Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:56:35 AM

There are lot of NEM millionares in the dev team now (Bloodyrookie etc) and i hope they dont just cash in and move to a tropical island or if they do to take me 2 Smiley

yeah i hope that does not happen  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:58:28 AM

So a few thoughts & observations from watching coinmarketcap this week.
as I type this the total market cap is over $52 BILLION.
I remember a few months ago it was around 21 Billion total.. so a TON of new money has flooded into crypto in the last 6+ months
Bitcoin's Dominance is at an all time low, only 52%

Looking at the top 10-20 coins, it looks like there's a flood of people trying to get in on the "penny" coins trying to cash in on the next big thing. all the "major" coins, bitcoin, eth, dash etc. are all well over $50-100 apiece, too much for anyone to really try and gain some cash from speculating.
Nem, Ripple, Lumens etc have all had tremendous gains recently, and they're all the ones that were or are a few cents.

Even with Nem's meteoric rise in price, it's still only trading with a fraction of the volume of the other penny coins, $45 million vs. $300+ million for ripple and lumens.. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing but it's worth noting.

Nem is now at $0.13 with a 1.2 billion marketcap. I think it's stuck in that self serving cycle right now. Price and interest is up, so more buy in/out, which increases popularity, which increases price, rinse and repeat.
Who knows where this rollercoaster ends but personally I don't see why we can't end up with a market cap like ripple somewhat soon. The amount of nem and how cheap they are make it seem like it's possible. 6-7 billion cap i think is in reach, barring a major slide in everything.

and lastly, This has all been done without catapult or any large earth shattering corporate partnership. (I'm aware that some companies are testing some aspects of nem out) but once something goes mainstream with one of these tech deals coupled with catapult's release, we could really be onto something if that happens.

i think one important thing is the REAL coin supply. Since many stakeholder lost their keys and a lot of coins are locked the real supply is much lower. so it is far more valuable
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:00:13 PM

There are lot of NEM millionares in the dev team now (Bloodyrookie etc) and i hope they dont just cash in and move to a tropical island or if they do to take me 2 Smiley

they always told they do not care about the price. and that´s the right thinking. And why should anyone cash out if it can still increase multiple times
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 12:06:16 PM

wont happen while they coding they are like inside their own micro-cosmos
when they finished with catapult will be the first time when they realize what they have created

and then who know maybe the start to move more in a software architect role
create workpackages for additional hired coders
and enjoy a bit of their wealth

but i trust that they wont leave and for sure dont cash out

cash out xem would be silly

who is trading a value exploding thing against a constant value loss by inflation thing?

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 12:44:51 PM

they always told they do not care about the price. and that´s the right thinking. And why should anyone cash out if it can still increase multiple times

The main devs already were well-off financially before they started to code for NEM as they were already well-paid professional devs. They aren't hurting to dump to buy Lambos. 

As far as I know, they all still think it will be worth much more too in the future.  Grin 

4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:45:06 PM

So a few thoughts & observations from watching coinmarketcap this week.
as I type this the total market cap is over $52 BILLION.
I remember a few months ago it was around 21 Billion total.. so a TON of new money has flooded into crypto in the last 6+ months
Bitcoin's Dominance is at an all time low, only 52%

Looking at the top 10-20 coins, it looks like there's a flood of people trying to get in on the "penny" coins trying to cash in on the next big thing. all the "major" coins, bitcoin, eth, dash etc. are all well over $50-100 apiece, too much for anyone to really try and gain some cash from speculating.
Nem, Ripple, Lumens etc have all had tremendous gains recently, and they're all the ones that were or are a few cents.

Even with Nem's meteoric rise in price, it's still only trading with a fraction of the volume of the other penny coins, $45 million vs. $300+ million for ripple and lumens.. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing but it's worth noting.

Nem is now at $0.13 with a 1.2 billion marketcap. I think it's stuck in that self serving cycle right now. Price and interest is up, so more buy in/out, which increases popularity, which increases price, rinse and repeat.
Who knows where this rollercoaster ends but personally I don't see why we can't end up with a market cap like ripple somewhat soon. The amount of nem and how cheap they are make it seem like it's possible. 6-7 billion cap i think is in reach, barring a major slide in everything.

and lastly, This has all been done without catapult or any large earth shattering corporate partnership. (I'm aware that some companies are testing some aspects of nem out) but once something goes mainstream with one of these tech deals coupled with catapult's release, we could really be onto something if that happens.

@sammart Interesting analysis - thanks for posting.

what's your source for the amount of new money invested in crypto over the last 6 months?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 02:04:57 PM

what's your source for the amount of new money invested in crypto over the last 6 months?

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

and keep in mind this is only the value gain of all existing cryptocoins which are listed on CMC
not included is all the money that did flood into blockchain projects instead of coins

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:58:09 PM

@cryptonit Thanks Smiley

The market cap metric used by marketcap.com is based on the circulating supply and doesn't include a factor for inflation or the coins held by the project developers, according to this article
https://blog.sia.tech/want-to-deflate-the-token-bubble-fix-the-market-cap-indicator-d50f7f1e1ec4

Although arguably flawed, marketcap.com's marketcap metric, as it currently stands, would nevertheless seem to accurately reflect the amount of money invested in cryptos.

realneural

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:43:21 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

and keep in mind this is only the value gain of all existing cryptocoins which are listed on CMC
not included is all the money that did flood into blockchain projects instead of coins

Don't get me wrong I'm optimistic too BUT: this graph and data shows only the growth of valuation (marketcap), not the amount of new capital. We can only guess the amount of actual real new money coming in. Sure there must be new money involved but amount unknown. Could be 20% or could be 80% of the growth of marketcap.

Extreme example: If hodlers had all the crypto, no selling, it would take 1$ to lift the total marketcap to mars.
ThaVoise

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:21:17 PM

I've made Nem xem parody you can watch it here
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q6KD-yWKUlY
Comment what do u think
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:02:23 PM

I have an old wallet with some NEM.. Now i have downloaded the nem client (nis/ncc...) and is running. Now i need to open the wallet, but i have no wallet because i have reinstalled windows... Hope someone can help me

edit: all i have is the original stakeholder password

You need your private key or wallet with password. The Stakeholder password alone won't work, sorry.

yes i think i have the private key... but i dont have the wallet on my pc... how can i access my wallet with only the private key?`

I have also downloaded the mobile app, i tried to access with private key and a name (i dont know if it is the correct name??) but the error is: PRIVATE_KEY_ERROR_1

Get nano wallet, there you can import the private key.

thank you, but i have the private key only (it is a combination letters+numbers..?)
If this is not enough, in the moment of the launch, how it was distributed? I cannot remember, but maybe so i can enter to my wallet

thanks a lot

If it really is the private key that you have, then it is enough. Just do what was advised above, get Nano wallet and then create a "private key wallet".

Sorry, but the private key is a alphanumeric code or a file? I have the code only

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:22:49 PM

I have an old wallet with some NEM.. Now i have downloaded the nem client (nis/ncc...) and is running. Now i need to open the wallet, but i have no wallet because i have reinstalled windows... Hope someone can help me

You need your private key or wallet with password. The Stakeholder password alone won't work, sorry.

yes i think i have the private key... but i dont have the wallet on my pc... how can i access my wallet with only the private key?`

I have also downloaded the mobile app, i tried to access with private key and a name (i dont know if it is the correct name??) but the error is: PRIVATE_KEY_ERROR_1

thank you, but i have the private key only (it is a combination letters+numbers..?)
If this is not enough, in the moment of the launch, how it was distributed? I cannot remember, but maybe so i can enter to my wallet

thanks a lot

If it really is the private key that you have, then it is enough. Just do what was advised above, get Nano wallet and then create a "private key wallet".

Sorry, but the private key is a alphanumeric code or a file? I have the code only

How many characters? Have you tried nano wallet? Please tell us a bit more...

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
ciappa

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:27:12 PM

thanks a lot

Sorry, there are 32 characters... i have tried the nano wallet, but it is asking me a file... I have no file, but only this alphanumeric code with 32 characters?

Edit: Awesome guys, now i have found the name, created passwordcode, address, public key, and private key Wink

Edit again: but sorry, i am using the nano wallet now, but it is still asking to import wallet (on the voise "select wallet")? I have no file to import  Huh

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:37:02 PM

thanks a lot

Sorry, there are 32 characters... i have tried the nano wallet, but it is asking me a file... I have no file, but only this alphanumeric code with 32 characters?

Edit: Awesome guys, now i have found the name, created passwordcode, address, public key, and private key Wink

Edit again: but sorry, i am using the nano wallet now, but it is still asking to import wallet (on the voise "select wallet")? I have no file to import  Huh

Have you chosen the private key import?

I think it would be best to join nem helpdesks Telegram: https://t.me/nemhelpdesk

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
ciappa

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:40:36 PM

thanks a lot

Edit again: but sorry, i am using the nano wallet now, but it is still asking to import wallet (on the voise "select wallet")? I have no file to import  Huh

Have you chosen the private key import?

I think it would be best to join nem helpdesks Telegram: https://t.me/nemhelpdesk

ok thank you, i am on telegram now

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
smbbm

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:42:53 PM

I really like how the NEM team is always quiet and focused on tech and not on recent gains. Thing is that although these gains are quite insane for most of us it's still just a one grain from big capital heap that might inflow into blockchain industry in coming months and years.
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:14:14 PM

Nice article on NEM on cointelegraph:

...In an unexpected move, NEM, the multiple vertical applications Blockchain, jumped two places up to become the fifth most valuable cryptocurrency. With a mountainous 78.10 percentage upsurge, it overtook Ethereum Classic and Dash to sell at $0.129600. NEM's Market Cap is now over $1.1 bln...

...However, to overtake Ethereum Classic and go ahead to dislodge Dash, the darling boy, is very surprising to many. This is an indication that NEM is being taken seriously by the global cryptocurrency and Blockchain community...

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nem-breaks-into-top-5-altcoins-passes-dash-ethereum-classic
drewid

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:23:59 PM

Is there any bounty I can contribute to for hardware wallet support? Preferably TREZOR.

Hello Alex,

thank you for contacting SatoshiLabs Support, I'm Misa and I'm happy to help you.

If you are interested in any altcoin that is not supported yet, please contact its developers first and suggest them the integration as it depends on them.

Is there anything else I can help you with, Alex?

Best regards,
Misa
Customer Support

SatoshiLabs
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:31:38 PM

Is there any bounty I can contribute to for hardware wallet support? Preferably TREZOR.

Hello Alex,

thank you for contacting SatoshiLabs Support, I'm Misa and I'm happy to help you.

If you are interested in any altcoin that is not supported yet, please contact its developers first and suggest them the integration as it depends on them.

Is there anything else I can help you with, Alex?

Best regards,
Misa
Customer Support

SatoshiLabs

I need Trezor support for NEM soooooo badly right now.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:34:31 PM

I need Trezor support for NEM soooooo badly right now.

It would be extremely useful. I presume NEM's main developers will be too busy for such a thing. Are there others equally conversant who'll know how to do it?
Pages: « 1 ... 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: