Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE WALL OF SHAME  (Read 26454 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:15:18 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 02:00:49 PM by altcoinUK

Zimbeck is a very talented young man and it is sad to see that he ended up in assisting a shameful money collecting operation.

Well the jury's still quite out on Zimbeck... he seem to have had some talent... for chess. He ranked like 37th at some point I believe -which must be quite hard to do, but not difficult enough to make a living at it-, and he even published a book of chess puzzles ... that doesn't sell any copies either in print or digital form. Other than that, at 31, he's a total failure going nowhere soon having miserably failed at being an actor/model (he got to do a few sessions as an extra in movies and commercials), having even more miserably failed at being a "producer" - I believe somehow he produced a short film no one ever saw-, and even more miserable fail at being a photographer and, at 30, managed to see himself drowning on debt... which are not precisely the "achievements" of "..a very talented young man".

The Black Halo protocol is one that no one uses, no one will ever do, that has brought to Blackcoin nothing but misery, since the price is stagnant at all time lows, 92% from ATH and quickly drifting to shit. Black Halo, smart contracts and Nightmarket or whatever other shit included. So the way I see it Zimbeck is just an opportunistic  individual being paid by scammers -if not being the main one himself, which is the most likely-, to front a scam of pretty big proportions and that is already actively in progress but that, even as scams go, has been caught on time and, consequently, will be aborted in mid-progress. It HAS been aborted, already and Zimbeck and his employers are unable to keep unloading more than a very few BTC per day and at prices that will hit below 200 sat any time now. Since Zimbeck himself absolutely needs to get rid of his stack to cover debt, the unloading will continue and so will the price "progression", while this scam will quickly engross the checkered (pun fully intended) past of this questionably "talented" (relatively at 31 -- happy birthday, by the way...) young man.

I was referring to the talent regarding mainly to the chess master role. Being an amateur chess player I appreciate the talent of accomplished chess masters. Apart from this, it seems your assessment is quite accurate. It seems David is a nice guy by default configuration, he just doesn't know what he is doing regarding to the Bitbay project, but this in the case of an ICO where peoples' money is involved could be a fatal mistake.

A "nice guy" who hasn't worked a day in his 31 years of life and is in the habit of not paying his bills, THAT type of nice guy.

By the way, have you read the just posted FAQs on  the BitBay thread? That HAS TO BE the ultimate monument to raw, smoking, unadulterated bullshit... If after reading through that crap the dozen of "investors" still holding the ICO bags don't see clearly and get out of Dodge immediately, they will never see the difference between their asses and their heads. Wow. The mention of Non Disclosure Agreements with vendors is particularly hilarious, but the whole piece is just a riot beginning to end.

But, still, I am puzzled as to how people may be so gullible and not see the evidence in front of them: Who is selling below the ICO price? Just answering that question with the minimum imaginable of common sense will give you the inevitable, obvious answer: There wouldn't be even a minimum market, none whatsoever. And yet they keep on pulling 15-20BTC daily out of the market selling way under 252. Guess who's selling at a "loss"? Remember they paid with the right hand and pocketed that payment with the left hand (first 33% of it, already in pocket. Another coming up in 4 days, the rest a bit later). It is ALL profit, no matter if they sell at 250, at 200 or at 25 sat or lower. All (minus BTER fees), profit, so the selling HAS to continue, no matter the price. Because David HAS TO pay his debts, remember? YOU (the bagholders) are actually paying them.

I have been arguing these exact same points in the BitBay thread for a while.

I have pointed out there how tragicomic is to hide behind an alleged NDA and in the meantime outline a business plan to take on eBay and build a billion dollar business.
I have been also asking them and quite amazed by the professional bio of their team and keep asking the organizers of that scam about their great team: Nicos from Russia who loves dog and Holly from Taiwan who has a family ... really ... this is the professional bio of a team that supposed to take on eBay. No description of skills nor career history nor educational background, most importantly no name - you just need to believe that they have a team which is perfectly capable to build a billion $ business.

I understand the scammers' motives and there is a rational explanation why the army of secondary, third and newbie nicks push so hard the operation, but how it is possible the few legit investors don't see the very obvious read flags, mainly as you said that the coin is dumped for lower than ICO price and all other issues we have been talking about here? It seems the greed or idiocy make them ignore the red flags.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:27:40 PM

I apologize for bringing here posts from other threads, but since I think many arguments are really valid from the quoted user Gabralkhan, I thought it worth to post here too - especially that the scammers will surely delete it soon.

It's just desperate how the scammers, their newbie nicks trying to keep going the operation by shutting down rational concerns and arguments like Gabralkhan's is.

Be realistic, let's take the example of Alibaba, it is a system that allow Vendors to minimize their investment in sales structure, maximize their visibility and cut through intermediaries in exchange of Alibaba fees.

I doubt a lot of Vendors of Alibaba would switch to a system that require provision of everything sold at the level of sales, meaning a Vendor has to escrow also his benefices and his shipping costs and he is not guaranteed fully to get money in the end.

In case of a problem with the buyer, which is not able to free the escrow for some reasons, technical, personal or any reason possible the Vendor lost everything...Transactions are also about security and reliability of payment, I am not sure we can call an escrow something that implies a risk of loosing the money if something happen to the buyer.

Anyway, you have to think of BitBay as competing with other sales channels, try to have a business owner point of view, escrow and immobilizing funds, bear the risk of lost funds while the product is shipped.

I don't see it very attractive compared to the other sales channel for Vendors.

And for buyers either...You have to own 2 times the value of what you buy ?

Come on, people are supposed to buy BitBay coins to use the system, think about that, you think it will be fine for average people to invest 2 times the value they want to buy BitBays from fiat ?

You try to explain that BitBay is a system only made for people that have already a lot of money to guarantee the reliability and that prefer to use BitBay because they like cryptocurrencies...
Okay then but so we can't hope BitBay will go mainstream and will be widely used, and that price of coin will grow and be pegged to Dollar, because i think all these aspects are depending of the large adoption and wide use of BitBay, for me it is like shooting yourself in the foot...

Typical.

Here is a rational, perfectly valid and logical set of arguments from Gabralkhan. What happens then? The army of newbie nicks and organizers of this scam shamble nervously trying to shut down the perfectly valid arguments by saying
- the great Bitbay team (you know Nicos from Russia who loves dogs and Holly from Taiwan who has family as this is the professional bio of the team) will sort this out, we users don't need to think about it
- don't make noise if you don't like what you see

This scam is getting more and more ridiculous and desperate, while the organizers of the scam are dumping the coin below ICO price, as they will surely receive the remaining 66% of the ICO from Bter, and therefore every BAY sell at any price is a pure profit for them.
altcoinUK

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:54:26 PM

Anyway, there is an interesting discussion in the BitBay thread and there are many rational arguments that point out why a decentralized market place (with the double escrow feature of David's Halo) would not work. And they haven't even started to discuss the main issue, that law enforcement agencies would shut down the whole thing.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:37:15 AM

Anyway, there is an interesting discussion in the BitBay thread and there are many rational arguments that point out why a decentralized market place (with the double escrow feature of David's Halo) would not work. And they haven't even started to discuss the main issue, that law enforcement agencies would shut down the whole thing.

A few people is starting to see the obvious. As for Halo itself (and NT), it is quite clear that they have no practical significant usability or BC would have rocketed a long time ago instead of keep on languishing at all time lows.

Zimbeck has clearly detached himself -although not yet on the official thread- from the BAY scam, stating clearly he was hired to do a job but he is NOT lead developer, as it is still presented https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880138.msg9716537#msg9716537. He will deliver the software he is contracted to deliver and that's the end of his commitment. People at BAY still is not aware of this and believe BAY is Zimbeck's coin. They will realize the truth momentarily and the scam will implode very, very quickly.

One of these days, some of these puerile, geeky developers is going to realize that the alt "economy" doesn't exist at all and that it does not cross over to the BTC economy -that exists and is growing... albeit at much slower pace than anticipated. Therefore to create tools for that (non-existent) "economy" is a total waste of time for it doesn't cross over to BTC's economy and it cannot be farther away from actual practical use in the real world.

Everyone and his aunt has thought the "wonderful idea" of creating a crypto e-Bay... they just "forget" that eBay's success is due to the simple fact that it has tens of millions of REAL BUYERS, while any "crypto-eBay" will have a few pot-smoking, no-money-and-living-in-their-patents'-garage 30 year old losers only interested in 4 things (in no particular order): Pot, masturbating, hacked video games and not working a single day in their lives. That's the average demographic in alts. Quite a customer base! No wonder merchants are not exactly trampling over each other to get a piece of that particular cake...
altcoinUK

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:22:51 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 02:06:55 PM by altcoinUK

A few people is starting to see the obvious. As for Halo itself (and NT), it is quite clear that they have no practical significant usability or BC would have rocketed a long time ago instead of keep on languishing at all time lows.

Zimbeck has clearly detached himself -although not yet on the official thread- from the BAY scam, stating clearly he was hired to do a job but he is NOT lead developer, as it is still presented https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880138.msg9716537#msg9716537. He will deliver the software he is contracted to deliver and that's the end of his commitment. People at BAY still is not aware of this and believe BAY is Zimbeck's coin. They will realize the truth momentarily and the scam will implode very, very quickly.

One of these days, some of these puerile, geeky developers is going to realize that the alt "economy" doesn't exist at all and that it does not cross over to the BTC economy -that exists and is growing... albeit at much slower pace than anticipated. Therefore to create tools for that (non-existent) "economy" is a total waste of time for it doesn't cross over to BTC's economy and it cannot be farther away from actual practical use in the real world.

Everyone and his aunt has thought the "wonderful idea" of creating a crypto e-Bay... they just "forget" that eBay's success is due to the simple fact that it has tens of millions of REAL BUYERS, while any "crypto-eBay" will have a few pot-smoking, no-money-and-living-in-their-patents'-garage 30 year old losers only interested in 4 things (in no particular order): Pot, masturbating, hacked video games and not working a single day in their lives. That's the average demographic in alts. Quite a customer base! No wonder merchants are not exactly trampling over each other to get a piece of that particular cake...

That's an interesting conversation between you and David.

Since he mentioned you that he had a long private chat with me, it's probably all right if I mention here that I've suggested him exactly the same as you have: in order to provide investors with the correct information about his roles and responsibilities in the BitBay project he must make clear for everyone that he is just a developer, a contractor instead of the organizer of the project. Otherwise everyone can rightly assume that he is one of the scammers. I said to him as well that investors put money into the project because of him, while (according to him) he has very little control over the destiny of the project. I suggested him to open a separate thread to make a statement about it. It seems he doesn't want to distance himself from the project organizers.

He came cross as a very civil and reasonable guy during our discussion, but it seems he can't make his mind up terms of how to communicate his roles on the BitBay project.

I hope the altcoin developers read you description of their user base and revise their business plans by taking into account that info :-))
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:36:51 PM

That's an interesting conversation between you and David.

Since he mentioned you that he had a long private chat with me, it's probably all right if I mention here that I've suggested him exactly the same as you have: in order to provide investors with the correct information about his roles and responsibilities in the BitBay project he must make clear for everyone that he is just a developer, a contractor instead of the organizer of the project. Otherwise everyone can rightly assume that he is one of the scammers. I said to him as well that investors put money into the project because of him, while (according to him) he has very little control over the destiny of the project. I suggested him to open a separate thread to make a statement about it. It seems he doesn't want to distance himself from the project organizers.

He came cross as a very civil and reasonable guy during our discussion, but it seems he can't make his mind up terms of how to communicate his roles on the BitBay project.

I hope the altcoin developers read you description of their user base and revise their business plans by taking into account that info :-))

I believe Zimbeck is not being truthful when stating his commitment to BitBAY, otherwise why would he not come out and clear his name and involvement completely? He may be in for a very significant amount of BAY as part of his compensation, otherwise it just doesn't make any sense at all for, by now, he KNOWS the details of the scam, whether he can prove it or not, so being ambiguous about it is trying to keep two doors open, in case worst case scenario materializes, when the actual reality is that he will shut them closed both and he will be the target of all the wrath when the rest of the shit hits the fan.

But BAY is only one problem. Zimbeck has Halo, which is ANOTHER problem for, realistically, it has no value nor purpose. The double deposit idea is simply laughable and the rest of the use-cases, in real life, are not just minimal but fully avoidable. And, tech-wise, Halo is to Ethereum -and others- what a park hacker is to Koby Bryant.

As for the alts user base, the demographics are a bit wider than that but I wanted to paint a clear picture so people understand why there's no progress in adoption. It's like trying to sell bikinis in the North Pole.
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 06:19:08 PM

Lol I went over to bitbay before even seeing this post and asked about the escrow, they treated me like a fucking idiot. But I raised real concern.

Well since its a community of dicks I am going to be a dick to them now.

Mr David zimbeck

1st red flag

Self
Actor / Singer / Entertainer
January 2000 – January 2011 (11 years 1 month)
Back in the day... best know for my role in "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" as a core pirate on site in Bahamas. I was also in a bunch of national commercials.

UPDATE: Lies he was not infact on pirates 2 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383574/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ql_1 look at list in alpha order.

2nd Red Flag

CEO
Outsourcing
January 2000 – Present (15 years)
I manage custom projects and teams of outsourcing from all around the world. I also have distributor relationships in various material and electronic companies from China and India.
Self

He is outsourcing all the stuff for bitbay I am sure... can you say backdoors?

School of Hard Knocks  
Street Smarts
Apr 1984 - Dec 2011

More coming as I find it.

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 06:35:05 PM

Deleted in 5 seconds of posting

I have a quick question for you MR Zimbeck, why are you not listed on the Pireat 2 cast and crew?
How come you are not listed on  Real estate broker Nelson Shelton & Associates whats your broker number?

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=32698654&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=TbHI&locale=en_US&srchid=2397408101417802681382&srchindex=2&srchtotal=2&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A2397408101417802681382%2CVSRPtargetId%3A32698654%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary
Are you outsourcing all this work? Can you say backdoors?

CEO
Outsourcing
January 2000 – Present (15 years)
I manage custom projects and teams of outsourcing from all around the world. I also have distributor relationships in various material and electronic companies from China and India.

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:46:25 PM

I would recommed you use this thread :https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880138.0, where you can have plenty of info on Zimbeck as well as his own explanations.

This WALL welcomes absolutely everybody and anything anyone wants to post but it would help keep things in order.

The scam that BAY obviously is, has already been posted here in some detail (and further on that other thread I just linked). The only other thing that should be noted is that the infamous Bobsurplus has surfaced on the BAY censored thread, which means he's involved if not, as I have been tipped, the "Chinese" connection, meaning the guy who hired Zimbeck to help perpetrate the scam.

More developments I am sure will come in in the next few hours and hence forward.

Regarding "Pirates 2" Zimbeck was an extra on it and extras don't get credited on IMDB. He likes to call it "glorified extra" but thare's nothing "glorifying" it: He was just an extra in the film.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: