Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:03:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Hardware Support **Unofficial  (Read 56743 times)
trixter

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:08:43 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 08:37:12 PM by trixter

note, you have been warned that any modifications of your terraminer are dangerous (due to the high power currents involved) and that you will definitely void your warranty and lose any support possibility you ever had from cointerra.  if you dont care about that and still want to go ahead, on your own head be it.  (if youve opened your box and done anything to the innards, there's no way cointerra would be able to repair it, so if there's any doubt, dont touch it!)

I will add that cointerra charges about $350 just to look at the unit.  Once inspected they will tell you what they want to repair it.  The $350 is non-refundable but I believe does include shipping back to you.  

The warranty is only for 30 days on new sales 3 months on sales from long enough ago its out of warranty anyway.  You must use the original shipping container in order to send something back to them or you void the warranty.  They have so many ways that the warranty gets voided its almost as if they expect the units to fail.

The standard one is an 1100 watt power-one unit.  there is a 1200 watt Murata one that fits in the same size housing (but may need wiring changes to utilise) if thats of interest.   Failing that, perhaps someone should try an outboard power supply (like most miners these days are shipping without psus) and use bigger power supplies and direct connect their outputs to the terraminer's power input?

I suggested the PFE drop in replacement because the power supply in the unit has an i2c bus and the boards might talk to the psu.  If you replace it with something totally different like an external you are likely going to have to do a lot more work to make that function properly.  I believe that the ps_load argument to cgminer is involved in talking to the psu over that bus but I have not researched that aspect enough.  I do know that cgminer just passes that argument to the CTA board and does not do anything internally with it, which hints that a firmware change would be required to change to a non-compatible psu.  The fact that power-one says
Customers can freely migrate between the models, allowing system optimization at the end of the design cycle.
is helpful in assessing risk.  Specifically I do not think there is any as long as you stay in their PFE/PET series.

http://www.power-one.com/power-solutions/products/embedded-power/ac-dc-hot-swap-front-ends/platinum-efficiency/pfe-series/series

There might be some light shed on this if someone has a 2TH/s unit and can get the model number of the psu so that I can compare what all was changed.  If its also a power-one PFE/PET series then its likely that one firmware can deal with all of them trivially, if however its something totally different then that may mean the psu has less communication since the same firmware works on both and with only 55k of code at an average of 4 bytes per opcode excluding the symbols and other text you are looking at fewer than 10k instructions which makes it less likely that the firmware has 2 totally different psu control sections.  A totally different PSU would hint that the firmware does not do much with the psu.

Power-one does do cases of the power supplies, they are 10 packs.  There is a price discount at digikey, mouser, etc for 10 packs and some you can only buy in a case.  At 2 per unit a group buy would not take a large group before you start to see a price drop, but until someone swaps one and sees if it does anything I do not suspect that anyone will want to pony up the money just because.

The power efficiency graph on power-one says its most efficient at about 50% max capability.  Inefficiency is commonly presented as heat as well as slightly higher power bills.  Granted its only a few percent difference but a larger one might help keep things slightly cooler while providing enough of a surplus that the boards run better.  Just need a guinea pig to try it, preferably someone who can spare the $450 without compromising their ability to put food on the table for their family.

You could just swap 1 psu and see if that board performs better before ordering a 2nd.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoseSan

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:46:05 AM

If you try to be clever and use binwalk on the GSA firmware you will be disappointed.  It claims it contains a LZMA compressed data section and the uncompressed size is 9000 yottabytes.  This is obviously incorrect, which leads me to think that it is a direct image for the ARM MCU.

It's clearly not compressed, there are printf strings all over the binary (e.g. "A%dC%d Pump bad %d"). That doesn't mean that the code itself doesn't do some decompression, but as you so perfectly put it, occams razor and all that. There's even a string "Set asic %d core %d to speed %d pll 0x%X". I stuck the firmware into this online disassembler; who knows if it's any good:

http://www.onlinedisassembler.com/odaweb/wzJdcS/0

I took a great interest in this firmware a few weeks back, but gave up. I think my non-working board is borked for some other reason, but the MCU _does_ communicate from time to time, so I held out hope. I really appreciate your writing that little essay, it's rekindled my interest. I just wish they would release the damn firmware code instead of us poking around like criminals.
trixter

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:24:56 AM

It's clearly not compressed, there are printf strings all over the binary (e.g. "A%dC%d Pump bad %d"). That doesn't mean that the code itself doesn't do some decompression, but as you so perfectly put it, occams razor and all that. There's even a string "Set asic %d core %d to speed %d pll 0x%X". I stuck the firmware into this online disassembler; who knows if it's any good:

http://www.onlinedisassembler.com/odaweb/wzJdcS/0

my point was that it is clearly not LZMA compressed because its not 9000 yottabytes Smiley  There are also no other known signatures in the file indicating if it is anything it is not standard or well known.  It is more likely that it is completely uncompressed as there is little need.  And yes there are symbols and strings all over in there that indicate a lot of it is not compressed.

I have IDA pro and plan on using that although I have not yet reinstalled after I wiped  this system as part of an upgrade a while back.  That one generally does a better job than most at this type of thing.

onlinedisassembler does not appear to do armv7 which would explain some of the undefined instructions.  I would not rely on its output as it apparently lacks the proper support for this MCU.  It also appears to ignore the symbol information which can be quite helpful in knowing generally what a section of code does without having to parse every line and figure that out yourself.

BTW: email cointerra support and explain your woes, some of the newer firmwares deal better with usb resets than what is in 0.7.6.
trixter

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:26:33 AM

touching on the PSUs a bit, one thing that may help is to reverse the fan.  There are two otherwise identical model PSUs made by power-one.  The PFE-1100-054RA and the PFE-1100-054NA, the R/N stands for reverse or normal airflow.  For some reason cointerrible got the reverse ones so cold is rear and hot is front even though the rest of the system is completely opposite.  Because these are otherwise identical and it does not make sense from a manufacturing standpoint to have two completely different layouts internally I suspect but have zero proof that the only difference is the direction of the fan.

The fan can either be flipped or possibly, maybe depending on stuff I couldnt see, the power wire reversed to reverse the flow of the fan.

I suspect that reversing the fan may actually be helpful, especially for boxes in a data center with a cold and hot side.  If people have exhaust strategies in a home environment this would probably be even more helpful since they are unlikely to have surplus airco capacity.

To remove the psu:

remove power to the machine
remove the 4 phillips screws holding the heatshield on and set aside
depress the grey tab and pull the psu, the connector may stick a bit but a firm yet gentle tug should dislodge it.
using a small screwdriver, tack or other item pry the 3-4 tabs on each side of the psu out just enough to let the  top cover slip off
using a small torx bit, smaller than T10 (which is the smallest I had so I never went this far) remove the screw
The top cover should be easily removed at this point and you can locate the fan.  Flip it around.

I got as far as being able to open the cover a bit to blow some air in and remove the dust that was in there but could not get to the fan so I could not  reverse it.  Any information on what size torx screw it is and especially if reversing the fan helps would be appreciated.

There very well may be a reason they got the reverse air psus, I just cant see it.   There is plenty of space for air to get in and it makes a whole lot more sense to suck the coldest air in rather than the hottest.  The heat shield would not even be required if the fans were not reversed.

The psu will shut down at about 115C on its own per power-one so if this turns out to be a bad idea you may have to wait for it to cool and undo whatever you did.  In  theory a cooler psu will output more stable voltages which in turn should result in better hashing.
tobewobie

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:22:57 AM

sorry to ask again :

Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra v Coollaboratory Liquid Pro ?

'' After the overwhelming success of the Liquid Pro, the new Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra was developed. Of course the Liquid Ultra is also made of 100% metal, but it has an absolute new usability and offers an outstanding performance. Due to the paste-like texture the application is now very easy. ''

- which sounds good because ive never done this kind of thing before, and i am unable to find the liquid pro in the country where i am.

just one thing scared me :

'' Please notice that the Liquid Ultra is not suitable with the usage of aluminum surfaces. ''

-- umm . so my fear is that the chip or cooling block has aluminum or something? - sorry if that makes some people laugh - i really have no idea about chip metals

thanks ~
JoseSan

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:02:48 AM

-- umm . so my fear is that the chip or cooling block has aluminum or something? - sorry if that makes some people laugh - i really have no idea about chip metals

thanks ~

The block is copper, the chip is a semiconductor with epoxy around it (see http://www.empf.org/empfasis/2007/June07/flip.html). You're good.
trixter

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:17:13 AM

The block is copper, the chip is a semiconductor with epoxy around it (see http://www.empf.org/empfasis/2007/June07/flip.html). You're good.

All good waterblocks/coldplates will be copper, at least the part that touches the chip and what the water channels are cut into.  Copper transfers heat to the fluid better than aluminum, however radiators and mere heatsinks are aluminum because that helps to draw the heat out better. 

If you have an aluminum waterblock you have a really cheap one not to mention aftermarket because stock is copper.  Aluminum heatsinks are popular though which is probably why they mentioned aluminum.
tobewobie

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:16:56 PM

All good waterblocks/coldplates will be copper, at least the part that touches the chip and what the water channels are cut into.  Copper transfers heat to the fluid better than aluminum, however radiators and mere heatsinks are aluminum because that helps to draw the heat out better. 

If you have an aluminum waterblock you have a really cheap one not to mention aftermarket because stock is copper.  Aluminum heatsinks are popular though which is probably why they mentioned aluminum.

Aight that's nice, thanks guys i learned something. Fingers crossed i get the job done okay !

thanks again .
jbkminer

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:30:17 AM

For anyone who needs new PSU's for their cointerra rig.
I have two brand new powerone 80 plus platnium PSU's received directly from Cointerra.
Im selling them for 180 each or 320 for both.
I accept bitcoins or paypal
message me or reply if interested
wls

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

If you have a Cointerra machine and you feel they haven't lived up to their promised service or performance, here's another link you can try to get some resolution.  You won't have to pay for it either:

http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/Business-Reviews/virtual-currency/cointerra-inc-in-austin-tx-1000104440/

I have also filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/consumer/complain.shtml

Even-though the Attorney General can not seek restitution for you, I still felt that their unfair business practices needs to be brought to there attention!

I have purchased 3 units from CoinTerra and all 3 had to go through their lengthy RMA process. CoinTerra would only repair one at a time and the repairs have only lasted a month. Now all my miners are out of warranty and are running too hot again. I contacted CoinTerra and once they found the units to be out of warranty I receive no reply to my requests. Only confirms my suspicions that you would only get one repair out of them if you where lucky.

Even though there maybe some compensation from the Class Action Law Suit coming out of California it will only be related to the companies inability to hit the 2Th's mark and the excessive power consumption in conjunction with not being able too deliver the units in a timely fashion.

Their is nothing filed in the Courts to address the major losses of revenue due to CoinTerra's  lengthy RMA process. Which I found to be on a average of having a 6 weeks turn around until the unit is back in service and functioning normally. Nor for the time frame of the units operating even below the 1.6 Th's level till the RMA was recognized and CoinTerra took action to receive the units back.

As we all know time vs hashing power vs difficulty = major losses in revenue.

So, will CoinTerras consumers ever get what they are entitled to???
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #7L0w4Gk6YGLaF4m6
davedj79

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:09:53 PM

Hi all, been spending some time reading through this thread trying to see if anyone has a similar issue, and whilst I think people do, there doesn't seem to be a fix.

It all started with the top PSU showing an orange light on the right and green on the left, unit not mining at all.  When you turned on just the top one the fans weren't starting on the unit. 

The customer service at Cointerra is shocking (and rude), the issue was reported mere days after the 3 month warranty period, I'm in the UK so I'm sure it will cost more than the $350 non refundable fee to get it there (they won't even allow me to ship and return - they make a FORTUNE on their shipping rates I can tell you shipping myself on a corporate UPS account).  The breaking point was even if you do that, a 7 day warranty period on the repair; really?!  So I'm voting with my feet, I won't be buying anything else from them again and being an advisor to many BTC onboarders I'll ensure they don't get anymore new custom, in my mind they're not far off Butterfly labs now.  All that said, decided to self diagnose and try to fix.

The problem...

1) When opened main board had no lights (the night rider orange ones on the board).  Not even at startup and no fans.
2) Switched PSU's and ruled out that problem as the good PSU then became the bad.
3) Checked all connectors
4) Tried removing the black and white cables from the faulty board - nothing.
5) Swapped out the 2 boards checking all connections along the way.  No leaks found, no bad connections.
6) After swapping boards around we've worked out a board is at fault and as it was the primary board there was no mining.  Now the machine is mining on one board so that is an improvement.  Interestingly both PSU's need to be on or the unit won't stay online.  If you don't power up or power down the 2nd it goes offline (can't access over LAN etc)
7) Now the original problem of the orange light on the PSU is on the bottom one.
Cool No lights on the faulty board at all, not even on startup.
9) Looking at the nightrider lights on the working board D42 and D45 don't light in sequence (on startup D42 does but not D45) so I assume this is why it's hashing at around 700. 
10) Only CTA0 displays on the admin screens (before we started I couldn't get to this menu as the faulty board was the main one).  On the front of the machine it blinks on Miner 2 as mining.
11) We've not amended or touched the coolant system yet, there appear to be no leaks.
12) We've tried resetting the boards, we've tried resetting the system etc.  Firmware is 0.7.6, I tried to install 0.6.32 but it loads but doesn't downgrade.

So.. a board seemingly without power, PSU's seemingly fine, cooling seemingly fine, everything follows the board.  Have meticulously checked the board and can't see anything obvious.  Any ideas?

Would really appreciate any advice, thanks all.

David
derel1cte

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:22:13 PM

Hi all, been spending some time reading through this thread trying to see if anyone has a similar issue, and whilst I think people do, there doesn't seem to be a fix.

It all started with the top PSU showing an orange light on the right and green on the left, unit not mining at all.  When you turned on just the top one the fans weren't starting on the unit. 

The customer service at Cointerra is shocking (and rude), the issue was reported mere days after the 3 month warranty period, I'm in the UK so I'm sure it will cost more than the $350 non refundable fee to get it there (they won't even allow me to ship and return - they make a FORTUNE on their shipping rates I can tell you shipping myself on a corporate UPS account).  The breaking point was even if you do that, a 7 day warranty period on the repair; really?!  So I'm voting with my feet, I won't be buying anything else from them again and being an advisor to many BTC onboarders I'll ensure they don't get anymore new custom, in my mind they're not far off Butterfly labs now.  All that said, decided to self diagnose and try to fix.

The problem...

1) When opened main board had no lights (the night rider orange ones on the board).  Not even at startup and no fans.
2) Switched PSU's and ruled out that problem as the good PSU then became the bad.
3) Checked all connectors
4) Tried removing the black and white cables from the faulty board - nothing.
5) Swapped out the 2 boards checking all connections along the way.  No leaks found, no bad connections.
6) After swapping boards around we've worked out a board is at fault and as it was the primary board there was no mining.  Now the machine is mining on one board so that is an improvement.  Interestingly both PSU's need to be on or the unit won't stay online.  If you don't power up or power down the 2nd it goes offline (can't access over LAN etc)
7) Now the original problem of the orange light on the PSU is on the bottom one.
Cool No lights on the faulty board at all, not even on startup.
9) Looking at the nightrider lights on the working board D42 and D45 don't light in sequence (on startup D42 does but not D45) so I assume this is why it's hashing at around 700. 
10) Only CTA0 displays on the admin screens (before we started I couldn't get to this menu as the faulty board was the main one).  On the front of the machine it blinks on Miner 2 as mining.
11) We've not amended or touched the coolant system yet, there appear to be no leaks.
12) We've tried resetting the boards, we've tried resetting the system etc.  Firmware is 0.7.6, I tried to install 0.6.32 but it loads but doesn't downgrade.

So.. a board seemingly without power, PSU's seemingly fine, cooling seemingly fine, everything follows the board.  Have meticulously checked the board and can't see anything obvious.  Any ideas?

David

I had a similar issue with my TerraMiner. One of the boards shorted out, resulting in an orange light on the PSU. I could not find a fix for the failed board, so i removed it, its cooling, psu and psu breakout board. To point 6, You CAN run the system with just 1 psu in, you just need to make sure that the small beaglebone power connector is attached to the single remaining power supply. In one of my previous posts in this thread i outline the reapplication of diamond thermal paste, this is a good step to take on your remaining board to get your miner running stable at 1/2 speed. Sorry about your dead board Sad
trixter

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:32:06 AM

Even though there maybe some compensation from the Class Action Law Suit coming out of California it will only be related to the companies inability to hit the 2Th's mark and the excessive power consumption in conjunction with not being able too deliver the units in a timely fashion.

There is not yet a class formed.  For one thing the purchase agreement includes wording that it must first go to binding arbitration, and they are in that process.  I am in the queue with the same law firm should that result in something positive.  If however arbitration totally breaks down then they can go to the courts and request the court for a class to be formed.  It will probably be a year or more before anything comes out of that, if it actually happens.

If they are successful in arbitration with the first client then they can cookie cutter deals based on that for the rest that they represent.  However I am still waiting for a refund from my Jan order and was told on July 8 that it would be processed on July 30.  On August 8 I was told that it was not yet processed.  Today I was told that there is no ETA but they assured me they are working as fast as they can citing how overwhelmed they are with refund requests.  And to think I still have multiple units that didnt hit the 2TH/s mark :/

The only thing I can think of is they used refund money from customers to build their cloud mining operation, so the store on broad street manhattan could have the miners in stock, etc.  They expected sales to explode and they didnt.  They expected profits to soar and it was more costly to have the units made and delivered.  They now do not have the cash to refund people and are struggling on that front hoping to mine their way out with gear they cant sell.  I could be wrong, but that is the feeling I get.  That insolvency is just around the corner. 
trixter

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:49:23 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 08:18:01 AM by trixter

David

Their warranty  suggests that they know their devices will fail.

One LED is "AC ok" the other is "DC ok" and they both have fault signalling.  Perhaps the data sheet will help http://www.power-one.com/sites/power-one.com/files/documents/power/datasheet/bcd.00012_ai_pfe1100-12-054xa.pdf

There is a fuse internal to the PSU (per power-one data sheets) that is listed as non-user serviceable (because it is not externally exposed and they do not like mere mortals opening power supplies).  That may have blown.  To get at it pull the faulty PSU and take it to your workbench.  Using a tiny flat bladed screwdriver (I used a thumbtack) gently pry the 3 tabs on each side so the top cover will come off.  There is a single torx (smaller than a T10 I dont know its size and never removed it) screw you must also remove.  You should then be able to identify and access the fuse (take pics if you do this!!  identification of this fuse and its type and all would be great info for this thread).

I do not know if the fuse is soldered in or in some type of socket so you can easily replace it.  I do not know what type of fuse it is either only that it exists.

The problem could be the connector board but I would think that less likely.  These are sold separately and are a standard part.  I do not know if maplin carries it but they might be able to get it, I also do not know of any other stores like that over there because that is the only one I went to while living in that part of the world.  In the US Mouser and Digikey carry it and they do international shipping.  I believe cointerrible uses part number SNP-OP-BOARD-01.

Hope this helps ... :/

EDIT:

I missed this the first time.  When you swapped the PSUs the problem remained in the top or bottom slot?  It did not follow the PSU? 

That would indicate that it might be the connector board and that everything I said above is probably wrong.  Unfortunately its a $170 USD part to just try and see if it is the problem.  Sad

If possible I would try and see if you see anything on the board that looks damaged.  This is the board that the PSUs plug into that is inside the power "nook" on the right side of the miner as you face the front.  If you see fried parts and cannot replace them yourself (most people cant do SMD work) you will likely have to get a new connector board.

If you dont see such a part then perhaps you need to hunt down the CD to talk to the board and get a USB cable.  The software from power-one is windows based and lets you monitor the board and get some stats off it and other stuff.  That may help you figure out what is wrong, whether its a dead CTA board or dead psu board.

But then you said this

That leads me to believe that its not power related at all although the LED on the PSU indicates a AC or DC fault somewhere ...

On the front of the machine it blinks on Miner 2 as mining.
miner 1 and miner 2 leds at the front are hardwired to the CTA board.  If you look at the front edge of the board there is a connector on each  that are literally just wired to that LED.

It seems that way,  the system loads the firmware, starts up and then installs the firmware while its mining.  You gotta give it a minute or two more and it will restart again and run the downgraded version.  I have gone both up and down on mine playing with which is best and it took me a while to figure out that is what it was doing. 

Grayson5

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:02:40 AM

Both of my CTA's are running extremely hot, 85 - 115 C and I am experiencing terrible hash rate.  Low of 200G to a high of 1.2T.

So, it seems like some thermal paste may help address the issue.

The question I have is which type is better.....

- Liquid Pro

OR

- IC Diamond

Seems like some folks have had issues with Liquid Pro due to the conductive nature of it - but there seems to be several documented positive results.

What about IC Diamond?

Should I try IC Diamond first to be safe?

Suggestions.....
marvinmartian

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:53:20 AM

Both of my CTA's are running extremely hot, 85 - 115 C and I am experiencing terrible hash rate.  Low of 200G to a high of 1.2T.

So, it seems like some thermal paste may help address the issue.

The question I have is which type is better.....

- Liquid Pro

OR

- IC Diamond

Seems like some folks have had issues with Liquid Pro due to the conductive nature of it - but there seems to be several documented positive results.

What about IC Diamond?

Should I try IC Diamond first to be safe?

Suggestions.....

Having applied various types of thermal interface material to my chips, I have to say that it really boils more down to technique.  By that I mean that if you "do it right" you should be fine with ICD or even AS5.

Make sure you clean off the old TIM very well.  Also make yourself some guide pins to keep the cooling block in place as you screw it back on.  I suggest 2" sharpened wood dowels (or chopsticks).  Don't use too much TIM either.  Definitely don't use any on the outer square metal "ring" that surrounds the 4 chips.

Last but not least, be gentle when re-torquing your hold down screws.  I'm not 100% sure they even need to be screwed back in all the way.  Just get them good and snug and tighten opposite screws at a time.

"... and the geeks shall inherit the earth."
marvinmartian

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:57:24 AM

The only thing I can think of is they used refund money from customers to build their cloud mining operation, so the store on broad street manhattan could have the miners in stock, etc.  They expected sales to explode and they didnt.  They expected profits to soar and it was more costly to have the units made and delivered.  They now do not have the cash to refund people and are struggling on that front hoping to mine their way out with gear they cant sell.  I could be wrong, but that is the feeling I get.  That insolvency is just around the corner. 

Yup, that's my take on it too.  Not sure about insolvency though.  I think they were able to keep many, many machines to use in their mining op.  In fact, I can't help but feel the recent spike in hash rate might be their latest round of machines at the new data center they teamed up with.

"... and the geeks shall inherit the earth."
wls

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:00:34 AM

There is not yet a class formed.  For one thing the purchase agreement includes wording that it must first go to binding arbitration, and they are in that process.  I am in the queue with the same law firm should that result in something positive.  If however arbitration totally breaks down then they can go to the courts and request the court for a class to be formed.  It will probably be a year or more before anything comes out of that, if it actually happens.

I contacted Cline's attorney and maybe I miss understood the reply, but it is as follows:

Thank you for contacting us.  We are going to have a mediation with CoinTerra in September, where we will discuss possible settlement of the class action.  Once we hold the settlement, we will have a better idea of what the next steps will be for the class action and for individuals affected by CoinTerra's practices.  I can provide you with more information at that time.

Sorry to hear that as of to date, you still did not receive your refund!
I agree that CoinTerra probably miss appropriated funds that should have went directly back to their customers.

Yup, that's my take on it too.  Not sure about insolvency though.  I think they were able to keep many, many machines to use in their mining op.  In fact, I can't help but feel the recent spike in hash rate might be their latest round of machines at the new data center they teamed up with.

My thoughts are that there cloud mining operation is what the June Batch went for. The units that actually hit the 2Th's mark with a reduction in power consumption. I believe that those units and the Spondooliestech's, Yukon SP-30's that has been released is what produced the spike in the network. 

With only more units to follow.

I was considering on buying some of the Spondooliestech's Yukon SP-30's, but now they have changed the specs. from Hashing 6Th's to 4.5 Th's and raised the power consumption rate. After more investigation into this product I have found that running them on two 120-V circuits will produce a Hash Rate of less than 4Th's.

Just another CoinTerra and BFL operation with only one exception. They are not a US based company, with possibly no recourse.

These companies are just as bad as the Day Traders driving the price of the coin down with their FUD!
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #nvFIGkW2HHMYy2c7
davedj79

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:36:46 PM

Thanks for the extra info, certainly points to the board having an issue.

Due to having other equipment and a lack of space and time, I'm considering selling now.

If anyone is interested in purchasing my Cointerra, hashing on 1 board very happily and I guess potentially fixable, please drop me a PM.  I'm open to offers.  Maybe if you have the same issue you can make 1 good machine and have a lot of spares, or have a much cooler 1/2 power box...
trixter

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:50:44 PM

I contacted Cline's attorney and maybe I miss understood the reply, but it is as follows:

Thank you for contacting us.  We are going to have a mediation with CoinTerra in September, where we will discuss possible settlement of the class action.  Once we hold the settlement, we will have a better idea of what the next steps will be for the class action and for individuals affected by CoinTerra's practices.  I can provide you with more information at that time.

Apparently I got sidelined Sad  I had contacted them before they were in mediation, had a phone call, etc.  I did not get such an update and at the time they told me there was no class formed which implicitly means there can be no class action.  Apparently they are trying to expand it a bit because mediation at that time was with their 1 singular client.

Its good for the law firm as class action settlements negotiate the lawyers fee totally separate from anything else and usually that means the lawyers get a windfall.  I just hope that it does not mean I am stuck with cointerrible vouchers when its all said and done because I really do not want to deal with them in the future (or the terribleminer hardware).

These companies are just as bad as the Day Traders driving the price of the coin down with their FUD!

And now that there are futures and other non-direct investment things out there en masse the volatility will be worse, although if you catch it at the right time there can be considerable profit to be had albeit at great risk.  For people like myself who for 2+ years have relied solely on bitcoins as my source of income that complicates things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: