Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:41:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742155 times)
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:41:08 AM

If there is no competition among pools DDoS just makes no sense. Why would anyone DDoS our pools if one cannot profit from it?

The pool owners might piss in your sandbox just because you wouldn't let them play?  Watch out for it.
That's a good enough reason for them to DDoS, you can count on it.
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:45:54 AM

If OCminer doesnt get the source and host a stratum server on suprnova.cc Im not touching this shit.

If 1 person controls the ip-hashrates how do we know he isnt mining the shit out of it himself ?
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:54:41 AM

You think these pools have DDOS protection? Think again.

We charge 2% because we are a premium pool where shit just works.

We'll see on launch :p

If there is no competition among pools DDoS just makes no sense. Why would anyone DDoS our pools if one cannot profit from it?

Sorry, not going to work.  Already contacted exchanges and gave them the heads up.

Nobody is going to host this coin on a major exchange.

If you mine this coin you are killing crypto.  And in fact, since you won't be able to trade it, you're just wasting electricity.

But why are you doing this? We are trying to have some innovative way of distributing coins and you want to kill this idea because pool operators, like yourself, can't participate? We were going well in discussion with Bittrex of listing us from the launch but I am afraid that they might not do it given your reputation.
This is just sad and makes no sense to me.

People will DDoS your pools because of the threat this coin poses to all other coins, if the system you introduce turns out to be more attractive than what is considered "normal" up to this point. If you bring something new to the table that revolutionizes the way the silent majority thinks, the ones who were in control will do everything in their power to remain in control.

Limiting the hashrate is a wonderful idea, but it's also a threat to the big wales out there. It is also a threat to every coin that uses the old system, and, along with it, to every pool owner that has a pool set up for any of those coins. If people find your coin more attractive than the others, they will migrate to it and abandon anything else.

If you mine this coin, you are SAVING crypto, not killing it. All people should be able to acquire coins at the same rate. There should be no difference between miners due to the fact that some can afford expensive equipment while others can't. Being able to increase the amount of coin one gains by selling the mined coins and reinvesting into mining equipment should not be possible, because this leads to an exponential increase in reward for that person. This is wrong, and it represents one of the main reasons why crypto cannot be seriously considered to replace real currencies in it's current state.
HardwarePal

Activity: 565

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:56:36 AM

The concept is a good idea in theory but in practice it isnt.

How do you know the centralized pool owner doesnt have an "unlocked" account and 95% of the network ?
dominikf

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:01:40 AM

Can you mine this with sgminer?
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:02:47 AM

How do you know the centralized pool owner doesnt have an "unlocked" account and 95% of the network ?

Pool statistics is public and anyone can check and control where the hashrate is coming from.

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:03:14 AM

Yes, it is standard X11 algo

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
dominikf

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:03:32 AM

Pool statistics is public and anyone can check and control where the hashrate is coming from.

Minerals can you mine this with sgminer configuration?
Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

I'd think the solution to this is some experienced people in crypto to vet the project, even actually telling us who you guys are, who is the actual dev, what experience does he have etc.

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
dominikf

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:04:19 AM

Yes, it is standard X11 algo

Ok thanks in how many hours is the official launch?
tz

Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:05:22 AM

Indeed, this is a problem. You have no way of knowing. You may choose to trust them or you may not.
Community trusted pool owners should be allowed to set up pools, and periodic audits of all activities should be made available to the community.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:07:23 AM

Indeed, this is a problem. You have no way of knowing. You may choose to trust them or you may not.
Community trusted pool owners should be allowed to set up pools, and periodic audits of all activities should be made available to the community.

+1

Simply set up a poll and let the users decide which pools they want to be set up and which not... this way it would make the community even stronger

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:10:25 AM

You think these pools have DDOS protection? Think again.

We charge 2% because we are a premium pool where shit just works.

We'll see on launch :p

Sorry, not going to work.  Already contacted exchanges and gave them the heads up.

Nobody is going to host this coin on a major exchange.

If you mine this coin you are killing crypto.  And in fact, since you won't be able to trade it, you're just wasting electricity.

But why are you doing this? We are trying to have some innovative way of distributing coins and you want to kill this idea because pool operators, like yourself, can't participate? We were going well in discussion with Bittrex of listing us from the launch but I am afraid that they might not do it given your reputation.
This is just sad and makes no sense to me.

People will DDoS your pools because of the threat this coin poses to all other coins, if the system you introduce turns out to be more attractive than what is considered "normal" up to this point. If you bring something new to the table that revolutionizes the way the silent majority thinks, the ones who were in control will do everything in their power to remain in control.

Limiting the hashrate is a wonderful idea, but it's also a threat to the big wales out there. It is also a threat to every coin that uses the old system, and, along with it, to every pool owner that has a pool set up for any of those coins. If people find your coin more attractive than the others, they will migrate to it and abandon anything else.

If you mine this coin, you are SAVING crypto, not killing it. All people should be able to acquire coins at the same rate. There should be no difference between miners due to the fact that some can afford expensive equipment while others can't. Being able to increase the amount of coin one gains by selling the mined coins and reinvesting into mining equipment should not be possible, because this leads to an exponential increase in reward for that person. This is wrong, and it represents one of the main reasons why crypto cannot be seriously considered to replace real currencies in it's current state.

I think it's better to stay away from Dedicatedpool after this. If they are using their power to control the revolution cryptocoins were supposed to be, like the mafia of crytocoins. Then it's probably better to avoid them.

I'll mine this coin, it's become important to support it

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:10:42 AM

OCminer is a very reputable pool owner, couldn't we just agree to let him host the pools for this coin and keep them at 0% fee? This way no one gains anything from it and this experiment can be fulfilled.
johndec2

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:13:10 AM

If you are too stupid to read the OP (1st and 2nd line).  I'll tell you.  It's next Tuesday.....  Tongue
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:13:27 AM

Well said.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:15:00 AM

OCminer is a very reputable pool owner, couldn't we just agree to let him host the pools for this coin and keep them at 0% fee? This way no one gains anything from it and this experiment can be fulfilled.

Thanks for your trust, but this is still not the (end) resolution of the problem Smiley

1. I wont be able to host the whole coin alone, it needs much resources (servers) which I simply cannot afford without fees

2. Community Trust only works when many (trusted) pools host it (suprnova, dedicated, hashharder, dwarf etc.)

3. Code review should also be done by trusted members

I really like the idea but, as already stated before, it fights the whole "open source currency" thing when things are controlled so much..

A bit control is okay, but not this "Dictator-Style"...

You could call it Fidel Castro Coin ^^

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
dominikf

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:17:21 AM

If you are too stupid to read the OP (2nd line).  I'll tell you.  It's next Tuesday.....  Tongue

I know it says today 15 GMT. But I'm from europe so I want to know when exactly this is here?
johndec2

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:19:38 AM

Did you click on the countdown timer (2nd line)??  Try the left mouse button, it's not hard.

If you are too stupid to read the OP (2nd line).  I'll tell you.  It's next Tuesday.....  Tongue

I know it says today 15 GMT. But I'm from europe so I want to know when exactly this is here?
MiMiMiner

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:20:12 AM

"Hashing power of each worker and IP will be limited to not more than 50 MH/s (see the poll) by limiting the number of shares that a worker can send to the pool per unit of time."

Really? So I am not able to mine this coin? Because I have my miners behind one single ip.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: