Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:41:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RE-ANN] GrowthCoin PoW/PoS - 100% per year - Version 1.3.0.1  (Read 66145 times)
Sunnyfive

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:11:34 AM

we need x11 or x13 now

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:35:45 AM

we need x11 or x13 now

what is that?

ice00

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:58:16 AM

we need x11 or x13 now

what is that?

Diffrent algorithms for POW function that should use less resources and actually ASIC resistant.

NXT: 1408301140704352478
EMC: Ec2TpuRxcYr4WHMp12vZYck5ch3ymzskbZ
dengnizaidongji

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:34:18 AM

we need x11 or x13 now

what is that?

Diffrent algorithms for POW function that should use less resources and actually ASIC resistant.

ok,we need it. Tongue

Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:46:50 AM

I would like to kick start the cryptsy donation box but I am a bit worried I might be the only one. I was hoping to get some members of the community to help pitch in as well, if we all pitch in together we can get listed on another exchange which will help me to buy some more GRW as well as sell some our stakes to new investors. I would love to donate as long as someone else will donate with me with the condition that someone else will donate if the last person donates. This way we can all see and actually raise enough for the fund. What do you guys think? Is anyone keen enough to donate and help get listed on cryptsy?
dengnizaidongji

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:18:38 AM

I would like to kick start the cryptsy donation box but I am a bit worried I might be the only one. I was hoping to get some members of the community to help pitch in as well, if we all pitch in together we can get listed on another exchange which will help me to buy some more GRW as well as sell some our stakes to new investors. I would love to donate as long as someone else will donate with me with the condition that someone else will donate if the last person donates. This way we can all see and actually raise enough for the fund. What do you guys think? Is anyone keen enough to donate and help get listed on cryptsy?

goooooooooood.

ice00

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:48:37 AM

The download of blockchains terminate with daemon segfault as it finds something strange into the index database. As I cannot copy the log error from here, I just make a boostrap operation to re-index again.

That means that pool will be offline even before tonight

noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:51:07 AM

I will donate too. The top priority for now is to get GRW added to Cryptsy coin voting https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/
unick (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:19:44 PM

The download of blockchains terminate with daemon segfault as it finds something strange into the index database. As I cannot copy the log error from here, I just make a boostrap operation to re-index again.

That means that pool will be offline even before tonight

You seem to have a lot of difficulty with your blockchain. Let me know if you find anything unusual in the log files or it's an operational issue.

I will donate too. The top priority for now is to get GRW added to Cryptsy coin voting https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

Once we get on the voting list for Cryptsy we could raise the funds to buy our way in. I've already sent Cryptsy a request and they are "looking" into it.  Maybe if other users request it too, it could have a positive impact.

I also sent Poloniex a request. Still waiting to hear from them.

I have made a lot of commits to the source code. still have a few I want to push in before releasing version 1.3.1.0

Stay tuned Tongue

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:35:57 PM

I'll donate too. My question is how often does cryptsy actually add new coins though??

Work looks good unick I have been watching the commits  Grin

Also all the people requesting algo changes. Scrypt works great for this coin. There is no reason to add a complicated hard fork that may add problems to the coin. PoS should take over most of the network eventually anyways.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:06:14 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 08:12:02 PM by noise23

I started add request topic at Cryptsy forums - https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000279240
Please support it there  Smiley

Also sent a request to support email, they replied "I have submitted your coin to our development team who will review it to see if it meets our requirements for addition to the Cryptsy exchange."
ice00

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:03:30 PM

I had to restart the daemon (not all the bootstrap were finished), but now:

GrowthCoin server starting

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error       
CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22       
GrowthCoin in AppInit()       

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22

It seems that I have to make a reindex again

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

GrowthCoin in AppInit()       

From my personal experiences bootstrapping is hit or miss.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
unick (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

GrowthCoin in AppInit()       

what made you restart the daemon?

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
ice00

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:43:38 PM

GrowthCoin in AppInit()       

what made you restart the daemon?

Quick restart of server for kernel security update.
Daemon was closed correctly from log.
This is owever the same thing that happens to my pc wallet when interrupt bootstrap and then reopen it (but i was supposed it was a problem with wine emulation)

ice00

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:52:42 PM

Also all the people requesting algo changes. Scrypt works great for this coin. There is no reason to add a complicated hard fork that may add problems to the coin. PoS should take over most of the network eventually anyways.

I agree.
Coins generations are reducing every 3 months, so POS will generate more coins of POW.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:29:39 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 07:43:07 AM by David Latapie

My first GRW minting!

https://i.imgur.com/fwdCgyq.png

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:34:28 AM

Regarding this PoW thing: the only reason why we could need a new algorithm is if it adds more value than it hinders people.The only value I can think of is less energy and fairness of distribution (less of an advantage to ASIC or even GPU).

X11/X13
+ requires less energy than scrypt
+ gives less of an advantage to GPU over CPU
- Easier to create ASIC for
Do X13 has advantage in these departements over X11?

Groestl
+ requires less energy than scrypt
+ gives less of an advantage to GPU over CPU
How does Groestl compare to X11/X13 on these departments?

CryptoNight
+ still GPU resistant (presently, GPU mining is less profitable than CPU mining)
+ Might require less energy than scrypt
+ ASIC? Well, probably forget it
How does CryptoNight

All PoW have the same issue: they may break things bad, something an established coin wants to avoid. The Myriadcoin route (you choose your algo) might be interesting.

But in any case, I do not see any convincing argument for changing the algo.
Full disclosure: I do not mine
 => good. But it seems to be to create ASIC for => bad On this, I see either X11/X13, Groestl or CryptoNight. I don''t know if X13 uses less energy than X11 (I think it doesn't) and CryptoNight

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:41:08 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 07:52:03 AM by David Latapie

Here is a linux binary: http://david.latapie.name/static/cryptos/GRW/GrowthCoin-Qt
Please check if it works on your platform.

And here's the oneliner for compilation and creating a shortcut on the desktop, provided you have all the required dependacies:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/iamunick/growthcoin && cd growthcoin && qmake-qt4 growthcoin-qt.pro && make && ln -s ~/cryptos/growthcoin/GrowthCoin-Qt ~/Desktop/GRW

unick, feel free to upload a copy on your server and to add the oneline on the OP
If any of you thinks this deserves some GRW, donations are much appreciated:
Code:
GSCx33jfd1zc9M2bAFTCBjWz8PYnSdWzTK

ice00

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Regarding this PoW thing: the only reason why we could need a new algorithm is if it adds more value than it hinders people.The only value I can think of is less energy and fairness of distribution (less of an advantage to ASIC or even GPU).

It is true that they can attract more people and they use less energy.

However as I manage to run even a X11 pool, I see that people pomp up their GPU for X11 mine, so it consumes energy as for a Scrypt, but it has more high hashrate that was required for a task.
With this, difficulty soon goes up and so mining for X11 require you use as the same energy used for Scrypt to get the same amount of coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: