Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MaskCoin and MaskNetwork  (Read 33360 times)
RoyalMiners

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:08:03 AM

New source code from scratch sounds good in theory.  I'd be more interested in reading a paper about your idea then IPO's and all that.

The graphic design is amazing.  The distributed ad system is a neat concept, but how do you deal with spam/contraband/bad-stuff if its p2p with no approval?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mileva

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:31:08 AM

A good idea!

IrReAr

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:34:54 AM

>I'm making this announcement, because the number of new altcoins is staggering and likely in September there are going to be 3 or 4 shitcoins that will use the word "MaskCoin" or "Mask" in their shitnames. MaskNetwork means thousands of hours of work and innovation. It's a big step forward for cryptocoins (distributed p2p ledgers) and i want to be sure there is no confusion in the end.
Lol, I definetly like it, looking forward to September.
themasknetwork (OP)

Activity: 246

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:08:20 AM

New source code from scratch sounds good in theory.  I'd be more interested in reading a paper about your idea then IPO's and all that.

The graphic design is amazing.  The distributed ad system is a neat concept, but how do you deal with spam/contraband/bad-stuff if its p2p with no approval?

1. The ads are paid and only the first 25 ads are displayed based on bid / hour. In time the first 25 spots will become expensive. This will solve the spam issue.

2. Contraband / illegal stuff - Sooner or later drugs dealers will step. You can sell weed using TOR or you will be able to do it using MaskNetwork or other clones. If you get caught you go to jail. If not, you make money. same old story. It's a distributed p2p marketplace. Nobody controls anything. Nobody can delete anything. Nobody can tell you what to sell. You can only watch the show...Smiley

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:17:07 AM

Interested

mozurt

Activity: 286

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:25:03 AM

wallet desain seem like annowallet from goldentowns game : http://www.annowallet.com/

you fork from them? Cheesy
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:42:54 AM

wallet desain seem like annowallet from goldentowns game : http://www.annowallet.com/

I am the owner of anno1777 labs, the company behind great games like anno1777 or goldentowns (anno1777 was sold this year). Goldentowns is quite popular here.

The game's currency is GoldenTowns Coin (GTC). There are 100.000 GTC in circulation, 100% backed by gold.

What you see is a small wallet to allow players to spend the coins outside the game. It was nice addition to GoldenTowns, but its a simple centralized, client-server application written in flash. It took around 2 weeks to write it. It's nice, has some app written around it but it's nothing compared to MaskNetwork.

We took the interface, rewrite everything in java, worked for 12 months in a row and you are going to see the results in August.

We have 5 years of writing extremely complex real money social games.

No, those who wrote MaskNetwork are not newbies programmers...Smiley

MASKNETWORK.
yanyuan

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:45:19 AM

http://www.annowallet.com/GIF/scr_4_big.jpg

same looking ...
anyone explain it ?
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:03:43 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 03:55:38 PM by themasknetwork

1. Launch date : on August, 1 we will launch the testnet. The real net along with MSK / USD and MSK / BTC exchanges will be launched on September 20.

2. IPO : IPO will start September 8. It will close on September 16. We will sell 500.000 coins at different price levels.

DO NOT BUY MSK unless you have TESTED the client / network and consider it worth the risk. MaskNetwork code has over 50.000 lines of code (187 java files). It's completely NEW AND UNTESTED software. Only the interface took hundreds of hours to write / design.  

3. Distribution model : There are going to be 100.000.000 coins. 5 millions are owned by the team. The rest are going to be slowly distributed to stakeholders mainly by INTEREST. The ideea is simple. ANY address holding at least 25 MSK will receive initially a 25% / year interest, paid DAILY. The interest will decrease / increase depending on the default address balance. We think that, in the first 4-5 years, the 25% interest will maintain itself. The default address pay the interest but in the same time receives tons of fees (network services like ads, transactions fee...)

Technical aspect : addresses will issue every 24 hours a RFI packet (Request for interest). The packet contains a transaction sending coins from the default network address (the address holding the 95 mil coins) to any other address. The signer of the transaction has to own minimum 25 MSK. Once the transaction is included in a block, and executed, the signer address can not spend coins for 24 hours.

For example an address holding 1000 MSK will generate 0.68 MSK / day. All you have to do is to keep your wallet open to receive the interest.

MASKNETWORK.
robbo389

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:36:26 PM

Will the coins be vulnerable to a 51% attack?
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:14:08 PM

So this is something like closed p2p ebay with built up payment mechanism? Looks decent, but if I am not mistaken there already is a Bitcoin, ebay and TOR network. Those probably offer much more then your current project.

Are you serious?
silkroad charges 6% per item sold. TOR is not a completely decentralized network and it is slow. The server the web files are hosted on can be taken down anytime. TOR blackmarket is not the solution, a p2p completely decentralized market IS the solution.

Whether it be Maskcoin or OpenBazzar, I don't care, what i do care about is the fact that the marketplace is 100% decentralized and anonymous.

As far as i now, OpenBazzar is not quite a full p2p solution. You still need to "connect" to "stores". You are still browsing remote computers. Also does not have an integrated payment method. It uses Bitcoin for payments. There are also rumors that it is not going to be released anytime soon :

"None of its original creators want to work on it any more, with their own projects taking up the majority of their time, and so it is left to the community to continue the coding. "

When you put a new item for sale on MaskNetwork, a packet is broadcasted and all nodes will update their local database. When you browse a store, you are not browsing a REMOTE location, you are browsing YOUR COMPUTER. Only when you click "Buy", the payment transaction is broadcasted.

That means 100% anonymity for those who sell. As a seller, you don't need a hosting / computer. You just add your product to the distributed ledger and wait for orders.

MASKNETWORK.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:21:00 PM

I don't understand how it is distributed.

Who gets the other 95,000,000 coins to start?

Also don't get why in POS coins those already having coins get so much interest  Huh

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
SamuelRPatterson

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:47:20 PM

So this is something like closed p2p ebay with built up payment mechanism? Looks decent, but if I am not mistaken there already is a Bitcoin, ebay and TOR network. Those probably offer much more then your current project.

Are you serious?
silkroad charges 6% per item sold. TOR is not a completely decentralized network and it is slow. The server the web files are hosted on can be taken down anytime. TOR blackmarket is not the solution, a p2p completely decentralized market IS the solution.

Whether it be Maskcoin or OpenBazzar, I don't care, what i do care about is the fact that the marketplace is 100% decentralized and anonymous.

As far as i now, OpenBazzar is not quite a full p2p solution. You still need to "connect" to "stores". You are still browsing remote computers. Also does not have an integrated payment method. It uses Bitcoin for payments. There are also rumors that it is not going to be released anytime soon :

"None of its original creators want to work on it any more, with their own projects taking up the majority of their time, and so it is left to the community to continue the coding. "

When you put a new item for sale on MaskNetwork, a packet is broadcasted and all nodes will update their local database. When you browse a store, you are not browsing a REMOTE location, you are browsing YOUR COMPUTER. Only when you click "Buy", the payment transaction is broadcasted.

That means 100% anonymity for those who sell. As a seller, you don't need a hosting / computer. You just add your product to the distributed ledger and wait for orders.

Hey, Sam from the OpenBazaar project here. Just wanted to clear up a few things.

That quote about the creators not continuing development is about Dark Market, not OpenBazaar. Because of that, we forked Dark Market and are continuing development. We have a development roadmap and are aiming to have beta release late summer:

https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar/wiki/Development-Roadmap

Also, it is a p2p marketplace. Each computer is a node, and listings are indexed with keywords in DHTs and can be searched.

Our use of Bitcoin is something that we think is a feature, not a bug.

Good luck with MaskNetwork. Creating a p2p network for trade is a difficult project, so if you're open to collaboration on the tough questions, we are too. We want to see this happen. You can reach me at sam@openbazaar.org.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:53:45 PM

Also don't get why in POS coins those already having coins get so much interest  Huh

No one... some will be available for you to buy... the rest will go the stakeholders "mainly" in the form of interest. Whatever mainly means.

And this isn't decentralized! It's 100% centralized! A beautiful interface that's going to start wave 4, is it? Now we'll be telling everyone that's okay to become a corporation... we don't give a hoot about preventing shit like that anyway, right? Offer a store where I pay you to advertise (well, can't imagine many joe's in this camp will be able to afford prime placement, no fair).... how about a service to "rent" vanity addresses? Are you going to auto bill my wallet every month? What happens to my coins if I can't pay my bill and someone else gets my vanity name and my sister sent me some coins? But I shouldn't be worried... if I don't want my coins, I can trade them in (to you) for good old fashioned gold. This isn't innovation.

Who's benefits? No one except 'stakeholders'. It's just sad that most won't recognize until the scene changes. Appearances. Ok, I admit... this launch might be a good thing somewhat, in setting a higher standard for these scam coins (and that would be based mostly on esthetics; these idiots here are easily fooled)  ... But I hope you know what you're doing - this is dangerous ground for the whole crypto world as it stands today. Hell, maybe MaskCoin's silver standard coin might offer miners a steady paycheck or something to mine coins that never reach their wallet until payday.

And I'm just a nobody... I don't have a failed coin or anything, not my issue with this coin. It's the disguise. 

hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:29:21 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 05:17:22 AM by hamiltino

Also don't get why in POS coins those already having coins get so much interest  Huh

Premine is 5 million

IPO is 500k

Now if interest is 25% a year, in reality it means that the creator will have 10x more coins than all the other coins in existence.

So yes, you could say this is a 90% premine.

If its opensource, someone should just clone it and make the distribution fair.

stacking coin
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:17:46 AM

No one... some will be available for you to buy... the rest will go the stakeholders "mainly" in the form of interest. Whatever mainly means.

And this isn't decentralized! It's 100% centralized! A beautiful interface that's going to start wave 4, is it? Now we'll be telling everyone that's okay to become a corporation... we don't give a hoot about preventing shit like that anyway, right? Offer a store where I pay you to advertise (well, can't imagine many joe's in this camp will be able to afford prime placement, no fair).... how about a service to "rent" vanity addresses? Are you going to auto bill my wallet every month? What happens to my coins if I can't pay my bill and someone else gets my vanity name and my sister sent me some coins? But I shouldn't be worried... if I don't want my coins, I can trade them in (to you) for good old fashioned gold. This isn't innovation.

Who's benefits? No one except 'stakeholders'. It's just sad that most won't recognize until the scene changes. Appearances. Ok, I admit... this launch might be a good thing somewhat, in setting a higher standard for these scam coins (and that would be based mostly on esthetics; these idiots here are easily fooled)  ... But I hope you know what you're doing - this is dangerous ground for the whole crypto world as it stands today. Hell, maybe MaskCoin's silver standard coin might offer miners a steady paycheck or something to mine coins that never reach their wallet until payday.

And I'm just a nobody... I don't have a failed coin or anything, not my issue with this coin. It's the disguise. 

MaskNetwork has a DEFAULT ADDRESS, initially holding the 95.000.000 coins. This default address receives the NETWORK FEES and it's paying the STAKEHOLDERS. This address has no private key, and nobody owns it. DEFAULT ADDRESS=NOBODY. Now :

1. "Offer a store where I pay you to advertise " - When you pay a spot, the coins go to DEFAULT ADDRESS. You don't pay us. You pay a NETWORK FEE.

2. "how about a service to "rent" vanity addresses" - You can register any address for the same price 0.0001 MSK / day. The coins go to the DEFAULT ADDRESS, not to us. It's a NETWORK FEE.

3. "What happens to my coins if I can't pay my bill and someone else gets my vanity name " - The money will go to somebody else.

4. "I can trade them in (to you) for good old fashioned gold" - you can't. We don't buy MSK for gold. This is not GoldenTowns...Smiley

5. "Who's benefits? No one except 'stakeholders'." - Any address holding 25 MSK will receive 25% / year interest paid daily. Even at 1 MSK = 10 USD, any address holding 250 USD will become a 'stakeholder'. There are going to be tons of 'stakeholders'.

MASKNETWORK.
thunderlei

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:16:18 AM

Are you serious?

it sounds like a good idea. Would u mind share some information about the team behind the projects?  at least some key information , ex: how many of u , what background and  what projects have your team involved before?

Thanks
th4o

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:38:14 AM

Maybe I will give this a try
constary

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:25:53 PM