Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:45:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984253 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitMoneda

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:01:32 PM

Did NEM start with a pure POS when it launched? If so, how did it achieve fair distribution?

Its was free for the first 20 pages or so for people who posted "I am interested" in the Announce thread. After that there was a small fee, which increased every 20 pages. So in the end after sockpuppets were removed they got around 3000 stakeholders who each received a Nem stake (2250000 Nem).
It wasn't POS and all was released on the genesis block

Wow, so it was basically all given away when the genesis block was created. That is very interesting model compared to the usual POW launch. Was there any issues regarding getting on exchanges by using this distribution model?

Not interesting at all, it happens all the time and there's alway coin giveaways. It just happens that NEM turned into a real project, one of the few.

And why would there be issues listing it on exchanges? That doesn't make sense at all, there was issues with duplicate accounts and sock puppets but NEM foundation was very proficient at getting rid of most spammers/sock puppets.
I qualified for the free stake at the beginning but I ended up donating the NXT for the NEM to the foundation since I saw it as only acting in a fair way in accordance to the spirit of crypto space.

My "interesting" comment wasn't a criticism. I was just curious on the details of how NEM was launched and how POS coins can be launched fairly.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:12:27 PM

Did NEM start with a pure POS when it launched? If so, how did it achieve fair distribution?

Its was free for the first 20 pages or so for people who posted "I am interested" in the Announce thread. After that there was a small fee, which increased every 20 pages. So in the end after sockpuppets were removed they got around 3000 stakeholders who each received a Nem stake (2250000 Nem).

Wow, so it was basically all given away when the genesis block was created. That is very interesting model compared to the usual POW launch. Was there any issues regarding getting on exchanges by using this distribution model?

Not interesting at all, it happens all the time and there's alway coin giveaways. It just happens that NEM turned into a real project, one of the few.

And why would there be issues listing it on exchanges? That doesn't make sense at all, there was issues with duplicate accounts and sock puppets but NEM foundation was very proficient at getting rid of most spammers/sock puppets.
I qualified for the free stake at the beginning but I ended up donating the NXT for the NEM to the foundation since I saw it as only acting in a fair way in accordance to the spirit of crypto space.

My "interesting" comment wasn't a criticism. I was just curious on the details of how NEM was launched and how POS coins can be launched fairly.

I didn't think you criticized NEM, I was just pointing out that the initial distribution wasn't all that interesting.

Even NEM didn't have a fair launch, UtopianFuture unfairly created and still controls many of the sockpuppets accounts he made to enrich himself/ his team. It was a sort of "premine" with the disguise of actual users which turned out to be sockpuppets from him.
Ironically he was the one heading the sockpuppet removal from the NEM distribution.

He supposedly retired but everyone that was involved from day one knows that he just stopped logging into his UtopianFuture account, made some announcement to pacify the community and is still around involved with NEM. We don't know who he might be, the only people that might know are the team involved in the creation of NEM and even then only 1 or 2 people might know who he is.

In the end, it doesn't matter because NEM is turning out to be something bigger than UtopianFuture anticipated. It was thanks to the efforts of other devs and community members stepping in and not letting the project die. Otherwise it would have been another coin that got pumped and dumped/died into obscurity.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:45:15 PM

There was an airdrop Wink

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:47:15 PM

There was an airdrop Wink

nem somehow created the airdrop idea year ago Cheesy

zzert1234

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:56:49 PM

Hi Guys,

I am new to NEM. Can summarize what is going it with it and are there any enterprises using it. And any learning materials around it ? I will have a loot at the official site.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:59:26 PM

Hi Guys,

I am new to NEM. Can summarize what is going it with it and are there any enterprises using it. And any learning materials around it ? I will have a loot at the official site.

Aside from looking at the OP and the website, I would recommend watching the videos at the Nem youtube channel. Everything you would want to know about NEM are in these and they are also up to date.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnsSiqyb0PuQkqT4v8Xjugw
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:48:42 AM

Hi Guys,

Aside from looking at the OP and the website, I would recommend watching the videos at the Nem youtube channel. Everything you would want to know about NEM are in these and they are also up to date.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnsSiqyb0PuQkqT4v8Xjugw

joining telegram is also a good idea for a constant information flow

wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:56:19 AM

NEM doesn't use POS nor POW.
NEM has it's one unique consensus algorithm called POI = Proof of Importance.
unlike to most POS coins there is no inflation.
all coins were created in the genesis block and you can only be rewarded with transaction fees.
POI means the more "important" (uptime of your node, number of transactions, ...) you are for the network the more you get.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
fob123

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:08:08 AM

Seems like xem will be listed on a Korean exchange soon.
https://www.kex.com/index.html
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:59:40 PM

It's time to vote for a new exciting project proposal: https://forum.nem.io/t/community-fund-proposal-copyrightbank-a-blockchain-powered-copyright-registration-and-verification-for-digital-works/8567
nembit 86

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:46:56 PM

I didn't think you criticized NEM, I was just pointing out that the initial distribution wasn't all that interesting.

Even NEM didn't have a fair launch, UtopianFuture unfairly created and still controls many of the sockpuppets accounts he made to enrich himself/ his team. It was a sort of "premine" with the disguise of actual users which turned out to be sockpuppets from him.
Ironically he was the one heading the sockpuppet removal from the NEM distribution.

He supposedly retired but everyone that was involved from day one knows that he just stopped logging into his UtopianFuture account, made some announcement to pacify the community and is still around involved with NEM. We don't know who he might be, the only people that might know are the team involved in the creation of NEM and even then only 1 or 2 people might know who he is.

In the end, it doesn't matter because NEM is turning out to be something bigger than UtopianFuture anticipated. It was thanks to the efforts of other devs and community members stepping in and not letting the project die. Otherwise it would have been another coin that got pumped and dumped/died into obscurity.

you are assuming a lot.....every one of the initial holders were gone through with a fine tooth comb including Utopian Future, in fact especially Utopian Future. So there is no truth to the fact that he has a stash...or ever had a stash. He works on other projects now. I have checked almost every comment ever on on NEM on Telegram and here and absolutely nothing regarding any involvement by him. The devs went to all sorts of lengths to ensure complete fairness over months and months.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:09:31 PM

you are assuming a lot.....every one of the initial holders were gone through with a fine tooth comb including Utopian Future, in fact especially Utopian Future. So there is no truth to the fact that he has a stash...or ever had a stash. He works on other projects now. I have checked almost every comment ever on on NEM on Telegram and here and absolutely nothing regarding any involvement by him. The devs went to all sorts of lengths to ensure complete fairness over months and months.

yes ... I am remembering that it was mainly the dev team, which wanted that there must be certainty that Utopianfuture had really left the house. And so happened; quite soon UP gave all his tasks to other Nembers.
Maybe it was suspected that it would have been a marketing and imago risk, if people outside of the community would have noticed that UP is still in the NEM project.

Imago issues are quite sensitive Smiley
... and some people are specialized to paint it black Wink
luis77

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:32:09 PM

Hi,

I just bought a Trezor hard Wallet. Any new news about nem been included in trezor wallet? that will be nice

Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:52:26 PM

Hi,

I just bought a Trezor hard Wallet. Any new news about nem been included in trezor wallet? that will be nice

NEM support was merged into the firmware a little over 2 weeks ago so next firmware update should include it.
luis77

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:17:09 PM

Hi,

NEM support was merged into the firmware a little over 2 weeks ago so next firmware update should include it.

That´s awesome. Really good news for nem.  Grin Grin Grin

wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:14:44 PM

Hi,

where did you get this news and do you also know when the update will be released?
that update and the upcoming additions to bitflyer and that korean exchange could bring a nice pump.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:26:15 PM

Hi,

where did you get this news and do you also know when the update will be released?
that update and the upcoming additions to bitflyer and that korean exchange could bring a nice pump.

You can see the pull request was merged in github 17 days ago:
https://github.com/trezor/trezor-mcu/commit/a856542b750be5d7e5ed86aed8795844e3dd202e

I haven't seen any information on when the new firmware will be released.
abeke

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:30:31 AM

Hi,

Good news. Let's hope for that.
trunghieu250688

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:49:50 AM

NEM is great project.
Just hodl
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:03:42 AM

Hi,

You can see the pull request was merged in github 17 days ago:
https://github.com/trezor/trezor-mcu/commit/a856542b750be5d7e5ed86aed8795844e3dd202e

I haven't seen any information on when the new firmware will be released.

I think it is not official announcement from the team, we have to wait for official announcement and Korean exchange listing. NEM is long term project where you can hold the coin till coin price increases.
Pages: « 1 ... 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: