Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:25:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GoldReserve][XGR]X11 Unique Stabilizer Fund, BACKED BY GOLD NOW!  (Read 164050 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:08:56 PM

i love the coin idea .... but can u fix the POS and make source public
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:11:22 PM

Dev: please listen to the public's requests & faith will be restored quickly Cheesy
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:58:52 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 08:13:38 PM by JTB800

Ok, I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I cannot read another POW/POS post any longer.

Can someone tell me where exactly this gold is being stored? The actual bullion (or coins) I mean. And who is paying for the storage and insurance (from theft)? I am not being a troll. I own quite a bit of XNF (a similar "coin" on the Ripple platform) and I think the basic idea of XGR is fantastic.

However, the temptation is great. There are two opportunities for a scam here. One is the usual -- The dev takes the pre-mine (or an IPO) and is never heard from again. The second opportunity is the gold itself. Let's say that gold shoots to the moon and all of the XGR investors are thrilled. Well, now a developer has more temptation to disappear or claim that it was stolen. So, basically I am just asking what assurances do investors in XGR have that they are entitled to their share of the gold?

Thank you.
metalcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:23:07 PM

please excuse my shameless self advertising, but if this coin doesn't work out, you can all mine MTC for gold   Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651653.new#new

metalcoin.org
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:33:06 PM

Ok, I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I cannot read another POW/POS post any longer.

Can someone tell me where exactly this gold is being stored? The actual bullion (or coins) I mean. And who is paying for the storage and insurance (from theft)? I am not being a troll. I own quite a bit of XNF (a similar "coin" on the Ripple platform) and I think the basic idea of XGR is fantastic.

However, the temptation is great. There are two opportunities for a scam here. One is the usual -- The dev takes the pre-mine (or an IPO) and is never heard from again. The second opportunity is the gold itself. Let's say that gold shoots to the moon and all of the XGR investors are thrilled. Well, now a developer has more temptation to disappear or claim that it was stolen. So, basically I am just asking what assurances do investors in XGR have that they are entitled to their share of the gold?

Thank you.

Good questions. I have to say, that at the begining, Gold will be stored at my account. I can not pay for an escrow, there is none in my vicinity and it will cost a lot of money, monthly I mean, so at the moment it is not an option. Later, I have a plan to establish a non-profit organization, which will be the legal guardian of the coin and people who own GoldReserve coins will have "shares" in that company and share value will be the minimum buyback price of 1 XGR.

I know that for anyone who do not know me (so all of you), it seems to be a great temptation and an opportunity for a scam. We discussed that before, so I won't repeat myself. I need time to make this coin what is should be (a great store of value, unique amongst altcoins).

From my view, if I give control to the Gold account to some unknown but trustworthy escrow service, then it is as risky for me that it is for you to trust in me. If things will go as I planned, we will have at least a 100 BTC worth of Gold on that account. I can not risk to loose it because I trusted some unknown person or service.

GoldReserve Donation Acc: BTC: 16g8LVMpKAREXXQNRTUkxDNCoBykouTFZ9
GoldReserve Donation Acc: XGR: GftR1m2Gh8RPsNbQBZZ2xYHbWa7ps2dp8e
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:39:55 PM

please excuse my shameless self advertising, but if this coin doesn't work out, you can all mine MTC for gold   Wink

metalcoin.org

Well, well. People were furious about my 10% premine. You have 30%. I do not know what is the big secret assurance you have, but I am curious.

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:40:54 PM

Dev: please listen to the public's requests & faith will be restored quickly Cheesy

I am listening to the public's requests and I am working on it to come up with a fine solution!

JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:06:39 PM

Thank you.

Good questions. I have to say, that at the begining, Gold will be stored at my account. I can not pay for an escrow, there is none in my vicinity and it will cost a lot of money, monthly I mean, so at the moment it is not an option. Later, I have a plan to establish a non-profit organization, which will be the legal guardian of the coin and people who own GoldReserve coins will have "shares" in that company and share value will be the minimum buyback price of 1 XGR.

I know that for anyone who do not know me (so all of you), it seems to be a great temptation and an opportunity for a scam. We discussed that before, so I won't repeat myself. I need time to make this coin what is should be (a great store of value, unique amongst altcoins).

From my view, if I give control to the Gold account to some unknown but trustworthy escrow service, then it is as risky for me that it is for you to trust in me. If things will go as I planned, we will have at least a 100 BTC worth of Gold on that account. I can not risk to loose it because I trusted some unknown person or service.

Yes, I understand that the beginning will be difficult. But, there are reputable gold storage facilities. Yes, they are expensive (relatively speaking), but I think that most people would prefer some third party account of some kind. Take it out of the pre-mine or add more pre-mine. (I am not one of these people that hate pre-mine).

Anyway, setting it up properly will no doubt be time-consuming and somewhat costly, but, hey, it was your idea! And as far as I am concerned you should be compensated for your time. Anyway, I wish you luck on XGR!
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:16:55 PM

Devs - how do you plan to increase buying pressure? 24 hour volume has been 0.5788 BTC - you will need a lot more than that to buy gold no?

I ask as an investor, as a miner who is interested in this coin - I would like to know how you plan to increase the amount of people buying the coin? Being added to bittrex.com would help to begin with.
noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:20:39 PM

The 3,800,000 ( x 80%) of pre-mine unaccounted for will need to be sold at >= 0.00003289 to provide the BTC100 fund to buy gold. That will require a lot of buying pressure.

Say it works out great, theres BTC100 worth of gold in an account, using todays rates, what will each of the 40,000,000 PoW shares be worth?

yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:25:29 PM

The 3,800,000 ( x 80%) of pre-mine unaccounted for will need to be sold at >= 0.00003289 to provide the BTC100 fund to buy gold. That will require a lot of buying pressure.

Say it works out great, theres BTC100 worth of gold in an account, using todays rates, what will each of the 40,000,000 PoW shares be worth?

about 1.25kg gold

1 XGR is about 0.00125 $ (1oz gold = 1250$)

Adapted

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:30:46 PM

about 1.25kg gold

1 XGR could be worth quite bit more if you ask me...
The price you are stating should be the minimum of what should be the coin's value

noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:35:06 PM

about 1.25kg gold

Thank you for that maths!!!! Smiley I was too lazy to do it and wanted to be sure it was correct.

If this is true we literally have a .... gold mine on our hands.

Which brings us back to:
1. How will we create enough buy pressure to generate 100btc from the constant dumping of 3,800,000 coins over the next 2-3weeks.
and
2. JTB800's valid security/insurance concerns:

Thank you.

Yes, I understand that the beginning will be difficult. But, there are reputable gold storage facilities. Yes, they are expensive (relatively speaking), but I think that most people would prefer some third party account of some kind. Take it out of the pre-mine or add more pre-mine. (I am not one of these people that hate pre-mine).

Anyway, setting it up properly will no doubt be time-consuming and somewhat costly, but, hey, it was your idea! And as far as I am concerned you should be compensated for your time. Anyway, I wish you luck on XGR!

yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:35:10 PM

about 1.25kg gold

The price you are stating should be the minimum of what should be the coin's value

yes this was the minimum value according to the amount gold. of course i expect a higher trading value for this coin.
metalcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:57:24 PM

metalcoin.org

Well, well. People were furious about my 10% premine. You have 30%. I do not know what is the big secret assurance you have, but I am curious.

Wooaaaahhahaha, am I your arch nemesis now? No, I support your coin over most coins out there, because GRE offers real value in it's coin, not just a popular meme, no offense DOGE.

If you're curious about the secret concept, you'll have to stay connected, if all goes well, it will be revolutionary.  Smiley

Anyhow, I hope your coin does well, I'm rooting for you!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
ljm81

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:07:27 PM

If you all want to know how Bittrex picks there coins to list AtheistCoin is a good example https://twitter.com/hashtag/AtheistCoin?src=hash.
Thats the buying pressure you need.
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:07:39 PM

about 1.25kg gold

yes this was the minimum value according to the amount gold. of course i expect a higher trading value for this coin.

Yes, the price we are talking about will be the minimum buyback price of the coin. At the begining that will be a low amount comparing to the market value of the coin! But later, when everything will fit into place, there could be a much higher ratio.

Doing the math: 100 BTC for premine, means 80 BTC for gold reserve: 80/40000000=0,000002 BTC/XGR (200 sat), momentary price of XGR is 1500 sat, it is a 1:7,5 ratio. Later, it could be 1:4, 1:3, 1:2 ratio, which will give the investors a bigger confort holding XGR for longer terms.

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:21:06 PM

metalcoin.org

Wooaaaahhahaha, am I your arch nemesis now? No, I support your coin over most coins out there, because GRE offers real value in it's coin, not just a popular meme, no offense DOGE.

If you're curious about the secret concept, you'll have to stay connected, if all goes well, it will be revolutionary.  Smiley

Anyhow, I hope your coin does well, I'm rooting for you!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Hey man, don't be upset, I did not mean that! I am just telling you because, man, I had some weird shit for starting with 10% premine, so prepare yourself! There are people out there who will try to eat you alive for that!  Grin

I am supporting any idea which gives something really valuable to any new coin! I am rooting for you too!

Good Luck!

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:24:34 PM

Devs - how do you plan to increase buying pressure? 24 hour volume has been 0.5788 BTC - you will need a lot more than that to buy gold no?

I ask as an investor, as a miner who is interested in this coin - I would like to know how you plan to increase the amount of people buying the coin? Being added to bittrex.com would help to begin with.

Ok, about buying pressure. I am planning a twitter campaign, first with the help of a community but in next week I will pay an expert to do that for us! I will promote GoldReserve at other important sites, social media as well. I am getting offers from media expert, they wanna promote GoldReserve.

These are my short term plans. And we will have a merchant who accept XGR soon!!!

scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 10:49:06 PM

GoldReserve POOL
http://gre.freemoneyonlines.info/

Is up and running!

1% Pool Fee / PROP payout system

Point your miners at: stratum+tcp://gre.freemoneyonlines.info:3336

Optimized GPU Miner: ./sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://gre.freemoneyonlines.info:3336 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

CPU Miner: ./minerd -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://gre.freemoneyonlines.info:3336 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: