Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help from theymos : Can't Access My acc/  (Read 4534 times)
amit123 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:28:32 PM

I'm just wondering how it all happened, on the night of 20th june my acc/ was working without any problem and the next morning it says I entered a wrong password , today I sent a PM to myself to test whether I get a notification on my mialing acc/ or not but I didn't got any, so it is clear that my email is not in batabase anymore ..! how is it possible there are no signs that its been hacked because no one tried to login into my acc/ after 20th.
what I'm trying to say is if there is any such vulnerability that someone might exploit in future...

Theymos is active most of the times on this forum..! and I can understand he got a lot to do apart from reassigning my acc/ a mailing address. but take a look into it if you get some time , thanks

(BTC          CRYPTOMINE          BTC)  High Energy Efficiency        Innovative Technical Architecture      SIGN UP NOW!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PROFITABLE CLOUD MINING   Libertarian Business Model  Mine BITCOIN or ALTCOIN              VISIT OUR THREAD!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amit123 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:29:23 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:06:38 AM by amit123

EDIT***
I just realized that the message I sent earlier to theymos was different to what i signed SORRY FOR THAT ..!
 now I sent theymos another PM with a signed message and this time i verified it to know if it is indeed correct . I hope I'll get it back now. Smiley  

(BTC          CRYPTOMINE          BTC)  High Energy Efficiency        Innovative Technical Architecture      SIGN UP NOW!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PROFITABLE CLOUD MINING   Libertarian Business Model  Mine BITCOIN or ALTCOIN              VISIT OUR THREAD!
amit123 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:06:25 PM

Account Summary of amitrwt says " Last Active:    June 22, 2014, 05:22:38 PM " I lost it on 20th , Looks like someone tried to sneak in on 22nd.

amit123 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:57:33 AM

Usually how much time Theymos takes to resolve the account recovery PM. Anyone here recovered their accounts in past..? if yes how much time it takes, I sent a PM to theymos 3 days ago.?

moreia

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:17:41 AM

Did you end up recovering your account OP? If you need help signing the message I can give you a hand if you please Smiley
amit123 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:42:22 PM

Did you end up recovering your account OP? If you need help signing the message I can give you a hand if you please Smiley
No I haven't recovered my acc/ yet..! and I sent a PM to theymos on 24th if i'm not mistaken with time difference. How can you help, you had any similar experience in past..?

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:05:34 PM

Sometimes it takes theymos a while to respond  Undecided
amit123 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:43:49 PM

Sometimes it takes theymos a while to respond  Undecided
Ok I can wait if that's what is required,  I hope eventually it all gets shorted out, before something bad happens ..!

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:53:09 PM

If he doesn't answer after a couple days, send it again, it probably got buried/lost. I'll sometimes leave a pm for later then forget about it when something else comes up, or it gets buried in a flood of reported pms. A mention it's the 2nd/3rd/4th time you've sent may help, but don't be a douche about it.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
amit123 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:57:44 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 11:07:29 AM by amit123

If he doesn't answer after a couple days, send it again, it probably got buried/lost. I'll sometimes leave a pm for later then forget about it when something else comes up, or it gets buried in a flood of reported pms. A mention it's the 2nd/3rd/4th time you've sent may help, but don't be a douche about it.
A PM from your side to theymos might help.
I Just sent theymos one more PM on same Subject . I can understand how difficult it is to manage something like bitcointalk and handle all the queries ..!

amit123 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:25:04 PM

Still struggling to get back my account  Angry

Zebra

Activity: 612
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:51:44 AM

I can see your main account is logged in just now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=239496
Did you get it back, or is it the hacker?

amit123 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:02:47 AM

I can see your main account is logged in just now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=239496
Naa that's not me .  and that's the problem, if someone else uses that acc/ or sells it to someone with bad intentions ...! I again request mods to pls take a look in this issue as I'm trying to recover my account from 12 days and sent 5 bitcoin signed Pm's to theymos to prove my authenticity ,  I don't know what else i have to do..!

Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:27:14 AM

Naa that's not me .  and that's the problem, if someone else uses that acc/ or sells it to someone with bad intentions ...! I again request mods to pls take a look in this issue as I'm trying to recover my account from 12 days and sent 5 bitcoin signed Pm's to theymos to prove my authenticity ,  I don't know what else i have to do..!

What about sending the "recover account PM" to badbear as well?
It won't help you recover the account, but badbear should be able to confirm you are the original account owner and give the account a negative trust for "possibly hacked" to prevent scams.

amit123 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:30:07 AM

What about sending the "recover account PM" to badbear as well?
It won't help you recover the account, but badbear should be able to confirm you are the original account owner and give the account a negative trust for "possibly hacked" to prevent scams.
I sent a PM to badbear few days ago... but If you say I'll do it again..! I don't know whether he was able to check my last PM or not I never got any acknowledgement.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:25:35 PM

I checked the messages you sent me, both of them fail to verify, including the one you sent me this morning. You broke it by adding extraneous spaces, <> symbols, and/or bold tags. I took the information provided and made the message myself properly, and it verifies fine, I sent you the correctly formatted message, though I don't know if theymos is going to bother reading your messages now.

If you format the message properly, you should be able to copy the entire message directly and verify it. I would recommend everyone test your own message before sending it. https://brainwallet.github.io/#verify If you copy your message there, and nothing happens when you hit verify, your message is not correct. I don't recommend you use their tool to sign though.

This is a properly formatted signed message, and can be copied directly to verification field and will pass, try it yourself.
https://brainwallet.github.io/#verify

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account BadBear has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to l33t.what@derp.io The current date is 07/02/2014.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG
HAO3/VZPRF25sEEnUO0kKccCbnzk3FD9DVCihCMMrdcHB4sMZP5abv/dmkf82RYt5KuuyVIhWvkBCBxvPSoR3D4=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

This is a message that will fail to verify.

My account BadBear has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to l33t.what@derp.io The current date is 07/02/2014.
<1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG>
<HAO3/VZPRF25sEEnUO0kKccCbnzk3FD9DVCihCMMrdcHB4sMZP5abv/dmkf82RYt5KuuyVIhWvkBCBxvPSoR3D4=>

This is also a message that will fail to verify.

HAO3/VZPRF25sEEnUO0kKccCbnzk3FD9DVCihCMMrdcHB4sMZP5abv/dmkf82RYt5KuuyVIhWvkBCBxvPSoR3D4=

etc etc

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
amit123 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:30:31 PM

Thanks Badbear that is all what I was asking for  Although I verified the message before sending it to theymos but I did it manually on blockchain by entering data in 3 fields [btc address, Message , Sign] , I didn't knew I have to verify the whole message at once , my bad . And yeah I can understand this issue has a low priority on theymos's list as he has to deal with lots of other much more complicated/important stuff..!
again Thanks.

amit123 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:31:39 PM

I don't know whether it was a wise decision but I sent a PM to theymos using a new acc/ .

eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:43:40 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 04:39:56 AM by eid

I don't know whether it was a wise decision but I sent a PM to theymos using a new acc/ .

That'll certainly get his attention. Perhaps not in the way you want though.  Cheesy
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:56:49 PM

I checked the messages you sent me, both of them fail to verify, including the one you sent me this morning. You broke it by adding extraneous spaces, <> symbols, and/or bold tags. I took the information provided and made the message myself properly, and it verifies fine, I sent you the correctly formatted message, though I don't know if theymos is going to bother reading your messages now.

If you format the message properly, you should be able to copy the entire message directly and verify it. I would recommend everyone test your own message before sending it. https://brainwallet.github.io/#verify If you copy your message there, and nothing happens when you hit verify, your message is not correct. I don't recommend you use their tool to sign though.

This is a properly formatted signed message, and can be copied directly to verification field and will pass, try it yourself.
https://brainwallet.github.io/#verify

This is a message that will fail to verify.

<1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG>
<HAO3/VZPRF25sEEnUO0kKccCbnzk3FD9DVCihCMMrdcHB4sMZP5abv/dmkf82RYt5KuuyVIhWvkBCBxvPSoR3D4=>

This is also a message that will fail to verify.

etc etc

Also, when sending PMs with a signed message put the message and the signature in separate code fields(e.g. [code ]some text[/code ] (just without spaces at the end of the word "code") ). Different browsers see the text differently otherwise (additional new lines, etc.). I experienced this myself once.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: