Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:51:17 AM

I think it's a good idea to distribute the silver/gold funds to the original stake holders we've waited long enough for them. we could use it to start up supernodes. I definately would start one. We were here from the beginning testing and trying out the kinks on the early versions. We're not goin nowhere
I along with other true believers want to see XEM (our NEM) succeed. So Let start a conversation about silver/gold funds be distributed to the original stake holders at least to those who can still pvovide their tokens. Thanks DEVS for the great work. Keep strong nembers Grin

I really don't see why original stakeholders should be pandered to in any way whatsoever. They've either blown it or reaped the rewards already. It would make NEM look like a closed shop to benefit a small inner circle. It would be like Satoshi handing out his stash to the handful of cpu miners while everyone else looks on in disgust.

If there is a gesture to be made with those funds then it should be an inclusive one.

Because when everyone else was laughing at NEM, we stood by.

Everyone had a chance to become an original stake holder, some even got in for free.

Besides those funds were voted on by the community at the time and everyone agreed to hold on to them in a community fund. We all threw BTC at NEM with the intention of having the original funds shared amongst the original investors, this is not a charity.

Now what each individual original stake holder decides to do with their share, is completely up to them.

Also, just because they are not vocal in the closed community that is BTCtalk does not mean those original stakeholders do not exist. Many of them just left it as a forgotten investment and are waiting news from the members who acted as their representatives on NEM ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tontsa74

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 08:20:47 AM

P.S.) At any rate, i believe the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode will be lowered gradually according to the rising of XEM price.
 Because supernode program is not an everlasting program, it it stops abruptly at a certain time, it will cause a big dumping XEM.
So, the best way is gradual lowering the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode.

yes, if lower it average 2000xem/day, it would be 0 after 4years.
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 08:22:43 AM

I think it's a good idea to distribute the silver/gold funds to the original stake holders we've waited long enough for them. we could use it to start up supernodes. I definately would start one. We were here from the beginning testing and trying out the kinks on the early versions. We're not goin nowhere
I along with other true believers want to see XEM (our NEM) succeed. So Let start a conversation about silver/gold funds be distributed to the original stake holders at least to those who can still pvovide their tokens. Thanks DEVS for the great work. Keep strong nembers Grin

I really don't see why original stakeholders should be pandered to in any way whatsoever. They've either blown it or reaped the rewards already. It would make NEM look like a closed shop to benefit a small inner circle. It would be like Satoshi handing out his stash to the handful of cpu miners while everyone else looks on in disgust.

If there is a gesture to be made with those funds then it should be an inclusive one.

Everyone had a chance to become an original stake holder, some even got in for free.

Besides those funds were voted on by the community at the time and everyone agreed to hold on to them in a community fund. We all threw BTC at NEM with the intention of having the original funds shared amongst the original investors, this is not a charity.

Now what each individual original stake holder decides to do with their share, is completely up to them.

Also, just because they are not vocal in the closed community that is BTCtalk does not mean those original stakeholders do not exist. Many of them just left it as a forgotten investment and are waiting news from the members who acted as their representatives on NEM ICO.

As discussed before, it is not easy job and there should be trusted person/group to do it (make/share silver coins or
assets). Assets would propably have a positive impact overall. I would propose voting by original stakeholders if
someone will give better idea for the use of the fund.
Voting should not be so difficult 😃😃😃 We have the best voting system in the world!!!
BUT...first things first, C A T A P U L T..
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 09:33:54 AM

Actually change supernode minimum is a good idea! But only in case, then it will be increased Grin 83k in month will be nice. 4m xem in jan 2018 to run a node.

In this case, I will not worry about the xem price.

And one more:
community voted to give permission use all xem funds to dev team.
So take yours sweaty hands off what you do not own Grin
targetmlrd

Activity: 588
Merit: 530

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 09:51:22 AM

Watching today are trading on Poloniex, which the whale wants to buy more very cheap of NEM, it is such a remarkable manipulation, lower price that would have to buy tokens at 600sat, that I can even think that we will see 20 or even 30 cents per 1 NEM!
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:57:55 AM

I would agree that we could distribute that funds that suppose to be distributed to original shareholders should be.
Give all of them some window time frame to redeem.
Because we have to many dead accounts so it should be done by pm send from original account that has 2.3m XEM on it.
With pm we will have votes like:
1) we want silver coin and rest distributed between share holders
2) we want make 50% dev fund / 50% with unused XEM (lost keys ext)
3) nuclear option send funds to ALL accounts
 even to those who lost priv keys

We can discuss questions and give people bigger time window like  (year/six months) in year it can many things happened
all those who wanted dump are already gone so investors should not worry to much about that.

If orginal share holdrs didn't dumped their share during ride from 30 >> 3000 sat they are true believers Smiley

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:29:41 AM

If orginal share holdrs didn't dumped their share during ride from 30 >> 3000 sat they are true believers Smiley

I must be one of them! I was told I was stupid for holding mine!
 Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 11:44:10 AM

I would agree that we could distribute that funds that suppose to be distributed to original shareholders should be.
Because we have to many dead accounts so it should be done by pm send from original account that has 2.3m XEM on it.

We can discuss questions and give people bigger time window like  (year/six months) in year it can many things happened
all those who wanted dump are already gone so investors should not worry to much about that.

all this manipulation by speculators, and we see no marketing, no distribution, no growth in the news

how will the platform, having 2000 accounts, hoping to number one in the crypto continual speculation, all kind of research without using in your life
mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 11:48:08 AM

I must be one of them! I was told I was stupid for holding mine!
 Cheesy

Same here :-) but @3000 it was very hard not to sell, afterwards i should have sell i guess, missed some nice proffit there. But i believe NEM will be bigger and bigger.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:57:39 PM

all this manipulation by speculators, and we see no marketing, no distribution, no growth in the news

how will the platform, having 2000 accounts, hoping to number one in the crypto continual speculation, all kind of research without using in your life

So is there growth in number of accounts or no, can someone make a chart of number of accounts in time? It is quite important to know if there is any adoption or just speculation on exchanges.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Sh1n

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:40:26 PM

... I think it's a good idea to distribute the silver/gold funds to the original stake holders we've waited long enough for them ....

I really don't see why original stakeholders should be pandered to in any way whatsoever. They've either blown it or reaped the rewards already. It would make NEM look like a closed shop to benefit a small inner circle. ...

Yep. Well said, LemonAndFriesOne. I am one of the original stakeholders and I am still here. Waiting patiently. Watching NEM grows and following the news regularly. Since day 1. Do you realize how long ago that was? I'm here for long-term investments. Please, do not disregard the stakeholders that truly believe in NEM and have supported all these years.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:12:12 PM

This would mean a market cap of 2-3 billion USD. This is not impossible if NEM development keep the boat steady.
I am personally convinced that NEM will hit the one billion marketcap mark any time soon.

Watching today are trading on Poloniex, which the whale wants to buy more very cheap of NEM, it is such a remarkable manipulation, lower price that would have to buy tokens at 600sat, that I can even think that we will see 20 or even 30 cents per 1 NEM!
randombit
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:09:36 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 03:36:33 PM by randombit

Its a hard one, the funds were put aside for all the original stakeholders.
Thats what the silver coins were intended  for.

As others mention, its a waste of funds to share it around all those accounts, when many are dead.
Perhaps a more fair way would be to lower the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode to the original amount of 1 stake of XEM and then put that fund into the pool of funds for supernode rewards?
I am not running a supernode.
But I am against the heavy lowering the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode, it will cause the dumping (3 million minus newly adjusted) XEM and lowering the price of XEM.
Even if the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode shoule be lowered, it should be done little by little slowly/gradually reflecting tho rising of XEM price.

P.S.) At any rate, i believe the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode will be lowered gradually according to the rising of XEM price.
 Because supernode program is not an everlasting program, if it stops abruptly at a certain time, it will cause a big dumping XEM.
So, the best way is gradual lowering the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode.

I agree yshin, whats important is to make sure that enough supernodes are still active even with higher XEM prices, its possible that some current supernode supporter will leave if they could make a million with one click. So, making sure that the System will stay strong and maybe stronger  when time pass is to lower barriers, and wasnt that the original tought of NEM? A Fair distributed System for all partipicants, and not another one for very few persons.

@nzminer your suggestion is rewarding existing supernodes more than other user/  ,  i dont see any barrier how to distribute silvercoins,  1 method could be sending a persmission asset to all original Stakeholders adresses, if the stakholder sends back the permission asset he or she will recieve a silvercoin asset, this could be also an automatic progress,  dont see any barriers for that.  OR just splitt the community Fund and send another amound of NEM instead of silvercoin, could be voted.  

Right now the community Fund holds a total percentage of 31% of NEM which means approx. 3Billion XEM! Splitted in following..

NIS NODE REWARDS 9%
SILVERCOIN DISTRIBUTION 9%
COMMUNITY FUND 13%

That means a total of approx 900million of XEM had been safed as Silvercoin Asset Distribution, and that was a consens from Beginning! And should be distributed to all Stakeholders! How and when had to be discussed instead to try changing the rules.

EDIT: Unclaimed approx. 200m XEM/silvercoins could be used for supernode programm or splitted to claimed accounts.

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:11:07 PM

As others mention, its a waste of funds to share it around all those accounts, when many are dead.
Perhaps a more fair way would be to lower the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode to the original amount of 1 stake of XEM and then put that fund into the pool of funds for supernode rewards?
But I am against the heavy lowering the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode, it will cause the dumping (3 million minus newly adjusted) XEM and lowering the price of XEM.
Even if the amount of XEM needed to run a supernode shoule be lowered, it should be done little by little slowly/gradually reflecting tho rising of XEM price.

Because supernode program is not an everlasting program, if it stops abruptly at a certain time, it will cause a big dumping XEM.

I agree yshin, whats important is to make sure that enough supernodes are still active even with higher XEM prices, its possible that some current supernode supporter will leave if they could make a million with one click. So, making sure that the System will stay strong and maybe stronger  when time pass is to lower barriers, and wasnt that the original tought of NEM? A Fair distributed System for all partipicants, and not another one for very few persons.

@nzminer your suggestion is rewarding existing supernodes more than other user/  ,  i dont see any barrier how to distribute silvercoins,  1 method could be sending a persmission asset to all original Stakeholders adresses, if the stakholder sends back the permission asset he or she will recieve a silvercoin asset, this could be also an automatic progress,  dont see any barriers for that.  OR just splitt the community Fund and send another amound of NEM instead of silvercoin, could be voted.  

Right now the community Fund holds a total percentage of 31% of NEM which means approx. 3Billion XEM! Splitted in following..

NIS NODE REWARDS 9%
COMMUNITY FUND 13%

That means a total of approx 900million of XEM had been safed as Silvercoin Asset Distribution, and that was a consens from Beginning! And should be distributed to all Stakeholders! How and when had to be discussed instead to try changing the rules.

EDIT: Unclaimed approx. 200m XEM/silvercoins could be used for supernode programm or splitted to claimed accounts.

The coins could be delivered to the current stakeholders instead. And everyone gets silver coins for each 2250000 xem (one original stake).
But I don't know if its fair because it was promised to original stakeholders only...
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:00:22 PM

NIS NODE REWARDS 9%
COMMUNITY FUND 13%

The coins could be delivered to the current stakeholders instead. And everyone gets silver coins for each 2250000 xem (one original stake).
But I don't know if its fair because it was promised to original stakeholders only...

that would make it possible to buy xem just to earn a silver coin and they could dump right after
Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:07:11 PM

that would make it possible to buy xem just to earn a silver coin and they could dump right after

Would you risk investing 20k$ just to get a coin worth ~100$?  Wink

forum.nem.io
randombit
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:09:25 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 05:21:31 PM by randombit

Iam sorry, ive calculated with the total amount of XEM that was wrong,  the Substainability Fund is filled "only" with approx. 30% of the total XEM amount. Silvercoin Fund is less than ive calculated. Its 211,885,227.63 XEM how the statistic shows.

Anyway, we should find a solution how to handle this neverending silvercoin Theme.  

DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:29:16 PM

This topic became boring

I am a original stakeholder too, and i am against that silvercoin fund distributed between all/original stakeholders/non original stakeholders/anybody else.

send that coins to genesis acc and let's finally forget about them.

randombit
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:49:36 PM

This topic became boring

I am a original stakeholder too, and i am against that silvercoin fund distributed between all/original stakeholders/non original stakeholders/anybody else.

Don`t forget NEM is a serious project now, you cant change any terms without to exclude any legal aspect. By now, nem has still a prolem with original stakeholders which missed the distribution process. Changing one of the terms could harm NEM.

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:00:38 PM

This topic became boring

Don`t forget NEM is a serious project now, you cant change any terms without to exclude any legal aspect. By now, nem has still a prolem with original stakeholders which missed the distribution process. Changing one of the terms could harm NEM.

You both are right. Missed stakes should be treated as missed coins/money. If coins will be 'burned' then all XEMs will automatically gain value because there will be less XEMs on the market, so every XEM holder is on plus then. In case of 'distribution between stakeholders', people will have free opportunity to dump it on the market and gain 'free money'.
In first case all XEMs will gain on value, in second case only some of XEM holders will gain...

Pages: « 1 ... 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: