Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:10:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how should coin developers be remunerated?  (Read 4645 times)
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:08:00 PM

i guess people will never be happy and always complain about something and scream SCAM, and they look at seriously developing coins like for example Credits CRD see https://vimeo.com/100148381 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634403.0 ]

and completely ignore it, the coin is launched and kept alive non stop and worked on and developed on very hard as much as i see the dev. is a decent guy and keeps telling people not to complain later once the new wallet version 2.0 is released, but what will happen? probably after he released version 2.0/ and the people who are now mining at the low diff right now, and believe in the coin and are confident in it, they will be happy and profit, but the same people who ignore it right now, will scream even then SCAM! and instamine and shit like that.

fact is they will always have something to bitch about, because it is a bunch of losers. and its the same people probably who invested in all those scam IPO's which is by all logical means very risky, and this guy brings a product and is ignored

fuckin people just dumb

Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:30:22 AM

So devs shouldn't receive anything for their time, effort and innovation....?

Any proposals as to how it can be done? We thought we had a reasonable approach, but we have had to abandon it

Are you saying in the linked post that you abandoned the idea because it hasn't yet been done? 
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:16:29 AM

Any proposals as to how it can be done? We thought we had a reasonable approach, but we have had to abandon it

Are you saying in the linked post that you abandoned the idea because it hasn't yet been done? 

No, it has been done before, and there are multiple ways to technically implement the concept including existing methods such as freicoin.

The problem is that any potential method of implementation reduces down to requiring a change to the block chain that would break compatibility with existing crypto currency software, at the very least mining and pool software would be affected, worst case far more.

Breaking compatibility is too much of a price to pay, so we are forced to abandon the taxation based development fund model.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:22:14 AM

A new proposal, we'll call it a reverse IPO for now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.msg7764943#msg7764943

Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:12:30 PM

No, it has been done before, and there are multiple ways to technically implement the concept including existing methods such as freicoin.

The problem is that any potential method of implementation reduces down to requiring a change to the block chain that would break compatibility with existing crypto currency software, at the very least mining and pool software would be affected, worst case far more.

Breaking compatibility is too much of a price to pay, so we are forced to abandon the taxation based development fund model.

I haven't tested it out, but it seems that you could use lock_time to accomplish my proposal on the previous page. No?
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 04:41:06 PM

I haven't tested it out, but it seems that you could use lock_time to accomplish my proposal on the previous page. No?

See this thread for discussion, but, no.

The problem we found was that any taxation requires some transaction to be present (standard or non standard) in a block, any time you add a constraint like that any extending software (like mining software) needs to be modified to adhere to the constraint you added. This breaks compatibility, some coins may be happy with that, but it contradicts what we hope to achieve with Bitmark.

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:40:47 PM

block tax 1% of every block. If they stop working on the coin it's forked and that tax is cut off or pushed to an address of a new developer that takes over and works on the coin.

premines and instamines need to be stopped at once.

I have thought about that many times.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:47:15 PM

block tax 1% of every block. If they stop working on the coin it's forked and that tax is cut off or pushed to an address of a new developer that takes over and works on the coin.

premines and instamines need to be stopped at once.

I have thought about that many times.

Did you see the other proposal?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:59:45 PM

They don't deserve to be enumerated.
their bills are not my problem.. fuck em !

wanna make dumb ass excuses ? how did free services like Facebook or Google get off the ground ?

We call them scams because they are.. don't play games about it.

Proposal ?
Get a fucking job lazy greedy deceitful pricks.

FUD first & ask questions later™
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 06:10:28 PM

I always love your replies until they are in my threads, but then you make it better with a typo.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

i would take a bad speller any day over a snotty brat Grammar Nazi trolling (Off-Topic) on someone with insults.

most of you do not posses the ability to stay on topic and you are compelled to insult people
yet while doing that you have the bloody audacity to criticize a guys spelling ? For Real ? LOL

gimme a break  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:35:35 PM

See this thread for discussion, but, no.

The problem we found was that any taxation requires some transaction to be present (standard or non standard) in a block, any time you add a constraint like that any extending software (like mining software) needs to be modified to adhere to the constraint you added. This breaks compatibility, some coins may be happy with that, but it contradicts what we hope to achieve with Bitmark.

Interesting thread, thanks. 
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 06:39:04 PM

gimme a break  Roll Eyes

If I came across wrong sorry, that wasn't my intention.

You made a perfectly valid argument, and one I agree with, any valuation of a project or currency should be earned not presupposed or inflated.

That's principal one of my own project.

Thanks for your input Spoetnik, it was appreciated.

Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:39:24 PM

wanna make dumb ass excuses ? how did free services like Facebook or Google get off the ground ?

Proposal ?

+1 For lulz.

FB and Goog got of the grownd threw ventura Capital.
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:45:26 PM

how did free services like Facebook or Google get off the ground ?

Hmm..
How about ad-displaying wallets then?

As in - Can't receive any coins until having clicked them...

“God does not play dice"
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:48:07 PM

So do people who disagree with developers being compensated for their time also think that Gavin et al should stop being paid to work on Bitcoin?
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:15:06 PM

So you think Mark Zuckerberg got facebook to where it is now out of his own pocket? That neither facebook or google had investors or what would be considered an IPO in altcoin terms?

I personally think coinbase donations are the way to go. Dev's still get compensated for their effort but the risk of a premine dump is largely reduced.

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:03:24 PM

Perhaps we should make a new crypto generated through 'proof of coin' (PoC) whenever a new crypto gets listed on an exchange, lol.

More seriously, the block tax seems like the most sensible option I've heard.
defaced
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 11:56:02 PM

Proposal ?

Wasnt facebook started by students at harvard and didnt they have $20k? I mean.. thats not much but it isnt "nothing" by any means.

Fortune Favors the Brave
defaced
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 11:56:46 PM

Proposal ?

+1 For lulz.

FB and Goog got of the grownd threw ventura Capital.

And this

Fortune Favors the Brave
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: