Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Unmoderated General Discussions.  (Read 492707 times)
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:02:28 AM

I really recomomend everybody to listen and watch this classic video, as an inspiration and driver for the whole CANN community!

Afroman - Because I Got High

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

"I could have miner and got rich, but I got high"
"I could have traded and got a profit, but I got high"
"I don't have any coins left - and I know why - cuz I got high, cuz I got hiigh"

Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:13:44 AM

I've already shared my thoughts on the price pegging and agree with the 1:1 ratio. I also think it's something that has to be done for stability as Ared's post noted.

What I wanted to add is that most people keep talking about Arizona, Colorado, Washington, and now potentially Florida. The fact is, nearly half of the states already have medicinal laws in place, some a little looser than others, but the acceptance is growing fast. And this doesn't factor in anything international.

When you start thinking outside of a few states and then outside of a single country, you soon see that a 1:1 peg isn't out of the question at all and 420 million coins becomes quite rare in that big picture. CANN is young and breaking into an industry that has no nowhere to go but up, and we're all in for a helluva ride thanks to D9 and his team.

For more info on MMJ and other state laws, check out http://norml.org/states .
That's what i'm saying the whole time. This is right time for this coin as most of the states are preparing/have the new laws prepared and after that they will all need an payment processor so if we could offer them cann or if they will read about it themselves then i'd say there is 85%+ chance that they will accept it Tongue.
The market of marijuana will be multi-bilion after it gets accepted everywhere. So why not 1b of market soloely for canncoin? It's just a kind of payment processor with some advantages.
Yalla

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:36:19 AM

I see there is a IRC channel for #CANN at irc.freenode.net
d33_man

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:48:38 AM

Has anyone tried to withdraw from c-cex recently?

I withdrew, got no coins and they are gone from my c-cex account. 2 days and no reply from support  Embarrassed
Penn.3D

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:56:03 AM

Obviously anyone holding cann WANTS for the peg to be 1 cann = 1 gram (including me), because obviously your coins would be worth 10 times less if the peg were 10 cann = 1 gram. However my fear is that let's say there were 10 dispensaries accepting cann in Colorado.....if that's the case, I think it's safe to assume that less than 1% of the coins will be used to actually buy mj and the rest will be bought for the sole purpose of trading.

That being the case, with so many millions of coins won't investors be constantly dumping their coins before the price gets anywhere near parity?

As I said, I am holding cann and I want this coin to succeed more than anyone, but I would just like to have a rational discussion about how a price of say $10/coin can be realistically sustained with so many coins on the market.

If someone can give me a reasonable argument as to how this might happen, I will be HAPPY to agree with them.

Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of others.
AFlatMinor

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:28:47 AM

Quick question

For these medical cannabis transactions what amounts of cannabis can a patient get at any one time?

The reason the question is that if they are buying in a "bulk" quantity - it might be worthwhile looking at a "tiered" pricing structure to encourage people to buy larger quantities, therefore increasing the maximum turnover for the coin in the short term

I too would love to be made a millionaire over night, but I would much rather become a multi-millionaire over a longer time. Reminds me about an old story of an Old Bull and a Young Bull standing on a hill - the Old Bull said to the Young Bull - "mmmm look at all those lovely cows over there" to which the Young Bull replied " mmmm yeah lets run over there and fuck one". The wise Old Bull responded with "NO lets WALK over there and fuck the lot of them"
DubFX

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:47:40 AM

Well i'm nowhere near the ammounts you are guys holding (i've got around 10-15k cann) so i have really small role here but i wasn't able to get more cuz of my financial situation but whatever.
When i think more about it would maybe fine to make it 10 cann/g as the coin supply is really big, and if it would be needed then maybe lower the prices. It will still look better than increasing the price later in my eyes.
Also to answer the guy above me, yes there will be daily limit for ammount that can be bought with canncoin but what the limit will be isn't decided yet.
MindGrenade

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:34:13 PM

Of course 1CANN/gram is the optimal choice, however I don't know how achievable and sustainable that will be. I personally think 10CANN/gram is the better choice and more sustainable in the long run.

Even if the economics are  sound, you've gotta fight the idiots and the traders to keep the price there, and that's a hell of a lot harder @ 1 CANN than it is 10 CANN.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:02:05 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 02:13:14 PM by BlockaFett

Of course 1CANN/gram is the optimal choice, however I don't know how achievable and sustainable that will be. I personally think 10CANN/gram is the better choice and more sustainable in the long run.

Even if the economics are  sound, you've gotta fight the idiots and the traders to keep the price there, and that's a hell of a lot harder @ 1 CANN than it is 10 CANN.

tagging doesnt determine the price in the market - only the seller with the product will keep their price tagged, CANN price will always be determined by the CANN/ BTC and BTC / USD price, decided by buyers and sellers on exchanges.

so i dont think its a big issue, tagged price will only be available to people buying physical product from certain sellers, if that is a big market, it will start to affect the CANN / BTC price but apart from that its just another smart way to get CANN out there into the market and another first for the team.

EDIT:

What 'tagging' does do is provide awesome promotion for CANN, because while the price isn't 10$ per CANN buyers can buy CANN to get serious discounts on real cannabis products so its an incentive to start using the coin and creates demand.

Second, the goal of tagging is obviously to make CANN usable in the real world. Taggins is just pre-set prices through agreement, something better I think long term would be an exchange where one one side you had grams of cannabis and on the other CANN where buyers and sellers set their own prices.  this is a way to that also Cheesy
qratzpalatz

Activity: 309

Too weird to live,too rare to die ;)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:34:20 PM

Interesting theory Smiley

And what will that trader/dispensery do when they sell you something for cann? They're gonna sell it on exchange,because they need MONEY not coins. So,yes,price on exchange is VERY important.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:45:35 PM

And what will that trader/dispensery do when they sell you something for cann? They're gonna sell it on exchange,because they need MONEY not coins. So,yes,price on exchange is VERY important.

I think since that will increase volume it will naturally rise.

CannabisCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Official CannabisCoin Team [CANN]

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 05:02:41 PM

They can resell to patients

Cannabis Coin Team - Community run, NOT Company run!
The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
DubFX

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:05:06 PM

But what if patients will find their way to exchange and the traders will keep the values low there? :/ That could screw up the whole plan.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:16:36 PM

But what if patients will find their way to exchange and the traders will keep the values low there? :/ That could screw up the whole plan.

Another thing the dispensaries can do is use a fraction of each sale to buy CANN at the spot price. That would increase their own supply of cann for sale locally and keep the markets from tanking.

CannabisCoinDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 05:25:00 PM

Majority, aren't traders. Even if they were, they'd just be getting a good deal at the expense of exchanging from fiat to btc to cann then going back to dispensary?  Easier for them to just go to their dispensary and pickup their meds like usual and choose CANN if they want meds at low cost. Dispensary can set their price on resold coins stabilizing it.

These are talks we are having at the moment. off-forum.  Good to see community involvement here.

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:35:53 PM

Majority, aren't traders. Even if they were, they'd just be getting a good deal at the expense of exchanging from fiat to btc to cann then going back to dispensary?  Easier for them to just go to their dispensary and pickup their meds like usual and choose CANN if they want meds at low cost. Dispensary can set their price on resold coins stabilizing it.

These are talks we are having at the moment. off-forum.  Good to see community involvement here.

I still think you guys should use a fraction, say 1% of each purchase to buy CANN at the spot price. At least until things stabilize. That will add buy pressure and it'll increase your supply of in house crypto to sell at a later date.

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:50:01 PM

This coin is an intriguing idea, and probably extremely undervalued, but....

Sustaining even 10 Cann = 1 gm will be extremely difficult without a giant network of vendors accepting it. There's just too many coins.  As long as the coins in speculator hands is so much greater than the demand, you'll never hit the peg.  Remember, crypto traders dump every time the price goes up 5%.  It's in their DNA.

What makes the coin not-quite-hopeless, though, is that the pot economy is sort of outcast from the mainstream economy, and there's some potential to talk the growers' suppliers into taking the coins as well.  If that happened, you might have something.

CannabisCoinDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 05:53:16 PM

potential to talk the growers' suppliers into taking the coins as well.  If that happened, you might have something.

Happening right now, have growers, and acceptance.

CannabisCoinDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:01:58 PM

Update

Was asked about how soon you could buy meds with CANN etc, etc, etc.

First,

Once we have announced the "PEG", that will set the standard for our side for agreement with growers/suppliers/Dispensaries as far as price goes.

Next, we will create the policies and procedures of CANN payment, Point of sale method, and handling of product for dispensary (In this case HWC in AZ will be the participating Dispensary) .  This is all normal part of any business and doesn't happen overnight.  This is a legal business and will require strict guidelines.  We are making history here folks.  Not just a 'quick' way of handing over a paper wallet and getting your buds.  It needs to be methodical and adhere to a 'standard' for other model dispensaries to adopt.

Product process if we do ONLY CANN strains for purchase right now.

CANN strains are in 'vegetation' stage right now that are going to be 'mother' plants to more CANN clones (research cloning so I don't have to explain).  They are almost ready to be cloned, vegetated, and then flowered, then dry, then harvest, and to the shelf.

last update I explained participating growers have their strains that they could possibly 'donate' immediately to the CANN jars/inventory that will adhere to the same "PEG" price as well.  This would cut the time to wait for CANN strains to spread the across the globe and be on shelves.

None of this happens overnight.  Its a NEW STANDARD we are trying to set here!  If you are committed and believe in CANN, please support it and contribute.  If you are looking
for a quick way to get your investment portfolio to BLOW up, I would try other methods.  Although it definitely still looks great with CANN on short term as well.  Your money, your choice.

The team comprises of seasoned business professionals and we don't like to rush into things just to make a quick buck and get out while leaving a failed project.  If you are looking for that, then go buy some bigbangbuckcoin or something.

If you are here to make history happen and see to it, that we as a community stand together to make this happen, then by all means LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!
You will be rewarded for your efforts trust me.

~DeltaNine and Team
btw YES WE CANN!

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:34:05 PM

Update

Was asked about how soon you could buy meds with CANN etc, etc, etc.

First,

Once we have announced the "PEG", that will set the standard for our side for agreement with growers/suppliers/Dispensaries as far as price goes.

Next, we will create the policies and procedures of CANN payment, Point of sale method, and handling of product for dispensary (In this case HWC in AZ will be the participating Dispensary) .  This is all normal part of any business and doesn't happen overnight.  This is a legal business and will require strict guidelines.  We are making history here folks.  Not just a 'quick' way of handing over a paper wallet and getting your buds.  It needs to be methodical and adhere to a 'standard' for other model dispensaries to adopt.

Product process if we do ONLY CANN strains for purchase right now.

CANN strains are in 'vegetation' stage right now that are going to be 'mother' plants to more CANN clones (research cloning so I don't have to explain).  They are almost ready to be cloned, vegetated, and then flowered, then dry, then harvest, and to the shelf.

last update I explained participating growers have their strains that they could possibly 'donate' immediately to the CANN jars/inventory that will adhere to the same "PEG" price as well.  This would cut the time to wait for CANN strains to spread the across the globe and be on shelves.

None of this happens overnight.  Its a NEW STANDARD we are trying to set here!  If you are committed and believe in CANN, please support it and contribute.  If you are looking
for a quick way to get your investment portfolio to BLOW up, I would try other methods.  Although it definitely still looks great with CANN on short term as well.  Your money, your choice.

The team comprises of seasoned business professionals and we don't like to rush into things just to make a quick buck and get out while leaving a failed project.  If you are looking for that, then go buy some bigbangbuckcoin or something.

If you are here to make history happen and see to it, that we as a community stand together to make this happen, then by all means LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!
You will be rewarded for your efforts trust me.

~DeltaNine and Team
btw YES WE CANN!

Awesome post!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: