Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Hardware Support **Unofficial  (Read 56743 times)
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:44:53 PM

I got a reply from Cointerra and they have been emailing me trying to help. They first replied with I could not send the board or unit in for repair because I opened the unit and voided the warranty. They attached a pdf for trying to fix my problem with instructions that said to shutdown the unit, remove the cable from J11 on the offline board and then power the unit up. If the LEDs start the unit is all good. Leave the cable off and im done. I did this and the LEDs lit up then they immediately turned off in sequence and only D44 and D45(red) LED's stay lit. Cointerra asked me if the ground cable was connected. Yes it is. Cointerra says he has note seen many units with this d44,d45 led issue and is trying to figure out what is causing it. I have not heard anything else.

UPDATE: Just tried this process a few more times again and noticed only D45(red) stays lit solid

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. Problem is I have no j11 plug on either board. Where does your j11 cord go? What does it connect to? I am solid red 45 as well now. But get this, an hour ago I reset the machine, and half the board was working! I power stepped it 5-10 times, all was well but only half the board. I then shut the power down in an attempt to get the other half working and bam. Back to dead board. I will say this though, it seems I can only get the board working with 6.48. I have not seen it at all in 6.32 or 7.6 in over a week.

Please post more info or copy the pdf scriber.. we are getting there, I know we are!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:47:29 PM

I got a reply from Cointerra and they have been emailing me trying to help. They first replied with I could not send the board or unit in for repair because I opened the unit and voided the warranty. They attached a pdf for trying to fix my problem with instructions that said to shutdown the unit, remove the cable from J11 on the offline board and then power the unit up. If the LEDs start the unit is all good. Leave the cable off and im done. I did this and the LEDs lit up then they immediately turned off in sequence and only D44 and D45(red) LED's stay lit. Cointerra asked me if the ground cable was connected. Yes it is. Cointerra says he has note seen many units with this d44,d45 led issue and is trying to figure out what is causing it. I have not heard anything else.

UPDATE: Just tried this process a few more times again and noticed only D45(red) stays lit solid

BTW, are you hearing the beep tones now scriber? or the throttling of the dead boards fans?
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:51:49 PM

One more thing, have you played with the push button towards the back of the boards. I can tell you this, even if you are led45 dead, push it once and it changes the error codes. I am starting to believe it has to do with the check sequence of the board.
scriber

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:53:12 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 01:04:22 AM by scriber

J11 is on both boards. It is the 3pin black and white wire that plugs in directly behind the intake fans. This J11 wire runs into a small board next to the power supplies; a board located in the side compartment with the power supplies. One of my J11 plugs had the black rubber crap over it to hold the plug in so yours might be covered but its there. Here is the PDF they sent me. I have not tried pressing the reset button and I dont hear any clicking. I have been keeping this board powered off since its not working. Not need to have power running to it. I do have two other units running also below this one. I noticed there is a reset button on the outside front center top of the case and each internal board also has a button but I dont know what this one does. As far as one board having a jumper and one not I think this is just to signify and master and slave board
https://i.imgur.com/5rb2Jen.png
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:13:37 AM

J11 is on both boards. It is the 3pin black and white wire that plugs in directly behind the intake fans. This J11 wire runs into a small board next to the power supplies; a board located in the side compartment with the power supplies. One of my J11 plugs had the black rubber crap over it to hold the plug in so yours might be covered but its there. Here is the PDF they sent me. I have not tried pressing the reset button and I dont hear any clicking. I have been keeping this board powered off since its not working. Not need to have power running to it. I do have two other units running also below this one. I noticed there is a reset button on the outside front center top of the case and each internal board also has a button but I dont know what this one does. As far as one board having a jumper and one not I think this is just to signify and master and slave board

There are no J11 cables in either of my units. It is simply a dead plug as far as I can tell. The beaglebone has it own wire that can be plugged into the top of any PSU module.. Is This what you refer to? The board itself a self check, or built in bios, if anything fails, you will see red 45 led. I actually had my secondary board up for an hour, power stepped it 10 times, and turned the power off to see if other core would hit, and lost it. I have since pulled the board and low and behold, I have oil under the board. A slow leak from the front pump. I am cleaning as we speak, and will not plug it back in till my liquid pro is here tmw. If I do not figure out the pump leak, I will dunk this bitch in mineral oil and fire it.
emba4

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:09:31 AM

i havent seen anything connected to j11 on any of the rigs ive seen either, can anyone who has these cables tell us where theyre connected to?
papo83

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:41:28 PM

Hey guys thanks for starting this thread, seeing as Cointerra shutdown the forums this is the only place i can find help. I've been running an April batch for two months now and today one board did not come online. I opened it up to see why only one board was going online and noticed that LED D45 was red. Does anyone know what this means? and is there is a way to fix it?

Is D44 (yellow) also lit next to D45(red)? Did you ever fix your problem? see my latest comment what Cointerra told me, it might fix your problem!

I only have D45(red) on. I tried all the suggestions that have been given on this thread (used compressor to clean the board, submerged with 99.99 alcohol and lightly cleaned with toothbrush, disconnected the J11 cable) so far none have worked. The board powers up with D37 through D44 (yellow) and D45(red). When the miner starts working D37 through D44 turn off but D45 stays lit. I got a reply from cointerra asking to send them a pdf of my stat page which i sent and I'm waiting for a reply to see what they say.
scriber

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:42:27 PM

Here is a pic I circled J11. If you dont have that maybe your version of the boards is different. These boards are printed with model numbers and revisions
I have GSA CARD ASSY: COIN-500-013 REV.B. I had a leak also, it was a small crack in the hose for me. You should be able to locate that leak and fix it just how I did
https://i.imgur.com/zHI53vg.jpg
KOTEKPL

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:28:15 PM

finally got it!!  took out both white rubber things from the inside of each pump/waterblock.  Both were gunked up with white "butter"/paste type of sustance cleabed it all out and now the pumps are pumping. All hoses are same temp. I left both the rubber/silicon out. But the temps are very high still. But atleast its hashing. I think its time for liquid pro. thats my last hope to cool these down. that or building a custom watercooling system and seeing if that does it. It seems like these pumps dont move alot of water.

https://i.imgur.com/UL3mCx8.jpg
scriber

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:38:52 PM

glad your making progress and fixing your problem. Now we just need to figure out our issue with the red LED light
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:43:33 AM

glad your making progress and fixing your problem. Now we just need to figure out our issue with the red LED light

Ok, to summarize this. If you roll back the firmware to 6.32 and pay attention to the actual beep codes before it goes all red are they the same. Basically, When you first fire, all leds light up, and start a countdown from right to left. Pay attention to where it fails and the tone the boards makes. Different firmware will do it at different times and lengths. Please try and be specific as I am getting close to figuring them out as well as the push button series.

Then try 6.48 and see what results are... 6.48 seems to be the most stable for unstable boards. Did that make sense? Actually it did. 7.6 is for a board that is fully functional, and will push it to the max straight out the box. Sadly, they have as of yet released new firmware. I am of the belief they could give a shit about anyone over 30 days or broken sticker.

Cointerra really fucked this pooch in this aspect. They had a chance to be the American leader in this market and shipped shit and will not support it. BFL screwed folks by delivery date.. Cointerra shipped shit.
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:12:29 AM

Here is a pic I circled J11. If you dont have that maybe your version of the boards is different. These boards are printed with model numbers and revisions
I have GSA CARD ASSY: COIN-500-013 REV.B. I had a leak also, it was a small crack in the hose for me. You should be able to locate that leak and fix it just how I did

Scriber.. when was this unit shipped as I have 2 of them, first of April, and I have no J11 wires...

I am curious what this power is going to, and why it is needed on your boards. Following the leads on the board I have pulled now..
maddbomber83

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:30:05 AM

So; after doing a thermal paste job I'm stuck with the no LED issues (beagle boots just fine).  As I don't have that J11 wire on either board, any suggestions for troubleshooting?  I think I'll be doing a proper clean and inspect later of the boards.

I've applied thermal paste before, and thinking I may have made a mistake there I took the water block back off one of the board; I was impressed with my work.... so I'm not sure where the issue is.
montyfd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:23:05 PM

One of the 16 cores is showing only 35 degrees, core freq of this one is 0, core Volts is also very low at 2, core Performance mode is 90.
100 ghs are missing, so it seems that 1 of the 16 cores is not active.
Any idea if this could be heat related so it is shut down immediately when powering the miner or any other idea what to look for?
Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:39:08 PM

One of the 16 cores is showing only 35 degrees, core freq of this one is 0, core Volts is also very low at 2, core Performance mode is 90.
100 ghs are missing, so it seems that 1 of the 16 cores is not active.
Any idea if this could be heat related so it is shut down immediately when powering the miner or any other idea what to look for?

Check the leds after first starting the machine and see if all 8 are testing fine, and watch it over time to se if it drops one. I described the pattern they run in an earlier post.
scriber

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:55:07 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 02:23:18 AM by scriber

Scriber.. when was this unit shipped as I have 2 of them, first of April, and I have no J11 wires...

I am curious what this power is going to, and why it is needed on your boards. Following the leads on the board I have pulled now..

I purchased one unit from an ebay user and two from cointerra
ebay purchased in April which was the one leaking and pictured earlier in the post, and Cointerra purchased in June
I dont want to rollback the firmware for a few reasons. I will have to take the miner offline which is lost revenue and I also dont want to risk the other miner going offline. It seems rolling it back does not fix anything either
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:22:59 AM

My unit stopped mining and was not showing up on the LAN yesterday. Just the ctr1 showing red. I rebooted it and after running a few mins it did the same thing. Now, when I boot it up ctr1 shows orange-red for a few seconds then off. After about 5 minutes the light comes on and turns red. The unit never shows up on the LAN so I can't access it. I was able to access it a few times when it first started doing this, I tried re flashing the firmware. Didn't seem to make a difference. It's not really making a lot of sense to me that it's not showing up on the LAN. I would think reflashing the sd card would be a place to start but I don't see any image's for that.
emba4

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:27:16 PM

this weather is not helping matters, im having boards crap out left and right, over the last few days ive seen three boards die to half power (clicking out when it tries to start the cooling resulting in having to disable the pump) i also have one board rig thats totally dead, one board clicks out on the cooling like the others but on both chips and the other just never powers, im starting to worry that none of these will make it to the end of summer

Beans:

you can do a quick fix by cracking the lid off and just connecting the boards to a pc by usb, just use cgminer with cointerra support compiled in, to restore the beagle fully you may need to get a cloned image from a good one, boot the beagle from the SD, ssh in and dd the working image over the onboard nand
Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:34:27 PM

There is a user in this thread that has a unit on ebay for sale. Can you please pm me please?
TheWoodser

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

I have a machine that has been hashing without issue (other than heat) for the last 3 months.....

Yesterday I rebooted it (via the configuration page) as the pool reported slowing accepted work...

Now it wont restart mining...I just have the "1 TerraMiner Offline: 127.0.0.1" screen.

I have tried:

1, Software rebooting, Via the Configuration page
2, Restating CGMiner, Via the Configuration page
3, Hard rebooting, leaving it unplugged for 15 minutes then plugging it back in
4, Reflashing the firmware

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Tip Jars:  BTC: 1J8y3SLzGoY2gLYScsbTZmUH7dW18J1q4S          LTC:  LMkJZ8yuwtVr57GLYZ1JRWstQTc29Cfrtn     Doge: D95sgyBbRz8xhsQMAPmACYfB8vKWUAGuTn 
Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366385.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: