Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984188 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:29:16 PM

How would it be messy and complex? If the silver/gold coin thing dosnt go ahead just send out the fund to the original stake holders just as they did with genesis block

People who failed to redeem coming out of the woodwork again. People who don't have access to their stake address any more having a moan.

I don't think it sends a very forward looking message but I certainly wouldn't object all the same. Original stakeholders should be legends of the past.

Somewhat agree, it'd be cool to have the silvercoin project executed but I can see the problem of who's who of the stakeholders arise again.

Maybe best just to roll it up into the community fund or lump it with the supernode program or what not.   

Foundation could also use it to better entice companies to develop on the platform...  no shortage of ideas I guess. 

You can read a summary description of fund uses here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TKTIakxUEotmTN4Et80EI7d-8XifgFZ4aBUGAukgLfY/edit#heading=h.xchkdqowarsb

I would vote to have it rolled into the supernode fund to strengthen that program.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:31:01 PM

How would it be messy and complex? If the silver/gold coin thing dosnt go ahead just send out the fund to the original stake holders just as they did with genesis block

People who failed to redeem coming out of the woodwork again. People who don't have access to their stake address any more having a moan.

I don't think it sends a very forward looking message but I certainly wouldn't object all the same. Original stakeholders should be legends of the past.

So I am Legend?  Cool
targetmlrd

Activity: 588
Merit: 530

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 10:31:32 PM

What is that but in my portfolio XEM is very pleased with its growth in value and term of realization technology and demonstrate how its in the banking sector in Japan, I think this share in my portfolio will give a good profit in 2017
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:43:50 PM

Im an original stakeholder who claimed my stake and am here loyal from day #1.

Im not going anywhere either.

Dont think "legend" is the right term lol

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:46:54 PM

Am i disqualified as a result my recent sex change sweetie?

A ninja distribution of the fund to all original stakeholders with an announcement here would be nice. As you said, a lot are long gone which would be like a semi burn.  

Not at all. I support your transition all the way but sadly one's interest in cryptocurrency gets lost in that hormonal swirl. Believe me, I know.

I think we're kind of past doing anything involving original stakeholders any more. It would be too messy and complex.

I think it would be very possible to distribute those funds to the original stakeholders, perhaps make a way for people to claim within a 12 month window, but for all those that dumped its pretty easy to see if any of the genesis accounts still contain funds.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:55:18 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 01:29:44 AM by gentlemand

So I am Legend?  Cool

Yes. In the aeons to come you will be spoken of with reverence.

I think it would be very possible to distribute those funds to the original stakeholders, perhaps make a way for people to claim within a 12 month window, but for all those that dumped its pretty easy to see if any of the genesis accounts still contain funds.

What does enriching people who've already been enriched achieve? It should go towards getting new people on board - faucets, promos, contest, advertising.
Alohaboy?!

Merit: 506

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:27:46 AM

A ninja distribution of the fund to all original stakeholders with an announcement here would be nice. As you said, a lot are long gone which would be like a semi burn.  

Not at all. I support your transition all the way but sadly one's interest in cryptocurrency gets lost in that hormonal swirl. Believe me, I know.

I think we're kind of past doing anything involving original stakeholders any more. It would be too messy and complex.

I think the good idea behind this could be to generate more supernodes if sometime needed. With the extra fund every original stakeholder would be able to run one.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:03:53 AM

I think the good idea behind this could be to generate more supernodes if sometime needed. With the extra fund every original stakeholder would be able to run one.

I kind of agree with this point.

I want to run a supernode and have now got a nice fibre connection.

I could have dumped my nem on each pump cycle and bought back cheaper, but rather than be greedy and speculate, I was looking long term, yes I could have got enough to run a node (or even several nodes), but I didnt want to take that risk and ive been holding from day one, like a few have going by looking at the genesis block.

Now with the price XEM is currently, its so ironic that I cant afford to buy the difference needed to run a supernode.

If there is enough funds to distribute to each stakeholder, I think that is fair, but could be a cause of controversy, so would need full community agreement.

The dumpers have long since gone.

dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:07:37 AM

XEM supernode is too costly to setup now

We need cheap XEM

Also banks would prefer cheap XEM
Alohaboy?!

Merit: 506

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:24:32 AM

I kind of agree with this point.

I want to run a supernode and have now got a nice fibre connection.

I could have dumped my nem on each pump cycle and bought back cheaper, but rather than be greedy and speculate, I was looking long term, yes I could have got enough to run a node (or even several nodes), but I didnt want to take that risk and ive been holding from day one, like a few have going by looking at the genesis block.

Now with the price XEM is currently, its so ironic that I cant afford to buy the difference needed to run a supernode.

If there is enough funds to distribute to each stakeholder, I think that is fair, but could be a cause of controversy, so would need full community agreement.

The dumpers have long since gone.

Yes I also think most people who wanted to dump already did it. And a lot of people lost their keys or failed to redeem etc.
The amount of people really holding since genesis AND having access to their stake should be not that high.

To reward those with the possibility to run a node, is in some kind the something similar as the Silvercoin reward program.
The higher the price gets, the more people will be against this, what I actually can  understand.
AntiNoise

Activity: 143
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:29:40 PM

Mmhh.... don´t forget the steakholders, they use the xem to support the network, test and use the wallet´s etc.  - .....I personally think, we should use 60 % of this XEM to invest in the future of nem - development, promotion(Fintech Exhibitions), etc. 
.... that´s the best way for all nembers ( including steakholders  Smiley ) !

The other 40% = original steakholder (maybe a silver coin)

The other question is : "When"  Huh
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:37:43 PM

Mmhh.... don´t forget the steakholders, they use the xem to support the network, test and use the wallet´s etc.  - .....I personally think, we should use 60 % of this XEM to invest in the future of nem - development, promotion(Fintech Exhibitions), etc. 

I think it's a good idea to distribute the silver/gold funds to the original stake holders we've waited long enough for them. we could use it to start up supernodes. I definately would start one. We were here from the beginning testing and trying out the kinks on the early versions. We're not goin nowhere
I along with other true believers want to see XEM (our NEM) succeed. So Let start a conversation about silver/gold funds be distributed to the original stake holders at least to those who can still pvovide their tokens. Thanks DEVS for the great work. Keep strong nembers Grin
bitpszemek

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 07:51:21 PM

Hi guys, I just want you to know that I sell some of my books and the XEM is preffered payment metod (:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262837688846
gbcholgi

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:58:52 PM

yes we waited long for the silver coin!
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:13:31 PM

I think it's a good idea to distribute the silver/gold funds to the original stake holders we've waited long enough for them. we could use it to start up supernodes. I definately would start one. We were here from the beginning testing and trying out the kinks on the early versions. We're not goin nowhere
I along with other true believers want to see XEM (our NEM) succeed. So Let start a conversation about silver/gold funds be distributed to the original stake holders at least to those who can still pvovide their tokens. Thanks DEVS for the great work. Keep strong nembers Grin

Yes i agree!

Anyway with the silver coins, i couldn't care less anymore.

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:16:46 PM

I would like to see some more brainstorming for proof of concept ideas on the NEM blockchain.

The more services like Apostille and Landstead, the more eyes will look to NEM

BTW: whatever happened to crypto apex? 
https://forum.nem.io/t/crypto-apexs-application-second-round/1564/3

This is way behind schedule  Tongue

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 08:29:57 PM

Mmhh.... don´t forget the steakholders, they use the xem to support the network, test and use the wallet´s etc.  - .....I personally think, we should use 60 % of this XEM to invest in the future of nem - development, promotion(Fintech Exhibitions), etc.  
.... that´s the best way for all nembers ( including steakholders  Smiley ) !

The other question is : "When"  Huh

Yes i agree!

Anyway with the silver coins, i couldn't care less anymore.

it makes sense to think about collectible silver or gold coins NEM with a denomination of 100, 1000, 10000 NEM and about the special gifts of these coins account holders in the future with 10000, 100000, 1000000+, respectively
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:17:37 AM

I really don't see why original stakeholders should be pandered to in any way whatsoever. They've either blown it or reaped the rewards already. It would make NEM look like a closed shop to benefit a small inner circle. It would be like Satoshi handing out his stash to the handful of cpu miners while everyone else looks on in disgust.

If there is a gesture to be made with those funds then it should be an inclusive one.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:03:48 AM

I really don't see why original stakeholders should be pandered to in any way whatsoever. They've either blown it or reaped the rewards already. It would make NEM look like a closed shop to benefit a small inner circle. It would be like Satoshi handing out his stash to the handful of cpu miners while everyone else looks on in disgust.

If there is a gesture to be made with those funds then it should be an inclusive one.

Its a hard one, the funds were put aside for all the original stakeholders.
Thats what the silver coins were intended  for.

As others mention, its a waste of funds to share it around all those accounts, when many are dead.
Perhaps a more fair way would be to lower the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode to the original amount of 1 stake of XEM and then put that fund into the pool of funds for supernode rewards?

yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:47:45 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 08:05:51 AM by yshin365new

Its a hard one, the funds were put aside for all the original stakeholders.
Thats what the silver coins were intended  for.

As others mention, its a waste of funds to share it around all those accounts, when many are dead.
Perhaps a more fair way would be to lower the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode to the original amount of 1 stake of XEM and then put that fund into the pool of funds for supernode rewards?
I am not running a supernode.
But I am against the heavy lowering the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode, it will cause the dumping (3 million minus newly adjusted) XEM and lowering the price of XEM.
Even if the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode shoule be lowered, it should be done little by little slowly/gradually reflecting tho rising of XEM price.

P.S.) At any rate, i believe the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode will be lowered gradually according to the rising of XEM price.
 Because supernode program is not an everlasting program, if it stops abruptly at a certain time, it will cause a big dumping XEM.
So, the best way is gradual lowering the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode.
Pages: « 1 ... 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: