Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:43:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Unmoderated General Discussions.  (Read 492707 times)
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:16:36 PM

All of this might be a moot point in 5 years, but at the moment it's quite relevant, and it needs exploring as this is probably where the CANN devs will need the most help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GambleToWin

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:22:48 PM

I called Nick, the original Potcoin dev two weeks ago and we discussed this very issue.  The Potcoin team is well aware of the legal issues surrounding crypto and River Rock dispensary in Colorado is taking a very cautionary approach to accepting cryptocurrencies for Cannabis.  Once you start accepting crypto for Cannabis in a retail business, you are putting yourself under Federal jurisdiction as a money transmitter.

You've been going fine, but now you've stepped into the realm of the blatantly not true.

There's nothing about accepting crypto as a merchant that makes your a money transmitter.

I never said accepting crypto is illegal... I said that a business that goes into exchanging USD for crypto requires a money transmitter license.

But they won't be exchanging USD for crypto, they will be selling their crypto for USD!! Lol plus isnt this bud delta9 and the teams bud and the shops are selling them for him and paying him a fee to exchange there!? If so he'll be dealing with the coins from there. If that's what I understand from him growing a current type of strain you can buy with it. Besides the ones they already have that aren't Canndy!

No, that's not how it works.  Selling USD for Crypto or vice versa is considered money transmitting... and it's completely legal provided that you have a money transmitter license and you follow KYC/AML guidelines.

Okay then, why not just follow the guidelines then. I mean if there are 1000+ shops that accept bitcoin and can follow the laws. Why can't Cann do the same?

Yes they accept Bitcoin, but they do not sell Bitcoin.  

We are talking about two different things here.

So your telling me the shops that get millions of days worth of BTC keep them in BTC? You don't think they sell them for cash on the exchanges!!?

You are completely missing the point.  The point is that if you want to sell CANN, or BTC, or any crypto in exchange for USD, you can be considered a money transmitter.  

I was incorrect when I said you need a license to accept crypto.  Obviously that's not true.  Anyone can accept crypto for payments.  

Where it gets tricky is how do you sell CANN to regular people that don't know how to acquire Bitcoin?  This is where you need to be careful.

We'll is just selling a "paper wallet" then after sending that person " Free "coins against any rules!?they are paying for piece of paper, not the actual coins. I mean they aren't considered money right but more of a Commodity?

They were classified by the IRS as a commodity for tax purposes... but the legal system seems to be clear...

http://www.dw.de/bitcoin-promoter-shrem-pleads-guilty-to-unlicensed-currency-use/a-17902990

What I saw was that he was selling bitcoins to users that we're buying Illegal drugs, Cann coins drugs are legal and medical. He was also Selling them As a "business". The shops that accept Cann business isn't to buy or sell Cann or any crypto to users, but to sell medical marijuana? So what that guy did was totally different. His business was to buy and sell bitcoins to people that then used them to buy illegal drugs.

The shops take their cann trade them for BTC then go to coinbase sell them, then pay taxes for their income.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:00:33 PM

I called Nick, the original Potcoin dev two weeks ago and we discussed this very issue.  The Potcoin team is well aware of the legal issues surrounding crypto and River Rock dispensary in Colorado is taking a very cautionary approach to accepting cryptocurrencies for Cannabis.  Once you start accepting crypto for Cannabis in a retail business, you are putting yourself under Federal jurisdiction as a money transmitter.

You've been going fine, but now you've stepped into the realm of the blatantly not true.

There's nothing about accepting crypto as a merchant that makes your a money transmitter.

I never said accepting crypto is illegal... I said that a business that goes into exchanging USD for crypto requires a money transmitter license.

But they won't be exchanging USD for crypto, they will be selling their crypto for USD!! Lol plus isnt this bud delta9 and the teams bud and the shops are selling them for him and paying him a fee to exchange there!? If so he'll be dealing with the coins from there. If that's what I understand from him growing a current type of strain you can buy with it. Besides the ones they already have that aren't Canndy!

No, that's not how it works.  Selling USD for Crypto or vice versa is considered money transmitting... and it's completely legal provided that you have a money transmitter license and you follow KYC/AML guidelines.

Okay then, why not just follow the guidelines then. I mean if there are 1000+ shops that accept bitcoin and can follow the laws. Why can't Cann do the same?

Yes they accept Bitcoin, but they do not sell Bitcoin.  

We are talking about two different things here.

So your telling me the shops that get millions of days worth of BTC keep them in BTC? You don't think they sell them for cash on the exchanges!!?

You are completely missing the point.  The point is that if you want to sell CANN, or BTC, or any crypto in exchange for USD, you can be considered a money transmitter.  

I was incorrect when I said you need a license to accept crypto.  Obviously that's not true.  Anyone can accept crypto for payments.  

Where it gets tricky is how do you sell CANN to regular people that don't know how to acquire Bitcoin?  This is where you need to be careful.

We'll is just selling a "paper wallet" then after sending that person " Free "coins against any rules!?they are paying for piece of paper, not the actual coins. I mean they aren't considered money right but more of a Commodity?

They were classified by the IRS as a commodity for tax purposes... but the legal system seems to be clear...

http://www.dw.de/bitcoin-promoter-shrem-pleads-guilty-to-unlicensed-currency-use/a-17902990

What I saw was that he was selling bitcoins to users that we're buying Illegal drugs, Cann coins drugs are legal and medical. He was also Selling them As a "business". The shops that accept Cann business isn't to buy or sell Cann or any crypto to users, but to sell medical marijuana? So what that guy did was totally different. His business was to buy and sell bitcoins to people that then used them to buy illegal drugs.

The shops take their cann trade them for BTC then go to coinbase sell them, then pay taxes for their income.

1) In the eyes of the Federal government, Cannabis is an illegal drug, which is why people should tread carefully

2) I was responding to a user who suggested that the dispensary sell CANN for Fiat
CannabisCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Official CannabisCoin Team [CANN]

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:09:53 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 11:34:54 PM by CannabisCoinDev

From the TEAM:

As of right now,  CannabisCoin is NOT being sold in any form by any business other than exchanges.

The CannabisCoin team does not see ATMs as a solution and see it more of a marketing scheme used by other coins.  Potcoin CIO himself mentioned they aren't doing ATMs anymore.  Go figure.

DeltaNine and the Team have legitimate plans which are by the way, backed by a law firm.

Patrick of Canna coin CCN aka TokyoPotato, You have been relentlessly questioning the teams efforts and credibility without reason other than to raise concern and direct attention to "Canna" coin CCN.  This is not good practice nor ethical from a "community leader".  DeltaNine has been courteous enough to Skype with you and take time out of his movement to talk about future collaborations. This is just a distraction for the team right now.

Regarding collaboration with CannaCoin CCN:

DeltaNine and the CannabisCoin Team has decided not to further collaborate with Canna Coin CCN for current projects or any potential projects implied by TokyoPotato/CCN/Canna coin at this point in time.

The CannabisCoin Team is comprised of industry professionals.  We adhere to professionalism.

If you would like to address your concerns with DeltaNine, Skype him personally.

~Dev Team

Cannabis Coin Team - Community run, NOT Company run!
The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:38:55 PM

So tokyopotato is from CCN? lol that figures. In here trying to discredit this coin, instead of promoting your own and the industry as a whole is a petty, immature course of action.

DELETED
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:59:34 PM

So tokyopotato is from CCN? lol that figures. In here trying to discredit this coin, instead of promoting your own and the industry as a whole is a petty, immature course of action.

Oh my God man.  Is discussions not allowed on this forum?  I am promoting the industry.  That's why I am bringing these points up. When people suggest doing things that could potentially land people in a lot of trouble, I think it's the right thing to do to work together to clarify what the right way to go is.

This is why we have offered to work with CannabisCoin in order to thread these regulatory needles so to speak.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:02:31 AM

From the TEAM:

As of right now,  CannabisCoin is NOT being sold in any form by any business other than exchanges.

The CannabisCoin team does not see ATMs as a solution and see it more of a marketing scheme used by other coins.  Potcoin CIO himself mentioned they aren't doing ATMs anymore.  Go figure.

DeltaNine and the Team have legitimate plans which are by the way, backed by a law firm.

Patrick of Canna coin CCN aka TokyoPotato, You have been relentlessly questioning the teams efforts and credibility without reason other than to raise concern and direct attention to "Canna" coin CCN.  This is not good practice nor ethical from a "community leader".  DeltaNine has been courteous enough to Skype with you and take time out of his movement to talk about future collaborations. This is just a distraction for the team right now.

DeltaNine and the CannabisCoin Team has decided not to further collaborate with Canna Coin CCN for current projects or any potential projects implied by TokyoPotato/CCN/Canna coin at this point in time.

The CannabisCoin Team is comprised of industry professionals.  We adhere to professionalism.

If you would like to address your concerns with DeltaNine, Skype him personally.

~Dev Team

I was not aware that actual discussions and debates constituted harm.  I hope you guys re-think your position and get in contact with us.
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:03:19 AM

And this is something you choose to ignore?

"DeltaNine and the CannabisCoin Team has decided not to further collaborate with Canna Coin CCN for current projects or any potential projects implied by TokyoPotato/CCN/Canna coin at this point in time."

DELETED
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:09:10 AM

This is really incorrect.  When did I ever question the teams efforts or credibility?

1) I questioned whether or not your team intended to peg 1-1 from the beginning and that there might have been a wiser way to approach this type of redemption

and

2) I questioned a user who suggested that your dispensary was going to sell CANN for USD.

I sincerely apologize for this extremely harmful conversation.
bitkee

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:09:29 AM

The CannabisCoin team, The Community, and Bitkee.com are partnering together to create something special for a certain somebody.

That someone is Charlotte Figi

Her story here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661885.msg8683122#msg8683122

CannabisCoin Team has asked the community to donate to her cause instead of the team from the first day of existence.

We are creating her metal wallet donated by the caring guys at Bitkee.com - makers of physical wallets.

DeltaNine is in contact with Charlottes mother and plans to deliver it.  She is aware we have the wallet.

We will keep you posted!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw5QURZIYAAJ1n3.jpg

Thank You Everyone!

Many thanks to the CannabisCoin dev team for contacting us to create a wallet for a very special young girl, Charlotte, and her courageous family.

We're excited for this opportunity and thank you to the CannabisCoin community for the donations and support for the Figi family.

Thanks again,
Jay @ bitkee

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:31:05 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 01:15:00 AM by fartbags

And this is something you choose to ignore?

"DeltaNine and the CannabisCoin Team has decided not to further collaborate with Canna Coin CCN for current projects or any potential projects implied by TokyoPotato/CCN/Canna coin at this point in time."

This is horrible news. CCN looks pretty amazing, technology wise.

I understand though. It's really hard to collaborate with people who you don't know unless the project is 100% open source. Is the CCN team going to make CannaPay open source? I'm going to make the https://hemp.cash html5 cloud wallet open source soon. There just needs to be more testing on it first. I wouldn't want to have every cryptocoin installing something that doesn't work. That would be a black eye on all of crypto. I would like to have the html5 wallet code peer reviewed by the CANN and CCN teams at some point.

I would like to see all the marijuana coins and future marijuana coins working together. There are so many coins now and more to come. They all have a few devs, supports, growers, suppliers, etc. Together, everyone working today, these coins could go to 1 trillion dollar market cap. I would rather own 1% of a trillion dollar market cap coin than 90% of a 1 million dollar market cap coin.

With all the greed going on I almost think a new marijuana coin will come out and just blow all of these coins to worthlessness. It will be like an investor with $10,000,000, they will buy 20+ dispensaries and then start a software company.

ShibecoinSucks

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:34:15 AM

Is any dispensaries accept this coin?

If not, ways they big deal

ICEBERG COIN SUCKED!

QORA
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:39:43 AM

There will be one dispensary, in Arizona USA, accepting it in about 30 days?

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:02:35 AM

The CannabisCoin team, The Community, and Bitkee.com are partnering together to create something special for a certain somebody.

That someone is Charlotte Figi

Her story here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661885.msg8683122#msg8683122

CannabisCoin Team has asked the community to donate to her cause instead of the team from the first day of existence.

We are creating her metal wallet donated by the caring guys at Bitkee.com - makers of physical wallets.

DeltaNine is in contact with Charlottes mother and plans to deliver it.  She is aware we have the wallet.

We will keep you posted!

Thank You Everyone!

Many thanks to the CannabisCoin dev team for contacting us to create a wallet for a very special young girl, Charlotte, and her courageous family.

We're excited for this opportunity and thank you to the CannabisCoin community for the donations and support for the Figi family.

Thanks again,
Jay @ bitkee

Has anyone asked Charlotte Figi how much cannabis she needs for her lifetime? Since CANN is pegged 1:1 is should be easy to raise the required amount for her.

I'm sure there are 100s of other children is need of medicine that we can help. To raise 50,000 CANN for each child shouldn't be too hard. I think that much would last a really long time, maybe their lifetime.

The community should reach out and find more children to support. With the price of CANN being so low it is the best time to donate a lifetime supply of medicine for all of these children.

ChaseT

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:17:34 AM

There will be one dispensary, in Arizona USA, accepting it in about 30 days?

for sure herball wellness inc (phoenix, AZ) will accept cannabiscoin as a a form of payment (i called them friday), but the exact date on which this will happen is not yet known

Rich with Cannabiscoin
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:57:16 AM

When can I sit outside dispensaries and sell my paper CANN?  Grin
socosavvy

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:55:59 AM

I'm pretty sure you could do it right now if you'd like.
CannabisCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 490

The Official CannabisCoin Team [CANN]

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 04:38:53 AM

Good Morning CannabisCoin lovers worldwide !

I was very excited to read about adding Peter to help with the development of CannabisCoin. You continue to suprise me delta9 ...   Smiley

I cannot wait to see the final buildout of the indoor location as well as the outdoor. That will truly be a sight to behold ! Shocked

I have donated to Charlotte Figi , Peter , and the cannabiscoin faucet. The Charlotte Figi story is truly touching and it made me cry because I have a 2 year old daughter and it hit home.

Keep up your great work , it is a great cause and the sky is the limit !!!

And to all you international people out there much love from Texas !!!
I have a particular fondness for the Netherlands as I have a friend that lives in Meppel. We became best of friends when he came to the states on a work exchange program 20 years ago. After living in the states for 3 years he had to go back but I promised him one day I would come visit him in the Netherlands . He told me I could stay with him for free and that I wouldn't need to get a hotel to save money, so back in 2008 I traveled there and had one of the best times of my life. I was there 2 whole weeks and my friend took off of work for 2 weeks so we had alot of time to do whatever we wanted . We went all over the Netherlands , Amsterdam , the coast , a cheese factory , a chocolate factory , the hoorn waterways ,  west- friesland on these boats through the waterways , Gouda , and Den Haag. From there we decided to drive through germany on the autobahn and go to Oktoberfest in Munich which was a blast ! Then we drove to Lech, Austria which was absolutely stunning and picturesque.  It was such an amazing trip and I can't wait to do it again . Oh , I forgot to mention we visited many many many coffeshops .  Grin Grin Grin

-mrbigmugs

Thank you for the encouraging words!

We have a lot of things going on within the team right now.  Meeting almost daily, working all fronts of CannabisCoin.

Cannabis Coin Team - Community run, NOT Company run!
The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:46:12 AM

from what i've read on teh thread, tokyopotato is just talking about stuff.
it is so easy to take offense when you're edgy, conversely it's easy to converse about delicate matters when you're relaxed

from my perspective there doesnt seem to be any inherent bias towards CCN over CANN.
or any obvious attempt at FUD

i hope there is further discussion between the two teams or devs, this doesnt seem a large hurdle to overcome.
while collaboration is not necessarily further useful,
co-operation and mutual respect is.

From the TEAM:

~Dev Team

I was not aware that actual discussions and debates constituted harm.  I hope you guys re-think your position and get in contact with us.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:02:19 AM

from what i've read on teh thread, tokyopotato is just talking about stuff.
it is so easy to take offense when you're edgy, conversely it's easy to converse about delicate matters when you're relaxed

from my perspective there doesnt seem to be any inherent bias towards CCN over CANN.
or any obvious attempt at FUD

i hope there is further discussion between the two teams or devs, this doesnt seem a large hurdle to overcome.
while collaboration is not necessarily further useful,
co-operation and mutual respect is.

+1
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: