Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:26:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Hardware Support **Unofficial  (Read 56743 times)
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:26:18 PM

USB Errors.

Does anyone have any guesses to try to fix?  screenshot is with a direct connect to the board USB.

it happens with beaglebone or usb direct.

it continually connects then disconnects.  Any ideas to try?  I have 4 or 5 boards like this so it would be nice to find a fix.  Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bit4bit2

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:15:29 PM

Here's what I know about the D45 light:

Obviously if it is on and red that's bad!

I had a red D45 on one board that was fixed by simply re-applying the thermal paste - this can be verified by downloading the diagnostic file and following the logic - i.e. everything boots, then slowly overheats and shuts down - as opposed to not starting at all.  So, that was my first instance with the red D45

Furthermore, I know if a pump is not working or not connected it will go straight to the red D45 without even trying to start beyond the first flicker of all the lights D37-D44.

What I did (I'm not smart with programming) is download NotePad++ and used it to search and highlight words like "overtemp", "fail", and "error" in the diagnostic file to see where things are going wrong.  Although there is a lot I do not understand - I simply compared it to one of my normal machines.

By the way, SW1 (push button) on the back of the board is apparently the reset switch - used it to diagnose things while it was running - simply restarts the respective board.

My assumption is: D37-D44 are lights representing each of the 8 cores and by sequencing yellow it means everything is normal.  If it is skipped in the sequence it must be bad or not responding.  D45 is some sort of error indicator whereas OFF is normal and Red is bad but does not necessarily always mean the same thing?Huh

Would be nice if between all of us here we could put together a guide of known issues/fixes and a decoding key for the diagnostic report in a public document that doesn't require reading this entire thread - anyone know how to do this?

More to follow as I troubleshoot...
altcointalk14

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:17:35 PM

Thanks.  maybe someone just starts a troubleshooting guide in excel & save it to google docs.  If no one else starts it I will give it a try.

Regarding my USB errors all the lights are good (no red or out) and do the night rider sequence.
nico1770

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:21:24 PM

Hello all,

First running
Terraminer IV
CGMINER 4.3.5
FIRMWARE 0.7.56
Some cores are off. Trying to troubleshoot, board issue, power issue, end of the world as we know it issue, etc....

Is there anyplace that has the definitions for the fields in the STATS output in CGMINER 4.3.5?
ADVANCED-->STATS

Example fields;
 CorePerfMode0
 CoreFmatch0

I've looked and I can't find any manual or instruction. I'm looking for field definitions and system relations. I can guess on the obvious. But how they relate or specific conditions I may be unaware of.

Thanks
altcointalk14

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:42:54 PM

In some linux systems when you ssh in, you can type "screen" to start a process running, then Ctrl A then D to keep the process running and end your ssh connection.  (if you end your ssh connection you will end the process)

The screen command does not work with the beagle bone linux software.  does anyone know how to do this type command for the linux on the beagle bone?
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:15:15 PM

In standard linux, if you put an ampersand after the command it unties it from the console you ran it from, don't know it if unties it from the user though, i.e. log out and process dies.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
altcointalk14

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:32:45 PM

In standard linux, if you put an ampersand after the command it unties it from the console you ran it from, don't know it if unties it from the user though, i.e. log out and process dies.

Yes, it when I log out it kills the process. 

The problem I am having is some of my beaglebones will not start cgminer (not from reboot or web gui confi interface).  the crond is running and it tries to restart.  so I ssh in, go to opt directory and manually start ./cgminer.  I have to kill crond or it will kill my instance of cgminer.  when I close the connection it stops cgminer.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:45:18 PM

So, is there an unresponsive cgminer process running? If so, you could try getting that process to restart with something like

sudo kill -HUP processIDofCgminer

edit: might be -SIGHUP or just -1 on some versions.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
altcointalk14

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:58:38 PM

So, is there an unresponsive cgminer process running? If so, you could try getting that process to restart with something like

sudo kill -HUP processIDofCgminer

edit: might be -SIGHUP or just -1 on some versions.

no, there is no unresponsive cgminer, when I check with the top command, there is no cgminer running. 

I will even click on the restart cgminer in the web gui and it still does not show up.  So I manually start the ./cgminer.  If I do not kill the crond listed in top, the manual ./cgminer instance I start will get killed.
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:02:55 AM

no, there is no unresponsive cgminer, when I check with the top command, there is no cgminer running.  

I will even click on the restart cgminer in the web gui and it still does not show up.  So I manually start the ./cgminer.  If I do not kill the crond listed in top, the manual ./cgminer instance I start will get killed.

On a fresh reboot, what is in /tmp/cgminer.log ?
altcointalk14

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:01:39 PM

Thank You, there was a problem with my pool setup.  strange as exactly same thing in other terraminers but they work.  I am using stratum proxy server and had everything pointed to stratum+tcp://x.x.x.x:yyyy and changed to http://x.x.x.x:yyyy.

now they work.  Thank you.
altcointalk14

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:05:48 PM

Hello,

Don't see this in any of my beaglebones, when I do the top command in one I find the below, does anyone know what this is?

180     1 root     S     1136   0%   0% udhcpc -R -b -x hostname TerraMiner -t 20 -p /var/run/udhcpc.eth0.pid -i eth0
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:58:30 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udhcpc

altcointalk14

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:53:44 PM

thanks.  i guess i shoyld give google a try.
altcointalk14

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:56:03 PM

does anyone know of another way to connect cgminer to the terraminer boards?  serial?

several boards of mine have usb connection issues.
LeviWalker

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:26:29 AM

I had a red D45 on one board that was fixed by simply re-applying the thermal paste - this can be verified by downloading the diagnostic file and following the logic - i.e. everything boots, then slowly overheats and shuts down - as opposed to not starting at all.  So, that was my first instance with the red D45

Furthermore, I know if a pump is not working or not connected it will go straight to the red D45 without even trying to start beyond the first flicker of all the lights D37-D44.

What I did (I'm not smart with programming) is download NotePad++ and used it to search and highlight words like "overtemp", "fail", and "error" in the diagnostic file to see where things are going wrong.  Although there is a lot I do not understand - I simply compared it to one of my normal machines.

By the way, SW1 (push button) on the back of the board is apparently the reset switch - used it to diagnose things while it was running - simply restarts the respective board.

My assumption is: D37-D44 are lights representing each of the 8 cores and by sequencing yellow it means everything is normal.  If it is skipped in the sequence it must be bad or not responding.  D45 is some sort of error indicator whereas OFF is normal and Red is bad but does not necessarily always mean the same thing?Huh

Would be nice if between all of us here we could put together a guide of known issues/fixes and a decoding key for the diagnostic report in a public document that doesn't require reading this entire thread - anyone know how to do this?

I know this is a little old but I wanted to put my 2 cents in for future help. I also had a red D45 and a core not working. I was able to remove the pump and smack it with a screwdriver a few times and get the pump working again. If that pump does not work, the core will be shut off and that light will be red. Not very scientific, or high tech, but a pump is a pump. When they dont move, smack em!

LARTAS

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:05:02 AM

I know this is a little old but I wanted to put my 2 cents in for future help. I also had a red D45 and a core not working. I was able to remove the pump and smack it with a screwdriver a few times and get the pump working again. If that pump does not work, the core will be shut off and that light will be red. Not very scientific, or high tech, but a pump is a pump. When they dont move, smack em!

Hi
Now I have the same problem. I Bought 2 TMIV. Once is good always
Another worked for one week then it started with troubles, Cointerra support said me tO upgrade 8.15 firmware, that killed machine for one month then I minned through PC with USB, but Cointerra Support help me and after one month BBB worked again, but boards are with troubles, the CTA0 is working without D40 light 630 gh, another CTA1 is only mining 280 GH and D37 to D41 are working (4 Yellow Lights turned on), now I have 8.15 FIRMWARE WORKING but machine still with the same troubles. I touch Pumps; in CTA 0 are working 2 pumps but I felt only 3 hoses are working when I touched they. CTA1 is working only One hose from the one pump which is working. Of course Like you said D45 show that troubles. But when I turn on machine, I can see all lights are turning on for once time.
- I would like to know which is the problem. Pumps, Power sources, boards, cables?
altcointalk14

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:12:25 PM

can you post 8.15 firmware.  Obviously can not download it from their website.

I am guessing you have one bad pump.  Just unplug one at a time and boot.  If everything looks the same with the pump unplugged then that is your guy.  If nothing comes on then you have the good pump unplugged.

Just curious how many out there are still running terraminers or all they all shut off?
bit4bit2

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:16:42 PM

Mine are all powered down since the price went below $300. Looking for $400 before I power up again.
LARTAS

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:17:42 PM

can you post 8.15 firmware.  Obviously can not download it from their website.

I am guessing you have one bad pump.  Just unplug one at a time and boot.  If everything looks the same with the pump unplugged then that is your guy.  If nothing comes on then you have the good pump unplugged.

Just curious how many out there are still running terraminers or all they all shut off?

I can't post but I could send you, send me a PM
I believe it is not a pump, because a lot of troubles in 2 cta's, i don't know what can i do with that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: