Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 [1689] 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ZhuldyzKaladinova

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:35:48 AM

Nice earrings! I was distracted by them all the time watching the video. Smiley

Whaaaaaat!  NEM Earrings!!! I want a pair of those!

Are these custom made or up for sale? Please let me know guys.

Anyone, please?

I can't help it but think of the earrings all the time!  Cheesy I really want em!

Nobody, really?  Somebody got to know! 

I searched the web for NEM shop, NEM goodies, NEM earrings... but for the life of me I can not find them.  It's making me feel crazy.

She probably had them custom made.  If you can't find them, why not create your own or get someone to create them for you?  Or you could ask Alex by sending here a PM to see where she got them from.   Smiley

Thanks a lot! What is Alex' username here so I could get in touch?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:28:51 AM

Can nobody give me a ballpark figure for the value of a NEM stake?

2,250,000 x 18/19 cents or so.

Well shit, how many users will go crazy with this missed easy 450k$, heh? Cheesy  I remember dreaming about a price of 1$/XEM, and with waiting for Catapult, we can easily reach that target..

Well most people got rid of their stake before those prices Wink
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 11:52:15 AM

Can nobody give me a ballpark figure for the value of a NEM stake?

2,250,000 x 18/19 cents or so.

Well shit, how many users will go crazy with this missed easy 450k$, heh? Cheesy  I remember dreaming about a price of 1$/XEM, and with waiting for Catapult, we can easily reach that target..

Well most people got rid of their stake before those prices Wink

and some increased their initial stake at that early prices of like 35 satoshi per XEM

one time good instinct can change ur life

i got the banana  Grin

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:51:02 PM

So is it XEM or NEM?   For serious investors it can be really confusing, everybody knows that Sony is Sony, not Xony...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:58:29 PM

So is it XEM or NEM?   For serious investors it can be really confusing, everybody knows that Sony is Sony, not Xony...

NEM is the system, XEM is the currency. NEM is more than just XEM.
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:08:34 PM

So its 2 different things?  But if I buy XEM on bittrex, do I also own NEM?
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:19:12 PM

ioNEM - Transferable, On-Chain IoT Ownership with NEM

https://blog.nem.io/ionem/

The NEM team would like to thank Nikhil Jha (Telegram @ReverseCold) for contributing this project.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a massive developing category with a lot of potential applications. Unfortunately, many IoT implementations today rely on a centralized server to stay operational. Alongside the IoT movement, we have the blockchain movement, which provides distributed, secure computer systems to use. Let's combine the two categories into one using our very own NEM blockchain!...........

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:03:33 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 09:17:28 PM by jkoil

So is it XEM or NEM?   For serious investors it can be really confusing, everybody knows that Sony is Sony, not Xony...

So its 2 different things?  But if I buy XEM on bittrex, do I also own NEM?

NEM is New Economy Movement and XEM is the name of its crypto currency unit.

There was a discussion whether the currency unit is also called "NEM" (as so many cryptos have similar unit as the crypto name)
or something which starts with "X", because many international currencies and market items start with "X".  
The "X" won, and then was discussed if it will be "XNM", "XEM" or some other. "XEM" [ksem] won Smiley

bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:51:20 PM

I will admit to a bit of frustration as we watch non-functional vaporware platforms e.g., IOTA, NEO, skyrocket upward over the past week on non-news, while NEM/XEM languishes in neutral despite a steady stream of positive updates with substance. Now NEM seems destined to drift out of the top 10 marketcap, maybe even top 15 near term as heavily manipulated junk like HSR continue an inexplicable rise.

NEM has a three year jump on all the clown coins suddenly cropping up around it, and it shows, hell most of them struggle to even have a working, secure wallet for their user base.  Come-from-Beyond, the great and mighty Dev behind NXT, who recently farted out IOTA with its Tangle? Tangle is an apt description for Come-from-Beyond's creation seeing how the Dev team of NEM, led by Jaguar0625 had this to say about his spaghetti coding skills back in January 2014...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg4674869#msg4674869

Jaguar0625
Re: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread
January 22, 2014, 11:23:27 PM

What makes NEM different from all the other NXT clones (like NEX) aside from the 4X more coins? Also, what is the timeframe for this project?

I think NXT can be overtaken by a clone because the NXT stakeholders have too much power and I think their greed could destroy the coin. So, I definitely support this NXT clone movement. The real question is which clone will be the best?

I'd rather take some of NXTs ideas and create a new coin from scratch because the NXT code is spaghetti. (And if we can get away from Java, the better Smiley).

My 2 cents.

And with recent Catapult release the NEM team has fulfilled ever bit of the promise in Jaguar's final sentence.

Frustrating  Angry

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:29:55 PM

I will admit to a bit of frustration as we watch non-functional vaporware platforms e.g., IOTA, NEO, skyrocket upward over the past week on non-news, while NEM/XEM languishes in neutral despite a steady stream of positive updates with substance. Now NEM seems destined to drift out of the top 10 marketcap, maybe even top 15 near term as heavily manipulated junk like HSR continue an inexplicable rise.

NEM has a three year jump on all the clown coins suddenly cropping up around it, and it shows, hell most of them struggle to even have a working, secure wallet for their user base.  Come-from-Beyond, the great and mighty Dev behind NXT, who recently farted out IOTA with its Tangle? Tangle is an apt description for Come-from-Beyond's creation seeing how the Dev team of NEM, led by Jaguar0625 had this to say about his spaghetti coding skills back in January 2014...

Jaguar0625
Re: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread

What makes NEM different from all the other NXT clones (like NEX) aside from the 4X more coins? Also, what is the timeframe for this project?

I think NXT can be overtaken by a clone because the NXT stakeholders have too much power and I think their greed could destroy the coin. So, I definitely support this NXT clone movement. The real question is which clone will be the best?

I'd rather take some of NXTs ideas and create a new coin from scratch because the NXT code is spaghetti. (And if we can get away from Java, the better Smiley).

My 2 cents.

And with recent Catapult release the NEM team has fulfilled ever bit of the promise in Jaguar's final sentence.

Frustrating  Angry

Look on the bright side. You still have the opportunity to buy NEM at highly undervalued prices. I'm looking to pick up some more this week.

Once word gets out to the masses about what this coin can do, you're going to want to have bought all the NEM you're going to ever want to buy Smiley
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

NEM (New Economy Movement) is a complete blockchain ecosystem that comprises a lot of features. XEM is the currency within this ecosystem. You need it to do activities and to use all the features. You can not have shares on NEM itself only on the currency. 

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:15:09 PM

NEM (New Economy Movement) is a complete blockchain ecosystem that comprises a lot of features. XEM is the currency within this ecosystem. You need it to do activities and to use all the features. You can not have shares on NEM itself only on the currency. 

It's a ticker symbol
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:44:50 PM

Will there be any angel investors or any closed product sales with huge discount rates? 

Found a picture of you in the interwebs

ZhuldyzKaladinova

Activity: 289

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:21:52 AM

I believe that NEM is a sleeping dragon. It has and will play a major role.
smart757

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:32:19 AM

NEM has a three year jump on all the clown coins suddenly cropping up around it, and it shows, hell most of them struggle to even have a working, secure wallet for their user base.

Dude, EVERYTHING is heavily manipulated in the crypto world. It's the wild west.
I share your feelings tho, it's frustrating to watch all these other coins rocket upward and nem languishes and stays stagnant.
Those other coins have tons of hype and volume, which nem does not have due to the no mining aspect. So we have a coin that just sits around doing nothing really. The only movement is speculation and not much else. I think this coin can be huge, all it will take is one big announcement, like a major corporate partnership or something else.  However until that happens, this coin really serves no propose, much like every other crypto out there except Bitcoin.
We hope it will have real world use and practicality, but so far most everyone is stuck in neutral while trying to become the next bitcoin.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:19:52 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 04:02:09 AM by Thingamajig

NEM has a three year jump on all the clown coins suddenly cropping up around it, and it shows, hell most of them struggle to even have a working, secure wallet for their user base.  Come-from-Beyond, the great and mighty Dev behind NXT, who recently farted out IOTA with its Tangle? Tangle is an apt description for Come-from-Beyond's creation seeing how the Dev team of NEM, led by Jaguar0625 had this to say about his spaghetti coding skills back in January 2014...

Jaguar0625

My 2 cents.

Frustrating  Angry

You have to bare in mind that NEM has been through cycles like this before. Particularly in it's infancy.

I'm an original stakeholder. I've watched it all unfold. The crypto sphere is very much like stocks -- each coin basically representing a share in the company (ie, devs).

Most coins lack drive, fundamentals or even a solid, bug free wallet. Even those coins like Ethereum are riddled with holes, bugs, and required rollbacks or had forks, yet through bot trading and wealthy investors, it remains in a continual state of pump.

I often think long and hard about the state of the market, and within a few hours you can see at least 3 or 4 coins go through a pump or dump phase, where'as nem remains untouched.

Like stocks, you want the shares of that new company that has the fundamentals to see their goals through. And as long as NEM remains at a reasonably cheap price, it's always an opportunity to accumulate.

I do sometimes wonder, perhaps the whales are very much aware of this, and by keeping NEM out of the regular pump and dump cycles, the whales spend most of their time quietly accumulating.

Sooner or later, there will be a market cleanse, and the dump that is coming will wipe out a good chunk of the rubbish we see on the markets today. When the dust settles, only those coins with a solid drive will walk out that cloud.

Do not be enticed to try and participate and profit off of the whales games, cos i guarantee if enough NEM holders do sell their coins, you'll see the whales jump on board nem and leave you in the dust.

It's all one big game of musical chairs, don't participate though, remain seated, else you may lose your seat altogether. It appears as though the next big "pump" is now primed at NEO --- China, again, pulling their bullshit. Just as the Chinese Miners did with BCH. They're purpose is to profit in BTC/FIAT, nothing more, nothing less.
bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:34:00 AM

Of course. NEM is long term coin.
ormin79

Activity: 152
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 09:39:30 AM

XEM quoting in the last weeks or even months is disapointing, but we must take into account how strong was pump from zero levels to hero levels:) Correction is good, chart for now looks good - for corrective moves. If it will be cheaper, than ok, every holder or enthusiast should have some founds to collects cheaper XEM, and dont cry about market fluctuations.

By the way. I will try now to the same buying strategy @Deep Onion, as i see potential in this coin, to emulate the style of growth made by XEM in years 2015/2016. Of course technology behind Deep Onion is not so promising as NEM blockchain, but i like to seek coins, that can emulate growths made previous by big players (in terms of marketcap).

I have described my accumulation strategy for ONION here: https://deeponion.org/community/threads/my-strategy-of-buying-onions.10310/

The same strategy i have applied in my longterm investing in XEM, and was for me very profitable. Of course there is one condition of success - coin must be actively developed and marketed (just like XEM was in the past).
willoweb

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:34:34 PM

so I act simply - I buy HEM at the first opportunity. This is a long-term investment and I do not even look at the cost, because in the long run 5-7% of the difference in price is leveled.

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
██▀                     ▀██
██▀ ███     ▄▄█▀         ▀██
███  ███▄▄██▀             ███
███  ██████▀███▄            ███
███  ███    ▀███▄          ███
██▄ ▀▀▀      ▀███▄       ▄██
██▄            ▀▀███▄▄▄ ▄██
▀██▄▄               ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
▀██████▄   TWITTER   ▀▄   INSTAGRAM   ▄▀   DISCORD   ▄█████▀
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
██     ██████████████                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:47:19 PM

mmm i see a lot of post saying that nem price will rise a lot in the future, maybe already in 2018.

Do you really guys are not worried that after catapult annouce price is still so low?
Pages: « 1 ... 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 [1689] 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: