Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:44:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 [1665] 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:37:53 AM

Japan’s 3 Megabanks Unite on a Blockchain for P2P Money Transfer ‘Field Trial
Has this anything to do with NEM/Mijin? I thought i remembered a mention of Fujitsu trialing mijin some time ago but i could be wrong.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/japans-3-megabanks-conduct-p2p-field-trial-blockchain-money-transfers/

Hopefully XEM and not ripple like last time!   Grin

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:58:33 AM

Has this anything to do with NEM/Mijin? I thought i remembered a mention of Fujitsu trialing mijin some time ago but i could be wrong.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/japans-3-megabanks-conduct-p2p-field-trial-blockchain-money-transfers/

Doesn't sound like Ripple, so let's hope for the best:)
ormin79

Activity: 152
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 08:08:36 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 08:43:23 AM by ormin79

I dont see in this article any signs, that NEMs blockchain will be used too. They are probably developing own platform, and now is time for tests. That's a shame for NEM, but nothing is for sure. Or maybe NEM Foundation doesn't want spreading information about using NEMs blockchain, or about fail in her tries to attract Japanese Banks, but that's pure speculation. If NEMs blockchain will be not used by this 3 megabanks, that will be clear fail for us holders and for NEM, but not the end of the world. There are plenty of fields where NEMs blockchain can succeed.

And few words regarding price action. Bitcoin fly, NEM stay steady in terms of USD, crashing in BTC. Not good, now is other than in August, when XEMs price climbed brave after BTCs climbing. Or markets reaction is more retarded than in August, in case of altcoins. But for me it's clear, that XEM does not participate in this wave of optimism @BTC. I wish to hope, that it will change in comming hours or days, cause i wish XEMs the best, and dont want to see his price one more time around 10cents or lower (even if it is good oportunity to get cheaper XEMs from weakk hands).

Someone asked here about portfolios. My is 60% in XEM (buyed in times when capitalization was around 1 Million of USD:) 30% in BTC (part of very old stack accumulated in 200-500USD area + one long entry @ 4330 partially in 50% closed @ 4770 unfortunately huh, the rest i will probably sell much above 6000, but we will see), and 10% in other pure shitcoins for playing purposes.
Zylon

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:23:34 AM

I dont see in this article any signs, that NEMs blockchain will be used too. They are probably developing own platform, and now is time for tests. That's a shame for NEM, but nothing is for sure. Or maybe NEM Foundation doesn't want spreading information about using NEMs blockchain, or about fail in her tries to attract Japanese Banks, but that's pure speculation. If NEMs blockchain will be not used by this 3 megabanks, that will be clear fail for us holders and for NEM, but not the end of the world. There are plenty of fields where NEMs blockchain can succeed.

And few words regarding price action. Bitcoin fly, NEM stay steady in terms of USD, crashing in BTC. Not good, now is other than in August, when XEMs price climbed brave after BTCs climbing. Or markets reaction is more retarded than in August, in case of altcoins. But for me it's clear, that XEM does not participate in this wave of optimism @BTC. I wish to hope, that it will change in comming hours or days, cause i wish XEMs the best, and dont want to see his price one more time around 10cents or lower (even if it is good oportunity to get cheaper XEMs from weakk hands).

Someone asked here about portfolios. My is 60% in XEM 30% in BTC (part of very old stack + one long entry @ 4330 partially closed @ 4770 unfortunately huh), and 10% in other pure shitcoins for playing purposes.

Unfortunately Hyperledger seems to be the blockchain they are using:(
http://www.fujitsu.com/global/about/resources/news/press-releases/2017/0731-01.html

https://www.hyperledger.org/news/2017/07/31/7-31-17-coindesk-japans-fujitsu-to-commercialize-hyperledger-fabric-software-by-next-year

Sad story for NEM...
ormin79

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 08:32:50 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 08:50:03 AM by ormin79

Someone asked here about portfolios. My is 60% in XEM 30% in BTC (part of very old stack + one long entry @ 4330 partially closed @ 4770 unfortunately huh), and 10% in other pure shitcoins for playing purposes.

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/about/resources/news/press-releases/2017/0731-01.html

https://www.hyperledger.org/news/2017/07/31/7-31-17-coindesk-japans-fujitsu-to-commercialize-hyperledger-fabric-software-by-next-year

Sad story for NEM...

So my pending buy orders (i will use my bitcoins taken @ 4330) go for XEMBTC pair to 2000-3000sat area (yep whole area not one point of entry). That costs me nothing to wait for nervous investors dumps (only risk for holding Bitcoins on exchange). Thanks Zylon for that info, altrough it is shitty info for NEM in shortterm perspective. Combined with postponed Catapult release it explain good, why XEM does not participate now in Bitcoins bullrun, and why chart in BTCUSD looks like more and more, like it was after pump to 2800sat in June 2016. But i change not of course my view about XEM longterm. This should be black horse of whole crypto, and if not i will be very disapointed.
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 03:02:34 PM

10% price drop last 24 hours, its a good time to invest or dump and run, depends are you gambler or not...

Varyg

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:24:16 PM

10% price drop last 24 hours, its a good time to invest or dump and run, depends are you gambler or not...

I agree with you. NEM during0 the past year have reached the leading positions, have great prospects as a platform. DIMCOIN looks very solid.
maxilovean

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:10:50 PM

Earlier I considered these coins one of the most promising and stable even against the background of a falling market. Now XEM behaves as something strange and falls every day lower and lower. I'm upset, because I keep these coins !!! Embarrassed

Zylon

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:17:39 PM

Earlier I considered these coins one of the most promising and stable even against the background of a falling market. Now XEM behaves as something strange and falls every day lower and lower. I'm upset, because I keep these coins !!! Embarrassed

Mostly all Altcoins are falling, it is just because of Bitcoin.
NEM and other Altcoins did nothing wrong!
It is always the same procedure:
Bitcoin pumps Altcoin dumps except you have big news!
After the Bitcoin really all the Altcoins will rise again and I am sure that we will see very high prices again, because there is a lot more money in the market!
So this is all good for Bitcoin and Altcoins!
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 396
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:25:22 PM

Sad story for NEM...

Who cares, stupid money coming in dont give a poop about state of affairs in shitcoin camp. Bitcoin and ethereum is where money is being injected. Overall it makes no significance which shitcoin blockchain banksters will choose, they will use it as a base model for projecting and structuring their own ledger. They will simply fork underlying base and issue their permissioned corporate rullsets on the private chain. Whether they use this or that is not whats important, it adds shortlived hype and destroys a coin as everyone exits in favor of corporate projects. Its not necessary for the evolution of crypto.
Zylon

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:27:15 PM

falls lower ... when compared to Bitcoin's value.
How about comparing to USD or euro ?

Comparing to USD everything is fine!
Staying around 0.2 for days now and imo this is more important than XEM/ btc!
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:29:00 PM

falls lower ... when compared to Bitcoin's value.
How about comparing to USD or euro ?

Comparing to USD everything is fine!
Staying around 0.2 for days now and imo this is more important than XEM/ btc!

That's what I was thinking ...  
not followed or calculated the exact numbers for XEM / USD,
but only followed the courses XEM / BTC  and  BTC / USD.   When the other one falls, then the other one climbs up. "Always" Smiley

NEM volumes are still quite thin, so there is no strong opinion about how good or bad the crypto is.

And as many commented: the alts are falling, not just NEM.
If that is a direct reaction to the BTC's rise, then the drop of "all alts" proves that there are quite good (capable to calculate) players on the markets Smiley

edit:
It is often said that crypto markets are "Pump and dump".
Maybe they are just Pump ...

In the stock markets usually happens so that when the dividend is cut from the share, the shares's price drops by the dividend's value. But during 1 - 6 months it may climb back to the same value, which it had when the dividend was cut.
The dividend does kind of pump.

When Bitcoin's value is increasing, the alts are going down.
When Bitcoin reaches some level and starts making sawing, the alts start climbing back to their high peaks.
So... does Bitcoin pump the alts ?  :-)
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:41:21 PM

So... does Bitcoin pump the alts ?  :-)

all who move after BTC stop raising to altcoins fast enough
raise their value twice....

its like caterpillar movement
bitcoin move ahead
altcoins catch up
and repeat

in the end always the whole marketcapitalisation increase

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
tongokongo

Activity: 172
Merit: 134

Explore Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:49:03 PM

You guys are lookng into such a short term gain.  I have chosen to look into the technology and not into minor pump and dump periods, for now I am happy with my choice.

Zylon

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:10:26 PM

You guys are lookng into such a short term gain.  I have chosen to look into the technology and not into minor pump and dump periods, for now I am happy with my choice.

I think mostly all NEMBERs are looking at the technology!
But we have a quite irational market, so it is not bad to watch how the invested coin behaves in such a situation.
NEM is fine, it is stable!
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:31:49 PM

You guys are lookng into such a short term gain.  I have chosen to look into the technology and not into minor pump and dump periods, for now I am happy with my choice.

I think mostly all NEMBERs are looking at the technology!
But we have a quite irational market, so it is not bad to watch how the invested coin behaves in such a situation.
NEM is fine, it is stable!

agreed...
and the second reason might be to make investments with some part (5 - 10 %) of the alt wallets.
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:50:43 AM

I do not like what I see with the price mouvement. I know BTC is rising, but XEM has been stagnant for months now... what's cooking guys ?!

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

ormin79

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 05:04:38 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 05:34:57 AM by ormin79

I do not like what I see with the price mouvement. I know BTC is rising, but XEM has been stagnant for months now... what's cooking guys ?!

All this bump @ BTC is caused by BitcoinGold fork, and many (street but also Jamie Dimon hahah) buy Bitcoin this time, because of free new Bitcoins. But Litecoin can grow, and XEM in some way not(market signals that clearly). So i have moved my pending buy orders down to 1600-2400sat area. I dont want to buy some XEMs at higher price, when market can give me them cheaper. We must also remember that this Bitcoins run should end with crash as always, and where will be price of XEM after this crash? Highest posibility is for now 1-5cents area, of course without any fundamental good news from NEM Foundation side (Let's look what was with price of XEM after drop @BTCUSD from 5000 to 3000, i saw drop from 34cents to 16cents in XEMUSD). And i bet there will be for now no good fundamental news at all. Sad to say but for me there is no chances for 1$ or higher in this year, nor to be higher than Ethereum in terms of marketcap. Maybe in the next year (after bloody dump below 10cents mark). My main stack of XEMs stays of course untouched, cause i can be wrong in my opinion, so dont want to lose possibilities in longterm run. I dont sell it when it drops, only when it's bumped:)
Zylon

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:54:18 AM

All this bump @ BTC is caused by BitcoinGold fork, and many (street but also Jamie Dimon hahah) buy Bitcoin this time, because of free new Bitcoins. But Litecoin can grow, and XEM in some way not(market signals that clearly). So i have moved my pending buy orders down to 1600-2400sat area. I dont want to buy some XEMs at higher price, when market can give me them cheaper. We must also remember that this Bitcoins run should end with crash as always, and where will be price of XEM after this crash? Highest posibility is for now 1-5cents area, of course without any fundamental good news from NEM Foundation side (Let's look what was with price of XEM after drop @BTCUSD from 5000 to 3000, i saw drop from 34cents to 16cents in XEMUSD). And i bet there will be for now no good fundamental news at all. Sad to say but for me there is no chances for 1$ or higher in this year, nor to be higher than Ethereum in terms of marketcap. Maybe in the next year (after bloody dump below 10cents mark). My main stack of XEMs stays of course untouched, cause i can be wrong in my opinion, so dont want to lose possibilities in longterm run. I dont sell it when it drops, only when it's bumped:)

The last bitcoin crash (5000 to 3000) was not a normal rise and fall!
The whole market crashed because of very bad news and all coins dumped simultaneously!
Normally the Altcoins rise when bitcoin falls and this time it will be the same except some bad news will appear suddenly!
Renko

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:12:30 AM

NEM moon after fork!
Pages: « 1 ... 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 [1665] 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: