Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The penny has yet to drop on Qora.  (Read 3187 times)
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:28:54 PM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

nothing i said should have led to this reply. do yourself a favor and stop replying. your making qora look bad with your childish behavior. you have no right to act justiful and protector of qora. especially since a lot of other people have invested into this coin. You are hurting them with your posts.

btw i said "this" post doesnt make me want to look up qora. I am following the proper qora thread closely and analyzing it.

Stop responding childishly and think twice before you make a coin supported by tons of people look bad!

+1 That exactly what I mean, if you want to promote qora find other way, you are damaging the rest of investors, I understant you are in your right to speak as you want, we are only giving you an advice, and please, don't answer us this way, not everyone here is looking into pump and dumps Wink
Exergy

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:35:29 PM

nothing i said should have led to this reply. do yourself a favor and stop replying. your making qora look bad with your childish behavior. you have no right to act justiful and protector of qora. especially since a lot of other people have invested into this coin. You are hurting them with your posts.

btw i said "this" post doesnt make me want to look up qora. I am following the proper qora thread closely and analyzing it.

Stop responding childishly and think twice before you make a coin supported by tons of people look bad!

+1 That exactly what I mean, if you want to promote qora find other way, you are damaging the rest of investors, I understant you are in your right to speak as you want, we are only giving you an advice, and please, don't answer us this way, not everyone here is looking into pump and dumps Wink

+1 All you do is put me off.
gorillajam (OP)

Activity: 98

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:52:49 PM

+1 All you do is put me off.

You've mistaken me for someone who is trying to persuade you to do something rather than someone who is trying to tell you something.

I couldn't give a rats ass if you hate Qora and never buy a single coin.

Do you think poor marketing could destroy Bitcoin or NXT?  they rose in spite of negative opinion. Qora will be no different.

You guys are literally blinded and drunk on shitcoins you don't know up from down when something real comes along. How can anyone be taken seriously with Karmacoin in their signature, what a bunch of stupid sorry dicks you are. Oh you put me off Qora! where's my handbag.

I genuinely hope you don't buy cause then I can revisit this thread and laugh MY FUCKING ASS OFF AT YOU.

lopalcar

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:03:59 PM

You've mistaken me for someone who is trying to persuade you of something rather than someone who is trying to tell you something.

Do you think poor marketing could destroy Bitcoin or NXT?  they rose in spite of negative opinion. Qora will be no different.

You guys are literally blinded and drunk on shitcoins you don't know up from down when something real comes along. How can anyone be taken seriously with Karmacoin in their signature, what a bunch of stupid sorry dicks you are. Oh you put me off Qora! where's my handbag.

I genuinely hope you don't buy cause then I can revisit this thread and laugh MY FUCKING ASS OFF AT YOU.

For you information, I invested in Qora IPO and didn't sold a single coin, only gived away to some friends one million or so, and I wouldn't sell any Qora till see the potential in it once new features become implemented, the same I have a stake in nxt and wouldn't sell them because I think it's even more usefull than fiat "or at least I hope it becomes more usefull in short-mid term"
If qora sucess the same as nxt, I will have more money from Qora than from nxt, so I'm interested in qora success more than you think.
Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:06:25 PM

The thing that puts me off most about Qora is the community, it has to be the worst of any coin I have seen so far. From the 'LOL HODL TILL 500 GUYZ' to the in-fighting to the shit talking about other coins, it's just absolute joke and that's without even mentioning smagrada.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:10:02 PM

Maybe because people have had enough of coins now. It's been a constant influx of new coins and 'new code' just doesn't impress that much any more. 'New code' just by itself doesn't mean much. It has to be features that no other coin has implemented yet. People don't care about code, they need features. Better if those features are stable without major bugs.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:12:23 PM

You've mistaken me for someone who is trying to persuade you of something rather than someone who is trying to tell you something.

Do you think poor marketing could destroy Bitcoin or NXT?  they rose in spite of negative opinion. Qora will be no different.

For you information, I invested in Qora IPO and didn't sold a single coin, only gived away to some friends one million or so, and I wouldn't sell any Qora till see the potential in it once new features become implemented, the same I have a stake in nxt and wouldn't sell them because I think it's even more usefull than fiat "or at least I hope it becomes more usefull in short-mid term"
If qora sucess the same as nxt, I will have more money from Qora than from nxt, so I'm interested in qora success more than you think.

Then you should know marketing, hype, guys going crazy on forums, FUD, lies, bugs, or anything is gonna stop qora being a success. If only people woke up to reality and recognize quality coins always rise in the end to the top of Coinmarketcap. You wouldnt be all worried about how me, some lone guy spouts off about it.

The biggest problem Qora has right now is no one really knows what it is or are talking about it. They think its a clone or a fork of NXT. The main thread is a ghost town, no posts for hours on end, while shitty coins have posts every minute. As a community we need to start talking about it on the forum.

gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:14:07 PM

Maybe because people have had enough of coins now. It's been a constant influx of new coins and 'new code' just doesn't impress that much any more. 'New code' just by itself doesn't mean much. It has to be features that no other coin has implemented yet. People don't care about code, they need features. Better if those features are stable without major bugs.

They had had enough of clones and junk its true, so have I. Which is why Qora is something different.

devphp

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:15:15 PM

They had had enough of clones and junk its true, so have I. Which is why Qora is something different.

Which feature of Qora is unique?
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:16:34 PM

The thing that puts me off most about Qora is the community, it has to be the worst of any coin I have seen so far. From the 'LOL HODL TILL 500 GUYZ' to the in-fighting to the shit talking about other coins, it's just absolute joke and that's without even mentioning smagrada.

The thread is actually very productive and a nice atmosphere. In the last week we had a ton of crap coming from one guy with multiple sock puppets who quite honestly seems a bit insane. Otherwise there has been no major disagreements or arguments on there. We are in good company, the last time I saw a thread like it was NXT.

lopalcar

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:20:16 PM

Then you should know marketing, hype, guys going crazy on forums, FUD, lies, bugs, or anything is gonna stop qora being a success. If only people woke up to reality and recognize quality coins always rise in the end to the top of Coinmarketcap. You wouldnt be all worried about how me, some lone guy spouts off about it.

The biggest problem Qora has right now is no one really knows what it is or are talking about it. They think its a clone or a fork of NXT. The main thread is a ghost town, no posts for hours on end, while shitty coins have posts every minute. As a community we need to start talking about it on the forum.

I agree with you in many things, but also think that you have to be bit more educated Smiley
Good coins will rise yes, but don't need to call many people retarded or symilar, they have right "and even obligation" to get money from pump and dump shitcoins if they can so then they can buy Qora  Kiss
I doubt so much people are convinced that some bitcoins clone will become something one day, and me, prefear so much that they make the pumps and dumps in other shitcoins instead of in qora or nxt Smiley
Qora dev seems a capable guy more worried about the code than about marketing, let him work and once we have more material to promote qora and it's really stable, money will come.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:26:27 PM

Money is not about gimmicks. What did FB do that Myspace didnt?

Its a new code, so the fact we have some overlap of functions is cause those are the functions people have been discussing and asking for for the last few years. Like I said you are looking at this from a Shitcoin perspective where you want some monkey playing cymbals to make it interesting.

its a new code so its like comparing a Jaguar and a mini and saying they do the same thing so they are the same, Or Android and OS and saying the same thing.

What it has over NXT is implementation. So far the wallet has worked sooo much better tha NXT ever did at this stage. There will be an asset exchange and I'm expecting it to be implemented in a way that is user friendly. The hope is to add anonymity later too.

Whats under the hood of Qora you will have to ask specifics to the developer. Qora has said the focus is on being able to build future developments ontop of Qora.

Here is the key though. The truth is as an original code it has a right to run alongside NXT as an alternative to it. No one is ever gonna put a NXT clone over NXT but a completely new code with similar functions. It is a natural competitor and so should be seen as a real contender, no pump and dump but a genuine stab at being a currency that blows up bigger than even Bitcoin.

devphp

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:32:24 PM

Money is not about gimmicks. What did FB do that Myspace didnt?

Its a new code, so the fact we have some overlap of functions is cause those are the functions people have been discussing and asking for for the last few years. Like I said you are looking at this from a Shitcoin perspective where you want some monkey playing cymbals to make it interesting.

its a new code so its like comparing a Jaguar and a mini and saying they do the same thing so they are the same, Or Android and OS and saying the same thing.

What it has over NXT is implementation. So far the wallet has worked sooo much better tha NXT ever did at this stage. There will be an asset exchange and I'm expecting it to be implemented in a way that is user friendly. The hope is to add anonymity later too.

Whats under the hood of Qora you will have to ask specifics to the developer. Qora has said the focus is on being able to build future developments ontop of Qora.

Here is the key though. The truth is as an original code it has a right to run alongside NXT as an alternative to it. No one is ever gonna put a NXT clone over NXT but a completely new code with similar functions. It is a natural competitor and so should be seen as a real contender, no pump and dump but a genuine stab at being a currency that blows up bigger than even Bitcoin.

Yeah, ok, I don't know about myspace and FB, never used any of those, can't tell.

I wish Qora success, I'll buy some if the price is right. I think it's expensive right now for what it offers. Having an alternative to NXT is a good idea, provided that it can take off. Qora is way behind NXT though, and if there is only 1 developer working on it, he'll have to borrow NXT's code a lot or be hopelessly left behind even more. There are a few devs working on NXT and only one on Qora, there is no magic, you have to produce code, debug it, test everything, it takes a lot of time. So it'd be best if Qora borrowed NXT's code, otherwise it won't see a lot of progress.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:09:52 PM

Qora is young. But who is smart, buys Qoras under 500 Satoshi (10x from today), as well as buying NXT under 100,000 Satoshi (8x from today) so if you compare them to Bitcoin, since Bitcoin will rise also 10x, Qora and Nxt will rise 100x compared to USD within next 8 months
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:11:41 PM

Qora is young. But who is smart, buys Qoras under 500 Satoshi (10x from today), as well as buying NXT under 100,000 Satoshi (8x from today) so if you compare them to Bitcoin, since Bitcoin will rise also 10x, Qora and Nxt will rise 100x compared to USD within next 8 months

u forgot that NEM will steal the largest share of marketcap from all the coins u mentioned making ur calculations useless piotr

Kora

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:31:41 AM

If you are uncertain about investing your hard earned bitcoins into Qora, consider Kora, a clone of Qora - 100% free distribution to ~3,000 users.

Kora is a 'whale' free zone - we reject IPO's that result in 137 whales!

- Registration webapp currently under construction
- No sockpuppets
- Developer stakes for compensation, NO IPO, NO SCAM
- Power bounties to community members

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0

Registrations will open approx end of June 2014.

Kora stake tokens will be issued on the NXT AE as an interim measure while we wait for the Qora source code to be released.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 03:51:45 AM

Also, how many coins did the dev give himself? Can we see it in the blockchain?

It was a pure POS, people sent in BTC, anyone could send in as much as they wanted. So the developer actually had as much power to have coins as anyone else who wanted to invest. He extended one more week after the beta client was released cause there was only like 30btc at that point. If he wanted to have more then it would of made sense to end it then.

You can't be fairer than that really. There was NO WAY for him to scam more coins than anyone else.

Yes, The payments are in the blockchain yes and a google doc. They haven't moved I don't think.

Again my impression is he doesn't care about money much.  

Dude can you actually read the OP before you ask questions that are covered in it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.0

So the developer doesn't care about money?  The thing is, that worries me a little bit.  I mean in a perfect world, that is exactly what I want to hear.  This crypto world is not perfect though. 

The problem is that Qora has one developer who doesn't care about what other people think and doesn't care about money.  He is writing code for the fun of it.  NXT has thirty developers that do care about money and do consider what other people think.  The NXT developers want money so much they are trying hard to make it as good as possible. 

Who wins?  The small single farmer at the farmers market who just loves his organic and high quality produce and doesn't care about money, or Walmart who only cares about margins and money? 

In a perfect world, I say the organic farmer at the farmers market, but in reality Walmart wins.

This isn't exactly the same and the argument isn't fair because digital goods can be reproduced over and over, not like tomatoes where each one has to be grown separately.   But the parallel is the same when a big  organized bunch of first comers go up against a small and lonely new comer.  Sometimes David does beat Goliath, but many a man become poor betting on the David's of the world.

devphp

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:58:33 AM

...since Bitcoin will rise also 10x...

are you sure? Smiley
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:33:38 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 05:54:29 AM by Breasal

Sometimes David does beat Goliath, but many a man become poor betting on the David's of the world.

So don't buy. Simple as that. Stay in your box with Walmart and don't be progressive at all!

It amazes me how many people in the crypto world want to make money but don't know how to risk anything.

BTW - Qora did purchase qora in the beginning. So he is invested...you missed the point. He is focused on developing Qora not marketing or other aspects. I'd much rather have a dev in this seat than doing every last thing. In the end, the same as with nxt, the community is what will bring qora ahead but a dev like qora is far superior to other scenarios.

BTW2 - More devs will come on board, again as with nxt, to increase development. BCNxt was the only dev involved with the launch of NXT so your premiss is severely flawed.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:05:28 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 06:16:31 AM by gorillajam

Also, how many coins did the dev give himself? Can we see it in the blockchain?

It was a pure POS, people sent in BTC, anyone could send in as much as they wanted. So the developer actually had as much power to have coins as anyone else who wanted to invest. He extended one more week after the beta client was released cause there was only like 30btc at that point. If he wanted to have more then it would of made sense to end it then.

You can't be fairer than that really. There was NO WAY for him to scam more coins than anyone else.

Yes, The payments are in the blockchain yes and a google doc. They haven't moved I don't think.

Again my impression is he doesn't care about money much.  

Dude can you actually read the OP before you ask questions that are covered in it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.0

So the developer doesn't care about money?  The thing is, that worries me a little bit.  I mean in a perfect world, that is exactly what I want to hear.  This crypto world is not perfect though.  

The problem is that Qora has one developer who doesn't care about what other people think and doesn't care about money.  He is writing code for the fun of it.  NXT has thirty developers that do care about money and do consider what other people think.  The NXT developers want money so much they are trying hard to make it as good as possible.  

Who wins?  The small single farmer at the farmers market who just loves his organic and high quality produce and doesn't care about money, or Walmart who only cares about margins and money?  

In a perfect world, I say the organic farmer at the farmers market, but in reality Walmart wins.

This isn't exactly the same and the argument isn't fair because digital goods can be reproduced over and over, not like tomatoes where each one has to be grown separately.   But the parallel is the same when a big  organized bunch of first comers go up against a small and lonely new comer.  Sometimes David does beat Goliath, but many a man become poor betting on the David's of the world.

he has made 8 updates to the wallet in a few weeks.(who is known for doing that we know? Cheesy I would say he is pretty committed.

I'm not sure the idea of market forces are relevant to some developers. They are a funny breed, some really do love to code and create things. Qora has said he is committed to the project and so far has shown that. In the end he knows he is only the developer, at some point all developers sign off and leave the project to the community, just like NXT and Bitcoin. And yeah I'm sure he has some BTC invested along with the other stakeholders.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: