Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:58:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Hardware Support **Unofficial  (Read 56743 times)
scriber

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:45:47 PM

Looking good. What are your ambient temps?

Also, what were your temps prior to the mod?

Ambient temps were around 76°F or so.

Temps prior to Liquid Pro were 80°-105°C on power step 7.

Wow, that is very impressive. I didn't anytime to try it out today- I will def be doing this this week. Thanks for the update and info!

what ever you do dont rush this and take your time. I noticed that one of units had so much thermal grease put on from Cointerra, I mean globs of it caked on that when I went to lift the cooling block strings of it hung down and one small string of it fell onto a part of the chips. I cleaned it up but after reassembling my unit CTA0 would not boot up. It had power via the volt meter and the fans where on but no mining. I had to take it apart again pull the board out and get tons of q-tip's and 99% alcohol and clean the heck out of the problem area and surrounding areas. This worked. The unit powered on both miners online. Def a lesson learned
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
montyfd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:48:52 PM

Do you get a better hashrate now with the system running cooler?
montyfd

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:27:49 PM

I am running at step 9, but only getting 1.5 TH with one core running 20 deg hotter than the others.
Not sure if ist worth a try or wasting time
montyfd

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:37:23 PM

Just ordered the liquid pro, will give it a try. The videos on YouTube dont look too difficult.
Not sure if i only put it on the chip or on the cooler side also?
scriber

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:55:15 PM

No I did not get a better hash rate. The terraminers are designed to run at 1.6Ths regardless of temp until a core hits 120c then it reboots. I also noticed my miners would have one or two cores that where significantly hotter then the rest. I opened my last 3rd machine to cool it and noticed that many of the screws that hold down the cooling block where not even screwed in or they where barley screwed in leaving the cooling block lifted up and not having good contact to the core. Another fail by cointerra. Only apply the LiquidPro to the cores, not the cooling block. Just like the photos I posted.

FYI, my third machine when put back and turned on failed to boot up CTA1. Ive cleaned the board twice but still no mining. It has power but does not boot up and coming online so currently only CTA0 is mining. I will most likely pull this board again and give it a full bath in a last desperate attempt. I was so critical in doing this last cooling job just because of my previous experiences and still I fucked up with no idea how.

If you decide to open clean and cool with LiquidPro its a huge risk but if you can pull it off its well worth it
scriber

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:06:29 PM

I am running at step 9, but only getting 1.5 TH with one core running 20 deg hotter than the others.
Not sure if ist worth a try or wasting time

After some hours or days of the miner running you should be at 1.6th. Its normal to have peaks and drops though. One of my cores that was overheating at 120c would still be hashing fully. I would suggest not opening your machine unless it is overheating. If you notice overtime the temps getting hotter and hotter and hotter then most likely its on its way to overheating. Let the miner run as long as possible until it nears or hits 120c and you have no other option but to open it.
papo83

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:58:07 AM

No I did not get a better hash rate. The terraminers are designed to run at 1.6Ths regardless of temp until a core hits 120c then it reboots. I also noticed my miners would have one or two cores that where significantly hotter then the rest. I opened my last 3rd machine to cool it and noticed that many of the screws that hold down the cooling block where not even screwed in or they where barley screwed in leaving the cooling block lifted up and not having good contact to the core. Another fail by cointerra. Only apply the LiquidPro to the cores, not the cooling block. Just like the photos I posted.

FYI, my third machine when put back and turned on failed to boot up CTA1. Ive cleaned the board twice but still no mining. It has power but does not boot up and coming online so currently only CTA0 is mining. I will most likely pull this board again and give it a full bath in a last desperate attempt. I was so critical in doing this last cooling job just because of my previous experiences and still I fucked up with no idea how.

If you decide to open clean and cool with LiquidPro its a huge risk but if you can pull it off its well worth it

Hey Scriber how would you go about giving a "full bath" to the board? do you wash it with alcohol or something else? I'm asking because i'm in the same boat as you, I reapplied the thermal compound and now one board does not want to work. CTA0 is working but CTA1 powers up but does not do anything. I've looked at the board all over and don't see anything wrong with the board so i'm willing to trying just about anything to get it working again.
scriber

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:16:19 AM

Hey Scriber how would you go about giving a "full bath" to the board? do you wash it with alcohol or something else? I'm asking because i'm in the same boat as you, I reapplied the thermal compound and now one board does not want to work. CTA0 is working but CTA1 powers up but does not do anything. I've looked at the board all over and don't see anything wrong with the board so i'm willing to trying just about anything to get it working again.

I have a friend who knows electronics and from what he says yes 99% Isopropyl soaking maybe 10 or 20 min. I even suggested light brushing components with a soft tooth brush. Hes going to help me in a couple days and I will let you know how it turns out. Bummer to hear you have the same problem. I feel like something is up with these units once you open them. I wanted to buy 3 more which I know I will have to cool all of them with liquid pro but after these experiences I dont know what to do. If you bath it in 99% let me know how it works
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:26:21 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 11:19:26 PM by Scrappy Do

So glad I found you guys. Hopefully I can provide some help, and possibly get some. First off let me say I think it is great users are doing all they can to make stuff work that should work anyways. I did just hit my ROI on my feb batch unit except for the electric as I have not figured it yet but my rates are really low (.08). With that said, one of my units is only halfway working. I do not believe it has been hacked so that fix will likely end up useless. Reason I say that, with the case open the front d37-d45 leds strobe from right to left when working properly. One side is fine and hashing as expected. The other strobes the same but as soon as the light hits D43, I hear a tick, all lights come on, and it restarts the pattern faster than the one that is working. Has anyone figured out what the lights actually are? I assume that is the 8 chips on that side of the board. If this indeed the case I know the actual chip that is causing the issue. Mind you, this guy does that pattern the second it starts (powers on), so the damaged chip (I am assuming here) is not getting hot as it never even tried to start.

With that said, please tell me if I am on the right track with my thinking, and is there anything I can do? I assume the chip is perma mounted to the board so I cannot simply unplug it and get the other working.

Also, I noticed there is a jumper in the back and one has it on, and the other does not. Just guessing again, but the one with the jumper off is CTA0 and the one with it on is CTA1. What would happen if I put the jumper on the other board?

Just looking for help and I really appreciate the help from this thread. I already ordered the Liquid Pro and will be doing this mod.
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:32:41 PM

I have a friend who knows electronics and from what he says yes 99% Isopropyl soaking maybe 10 or 20 min. I even suggested light brushing components with a soft tooth brush. Hes going to help me in a couple days and I will let you know how it turns out. Bummer to hear you have the same problem. I feel like something is up with these units once you open them. I wanted to buy 3 more which I know I will have to cool all of them with liquid pro but after these experiences I dont know what to do. If you bath it in 99% let me know how it works

Hey scriber.. I have a few ideas man. If your going to give it a dip might I suggest what I use for phones and ipads, etc.. My mother works for a jet manufacturer and she supplies me with 99.99% alcohol. I know it may seem like a minor difference, but it isn't. You can order it and I have never seen it local, but it makes a difference. I have soaked 2 different ipods in 99, and never worked, once she brought me the 99.99 to test, it actually made them work. Also, make sure soon as your done, let it hit the sun directely. It is almost like if you dry it that fast, it seals it. I cannot explain it, but I have seen it.

Also. You may not even need to do a dip. It is possible a extremely small piece of Liquid Pro got away from you and alcohol will not help with that. I suggest taking a air compressor first and hitting the shit out of it as high pressure air will make it run off. Test that, then the bath if no go.

I made a post after yours if you have any advice it would be appreciated. Sadly, I think I am going to have to tear it down and do more research.

Good luck guys!
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:47:44 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 11:16:17 PM by Scrappy Do

Ok, So I just swapped the wires on the beaglebone from one board to another and the system started fine. The left board (looking from the front) still has the same issues and error When the led's run from right to left, instead of a continued running pattern it hits D43 makes a ticking sound, and then all led's come on and it restarts the pattern.
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:00:13 AM

Do you exhibit the same error codes on the led's as I do? I am asking so we can solve this. I don't believe half the unit is fried, I am starting to suspect a bad pump.
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:17:37 AM

Do you exhibit the same error codes on the led's as I do? I am asking so we can solve this. I don't believe half the unit is fried, I am starting to suspect a bad pump.

Swapped power supplies and unit still worked so that is not the issue. Next problem though, there is a push button near the jumper pins in the back of the board. If you press it, the leds, and sounds will make different noises and error messages. Has anyone played with these? and what does it actually do? What is it changing on the bios of the strike boards?

Folks I am trying to help solve issues, but for the past 4 hours I am merely talking to myself aloud. Lets go to work and solve this shittery piece of machinery. Smiley
scriber

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:39:44 AM

Swapped power supplies and unit still worked so that is not the issue. Next problem though, there is a push button near the jumper pins in the back of the board. If you press it, the leds, and sounds will make different noises and error messages. Has anyone played with these? and what does it actually do? What is it changing on the bios of the strike boards?

Folks I am trying to help solve issues, but for the past 4 hours I am merely talking to myself aloud. Lets go to work and solve this shittery piece of machinery. Smiley

Thanks for the suggestion to use the 99.99% I will try to get my hands on some of this. Before that I will try the air compressor idea also. Regarding your problem I have never experienced the LED issue. My dead board never lights up at all thats how I can tell its not functioning. I wish I could be of more help to you.
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:54:13 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 04:35:04 AM by ckolivas

Thanks for the suggestion to use the 99.99% I will try to get my hands on some of this. Before that I will try the air compressor idea also. Regarding your problem I have never experienced the LED issue. My dead board never lights up at all thats how I can tell its not functioning. I wish I could be of more help to you.

Thats what makes me think you have an arrant run off from the Liquid Pro. Grounding out. May be wrong, and its possible you had one and fried it. May be possible you were shipped a POS like me.

They actually responded very late today, and guess what I got... Answer 101, copy and paste. Here is the entire email...

Richard.. you should have already sent this to an advanced tech if you care anything about the small customer, but yes I will do so. Why did I not get a call back, and the standard cut and paste response? I have read numerous posts on the bitcointalk forums. This is your traditional cut and paste response. Furthermore, I do not know why you would ask for this as the secondary board is obviously not working. These stats from the working one will tell you nothing. I spoke of the issue months ago, and you simply closed the case a few days ago. Please, I implore you to respond with sincere advice, or real technical help.
Code:
Summary
STATUS

STATUS S

When 1403143952

Code 11

Msg Summary

Description cgminer 4.1.0
SUMMARY

0 SUMMARY

Elapsed 2294

MHS av 726006.84

MHS 5s 752811.64

Found Blocks 0

Getworks 81

Accepted 878

Rejected 2

Hardware Errors 50

Utility 22.97

Discarded 1563

Stale 0

Get Failures 0

Local Work 11545

Remote Failures 0

Network Blocks 3

Total MH 1665210360.2667

Work Utility 10143.04

Difficulty Accepted 398329.92187500

Difficulty Rejected 1023.98437500

Difficulty Stale 0.00000000

Best Share 635020

Device Hardware% 0.0129

Device Rejected% 0.2641

Pool Rejected% 0.2564

Pool Stale% 0.0000

Last getwork 1403143952
[-]
  Devices
STATUS

STATUS S

When 1403143952

Code 9

Msg 1 ASC(s)

ASC0

ASC 0

Name CTA

ID 0

Enabled Y

Status Alive

Temperature 82.05

MHS av 725724.15

MHS 5s 742092.30

Accepted 776

Rejected 2

Hardware Errors 49

Utility 21.90

Last Share Pool 0

Last Share Time 1403143951

Total MH 1542614813.7697

Diff1 Work 359200

Difficulty Accepted 372986.30859375

Last Share Difficulty 511.99218750

No Device false

Last Valid Work 1403143952

Device Hardware% 0.0136

Device Rejected% 0.2851

Device Elapsed 2126
[-]
  Pools
STATUS

STATUS S

When 1403143952

Code 7

Msg 1 Pool(s)

POOL0

POOL 0

URL stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334

Status Alive

Priority 0

Quota 1

Long Poll N

Getworks 81

Accepted 878

Rejected 2

Works 9980

Discarded 1563

Stale 0

Get Failures 0

Remote Failures 0

User XXXX

Last Share Time 1403143951

Diff1 Shares 387744

Proxy Type

Proxy

Difficulty Accepted 398329.92187500

Difficulty Stale 0.00000000

Last Share Difficulty 511.99218750

Has Stratum true

Stratum Active true

Stratum URL stratum.mining.eligius.st

Has GBT false

Best Share 635020

Pool Rejected% 0.2564

Pool Stale% 0.0000
[-]
  Stats
STATUS

STATUS S

When 1403143952

Code 70

Msg CGMiner stats

STATS0

STATS 0

ID CTA0

Elapsed 2294

Calls 0

Wait 0.000000

Max 0.000000

Min 99999999.000000

HW Revision 4

Serial 20062762

Asics 2

Dies 8

Cores 960

Board number 0

FW Revision 0.4.5

FW Date 2014-03-14

Init diffbits 32

Min diffbits 0

Max diffbits 63

CoreTemp0 7034

CoreTemp1 6990

CoreTemp2 4475

CoreTemp3 6971

CoreTemp4 6660

CoreTemp5 7954

CoreTemp6 7258

CoreTemp7 8203

Ambient Low 5150

Ambient Avg 5787

Ambient High 6075

PumpRPM0 2991

PumpRPM1 2937

FanRPM0 0

FanRPM1 4094

FanRPM2 4032

FanRPM3 0

CoreFreqs0 850

CoreFreqs1 850

CoreFreqs2 0

CoreFreqs3 850

CoreFreqs4 850

CoreFreqs5 850

CoreFreqs6 850

CoreFreqs7 850

CoreVolts0 655

CoreVolts1 640

CoreVolts2 2

CoreVolts3 640

CoreVolts4 662

CoreVolts5 646

CoreVolts6 646

CoreVolts7 644

Volts3.3 3234

Volts12 12038

Inactive 30

Active 63

CorePerfMode0 122

CorePerfMode1 127

CorePerfMode2 118

CorePerfMode3 127

CorePerfMode4 122

CorePerfMode5 122

CorePerfMode6 122

CorePerfMode7 127

FanSpeed0 255

FanSpeed1 255

FanSpeed2 255

FanSpeed3 255

DiesActive 8

PipesEnabled0 120

PipesEnabled1 120

PipesEnabled2 120

PipesEnabled3 120

PipesEnabled4 120

PipesEnabled5 120

PipesEnabled6 120

PipesEnabled7 120

Underruns 16595

HWErrors0 300

HWErrors1 200

HWErrors2 1774

HWErrors3 200

HWErrors4 1

HWErrors5 1

HWErrors6 200

HWErrors7 200

Calc hashrate 732309094457

Hashrate 767728154093

Share hashrate 725717885175

Total calc hashes 1556625350490348

Total hashes 1631913513012261

Total raw hashes 1753736998921853

Total share hashes 1542614813769728

Total flushed hashes 442381619128

Accepted hashes 1601963997265920

Accepted hashrate 753638506415

Rejected hashes 4397979402240

Rejected hashrate 2069014430

Core0 hashrate 133436605105

Core1 hashrate 76249488631

Core2 hashrate 0

Core3 hashrate 88957736736

Core4 hashrate 127082481052

Core5 hashrate 127082481052

Core6 hashrate 101665984842

Core7 hashrate 114374232947

Uptime 2417010

Asic0Core0 120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

Asic0Core1 120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

Asic0Core2 120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

Asic0Core3 120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

Asic1Core0 120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

Asic1Core1 120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

Asic1Core2 120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

Asic1Core3 120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

AV 0

Power Supply Percent 100

Power Used 0

IOUT 0

VOUT 0

IIN 0

VIN 0

PSTemp1 0

PSTemp2 0

USB Pipe 0

USB Delay r0 0.000000 w0 0.000000

USB tmo 48384 0
STATS1

STATS 1

ID POOL0

Elapsed 2294

Calls 0

Wait 0.000000

Max 0.000000

Min 99999999.000000

Pool Calls 0

Pool Attempts 0

Pool Wait 0.000000

Pool Max 0.000000

Pool Min 99999999.000000

Pool Av 0.000000

Work Had Roll Time false

Work Can Roll false

Work Had Expire false

Work Roll Time 0

Work Diff 255.99609375

Min Diff 127.99804688

Max Diff 1023.98437500

Min Diff Count 279

Max Diff Count 557

Times Sent 884

Bytes Sent 127801

Times Recv 975

Bytes Recv 382861

Net Bytes Sent 127801

Net Bytes Recv 382861

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: [CoinTerra] Re: Technical Support
    Date: Wed, June 18, 2014 1:27 pm
    To: XXXX

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Your request XXXX has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
    Richard (CoinTerra)
    Jun 18 15:27
    Hello  XXX
    Can you please go to the ADVANCED tab on the Control Panel, expand the four sections (+ icon) and either save as a .pdf from your browser (preferred) and attach to your reply, or copy and paste all the stats into a reply to this email, and we will work with you to diagnose the issue ASAP.
    I will assign your case to our Technical Support staff. They will review your statistics and reply with the best course of action. This may take some time as there is a queue of issues for them to deal with.
    Thank you and feel free to contact us with any other questions,
    Richard
    CoinTerra Support
    XXXXXXXX
    Jun 18 08:13
    I have the latest firmware, I have reset the machine 20+ times. Did a hard reset and put all the config's back in and only CTA0 is working. Half the machine will not start. I have tried rolling back firmware as well to the other versions and nothing works. Both PSU's appear to be working. What else can I do?
    --
    This e-mail was sent from the info contact form on (https://cointerra.com)
    This email is a service from CoinTerra. Delivered by Zendesk.

scriber

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:28:22 AM

Ive given up on tech support, they send the same canned response to everyone and never get back to them. The machines where all mining when they arrived so I know they worked. And the board is getting voltage so its not totally fucked. Im leaning towards the idea I may have got liquid pro somewhere but I really dont think I fried or shorted out anything. If I got one board working I surely can get this one. If there thermal grease got on the board before from my mistake and caused it to stop functioning then I cleaned it and got it working I should be able to do the same with this non-functioning board. I noticed Frys has 99.9% Isopropyl so if the air compressor doesnt work ill go get some of that. To bad I didnt live in Texas and I could walk into Cointerra with my board and plead my case in person. Unless the place is a fortress impossible to enter like a prison.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:37:01 AM

So you only applied it to the dies? Interesting. What temps you getting with it now? When I applied it I put it on both the die and the water block (just enough to cover where the chips make contact). Figured if it wasn't applied to the water block also it wouldn't flow right.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:40:07 AM

Wish I could help but I'm not sure what is causing your issue.
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:51:37 PM

I really am curious about the push button towards the back of the boards. My error sounds and lights change when I push it.
scriber

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:37:14 AM

I just used the air compressor which did not solve the problem. I poured a little bit of 99.9% on the board and blew it off with the air compressor that did not solve the problem. The board is now in a tray soaking in the 99.9% for 10 minutes. I will let you know how this goes shortly. If that doesnt work I am going to ship the board back to Cointerra and plead my case. At this point a dead board serves no purpose
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: