Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:33:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI: buying coffee with cash = terrorist  (Read 4758 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 06:33:51 PM

I must not be in on the 'know' or something, as I don't get how this is interesting.

- Either it's a joke, and boring.
- Or it's real, and who cares, because it doesn't affect anybody, because it has no bite.
- Or it's real, and who cares, because I'm sure your average coffee server never got the memo.

Summary: bunch of anti-government people on a libertarian forum either have their inside jokes, or they go around and get all up in arms over non events.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 07:26:05 PM

It is one of the funnest threads in a long time.....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 07:33:47 PM

Brought to you by Bruno, of Castle IL!

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 08:14:58 PM

So what, just continue to pay your coffee cash. Once they have a few hundred million terrorist they have to take actions ... or so.  Tongue

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 08:45:26 PM

What if I buy my cash with coffee?

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 08:56:29 PM

Brought to you by Bruno, of Castle IL!

It's Bruno of Sandwich, Illinois, located VERY near the corner of Castle and Center streets. I could gentling toss a sugar cube out my window and hit the middle of the T-intersection.

Only 5 more hours to prove that the FBI has nothing but pussies on their force. Pussies for not enforcing a law of which they imposed. My crime: paying for coffee with cash--I'm a Terrorist!

~Bruno~
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 09:11:48 PM

My mistake. Bruno of Sandwich, IL.

www.bitminter.com

!
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 09:46:33 PM

Ok and if someone allways buys coffe with a card, their FBI. Its great than VISA and Mastercard know straight away who the FBI are, those erhm...smart ones who everyday purchase coffe with a card or wait, they buy every other time cash and every other time with card to appear normal...

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 09:48:33 PM

You still there PG? Feds didnt get you yet,did they?

www.bitminter.com

!
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 09:55:50 PM

Howto identify a dangerous paranoid person.

If you hear someone who thinks they see a terrorist because they allways buy coffe with cash.
Report this person to the NSA.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 02:28:55 AM

Howto identify a dangerous paranoid person.

If you hear someone who thinks they see a terrorist because they allways buy coffe with cash.
Report this person to the NSA.

Wait, what? This can't be right! Is it?

You still there PG? Feds didnt get you yet,did they?

Well, it's been over 24 hours and I'm sad to report that THE FBI CONSIST OF NOTHING BUT PUSSIES!!!

Now, let's look at how stupid this is. If you were to go into most convenience stores and try to pay for a cup of coffee with a credit card, guess what. Most of the time you won't be able to do it.

How many of you have seen a sign like this before?

Now, if the FBI can't even get this tiny aspect right, what the fuck else are they getting wrong?

~Bruno~
Kettenmonster

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 10:52:25 AM

I guess you made up that picture using gimp or so. Remember you are a terrorist, thus can´t be trusted! Huh

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 01:59:08 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2012, 02:09:56 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I guess you made up that picture using gimp or so. Remember you are a terrorist, thus can´t be trusted! Huh

I can see it now. Me, as the Da Bitcoin Guy, trying to get pass TSA in my get-up after purchasing a cup of coffee at the terminal. They'll be looking at these shoes after they when through the metal detector.

On a side note, I'm glad the government is finally declaring war on the internet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0OZlGu-kMo
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 03:20:13 PM

If every transaction is done using the debit/credit cards the banks will be able to effectively tax every purchase. This is not due to deregulation, in fact it is illegal in most (if not all) states to charge customers differently based on the method of payment.
Kettenmonster

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:17:44 PM

Wanna learn how to tie your shoe?

It's a very easy thing to do
Just sit on down and I'll give you the scoop
What's that? It's called the loop-dee-loop
You gotta take a lace in each hand
You go over and under again
You make a loop-dee-loop and pull
And your shoes are lookin' cool
You go over and back, left to right
Loop-dee-loop and you pull 'em tight
Like bunny ears or a Christmas bow
Lace 'em up and you're ready to go

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:33:40 PM

I accidentally went to defcon one year (long story), and gathered myself a "computer brain". I wanted to fly home with it so before getting in line I asked TSA agents what I should do with this bucket of components in red colored water (simulating formaldehyde). They said dump out the liquid so I had to go into the bathroom and take a stall... then dump dump dump dump dump dump dump dump dump. Then I got in line. When my time came I got the special treatment because the manager wanted to see my computer brain.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 12:26:57 AM

Just glad I live in the UK (for now) .As paying is cash for a cup of coffee is still normal even though a fair number of people use loyalty cards and debit cards now to pay for a cup of coffee.
I once saw a person in UK buying an iPhone 4S in cash (yeah,you heard that right) and there was no apparrent issue with the store/customer over this.Not even a suspicion (the customer in question was not from the UK).This was the Apple store as well.Apparently if you have the means to buy something,it's not suspicous (I guess) over here.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
FirstAscent

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 05:07:39 AM

Just glad I live in the UK (for now). As paying is cash for a cup of coffee is still normal even though a fair number of people use loyalty cards and debit cards now to pay for a cup of coffee.
I once saw a person in UK buying an iPhone 4S in cash (yeah,you heard that right) and there was no apparrent issue with the store/customer over this.Not even a suspicion (the customer in question was not from the UK).This was the Apple store as well.Apparently if you have the means to buy something,it's not suspicous (I guess) over here.

This is funny. What I mean is, it's funny how your belief of what it's like to pay for stuff in the U.S. is skewed by forum threads like this. For your information, the reality is, paying for stuff in the U.S. is exactly as you have just described it in the UK.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 10:23:29 AM

Just glad I live in the UK (for now). As paying is cash for a cup of coffee is still normal even though a fair number of people use loyalty cards and debit cards now to pay for a cup of coffee.

This is funny. What I mean is, it's funny how your belief of what it's like to pay for stuff in the U.S. is skewed by forum threads like this. For your information, the reality is, paying for stuff in the U.S. is exactly as you have just described it in the UK.

I accept that my view is skewed by threads like this.Thing is though that this info has also been talked about on other parts of the net as well so I got that impresson from those sites as well.I rely on the internet and other sources to find out what things are like outside the UK as I tend not to trust mainstream news (on tech anyway as they fear monger about privacy enabling hackers,blah,blah.) If the US is like UK for paying for things (as described above) then it's all good. I do wonder how many shop keepers actually take this advice seriously as most people will continue to use their common sense on what's odd and what's normal. Maybe this advice is just there to keep people on their toes rather than help anyhting,who knows?

FirstAscent

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 05:00:00 PM

I do wonder how many shop keepers actually take this advice seriously as most people will continue to use their common sense on what's odd and what's normal. Maybe this advice is just there to keep people on their toes rather than help anyhting,who knows?

I think everyone missed that memo. Short answer as to who takes it seriously: nobody, because nobody knows about it - not management, not the cashiers, and not the paying public. And if they did know about it, nobody would care.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: