Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:51:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: BITMAIN has Tested Its 28nm Bitcoin Mining Chip BM1382  (Read 143972 times)
cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:28:51 AM

ebay is a good way to sell stuffs, but there can be scammers also. I hate ebay because of its high fees (both listing and paypal).

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:33:23 AM

ebay is a good way to sell stuffs, but there can be scammers also. I hate ebay because of its high fees (both listing and paypal).

Guys ...this is NOT E-Bay discussion...please stop it... Grin
Paxter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:33:33 AM

sometime when i read people post i sense that bitcoin is doomed to stay at 600$ but at the opposite if im making less bitcoin with the same gear and the price adjust every time at the end im still making the same amount of $$$ per hardware

i think after the January bubble thing have stabilized and miner should ask for their BTC the amount they think it worth if you are unable to make money retain you btc and the price will go up

Am I making any sens here cause something is wrong if all miners cannot have a ROI  
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:15:57 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 02:26:32 AM by jimmothy

Why? Bitmain buys heatsinks by the thousands.
You said heatsinks are cheap, and that there was probably $5 in metal.  So find me some; you made no mention of the quantities required to get that price.  In business I don't sell retail at my suppliers cost, I mark it up appropriately.  So what if BITMAIN can get them for $5 a piece, you and I can't.  By your logic BITMAIN should be selling these units at cost with zero profit. That may make sense in your head, but it's not how the real world works.
No I never said that they should sell anything with zero profit. You are saying it makes sense to remove all those parts forcing some unlucky buyer to pay for nonbulk replacements.

Here is prices pretty close to my estimates: http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/aluminium-heatsink-bonded-fin-heatsink_622412658.html

You are imagining that there will be ~$300 in savings which simply cannot be the case.
I already told you they were arbitrary numbers for sake of making a point.  Don't like $300? Fine, pick some other numbers.  

You can't use arbitrary/unrealistic numbers to make a point.
There cannot even be half that amount considering bitmain sold complete S1s for $200 and chips make up something like 50% of the production cost.
Oh sure, so you're going to get on my case for arbitrary numbers and then counter with your own arbitrary numbers.  Great debate, you should go on tour.  

My numbers are based on something at least. Hashratios bulky inefficient miners costs less than $0.8/gh to produce using chips that cost $0.35/gh.

So you are going do remove the heatsink/fan/thermalpaste/case/cables/controlboard and sell your asic boards to someone who will then have to add their own heatsink/fan/thermalpaste/case/cables/controlboard at a greater cost than bitmain would pay?
Yes, I'm going to undo the ribbon cables, fan connector, little tabs that hold the control board on, and the 40 screws holding the board on.  Fix up the paste and slap the new ones on.  As for what the other guy's going to do? Not my problem, and it really doesn't matter what BITMAIN pays, the end-user is not BITMAIN.  You, the other guy, and myself are not entitled to BITMAIN's pricing structure. As soon as you figure that out it's going to make digesting this a lot easier.

I estimate bitmain would save ~$40 per S3 by recycling S1 parts. (being optimistic. It's probably much less)

ribbon cables: $1
heatsink: $20
fan: $5
40 screws:$5
case: $10

And you would be forcing whoever buys your hardware to pay ~$75 to replace the $40 worth of parts you recycled.

So in this case you could either sell a complete S1 for ~$150 or 2 blades for ~$75 (assuming anyone actually wants to buy and reassemble them)

Whatever discount they give will be equal to or less than the amount your S1's depreciate after removing the parts. If they only discount the production costs(bulk rates) then you would be losing money by going with an upgrade kit. (save $40 but S1's depreciate $75)

It blows my mind that you think every miner is an intelligent rational actor.  How many of Asicminer's USB Erupters were sold that will never make their cost back?  How about AM Blades and Cubes?  How about all of the idiots who are still caught up in the BFL fiasco?  Why are people on EBAY paying more for second hand miners then they could buy them for right from the source?

The only people who didn't ROI were those who bought the AM BE usbs. And some people buy on ebay because they accept paypal and are willing to pay a premium for a bit of consumer protection.
ZiG

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:24:48 AM

Guys ...this is NOT E-Bay discussion...please stop it... Grin

OK...ENOUGH...Capisco... Huh

EDIT...:

It is still S3 thread...OK...

cesarm

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:31:00 AM

I think they cant simply send the same item costing sometimes x and sometimes x/10.

I believe there is also the insurance problem, if the item is lost or something they will get the declared value back only.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:13:13 AM

No I never said that they should sell anything with zero profit. You are saying it makes sense to remove all those parts forcing some unlucky buyer to pay for nonbulk replacements.
Forcing who to do what exactly?  I'm not forcing anyone to buy or do anything, it would entirely up to them to buy or not.

$8/kg MOQ of 100 units and absolutely no information regarding it's thermal dissipation characteristics.  Good choice.

You can't use arbitrary/unrealistic numbers to make a point.
Absolutely I can, it's obvious now that you either a) missed the point entirely; or b) you're trying to prove some other point.  I'm going to go with the latter.

My numbers are based on something at least. Hashratios bulky inefficient miners costs less than $0.8/gh to produce using chips that cost $0.35/gh.
Well they're not, and even if they were it is absolutely irrelevant to my point.

I estimate bitmain would save ~$40 per S3 by recycling S1 parts. (being optimistic. It's probably much less)

ribbon cables: $1
heatsink: $20
fan: $5
40 screws:$5
case: $10

Again, who cares what BITMAIN saves or doesn't.  If the the numbers are such that it makes more financial sense to upgrade the S1's than to buy new S3's then it makes financial sense to do so.  Pulling numbers out of your ass and arguing what you think BITMAIN's costs are or arent' is moot.

And you would be forcing whoever buys your hardware to pay ~$75 to replace the $40 worth of parts you recycled.
Again, not my problem and I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.  I'm guessing if I sell them at $0.25GH/s they're going to sell instantly regardless of what whomever has to buy them must do. 

So in this case you could either sell a complete S1 for ~$150 or 2 blades for ~$75 (assuming anyone actually wants to buy and reassemble them)
Did you even read my earlier comments?  I don't think you did, so I'm not even going to waste any more effort painting this picture for you.  You're hung up on a lot bullshit non-issue points that are irrelevant to my original comment.  I see now that the people who were talking about having you on ignore in the KnC thread wised up to you long ago, and for good reason.  I think I'll follow their lead on this one.
Pt0x

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:19:03 AM

Me too!!!

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw
Pjones

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:37:01 AM

Can someone remind me who the One True King is?
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:43:54 AM

Don't think of BTC at it's current value from day to day or month to month, this my padawan is the dark side.  Sure it sucks the value can't buy you  what it did 6 months ago currently but this isn't what it's about.  Just acquire it however, whenever you can without spending fiat you don't have.  The S1 was way overpriced at launch but performed what it needed to.  The S3 will be the same if the price is right at launch.  But either of these miners are short term, say 6 months or less then move on.  ROI can't truly be determined when the future of btc, within the next few years, is expected to reach a price most of us won't be able to buy it at.  Serious Miners won't be looking to buy an S3, just for resale.  But for the majority of us it fits the bill and runs without maintenance.  These will bring you profit, it's just how you view the term.
bigwig456

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:20:10 AM

I don't understand all the love you guys show for Bitmain. Yes, they have delivered. No, their price has been reasonable, but not good for us miners. Most likely, they are going to price S3 at over 1 BTC, I'd say around 1.6 BTC or so. Why would they undercut their S2 models by selling S3 at 1 BTC or lower? It makes no sense. Don't be a fanboi.
cxboyminer

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:25:25 AM

I will probably get the S1 upgrade kit instead Tongue Let's guess the HR of overclocked S3, 520GH/s for me  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:28:02 AM

I don't understand all the love you guys show for Bitmain. Yes, they have delivered. No, their price has been reasonable, but not good for us miners. Most likely, they are going to price S3 at over 1 BTC, I'd say around 1.6 BTC or so. Why would they undercut their S2 models by selling S3 at 1 BTC or lower? It makes no sense. Don't be a fanboi.
They ship on time with quality product at a reasonable price and don't fuck you over like 75% of other hardware makers.
It won't be that high because it costs a lot less to ship then the S2 and they don't supply a PSU or a sweet little LCD screen.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
tripppn

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:28:51 AM

I will probably get the S1 upgrade kit instead Tongue Let's guess the HR of overclocked S3, 520GH/s for me  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
My guess is 575GH/s

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:28:57 AM

I don't understand all the love you guys show for Bitmain. Yes, they have delivered. No, their price has been reasonable, but not good for us miners.

Donno, my last few S1s that haven't reached breakeven will do so very soon (and that's with paying Swedish VAT on them) My first batch are sitting at around 20-25% profit in BTC (what more could you reasonably ask for?)
ZiG

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:35:53 AM

Did you see that thread... Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.0;topicseen

No MORE S2..."Finito la comedia"... Grin

S3 time buddy...

cxboyminer

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:37:40 AM

My guess is 575GH/s

575gh is gonna use quite a bit of power lol

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
tripppn

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:42:08 AM

My guess is 575GH/s

Not much more then my S1s running at 200   Wink

― Frank Zappa
tripppn

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:42:49 AM

Did you see that thread... Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.0;topicseen

No MORE S2..."Finito la comedia"... Grin

S3 time buddy...

Start saving for your S4 if your a S2 fan

― Frank Zappa
cxboyminer

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:46:49 AM

My guess is 575GH/s

Not much more then my S1s running at 200   Wink

Im using a CX750 corsair running my overclocked S1 @ 200gh. surely it's not that high. Im disappointed that S3 is not based on S2, such as psu included Sad

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: