Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DKC] DijkstraCoin | PoW + PoS |New Algorithm Transactions|No IPO  (Read 28667 times)
edsger.dj (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

Suprnova NG DIK Pool for you:

https://dik.suprnova.cc

http://www.suprnova.cc/suprnova-logo-1-small.jpg

This is a Suprnova NG Pool, you can use your unified login there and all your pool workers from earlier setups too.

SSO Single-Sign-On on this Pool - You can also use your previously set up workers !
Payouts every 30 seconds
DDoS protected
Suprnova Quality, lots of experience in all kind of hashes - we had the first X13 Stratum !
Highly optimized Stratums and MPOS implementations.
Idle Worker Notifications
Two Factor Authentication if wanted
Support 24x7 via IRC,Mail,PM etc.
Only 1 % fee ! (thats 50% lower than most other Pools !)

Tested and Approvied Mining Rigs can be rented here: (Scrypt) http://www.miningrigrentals.com

WE HAVE TO TRY IF SCRPYT WORKS FIRST !
DIK?Please change to DKC, thank you
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 05:31:54 PM

This is a Suprnova NG Pool, you can use your unified login there and all your pool workers from earlier setups too.

SSO Single-Sign-On on this Pool - You can also use your previously set up workers !
Payouts every 30 seconds
DDoS protected
Suprnova Quality, lots of experience in all kind of hashes - we had the first X13 Stratum !

Tested and Approvied Mining Rigs can be rented here: (Scrypt) http://www.miningrigrentals.com

Lots of Blocks found - works !

Suprnova #1 :-)))

FIRST  Grin

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 05:33:08 PM

Payouts every 30 seconds
DDoS protected

Changed to DKC

edsger.dj (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:42:46 PM

http://www.suprnova.cc/suprnova-logo-1-small.jpg

Payouts every 30 seconds
DDoS protected

Changed to DKC

thank you
tacee

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:05:05 PM

scam and shitcoin ,over~
hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:07:09 PM

No new algo,dev cheating.

Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:15:49 PM

wtf. found block and lost him

Orphan.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 06:18:09 PM

X11 software will work on this?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:18:45 PM

No new algo,dev cheating.

There is a new algo. The dev just can't speak english well or something. As far as I can tell, the algo is applied to the transactions, not the POW. It is a scrypt coin with Dijkstra's algorithm applied to transactions. Not sure how much faster transactions will be though.. would love to see some results from the testing. This type of innovation could mean all coins follow suit and apply it to their transactions.
Shadow_Runner

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:20:57 PM

Bitcoin needs faster transactions. Sometimes it takes a hour for confirmations.  Undecided
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 06:36:06 PM

X11 software will work on this?

No it is scrypt

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:46:46 PM

Hi Dev,

I see that you have provided some information about Dijkstra's algorithm which is great. But what we really want to know is how this algorithm is applied to transactions and why it makes it faster? And even more important, the results of the tests. How much faster does this algorithm make transactions? Do some testing with and without the algorithm applied and show us the results. Put together a short description of how and why this algorithm makes transactions faster. I know this algorithm and am very interested in investing in this coin if it can improve transaction time. Every other coin will want to apply this algorithm to their transactions as well. If you can provide us with this information, this coin will see huge success.

Thanks
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:49:24 PM

scam. I'm surprised suprnova hopped on it :/
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 07:42:09 PM

Why scam ? Just because its still scrypt ?

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:52:54 PM

I wouldn't jump to call it a scam just yet. The developer created unrealistic expectations when he said the POW algorithm is DIJKSTRA. So now people may think it's a scam. If he always said it was scrypt with Dijkstra applied to transactions then your expectations would have been met. I think this may have been an unfortunate communication issue. If you think about the algorithm applied to transactions it is a really innovative idea. I'm looking forward to seeing more about this coin. The developer hasn't really explained the concept to people. Everyone just thought new POW algorithm, better jump on it right away. I think there is huge potential in this coin as it is doing something that may improve all crypto.
Shadow_Runner

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:55:42 PM

I wouldn't jump to call it a scam just yet. The developer created unrealistic expectations when he said the POW algorithm is DIJKSTRA. So now people may think it's a scam. If he always said it was scrypt with Dijkstra applied to transactions then your expectations would have been met. I think this may have been an unfortunate communication issue. If you think about the algorithm applied to transactions it is a really innovative idea. I'm looking forward to seeing more about this coin.

What is that all means? Faster confirmations?
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:15:47 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 08:55:30 PM by kryptologist

I wouldn't jump to call it a scam just yet. The developer created unrealistic expectations when he said the POW algorithm is DIJKSTRA. So now people may think it's a scam. If he always said it was scrypt with Dijkstra applied to transactions then your expectations would have been met. I think this may have been an unfortunate communication issue. If you think about the algorithm applied to transactions it is a really innovative idea. I'm looking forward to seeing more about this coin.

If I understand how the dev is implementing this, then there should be faster confirmations. Although I have no idea how much faster it would make confirmations it does make sense to optimize transactions geographically. Dijkstra's algorithm is a geographic distance analysis. For example, say I want to send crypto from my wallet in California to a store in New York. Typically you would send your crypto and it would be confirmed on the network. But where geographically is it on the network? If you need say 6 confirmations, you might be getting these confirmations from anywhere on the network. So if there is a node in china that will confirm the transaction, the data must travel from my telephone poles/ISP provider, across the ocean floor and to the node in china (yes there are large fiber optic cords connecting the internet between continents) to get the confirmation.  All six confirmation could be from anywhere in the world. Therefore the data must travel much further geographic distances. Data must travel either through internet cords or wireless to different geographhic locations throughout the world. Dijkstra's algorithm will reduce the geographic distance needed. So in the example where I am sending money from California to New York, dijkstra's algorithm will find the 6 most optimum nodes (geographically) between California and New York. This algorithm looks at the location of the start and end points and all the edges (lines connecting the nodes) in order to determine the best route. So the 6 nodes needed to confirm the transaction would be in between California and New York. There is no need to send data all over the world for confirmations. I believe this would optimize data flow of transactions.

That said, I haven't actually looked at the code yet. I hope the developer can explain the details of how Dijkstra's algorithm is applied. Please correct anything I may have said.

edsger.dj, if your team needs any help I am interested in joining. Even just to explain concepts and relay information to people. I feel people need to understand the concept and see some results. I will go over the code in the next fews days. You should update the first page immediately to let everyone know this is a scrypt coin and the innovation is in improving transactions.
T-800

Activity: 205
Merit: 105

【Ƀ】➔ ☽

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:55:29 PM

If I understand how the dev is implementing this, then there should be faster confirmations. Although I have no idea how much faster it would make confirmations it does make sense to optimize transactions geographically. Dijkstra's algorithm is a geographic distance analysis. For example, say I want to send crypto from my wallet in California to a store in New York. Typically you would send your crypto and it would be confirmed on the network. But where geographically is it on the network? If you need say 6 confirmations, you might be getting these confirmations from anywhere on the network. So if there is a node in china that will confirm the transaction, the data must travel from my telephone poles/ISP provider, across the ocean floor and to the node in china (yes there are large fiber optic cords connecting the internet between continents) to get the confirmation.  All six confirmation could be from anywhere in the world. Therefore the data must travel much further geographic distances. Data must travel either through internet cords or wireless to different geographhic locations throughout the world. Dijkstra's algorithm will reduce the geographic distance needed. So in the example where I am sending money from California to New York, dijkstra's algorithm will find the 6 most optimum nodes (geographically) between California and New York. This algorithm looks at the location of the start and end points and all the edges (lines connecting the nodes) in order to determine the best route. So the 6 nodes needed to confirm the transaction would be in between California and New York. There is no need to send data all over the world for confirmations. I believe this would optimize data flow of transactions.

That said, I haven't actually looked at the code yet. I hope the developer can explain the details of how Dijkstra's algorithm is applied. Please correct anything I may have said.

edsger.dj, if your team needs any help I am interested in joining. Even just to explain concepts and relay information to people. I feel people need to understand the concept and see some results. I will go over the code in the next fews days. You should update the first page immediately to let everyone know this is a scrypt coin and the innovation is in improving transactions.

Sounds interesting, lets hope it really works like that.

Shadow_Runner

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:57:14 PM

Okay. Let's see hows it going.
ThatDandyMan

Activity: 175
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

The title clearly says "ASIC Resistant" but I can easily mine using my Gridseed ASIC. Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: