Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:39:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE WALL OF SHAME  (Read 26461 times)
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:53:02 AM

The level of fraud, scamming and deceit in cryptos, and very specially in the more and more crowded field of alternative currencies, has reached levels that simple common sense would indicate that something's got to give. It is the responsibility of all those who believe cryptocurrencies are a real alternative to fiat, to protect the single most vulnerable aspect, the most damaging of all, the one that makes every "normal person" literally "run for the exits" when cryptocurrencies are mentioned. Everyone knows fraud and deception is rampant. There's no accountability of course -not yet anyway-, and therefore it is kind of inevitable. But it is our obligation, in my opinion, to police the field to the extent that we can, to protect the integrity of the world of alternative currencies. There will always be scamers and schemes to take other people's money, but at least those coming in with greed in their eyes and hope in their hearts, would have a thread that can show some obvious red flags before jumping into those scams that leave always victims and increase the bad reputation of cryptos. Even when caught pants down, all the scamers have to do, is change their handles and they remain anonymous. This has to stop. They also clear their announcement threads of "FUD", a clumsy pretext to delete "inconvenient" posts that otherwise would linger forever and would be available for research. So, not only are they always -or almost always- anonymous, but they always -or almost always- censor and delete posts on their threads that bring about inconvenient subjects, including potential details of their scams. The scams are protected; the devs, hidden under their anonymous and usually multiple handles, remain anonymous and ready for the usual rinse and repeat... well it's time for a little reckoning. Leveling the playing field somewhat, so to speak: Here's the WALL OF SHAME. Every con, every fraud, every red flag will be posted here. And no, the burden of proof will not be on the posters, but on the devs. Enough of this shitty situation in which they can and do hide under several veils with total impunity. A red flag will be enough. If someone deletes [posts and censors users on their threads, that would be their ticket to enter the WALL OF SHAME; If they delete posts that contains relevant questions that they prefer not to answer, they have gained their post on the WALL OF SHAME; if they say "no pre-mine" and there is in fact indications of other ways of accumulating the coins by taking advantage of their situation: WALL OF SHAME...

Everyone is free to act any which way they choose, but the WALL OF SHAME will be here to collect all the bad guys of crypto, their handles, their schemes,                their coins and every other detail that other users would volunteer.

Lets level the playing field.

No more impunity.

Lets eliminate the bad players.

1.- Templar77, real name Carlos R. Torres Ferguson, out of Mexico DF and the shame behind, among others, Universitycoin, Grumpycoin, Libertycoin and, if it comes to fruition, the upcoming X coin. Read about him in the several different threads of those coins. In many of them you won't find hundreds of posts that have been censored, but you will find entire threads with his exploits and those of his associate, Loljosh. Be aware of these guys.

2.- The Doge of Wall Street, aka Eugene (Yevgeniy) Rokhlin and his associate St.GNU. The former is quite public -he participates usually in the "Blackcasts" on YouTube, the later prefers to remain anonymous. He is the "Don" at Blackcoin and there are substantive charges about him/them pre-mining (to the tune of almost half the entire float of BC) the "no pre-mine" Blackcoin. Besides that, they own the multipool that services Blackcoin, as a separate business and used to "strategically buy BC in the open exchanges... when convenient". Convenient, one assumes, for the Don and his "group of investors" (that would be The Black Hand, a group of investors who operates in cahoots with Rokhlin and St.GNU and that in fact determines all the strategies from the inside. This is an organized group, represented by morituri13/dognip in the community (the guy in the infamous flower pants picture of Soepkip), who "donates" to the pool the Titan miner, for instance, and, obviously, determines when and ad what price the pool buys in to proceed with the usual pumps and dumps that are the base of the income of The Black Hand. Meanwhile, The Don and St.GNU continue dumping their estimated 35-40 million blackcoins premined acquired in the early hours/days of the PoW period. There's plenty of info about the schemes all over Bitcointalk, but don't expect anything remotely in that direction in any of the current managed threads other than the ones dedicates to exposing it specifically: The censor, with extraordinary dilligence, every post that even remotely points in that direction.

3.- This is a new one, the most recent: CLOAK. His dev is "Alty", who also uses the handle "TheDagger". He may or may not have pre-mined (still some PoW as of this writing pending), but he certainly doesn't answer pertinent uncomfortable questions like the one about a charge that while the two initial dedicated pools had a hashing rate of less than 20MH, the entire network boasted in excess of 20GH... Mind you, that is a situation that could happen without any devious scheme going on. Nor very usual but certainly possible. But if that were teh case, would you, as a clean dev, take advantage of the opportunity to explain that you in fact are only responsible for "x" amount of the 20GH+...AND show clear proof of it to dispel any doubts? Now if, on the contrary, you not only avoid to provide an explanation but quickly proceed to delete the posts and ban any questioner from the IRC channel, wouldn't that raise a significant red flag? It is certainly not the best way to provide confidence, trust and transparency, is it? So, since it is very cowardly to not just avoid the questions but delete the posts so others don't pose the same lingering questions, the playing field is leveled: If "Alty" or "The Dagger" provide proof positive they did not pre-mine CLOAK, they (he) will be taken down from the WALL OF SHAME. If not, here it is for everyone to be aware (and cautious) about it.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:04:52 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 07:36:10 AM by peled1986

List of bitcointalk thieves/scammers:
1. NFDcoin / Din (Edgecoin)
2. ziplibrary (Sharexcoin / ShareCoin)
3. BitOffer (HouseofCoins)
4. Visacoin (Visacoin)

"If you are reading this din, i know what you are thinking, "they were so dumb they deserved it", well no being dumb isn't immoral, stealing peoples money how ever is. Someday you are going to grow old and you are going to die and you are going to have to look back on your life and at that point money wont mean anything, your choices here however might. And if they don't than you have an even worse problem. I do not envy you." - Anon136 (this was said about NFDcoin but it's relevent to all thieves/scammers)
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:12:48 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 02:15:24 PM by SyRenity

Hell, It's about time!

Some more candidates:
  • Serial opener of scam IPO's - EDG/LVC/Numus/etc... - using same style
  • ShareXcoin exchange operator
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:13:28 AM

As they say - Hell, It's about time!

Some more candidates:
  • Serial opener of scam IPO's - EDG/Numus/etc... - using same style
  • ShareXchange operator?

+ Author of GPU Coin, PLX coin and a lot of other shitcoins.
gg234

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:15:04 AM

Stackcoin and emiratescoin operators
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:15:55 AM

interesting, how can you manage to get this information?

estimated 35-40 million blackcoins premined acquired in the early hours/days of the PoW period
i think instamine is more suit than premine for something like this
dE_logics

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 07:22:08 AM

Actually this's 'Wall of Thugs'; it's not shameful to scam people -- it requires skills and it's a task. However scamming Americans is not a skill IMO...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:24:27 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 08:03:53 AM by Vann

Yes, the level of fraud and misrepresentation in crypto is of epidemic proportions. Making baseless accusations without facts backing them up is also spreading FUD based on ulterior motives. My suggestion for anyone involved in crypto to do their own due diligence, it's not all too difficult to figure out and take baseless accusations for what they are worth.
liuhou521

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:31:44 AM

机枪 矿机 怎么不谴责 就是挖了卖 没一点信念
wf2008

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:37:57 AM

Yes, too many coins too shameless, today there is a coin out of garbage, UniverseCoin (UNC), secretly dug 50W, each block only 0.25

duts_bg

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:59:56 AM

Excellent initiative. Indeed it was high time for that. I strongly believe in the alternative of cryptocurrencies  as a fairer society system. And however, this ruin the status quo of the existing financial system,  it is normal this system to counteract with all forces and resources. Most easily it countered by imposing administrative regulations in the way of our detriment and to their advantage. If we manage to organize our self, our opponents will be much more difficult to deter our growth and success. In this regard, I think that this is an excellent, but not enough exercise, which should be a first step. Without claiming to detail, I can offer a few more steps in this direction:
1. Wall of Honor - where to publish the names of the worthy members of the community and the reasons for their choice.
2. Creating board confidence that under certain rules to choose proven community members.
3. Trust board has the right and obligation to examine each new coin and publish an opinion on it.
4. And the like.

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
Hi3899

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:03:09 AM

Yes, too many coins too shameless, today there is a coin out of garbage, UniverseCoin (UNC), secretly dug 50W, each block only 0.25

Yeah, that 0.25 coins per Block seems a tad low. What's up With that.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:00:18 AM

Excellent initiative. Indeed it was high time for that. I strongly believe in the alternative of cryptocurrencies  as a fairer society system. And however, this ruin the status quo of the existing financial system,  it is normal this system to counteract with all forces and resources. Most easily it countered by imposing administrative regulations in the way of our detriment and to their advantage. If we manage to organize our self, our opponents will be much more difficult to deter our growth and success. In this regard, I think that this is an excellent, but not enough exercise, which should be a first step. Without claiming to detail, I can offer a few more steps in this direction:
1. Wall of Honor - where to publish the names of the worthy members of the community and the reasons for their choice.
2. Creating board confidence that under certain rules to choose proven community members.
3. Trust board has the right and obligation to examine each new coin and publish an opinion on it.
4. And the like.

Great idea, especially number one. I would gladly, very gladly create a Wall of Honor that would very successful indeed as a start point for any newcomer to crypto. But I have an initial problem: Who to nominate? I am invested in various coins in which, for now, I haven't detected any semblance of fraud... but others have made some accusations, so... I tell you what: If the developers of a coin come forward and show proof that their coin is CLEAN, they will be immediately included in the Wall of Honor, fair deal?

I for one don't believe -or even appreciate- some great dev that creates a coin and doesn't generously benefit from it, so I am not looking for some ultra-generous saint, just someone who believes in his creation, sticks with it AND is generously rewarded. Under that concept, I would even consider clean some dev that instamine or premine 10% of the total coin for himself... as long as it is in the open, with accessible wallets so every investor can corroborate that they are not dumped or not dumped initially at least and not in quantities that will affect the price of the coin until, at least, it is well established (which means years, not hours).

I believe in volunteerism, so if a board is to be "elected", I'm fine with it. As for "obligations" that's much more difficult, but yes everyone, like now has happened, can and should bring forward their charges. Like I said in the OP: Charges are just that. Everyone is quite free to assign a value to those charges and, subsequently, corroborate them independently or not. I don't believe any "trust board" should do their work for them, beyond the red flag stage, but if others believe it is plausible and convenient, by all means proceed.

In response to "Vann", this, as thoroughly explained in the OP, is only a guide for newcomers and established investors alike. They are especially encouraged to do their own research, but we are not playing here by any rules of the "regular world". This is a wild wild west and the lawlessness of it has only benefited the crooks. Until now. It is time to level the playing field. If you -or anyone else for that matter- consider the allegations posted here as FUD, it is certainly your prerogative. Others, evidently, will find these posts quite useful. And for those who hide nothing and act fair, well not only they have nothing to fear but much to gain if they want to qualify for the WALL OF HONOR. Easy and simple, isn't it? Anyone charged with "baseless accusations", as you put it, is quite free to come here (where there will NEVER, EVER, be any censorship on my part) and debunk those accusations. It is really, really easy: They just have to offer proof that demonstrates that the accusations are in fact baseless. I don't know about you but if I am a developer that stand accused by anyone here, and I am clean, I will be more than happy to come up here and show proof that I am in fact clean. Nobody forces them to do it but it would certainly increase the confidence of holders of the coin and prospective investors, don't you think? And I (and some others here) believe they SHOULD do exactly that. ALL of them. As a norm.
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:25:23 AM

Good idea. I had the same one to point the scammers out. I am quite into alt-coins subforum and I can see new scams daily. I will be adding them to my own thread as well as here. For now, the worst in my opinion are:

1. Sharecoin
2. Cleanwatercoin
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:29:46 AM

Good idea. I had the same one to point the scammers out. I am quite into alt-coins subforum and I can see new scams daily. I will be adding them to my own thread as well as here. For now, the worst in my opinion are:

1. Sharecoin
2. Cleanwatercoin
+1
this thread is great.
Zip to the hell.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:30:29 AM

stackcoin
neon
levelcoin
asiacoin(pre community takeover)
coins4meh

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:19:35 PM

What? Cloak too? Cry

▮▮█ # metahash Your Gate to Decentralized Internet # metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain #MetaApps #MetaGate #MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬█▮▮
wahahaha

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:44:46 PM

As they say - Hell, It's about time!

Some more candidates:
  • Serial opener of scam IPO's - EDG/Numus/etc... - using same style
  • ShareXchange operator?

yeal ,the same features, they are shit people and shit coin, Embarrassed

Bwincoin - 100% Free POS.BNdPp2jqmHyHrgRXUNs7yBFW3xWQRe8WnX
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 01:50:51 PM

it's not shameful to scam people -- it requires skills and it's a task.

Let me get this straight ... your worldview informs you that if an activity "requires skills" and is "a task" then it is inherently morally defensible.

That's most illuminating, thank you for the insight.

Cheers

Graham

IPCoinz

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:39:14 PM

This thread can be useful to help consumer protection lawyers file claims against bad actors.  If you have been scammed, you want to create a record here of who scammed you (give as much info as you possibly can; make some calls and do some research to try to get names, addresses, IP addresses, etc), when and how and for how much you were scammed (bullet points that outline the facts of your case), and contact information where YOU (the victim) can be reached if some legal action arises in the future.

The statute of limitations is generally about seven (7) years, meaning that a victim has 7 years to file a suit over a claim in tort relating to these matters.  The law is obviously lagging behind the development of crypto, but within a few years we should see law firms getting active in this field, especially consumer protection law firms, and then if we do this right they could come back to this page and collect data for up to 7 years prior if they happen to be going after a perpetrator.  So dont just use this forum as a blacklist, but use it as a register of complaints in anticipation of potential future legal action and remedies into the far future.

The more detailed info people provide here, the more likely it is that lawyers will scan this thread to find ways to bring law suits and maximize the penalties they can claim against bad guys.  Law is a money game like anything else, and if we develop a rich resource (if we build it) they will come...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: