely accepted within the twitch streamers community.

this coin stands on the community and the interaction with the dev. it is by far our greatest strongpoint in crypto besides the fair distribution method. too many devs just like to make coins cashout on high price point and piss off leaving the community afterwards.. it just happened to mugatucoin. among a sea of others. so good luck with your shitcoins being grilled by asics. ill be mining the next antiasic coin to be released.. and nothing else. min is probably 1 of just a handful of coins on the market that dont totally suck. min is stronger than them all.. blackcoin included. wouldnt say its stronger than vericoin tho. i will see vericoin at $1000 for one!
loges

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:14:50 PM

well let's put it this way.. i already have a projection of which price point we will hit without anon. and im usually pretty accurate with those on the markets catching the very bottom of dumps and the very top of pumps.  vertcoin just got resurrected from the grave with their new stealth wallet.. otherwise they were going to die and they knew it. some might think this is liquidity.. but it isnt. big buy walls of 10 and 20btc is liquidity. but u guys have your vision for your coin. i am just here for support anyway for what the dev has done. what i will say is the arguments against anon that i am hearing sound really desperate as attempt to shy away from anon. so if that is what you want then you can do it that way. im not arguing about it. just dont be surprised u say "no anon" and the price hits the floor. the promise of anon is what changed 2k from a roof and bubble, to a floor. you werent going to get that kind of investment from guys playing videogames in their mom's basement.

also worthy to note, we have already been beaten to e-sports betting including worldcup betting by another coin.. and well.. the response on the markets was.. well let's just say.. sucky.

good luck
I somewhat agree with what you had to say, except that a lot of the "investors" I've seen around here lately are kids playing in their moms basement. The esports betting actually caught my eye on this one because it looks like they might do it right. The anon debate I don't know. It seems like the trend is getting washed right now. It could end up like pos. Every coin needs it just to stay competitive. Minerals needs to keep its niche and they will succeed.
loges

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:18:04 PM

Keep voting!
Bad idea.

Cryptograveyard.

Good niche - sure.

this coin stands on the community and the interaction with the dev. it is by far our greatest strongpoint in crypto besides the fair distribution method. too many devs just like to make coins cashout on high price point and piss off leaving the community afterwards.. it just happened to mugatucoin. among a sea of others. so good luck with your shitcoins being grilled by asics. ill be mining the next antiasic coin to be released.. and nothing else. min is probably 1 of just a handful of coins on the market that dont totally suck. min is stronger than them all.. blackcoin included. wouldnt say its stronger than vericoin tho. i will see vericoin at $1000 for one!
Vericoin is good but it's the soup De jour. All coins at the top of the pump are the best one yet. $1000? You may be holding awhile.
Coinler

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:19:51 PM

well as someone pointed out earlier.. i am just a small investor compared to them. so they will know what theyre talking about more than me because they have more coins. either way, i am fine with any decision made by the community or the dev. i will just adjust my strategy based on what news i get and my own reading of the markets. all i have done is made some meagre suggestions to help boost the coins value. but if u want to try another route then i will simply observe the results. like i said early in this thread. i prefer a bird in the hand than a bird in the bush. i will have my own project to focus on soon anyway.
Coinler

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:22:02 PM

Vericoin is good but it's the soup De jour. All coins at the top of the pump are the best one yet. $1000? You may be holding awhile.

yes i know it will take a while.. hence why i held my mined coins and margin trading with a seperate investment since the 30k point. considering myself an idiot for not listening to myself telling myself over and over to buy in at 10k while it was there. but now i margin trade vericoin to multiply my stash and i will "mine my stock" like that up until the $1000 price point.. however long it takes.. but vericoin right now is positioned to replace bitcoin. dont say noone told u anything.
loges

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:22:29 PM

well as someone pointed out earlier.. i am just a small investor compared to them. so they will know what theyre talking about more than me because they have more coins. either way, i am fine with any decision made by the community or the dev. i will just adjust my strategy based on what news i get and my own reading of the markets. all i have done is made some meagre suggestions to help boost the coins value. but if u want to try another route then i will simply observe the results. like i said early in this thread. i prefer a bird in the hand than a bird in the bush. i will have my own project to focus on soon anyway.
Now that is how you debate. I'm guessing your older than the average 18 year old around here. Good luck to your project.
pmallek

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:23:07 PM

mintpal isnt coin killer, mintpal test coins
loges

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:26:06 PM

yes i know it will take a while.. hence why i held my mined coins and margin trading with a seperate investment since the 30k point. considering myself an idiot for not listening to myself telling myself over and over to buy in at 10k while it was there. but now i margin trade vericoin to multiply my stash and i will "mine my stock" like that up until the $1000 price point.. however long it takes.. but vericoin right now is positioned to replace bitcoin. dont say noone told u anything.
You seem sincere. There are a lot of shady people around vericoin right now just like every other big pump. Please be careful and watch closely for an exit.
Coinler

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:29:54 PM

You seem sincere. There are a lot of shady people around vericoin right now just like every other big pump. Please be careful and watch closely for an exit.

lol i know my friend.. i know. the current graph suggests a slump is approaching. but you would only assume that if u didnt know what veribit was. vericoin is a company. regardless of whether someone were to crash the market now.. it will revive. solidly strong coin. best thing to do is just get more of it. just wait for christmas.. or rather nearing christmas. the vericoin pump will be so ridiculous many people will puke at their screens lol. u can quote me on that. the coin is only a couple months old didnt you know. it could hit 200k in the snap of a finger or the blink of an eye.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:34:31 PM

several altcoins whose anonymity is its main attraction are failing to implement it satisfactorily.
I do not think this important resource for minerals this time. It's proving to be an excellent currency without it.
I think it would be much better to implement other resources at this time and when there is an anon feature functional, open source, just copy it and paste.
This coin has a huge potential without requiring anonymity.
Sorry for my English
loges

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:37:08 PM

lol i know my friend.. i know. the current graph suggests a slump is approaching. but you would only assume that if u didnt know what veribit was. vericoin is a company. regardless of whether someone were to crash the market now.. it will revive. solidly strong coin. best thing to do is just get more of it. just wait for christmas.. or rather nearing christmas. the vericoin pump will be so ridiculous many people will puke at their screens lol. u can quote me on that. the coin is only a couple months old didnt you know. it could hit 200k in the snap of a finger or the blink of an eye.
I bought vrc at 600. I sold with huge profit. I'm all about roi and I just see too much risk in obtaining that roi from vericoin right now compared to buying into more up and comers.
Coinler

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:48:10 PM

I bought vrc at 600. I sold with huge profit. I'm all about roi and I just see too much risk in obtaining that roi from vericoin right now compared to buying into more up and comers.

well that is your investment strategy. mine is to take part in coins that will actually be used as currency for a future world. i like the idea of being able to travel the world with bitcoin etc. but i know there is much room for improvement. if u check out my thread participation u will see i mainly only participate in merchant accepted coins ;p

u will probably understand what i mean after the devaluation of the U.S dollar comes on the heels of a crashing economy. fiat, like scryptcoins.. is on its way out my friend.
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: