Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 [1699] 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:06:57 PM

Hi all, I was seeking a confirmation of this fact: XEM is a cryptocurrency which is NOT a fork or some sort of Bitcoin. Is it correct?
Should be like that reading the materials from the official sources, but if someone can doubleconfirm I would appreciate.
THX!

That's actually a funny question, only because when NEM was coded from scratch there was only one Bitcoin, and I don't think anyone anticipated the multiple forks it's having now.

NEM was originally going to be a clone of NXT. NXT was the first of what was called the second generation of cryptocurrency back in the day. Rather than proof of work mining, it confirmed blocks through a process called forging. The entire coin was released at once in a genesis block so the forging address would get any coins that were transaction fees. NXT had some initial technical difficulties which NEM was going to address. And then the developers decided to just code the whole thing from scratch. NEM is a complete original.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
centrum

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:16:53 PM

Alts should grow soon but it's unlikely to ever reach new ath's vs bitcoin again
That is my concern as well.
Bitcoin has gained a market share of more than 50% which is unusual.
I believe that won't last for long.

Market share of BTC already dropped during the last days.
Some alts reached new ATHs ...

I am very bullish on NEM

Hi mate, do you know the ATH of xem in terms of dollar value? I do hope xem will be bullish in the next couple of days. I already bought some to add in my folio.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:03:03 PM

Alts should grow soon but it's unlikely to ever reach new ath's vs bitcoin again

I am very bullish on NEM

Hi mate, do you know the ATH of xem in terms of dollar value? I do hope xem will be bullish in the next couple of days. I already bought some to add in my folio.

I think it was around the $0.30 for for a short time.
CryptoNeed

Activity: 504
Merit: 137

Nope.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:25:09 PM

I am very bullish on NEM

https://i.imgur.com/VtrChVD.jpg

I think it was around the $0.30 for for a short time.

2017-08-31: $0.358 on Bittrex

Great minds discuss ideas,
average minds discuss events,
small minds discuss people. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:59:36 PM

Hi all, I was seeking a confirmation of this fact: XEM is a cryptocurrency which is NOT a fork or some sort of Bitcoin. Is it correct?
Should be like that reading the materials from the official sources, but if someone can doubleconfirm I would appreciate.
THX!

That's actually a funny question, only because when NEM was coded from scratch there was only one Bitcoin, and I don't think anyone anticipated the multiple forks it's having now.

NEM was originally going to be a clone of NXT. NXT was the first of what was called the second generation of cryptocurrency back in the day. Rather than proof of work mining, it confirmed blocks through a process called forging. The entire coin was released at once in a genesis block so the forging address would get any coins that were transaction fees. NXT had some initial technical difficulties which NEM was going to address. And then the developers decided to just code the whole thing from scratch. NEM is a complete original.
Also, don't forget the proof of importance protocol instead of pure proof of stake. That's something unique to NEM as well.
serian

Activity: 195
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:01:16 PM

I see lots of marketing going on around NEM in Twitter. Glad to see such progress.

CryptoNeed

Nope.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 05:21:09 PM

It's about to begin  Smiley

X3NO

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:18:15 PM

I think so too!  Smiley
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:48:34 PM

I think so too!  Smiley

Take a look at these charts, NEM will be huge next year!

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/XEMUSD/
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:40:19 PM

If the whole exchange manipulation of Tethers pans out in the way i think it will, i'd expect NEM to be worth about 10 cents a coin in the coming year, possibly less.

ALOT of coins, bitcoin in particular, are going to implode once this huge exchange ponzi tether scam is blasted out in the open. This is the "bubble" that people have talked so much about, except it's an entirely artificial one, it's worse than we first thought.

All orchestrated by exchanges. The bane of Crypto existence. Might be worthwhile investing in any decentralized exchange projects if any of them are going on. I foresee them getting very popular soon.

This is funny  Cheesy Don't even know how Tether even comes into play, it's just another altcoin  Roll Eyes
CryptoNeed

Nope.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:14:10 PM

imho when btc sores so high, you rather want to check the XEM/BTC pair. Compared to BTC almost every alt coin is incredibly cheap.
I dropped another payload to NEM

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:38:53 PM

This is funny  Cheesy Don't even know how Tether even comes into play, it's just another altcoin  Roll Eyes

Do a little reading and your smile will erase at the possibilities for doom it offers.

It's not really an alt. It's possibly nearly a billion dollars of buying created out of thin air but no one really knows.
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:33:48 PM

Crypto startup Zeus Exchange uses Chinese tech to transform shares via blockchain

http://technode.com/2017/11/28/crypto-startup-zeus-exchange-uses-chinese-tech-to-transform-shares-via-blockchain/

It will soon be possible to buy shares anonymously and securely anywhere in the world via cryptocurrency. And for smaller investors, shares of shares will be available, all for almost no transaction fees. TechCrunch Shanghai exhibitor, Russian startup Zeus Exchange, has registered in Singapore and become licensed in Cyprus to trade shares using the smart asset blockchain—the world’s first—developed by Chinese firm NEM. The framework could be particularly successful in China due to it allowing access to exchanges all around the world via Cyprus. Plus anonymously, and at small scale.

China is the only country in the world where individuals investors far exceed institutional traders: their trades make up 80% of the country’s $7.6 trillion market. They are the most active traders in the world and skeptical of funds as managers in the past have been known to engage in unethical manipulation of the market.

The process behind Zeus is somewhat complicated. An institutional investor that is holding a share of a company for the long term can effectively rent it out for a fee for a fixed term. The broker then uses this real share as the basis for creating a crypto asset which can be bought by clients of the broker via NEM’s blockchain ledger system and its XEM cryptocurrency (one of the top ten cryptocurrencies—in future, it will be possible to use other cryptocurrencies and the exchange will also allow trading between cryptocurrencies). When the exchange becomes fully functional in March 2018, it will effectively be able to decentralize a stock exchange...........

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:39:01 PM

Great to see NEM enjoying some positive price action today Smiley
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:59:17 PM

THX!

Also, don't forget the proof of importance protocol instead of pure proof of stake. That's something unique to NEM as well.

Yep, but price doesn´t care about tech, it´s just allways hype,
But believe you me, once we get out of this hype-cicle, we have somethings to say.
NEM is like a spring, loading . . . .

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:29:45 AM

This is funny  Cheesy Don't even know how Tether even comes into play, it's just another altcoin  Roll Eyes

Do a little reading and your smile will erase at the possibilities for doom it offers.

It's not really an alt. It's possibly nearly a billion dollars of buying created out of thin air but no one really knows.

Any FIAT/CRYPTO gateway should be considered the doomsday device then, the people coming into crypto space now are mostly dealing with FIAT->BTC not FIAT->USDT->BTC.

I can see traders being worried, not so much average joes who plan to hodl.

I don't see the reason to panic honestly.
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:56:09 AM

Crypto startup Zeus Exchange uses Chinese tech to transform shares via blockchain

http://technode.com/2017/11/28/crypto-startup-zeus-exchange-uses-chinese-tech-to-transform-shares-via-blockchain/

It will soon be possible to buy shares anonymously and securely anywhere in the world via cryptocurrency. And for smaller investors, shares of shares will be available, all for almost no transaction fees. TechCrunch Shanghai exhibitor, Russian startup Zeus Exchange, has registered in Singapore and become licensed in Cyprus to trade shares using the smart asset blockchain—the world’s first—developed by Chinese firm NEM. The framework could be particularly successful in China due to it allowing access to exchanges all around the world via Cyprus. Plus anonymously, and at small scale.

China is the only country in the world where individuals investors far exceed institutional traders: their trades make up 80% of the country’s $7.6 trillion market. They are the most active traders in the world and skeptical of funds as managers in the past have been known to engage in unethical manipulation of the market.

The process behind Zeus is somewhat complicated. An institutional investor that is holding a share of a company for the long term can effectively rent it out for a fee for a fixed term. The broker then uses this real share as the basis for creating a crypto asset which can be bought by clients of the broker via NEM’s blockchain ledger system and its XEM cryptocurrency (one of the top ten cryptocurrencies—in future, it will be possible to use other cryptocurrencies and the exchange will also allow trading between cryptocurrencies). When the exchange becomes fully functional in March 2018, it will effectively be able to decentralize a stock exchange...........

"developed by Chinese firm NEM" lol Cheesy
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:10:21 AM

"developed by Chinese firm NEM" lol Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy

march 2018 would be amazing !

poer

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 12:27:21 PM

http://explorer.ournem.com/#/harvestingCalculator

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
je@ngrey83

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:37:46 PM

THX!

Thank you all for this. I really wanted to add something original to my portfolio but I was finding only btc clones of sort. Glad I'm in!
Pages: « 1 ... 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 [1699] 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: