Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:19:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Bittrex do a "clear database" to re-open on the good fork even if it means that people that have buy NJA on the wrong fork have pay BTC for nothing ?
Yes, re-open the market on the good fork - 24 (66.7%)
Yes, switch to the new fork but only for withdraw - 2 (5.6%)
No, i wan't to keep my billions of NJA on the wrong fork - 10 (27.8%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][X11][PoS only] NinjaCoin - Ninja Launch - Hard fork 1.2.2  (Read 69020 times)
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:15:11 PM

I sent 1 NJA, from Bittrex to my wallet, and the Withdrawal went fine, in 2 minutes.
Then I sent 53k NJA, but After 20 minutes I dont see the coin in the wallet.
The sync is finished.

It's normal?

Same here, even block explorer show both transactions, in wallet (1.2.2) synced @17634 has only 1st one Huh
I got your PM but answer you here, it can help everyone to share this story.

From what i see, the bad fork see your 2 transactions (official explorer on wrong fork now) and say it's ok. This is expected since bittrex is on the bad fork.
Now, why did you not have the 2nd withdraw in your good wallet is the question.

The X amount of coins you have send the 2nd time, where did they come from ? Have you buy them on bittrex after the block 14000 or did they stay into your bittrex wallet before block 14000 ? Or maybe a mix of pre block 14000 and and post block 14000 ?

From my understanding, even if bittrex is on the wrong chain, both good and wrong chain/fork share the same block from 1 to 14000.
That's why we can withdraw coins before block 14000 to the good wallet. Coins generated/earned on the wrong fork after block 14000 (13999 to be exact) can't be accepted by the good wallet. For people that have a mixed bag of "good coins" and some "bad coin" and send the whole bag in only one withdraw, i don't know what the expected result is.

Is there a blockchain expert here that can confirm this ?

Why don't you make an earlier, pre-hard fork version of the wallet available for the purpose of withdrawing from Bittrex?  Once they have the coins in their wallet.dat file they should be able to start using the new wallet and everything should be fine.
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:23:58 PM

Guys , my wallet v1.2.2 stucked on block 16381. Is that normal , or I missed something Smiley
Franky2010

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

Crypto enthusiast for years.

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:41:10 PM

All is fine here w wallet...wish be not that problem like was, Ninja was on way to any exchange...now is long way to go...but what I personaly like, is how DEV took this situation...yes, he did mistake, huge...but we still have DEV here and NINJA is still alive...

rudolsen

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:42:36 PM

I sent 1 NJA, from Bittrex to my wallet, and the Withdrawal went fine, in 2 minutes.
The sync is finished.

It's normal?

Same here, even block explorer show both transactions, in wallet (1.2.2) synced @17634 has only 1st one Huh

From what i see, the bad fork see your 2 transactions (official explorer on wrong fork now) and say it's ok. This is expected since bittrex is on the bad fork.

The X amount of coins you have send the 2nd time, where did they come from ? Have you buy them on bittrex after the block 14000 or did they stay into your bittrex wallet before block 14000 ? Or maybe a mix of pre block 14000 and and post block 14000 ?

From my understanding, even if bittrex is on the wrong chain, both good and wrong chain/fork share the same block from 1 to 14000.
That's why we can withdraw coins before block 14000 to the good wallet. Coins generated/earned on the wrong fork after block 14000 (13999 to be exact) can't be accepted by the good wallet. For people that have a mixed bag of "good coins" and some "bad coin" and send the whole bag in only one withdraw, i don't know what the expected result is.

Why don't you make an earlier, pre-hard fork version of the wallet available for the purpose of withdrawing from Bittrex?  Once they have the coins in their wallet.dat file they should be able to start using the new wallet and everything should be fine.

Coins are NOT in wallet.dat ..but with old wallet, I will send "bad coins" back to exchange (don't know if deposit is enable) and withdraw them in small amounts. Just joking.. others can do it by this way until all coins from prefork wallets/addresses will be empty.
cecilbdemented

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:50:15 PM

The sync is finished.

It's normal?

Coins are NOT in wallet.dat ..but with old wallet, I will send "bad coins" back to exchange (don't know if deposit is enable) and withdraw them in small amounts. Just joking.. others can do it by this way until all coins from prefork wallets/addresses will be empty.

I understand that your coins are not in wallet.dat, but if you were using an old version of the wallet on the same fork as Bittrex and let it sync completely, your coins should then be in your wallet.dat file and when you open the new wallet they will be there.
andrealandia
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:07:06 PM

so what can i do with my 600k coins on bittrex??? click on destroy button?
A user has reported successful withdraw for coins that was in his bittrex wallet before block 14000. You should give it a try with a very small amount first.

1.2.2 took a little while but it synced... just trying to do a repairwallet to see if it'll give me back the 2800 coins that went missing from my OG wallet

suprnova.cc seems to look good on 1.2.2 now, finding blocks too.

you might try to withdraw now if you have coins left there, mining should also be fine

Thanks, our second pool is up ! I'll update the OP.

About website, i have the domain name now. I'll post it soon once everything is done.

the wallet not work with windows 8.1....
please resolve

Try to do these steps:
-backup your wallet.dat
-reboot your computer
-remove the ninjacoin folder in user/app data/roaming/ninjacoin
-right click on ninjacoin-qt and set compatibility mode "XP SP3"
-start the wallet (let it make a new wallet, you can still copy/paste your wallet after)

On a side note, some user reported crash that may come from the "noise" of the wrong chain. Is your computer powerful enough ? If you have a old one it may crash sometimes until the wallet is full sync.

Edit:
I have make a test to withdraw some NJA from bittrex. I have buy them all before the block 14000 and they are confirmed in my wallet.

crash at block 4141
JohnBirco (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:11:04 PM

The sync is finished.

It's normal?

I understand that your coins are not in wallet.dat, but if you were using an old version of the wallet on the same fork as Bittrex and let it sync completely, your coins should then be in your wallet.dat file and when you open the new wallet they will be there.
I'm not sure this will work. When you copy the wallet.dat from the old wallet to the new wallet, i think there is a validation process of the wallet. The coins in the new wallet may just be rejected and not appear. And moving coins on the old chain can make things worse to get them on the new chain.

I can be wrong, i'm not a fork expert, it's not a situation we see often. The best is maybe withdraw small amout many times instead of one big.
It would be more easy if bittrex clone his wallet.dat into the new wallet and let people withdraw from this special wallet.
rudolsen

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:43:22 PM

I'm not sure this will work. When you copy the wallet.dat from the old wallet to the new wallet, i think there is a validation process of the wallet. The coins in the new wallet may just be rejected and not appear. And moving coins on the old chain can make things worse to get them on the new chain.

I can be wrong, i'm not a fork expert, it's not a situation we see often. The best is maybe withdraw small amout many times instead of one big.
It would be more easy if bittrex clone his wallet.dat into the new wallet and let people withdraw from this special wallet.

1. You're right, rejected.
2. This is what I think in first place, but what if some of trolls try withdraw their billions from preforket badget on bittrex. They will not check all users trade history (even 2sec script job) to eliminate trolls.

BTW. downloaded old wallet, synced and lost NJAs are back on exchange.. tried withdraw 250NJA (0.1%) and they are in new wallet/forked chain now =)
JohnBirco (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:59:04 PM

2. This is what I think in first place, but what if some of trolls try withdraw their billions from preforket badget on bittrex. They will not check all users trade history (even 2sec script job) to eliminate trolls.

BTW. downloaded old wallet, synced and lost NJAs are back on exchange.. tried withdraw 250NJA (0.1%) and they are in new wallet/forked chain now =)

I think if they copy the wallet.dat into a new wallet, the wallet will filter and reject every bad coins.
Users can after this withdraw the amount they see. (must still be confirmed if it work like this)
rudolsen

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:21:09 PM

I think if they copy the wallet.dat into a new wallet, the wallet will filter and reject every bad coins.
Users can after this withdraw the amount they see. (must still be confirmed if it work like this)

What you see in balance is not responding to amount of coin on deposit address.. they use them on first occasion if some one need to withdraw. Users which withdraw their NJAs to new fork are lucky: their deposit address was not used yet and system chose their own coins or they were lucky and system find (some algorithm to find group of addresses which balance is close to withdraw amount) address with coins from prefork for them. Till now tried different amounts and have some in new wallet and some in old to resend back to Ex but not happend that part of amount is from prefork and rest from badfork.
cecilbdemented

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:00:01 AM

I'm certainly no expert on this either but let me explain my thought process on this...

If you make a withdrawal from Bittrex, then open an old version of the wallet and let it sync the withdrawal from Bittrex should show up since they're on the same fork.  At the same time, the old wallet is going to mint millions of coins that are invalid on the new fork, and all of this will be stored in the wallet.dat file.

Once everything is synced and the withdrawal from Bittrex (valid coins) and the minted POS coins (invalid coins) are in the wallet.dat file, and you open up the newest wallet, the valid coins should show up in your new wallet and the invalid coins should be rejected.  That's the whole point of the hard fork, right?
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:21:09 AM

If someone want to sell ninja please PM me.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:38:13 AM

Since bittrex is out, any plans to try to get this on poloniex or C-cex?

shogun47

Activity: 1806
Merit: 555

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:54:47 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 02:46:10 AM by shogun47

Can't get rid of the runtime error on win 8.1 Tried the xp thing all of it. no matter what runtime. the wallet runs behind the error but as soon as i close the error it closes the wallet. WTF?

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
youaremysap

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

ddd

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:55:33 AM

If someone want to sell ninja please PM me.

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy.Tmw5zpNJvNFmxR5Vmkt7ptnaBwfJQGuqsh
otiscc

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:09:36 AM

is nja on an exchange anymore?

old wallet stuck on block 4244.  can i just download the new wallet and move my coins from bittrex into it?  i bought the coins on nja release day.
Oldriga

Activity: 434

Universal Life Church Minister

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:40:27 AM

Congrats POW Ended!!!
Just few seconds ago.

20000    Oldriga    06/18/2014 02:39:28

Youregonnalovetoday

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:51:10 AM

So I bought like a million nja as it was crashing because I thought the crash was due to @cryptocobain tweeting that he didn't know what NJA was. I was able to withdraw my coins to coinader or whatever it's called, but now I'm reading this and I have no idea if they're valid or not. Did I lose like 70% of my money here?
Oldriga

Activity: 434

Universal Life Church Minister

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:56:01 AM

So I bought like a million nja as it was crashing because I thought the crash was due to @cryptocobain tweeting that he didn't know what NJA was. I was able to withdraw my coins to coinader or whatever it's called, but now I'm reading this and I have no idea if they're valid or not. Did I lose like 70% of my money here?
I think Yes. Millions of Ninjas on Bitrex and Poloniex from bad Blockchain.

naroko

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:02:17 AM

I bought a lot of NJA before June 17th
But before I didn't download Wallet
The BITTREX problem
I downloaded the wallet
Update my wallet purse wallet from BITTREX to spin a coin is what is not
This question should be how to solve
How do I get my NJA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: