Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:16:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE WALL OF SHAME  (Read 26459 times)
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:25:42 PM

This thread can be useful to help consumer protection lawyers file claims against bad actors.  If you have been scammed, you want to create a record here of who scammed you (give as much info as you possibly can; make some calls and do some research to try to get names, addresses, IP addresses, etc), when and how and for how much you were scammed (bullet points that outline the facts of your case), and contact information where YOU (the victim) can be reached if some legal action arises in the future.

The statute of limitations is generally about seven (7) years, meaning that a victim has 7 years to file a suit over a claim in tort relating to these matters.  The law is obviously lagging behind the development of crypto, but within a few years we should see law firms getting active in this field, especially consumer protection law firms, and then if we do this right they could come back to this page and collect data for up to 7 years prior if they happen to be going after a perpetrator.  So dont just use this forum as a blacklist, but use it as a register of complaints in anticipation of potential future legal action and remedies into the far future.

The more detailed info people provide here, the more likely it is that lawyers will scan this thread to find ways to bring law suits and maximize the penalties they can claim against bad guys.  Law is a money game like anything else, and if we develop a rich resource (if we build it) they will come...

This is a good idea but not the main purpose of the thread. But lawyers demand evidence and precisely this thread is created because the anonymous condition of crypto, where everyone hides under several handles, allows for the crooks to perpetrate their crimes with total impunity, legal and otherwise. They are not required the mos elemental disclosures and to follow the most minimal of rules that allow any business to proceed in the real world. We are hereby taking the same, identical freedoms -sans the fraud part- to point them out as the scamers they are most often than not. No irrefutable evidence needed. The burden of proof is on THEM. And, yes,  it was about time. The free ride is OVER.

This is the equalizer, if you will. You don't need to be a master researcher. You don't need irrefutable evidence. As a matter of fact, you can post anything here and anyone can lie is so they choose, through their teeth: They do. All the time. In their schemes of deception and fraud. I believe that the stronger you make your case, the more valid your claim. Just listing some handles and some coins is not going to achieve much when those crooks perpetrate their next fraud. But is you make a strong case where a modus operandi can be identified and tracked, it will be much easier to identify who is behind which handle and which scheme. The ball then will be on their court to prove that, in fact, they are clean even it if they are following patterns that have been highly suspicious by others in the past. I repeat: The burden of proof is on their shoulders. It is in their interest to fight for their reputations. And those who choose not to do it, well, let them carry on with the consequences. Like I posted in the OP, it is our responsibility to clean crypto and eliminate the bad players; it is the responsibility and burden of the good players to clear their names or handles if they have been compromised.

The playing field is level now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:31:21 PM

it's not shameful to scam people -- it requires skills and it's a task.

Let me get this straight ... your worldview informs you that if an activity "requires skills" and is "a task" then it is inherently morally defensible.

That's most illuminating, thank you for the insight.

Cheers

Graham

This way of seeing things is, unfortunately, quite common in crypto. Among hackers, fraud, thievery and deception are not only NOT negatives but they give them bragging rights withing their community. This used to be only in the world of hackers but since many of them have become greedy developers of crypto, it has, evidently, splashed over. Problem is that hackers are prosecuted in the real world and punished quite harshly, because they are perceived as hurting big corporations, big money. No one cares for the individual small investor that is scammed here, left and right. That's why we are turning the tables on the crooks. The time of reckoning is here and they are going to find more and more difficult to keep on perpetrating their crimes. Hopefully, impunity will be dealt with too, in the near future for these people belong in prison and quite far away from any connection to the internet.
Coinasaur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:56:51 PM

What? Cloak too? Cry

barabbas, aka IconicExpert should be at the top of the list. Don't trust this guy, before you fall for this scam check his post history and do your due diligence.
He has a confirmed at least 5 accounts of alts that he uses to promote his own ideas and to put down those he doesnt agree with.

Here is a list of his accomplishments.
1. He initiated a huge dump of BC and proceeded to blame the BC devs for it when they wouldnt support his event because they wanted to do one of their own. He started an entire smear campaign against BC and all of the people working to making it better.
2. He collected 13,000$ in donations for an event that he was planning involving women walking around on wall st passing out BC cards. The money STILL has not been returned a full month after the cancellation of said event.
3. He announced that he would be promoting XLB, but when the devs decided to do something that didnt agree with his plan, he accused them of dumps again just like he did with BC.
4. His alt accounts tried to start a logo contest for Cloak and when the dev found out who he/they were he pulled his support. So they initiated a smear campaign yet again.

This is the result of a butthurt loser being angry that noone will play with him anymore so he is spreading FUD to anyone who will listen.
It is in your best interests to move on and ignore anything these people say
mistress

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:12:48 PM

oh-ooh, nice this thread, i ve just a couple of things to say. i m a newbie but i've already understood that here is the hell, full of fucking scammers! I really don't understand the reason to be anonymous... why? you earn BTC and after you go very soon to change it in fiat value. Don't say not, babies. So it means that if the government wants to say something about you, it's really easy, it is enough to see your banking account. So, why to be anonymous? This is an advantage only for scammers, for fucking scammers,babies, i tell you, don't forget it!
my two cents!

note: don't forget that fucking bastard of honorcoin's dev! Scammer!  eh eh I've never bought one
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:24:22 AM

What? Cloak too? Cry

barabbas, aka IconicExpert should be at the top of the list. Don't trust this guy, before you fall for this scam check his post history and do your due diligence.
He has a confirmed at least 5 accounts of alts that he uses to promote his own ideas and to put down those he doesnt agree with.

Here is a list of his accomplishments.
1. He initiated a huge dump of BC and proceeded to blame the BC devs for it when they wouldnt support his event because they wanted to do one of their own. He started an entire smear campaign against BC and all of the people working to making it better.
2. He collected 13,000$ in donations for an event that he was planning involving women walking around on wall st passing out BC cards. The money STILL has not been returned a full month after the cancellation of said event.
3. He announced that he would be promoting XLB, but when the devs decided to do something that didnt agree with his plan, he accused them of dumps again just like he did with BC.
4. His alt accounts tried to start a logo contest for Cloak and when the dev found out who he/they were he pulled his support. So they initiated a smear campaign yet again.

This is the result of a butthurt loser being angry that noone will play with him anymore so he is spreading FUD to anyone who will listen.
It is in your best interests to move on and ignore anything these people say

This is the retard that, exposed as he is above, still continues dispelling falsehoods, including the absurdity that I am IconicExpert. Mind you, the only reason he does it, fully knowing it is not true, is to further his agenda with La Mano Nera at BC . But we all know by now quite clearly who is who and what are their motivations. Keep an eye on this guy (although I am pretty sure he has several handles): He is part of a well know and thoroughly researched scam. Be aware.

By the way I believe IconicExpert is indeed pushing CLOAK. At least in his Twitter account he is. Just to keep the perspective in what this imbecile is and what is his agenda.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:28:17 AM

oh-ooh, nice this thread, i ve just a couple of things to say. i m a newbie but i've already understood that here is the hell, full of fucking scammers! I really don't understand the reason to be anonymous... why? you earn BTC and after you go very soon to change it in fiat value. Don't say not, babies. So it means that if the government wants to say something about you, it's really easy, it is enough to see your banking account. So, why to be anonymous? This is an advantage only for scammers, for fucking scammers,babies, i tell you, don't forget it!
my two cents!

note: don't forget that fucking bastard of honorcoin's dev! Scammer!  eh eh I've never bought one

There's only one reason to be anonymous. The same reason there is to censor your threads: They have something to hide. There's absolutely no other reason. And anonymity allos them total impunity, on one hand, and the opportunity to do it over and over again. That's why this thread exists.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:41:24 AM

Another one bites the dust:

Yadaminer, at CAIx coin. I had been researching the coin because it has had an enormous decline in price and my curiosity was piqued: It could be the end of it or a great investing opportunity. I researched their very confusing and complicated model and had a lot of questions and clarifications. Naturally, I posted them in their forum to get answers. I got some answers -not even close to all the answers- and the ones I got weren't even close to satisfactory. But judge for yourselves: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=513613.new#new

Yadaminer earned his position here, as posted, for being an idiot and a coward. And posting insulting FUD to try to cover the obvious weakness of the coin and the model that, by the way, continues speeding down towards the precipice. I don't know if they are scammers or not, but some of them, at least this Yadaminer, acts like one. Because there's impunity. Not NO FUCKING MORE. If you cannot stand the heat get the fuck out of the kitchen!
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:45:34 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 12:59:59 AM by barabbas

my two cents!

note: don't forget that fucking bastard of honorcoin's dev! Scammer!  eh eh I've never bought one

Thank you for your 2 cents but it'd be helpful if you let everyone know why do you think the dev at Honorcoin is a scammer... I myself have put their code in my signature and registered for their wallet because I don't suspect any one and much less if they offer coins for free, but now I am, of course, quite interested. Also, to make more aesthetically pleasing the thread and easier to locate the accused scammers, please everyone BOL or color/bold the names/handles and their coin. Thanks!
cryptopick

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:58:39 AM

50BTC.com............ Cry
rayday11

Activity: 344
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:10:43 AM

Colorcoin ---- No POS wallet stuck at 10000

Happycoin----No POS wallet stuck at 20160

heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:05:31 AM

Putting cloak on the wall of shame and then proceeding to write a wall of complete speculative nonsense? Is there room for barabbas on the wall of shame for being a proven fud artist wanker?
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:22:50 AM

If "Alty" or "The Dagger" provide proof positive they did not pre-mine CLOAK, they (he) will be taken down from the WALL OF SHAME. If not, here it is for everyone to be aware (and cautious) about it.

barabbas : you only need to look at the block explorer to see this coin was not premined.

Here is a link to the block explorer, we gave the first 50 blocks a 1 coin reward. That seemed like a fair thing to do.

http://cloak.blockexplorer.cc/block/000000038c4f76b80afd30849aac0810dc487551d118af5a64a69b5e2edd381b

Check for yourself.
elektrax

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:11:26 AM

markets.cx and their ElectroBTC guy that was in here #onedayitsyourturn

BTC: 1G6Fc3sWL9E9DShfitjQvP2SGXvNLbqzGz | GP: GdTPHPNRV6P49mtW6Bc8kFBvRx4oofx4eX
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:10:38 PM

If "Alty" or "The Dagger" provide proof positive they did not pre-mine CLOAK, they (he) will be taken down from the WALL OF SHAME. If not, here it is for everyone to be aware (and cautious) about it.

barabbas : you only need to look at the block explorer to see this coin was not premined.

Here is a link to the block explorer, we gave the first 50 blocks a 1 coin reward. That seemed like a fair thing to do.

http://cloak.blockexplorer.cc/block/000000038c4f76b80afd30849aac0810dc487551d118af5a64a69b5e2edd381b

Check for yourself.

You haven't deleted these posts (yet) from your own thread... but you haven't answered them either. You did deleted mine because I reached the same conclusion everyone with common sense reached there, though... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.40

That's not proof positive. How many have you mined, how many have you bought and when and how many wallets and which numbers they are, that would be (some, hardly definitive) proof of what you claim. Hey, if you leased the power, there's nothing wrong with it. If you bought cheap, again, nothing wrong with it but, yet, you deleted the posts and bumped me off the IRC room when I questioned you about this, why? I know you have arrangements that force you to censor your thread (your agreement with IconicExpert, specifically). Hey, that's all fine and dandy but won't get you out of the Wall of Shame, sorry. If you want to come out clean, and you are, this will always be open and uncensored, but not as long as your establishment doesn't allow legitimate questioning and practices censorship. If you are in fact clean, real investors/traders won't give a shit about anything anyone posts anywhere, so here's is your opportunity to make the most of it. Just posting the blockchain, sorry, doesn't cut it.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:12:29 PM

Putting cloak on the wall of shame and then proceeding to write a wall of complete speculative nonsense? Is there room for barabbas on the wall of shame for being a proven fud artist wanker?

Cloak and every single one that is even remotely suspect. Even remotely. The tables have been turned, hadn't you heard?

Even idiots like you are allowed to post their nonsense here with total freedom.

A needed change in crypto, IMO.
ILikeMagicBeans

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 07:28:56 PM

Is there room for barabbas on the wall of shame for being a proven fud artist wanker?

Grin

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:05:32 PM

Is there room for barabbas on the wall of shame for being a proven fud artist wanker?

Grin

You just kind of did, didn't you?

Bad for you that it is something to be decided on a case by case basis... and based on credibility. Ain't real freedom great?
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:15:03 PM

Sticky this Thread
purplejaguar

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:17:14 PM

Do you think Iconic Expert belongs on this list, barabbas?
incognitoworker

Activity: 736

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:22:57 PM

Good idea. I had the same one to point the scammers out. I am quite into alt-coins subforum and I can see new scams daily. I will be adding them to my own thread as well as here. For now, the worst in my opinion are:

1. Sharecoin
2. Cleanwatercoin
+1
this thread is great.
Zip to the hell.
zip to hell is 7560 Norway :-)
i live in neighbour city, :-)
Back to topic, wall of shame/fame could be usefull for some but anyway all need to make their own research to make a decision.
you can be on top on wall of fame, and then perform some bad actions :-)

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: