Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:19:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Unmoderated General Discussions.  (Read 492707 times)
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:59:28 PM

I would be cool if CANN had physical backup like dollars and shit, I mean instead of pile of gold bars, then a massive house full of weed, and then 1 gram = 1 cann, awesome shit  Cheesy
Did you read this topic? It is backuped by cannabis that's currently in growth stage.
Shocked

and dollar isn't backed by gold bars
Roll Eyes

Yep, since around 1960 i think, but from these names it seems that you are just spamming this tread with nonsense to get you post count/activity up.
Srsly gtfo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:09:11 PM

I would be cool if CANN had physical backup like dollars and shit, I mean instead of pile of gold bars, then a massive house full of weed, and then 1 gram = 1 cann, awesome shit  Cheesy
Did you read this topic? It is backuped by cannabis that's currently in growth stage.
Shocked

Roll Eyes

Yep, since around 1960 i think, but from these names it seems that you are just spamming this tread with nonsense to get you post count/activity up.
Srsly gtfo.
Next thing will be that man never been on the moon  Roll Eyes
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:33:52 PM

Shocked

Roll Eyes

Srsly gtfo.
Next thing will be that man never been on the moon  Roll Eyes

FACT: In 1943 the Federal Reserve stopped backing the dollar with gold. Google it and quit talking out of your ass.

DELETED
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:36:07 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 09:47:22 PM by tokyopotato

I called Nick, the original Potcoin dev two weeks ago and we discussed this very issue.  The Potcoin team is well aware of the legal issues surrounding crypto and River Rock dispensary in Colorado is taking a very cautionary approach to accepting cryptocurrencies for Cannabis.  Once you start accepting crypto for Cannabis in a retail business, you are putting yourself under Federal jurisdiction as a money transmitter.

You've been going fine, but now you've stepped into the realm of the blatantly not true.

There's nothing about accepting crypto as a merchant that makes your a money transmitter.

I never said accepting crypto is illegal... I said that a business that goes into exchanging USD for crypto requires a money transmitter license.

*edit*  You are right, I mispoke.  I meant that if you exchange USD for Crypto you can be considered a money transmitter.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:44:00 PM

To be honest... I'm not surprised you guys are annoyed that people bring up the difficult issues surrounding crypto.

These are real issues that should be addressed.  These are issues that our team discussed with CANN to address together.  It's what we take into account while we build CannaPay.  The issue of money transmitting licenses and FinCEN regulations.

You guys think you can just go sell CANN for cash in a retail business?  I highly recommend you contact Coinbase, ProjectSkyhook ATMs, or any other business that is involved in USD <---> BTC transactions

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/7/5390782/three-bitcoin-traders-arrested-in-florida-on-money-laundering-charges

Read what I write and stop reacting emotionally.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:45:16 PM

I called Nick, the original Potcoin dev two weeks ago and we discussed this very issue.  The Potcoin team is well aware of the legal issues surrounding crypto and River Rock dispensary in Colorado is taking a very cautionary approach to accepting cryptocurrencies for Cannabis.  Once you start accepting crypto for Cannabis in a retail business, you are putting yourself under Federal jurisdiction as a money transmitter.

You've been going fine, but now you've stepped into the realm of the blatantly not true.

There's nothing about accepting crypto as a merchant that makes your a money transmitter.

I never said accepting crypto is illegal... I said that a business that goes into exchanging USD for crypto requires a money transmitter license.

Dude.

I quoted what you said directly.

"Once you start accepting crypto for Cannabis in a retail business, you are putting yourself under Federal jurisdiction as a money transmitter"

And that's just not true.

You're all over the place.

I'm gonna have to put you in the category of "Has no idea what he's talking about."

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:47:45 PM

To be honest... I'm not surprised you guys are annoyed that people bring up the difficult issues surrounding crypto.

These are real issues that should be addressed.  These are issues that our team discussed with CANN to address together.  It's what we take into account while we build CannaPay.  The issue of money transmitting licenses and FinCEN regulations.

You guys think you can just go sell CANN for cash in a retail business?  I highly recommend you contact Coinbase, ProjectSkyhook ATMs, or any other business that is involved in USD <---> BTC transactions

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/7/5390782/three-bitcoin-traders-arrested-in-florida-on-money-laundering-charges

Read what I write and stop reacting emotionally.

I read what you wrote.

You wrote that *accepting* (not selling, accepting) crypto in a retail business means you need a money transmitter license.

And that's flat out wrong.  No other way to put it.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:47:57 PM

Dude.

"Once you start accepting crypto for Cannabis in a retail business, you are putting yourself under Federal jurisdiction as a money transmitter"

I'm gonna have to put you in the category of "Has no idea what he's talking about."

Yeah I mispoke.  
GambleToWin

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:49:39 PM

But they won't be exchanging USD for crypto, they will be selling their crypto for USD!! Lol plus isnt this bud delta9 and the teams bud and the shops are selling them for him and paying him a fee to exchange there!? If so he'll be dealing with the coins from there. If that's what I understand from him growing a special strain you can buy with it. Besides the ones they already have that aren't Canndy!
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:51:44 PM

But they won't be exchanging USD for crypto, they will be selling their crypto for USD!! Lol plus isnt this bud delta9 and the teams bud and the shops are selling them for him and paying him a fee to exchange there!? If so he'll be dealing with the coins from there. If that's what I understand from him growing a current type of strain you can buy with it. Besides the ones they already have that aren't Canndy!

No, that's not how it works.  Selling USD for Crypto or vice versa is considered money transmitting... and it's completely legal provided that you have a money transmitter license and you follow KYC/AML guidelines.
GambleToWin

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:55:20 PM

But they won't be exchanging USD for crypto, they will be selling their crypto for USD!! Lol plus isnt this bud delta9 and the teams bud and the shops are selling them for him and paying him a fee to exchange there!? If so he'll be dealing with the coins from there. If that's what I understand from him growing a current type of strain you can buy with it. Besides the ones they already have that aren't Canndy!

No, that's not how it works.  Selling USD for Crypto or vice versa is considered money transmitting... and it's completely legal provided that you have a money transmitter license and you follow KYC/AML guidelines.

Okay then, why not just follow the guidelines then. I mean if there are 1000+ shops that accept bitcoin and can follow the laws. Why can't Cann do the same?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:56:26 PM

There are already tons of shops in America that accept crypto as payment.

http://www.bitcoinvalues.net/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-companies-stores-take-bitcoins.html

Call me paranoid, but your posts are sounding a little bit negative toward cannabiscoin lately.  

Am I wrong here?

I agree, it will be the exact same thing as bitcoin. So this should be the same way for Cann. Why would cann be a money transmitter when bitcoin is not, unless your taking about the exchanges that have fiat to btc. I really dont see a problem here.

Anyone that operates a Bitcoin ATM is supposed to follow AML/KYC guidelines and should register as a money transmitter or they could end up in hot water.

Let me ask you a question, why do you think that Coinbase needs your Photo ID and other personal information to make an account?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:57:00 PM

No, that's not how it works.  Selling USD for Crypto or vice versa is considered money transmitting... and it's completely legal provided that you have a money transmitter license and you follow KYC/AML guidelines.

Okay then, why not just follow the guidelines then. I mean if there are 1000+ shops that accept bitcoin and can follow the laws. Why can't Cann do the same?

Yes they accept Bitcoin, but they do not sell Bitcoin. 

We are talking about two different things here.
GambleToWin

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:59:43 PM

So your telling me the shops that get millions of dollars worth of BTCs keep them in BTCs? You don't think they sell them for cash on the exchanges!!?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:02:25 PM

So your telling me the shops that get millions of days worth of BTC keep them in BTC? You don't think they sell them for cash on the exchanges!!?

You are completely missing the point.  The point is that if you want to sell CANN, or BTC, or any crypto in exchange for USD, you can be considered a money transmitter. 

I was incorrect when I said you need a license to accept crypto.  Obviously that's not true.  Anyone can accept crypto for payments. 

Where it gets tricky is how do you sell CANN to regular people that don't know how to acquire Bitcoin?  This is where you need to be careful.
GambleToWin

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:07:23 PM

So your telling me the shops that get millions of days worth of BTC keep them in BTC? You don't think they sell them for cash on the exchanges!!?

You are completely missing the point.  The point is that if you want to sell CANN, or BTC, or any crypto in exchange for USD, you can be considered a money transmitter.  

I was incorrect when I said you need a license to accept crypto.  Obviously that's not true.  Anyone can accept crypto for payments.  

Where it gets tricky is how do you sell CANN to regular people that don't know how to acquire Bitcoin?  This is where you need to be careful.

We'll is just selling a "paper wallet" then after sending that person " Free "coins against any rules!? They are paying for a piece of paper, not the actual coins.I mean they aren't considered money right but more of a Commodity?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:09:10 PM

Dude.

Bitcycle,
You are completely correct that it's not illegal to accept cryptocurrency and you don't need a money transmitter license.  I don't know how I messed that up.  What I meant was if you want to sell CANN in a retail store, you are operating as a money transmitter and this can bring the Feds eyes upon you.

It's not just CannabisCoin that is dealing with this... every altcoin and Bitcoin exchange company is dealing with this... getting a money transmitter license is not cheap, especially as regulations become more cumbersome.

I was going to buy a Project Skyhook Bitcoin ATM a few months back but I decided to wait because there wasn't much point if you didn't have a money transmitter license.  Since then I've been looking to partner with someone or a company that does have this license in order to work together.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:13:04 PM

You are completely missing the point.  The point is that if you want to sell CANN, or BTC, or any crypto in exchange for USD, you can be considered a money transmitter.  

I was incorrect when I said you need a license to accept crypto.  Obviously that's not true.  Anyone can accept crypto for payments.  

Where it gets tricky is how do you sell CANN to regular people that don't know how to acquire Bitcoin?  This is where you need to be careful.

We'll is just selling a "paper wallet" then after sending that person " Free "coins against any rules!?they are paying for piece of paper, not the actual coins. I mean they aren't considered money right but more of a Commodity?

They were classified by the IRS as a commodity for tax purposes... but the legal system seems to be clear...

http://www.dw.de/bitcoin-promoter-shrem-pleads-guilty-to-unlicensed-currency-use/a-17902990
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:13:39 PM

Sounds like what is needed is a 3rd Party 'Gift Card' provider specifically for the dispensaries.
They could accept crypto (CANN,POT etc) in exchange for Gift Cards.
Once the Dispensary accepts the Gift Card, they 'Cash In' with the provider for Fiat.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:15:00 PM

Sounds like what is needed is a 3rd Party 'Gift Card' provider specifically for the dispensaries.
They could accept crypto (CANN,POT etc) in exchange for Gift Cards.
Once the Dispensary accepts the Gift Card, they 'Cash In' with the provider for Fiat.

Hey,
Now we are talking about solutions!  That is a great idea.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: