Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Techcoin [TECH] [186,985 PoW coins 4% PoS] [BITTREX] [ALLCOIN]  (Read 69840 times)
AngryMiner

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:38:45 PM

I will pitch in on a bounty as well.
TechcoinCommunity

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

[TECH] TechCoin Community

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:37:13 PM

We have some updates on progress being made on fixing the wallet.

First, we have realized that we don't need a block explorer to retrieve the information we needed.  It is accessible through the debug console of the wallet, so we do have the info we need.

In case you couldn't tell from that last statement, we are not experienced devs.   Smiley  We are crypto enthusiasts who are interested in the code with experience in tweaking code and compiling wallets.  Our goal is not personal gain, as we are not even holding a very large amount of TECH, we just want to get this thing back on track.  We are open to growing this community and would love to have a more experienced dev join us on this project.

We have made the following changes to the code and are now in a testing phase:

1. Added checkpoint for block 5000 (last POW block/POS switchover) on the corrected POS fork (1.0.0.1)
2. Restored original min stake time of 24 hours
3. Changed main seed node.

We're now in the process of getting the new wallet compiled and up and running on the new main seed node host.  Due to the fact that we have full-time jobs and families, we're not progressing as quickly as we would like, so would welcome additional help to get things moving more quickly, as well as some more experienced eyes on the code to make sure there aren't any other errors in the code that need to be corrected.  It is apparent at this point that the dev intentionally coded this coin to stop the blockchain at the end of POW, and only issued a "fix" after he dumped his coins, so we wouldn't be surprised to see other malicious errors buried elsewhere in the code.

Thank you all for your patience, and please contact us if you are interested in assisting.

| Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Website Template | Block Explorer | YoBit.Net |
[TECH] TechCoin @ 4% APR | 192,471+ Supply | 300K Total | Low Inflation | June 24th, 2014 {05:06:55}
TechcoinCommunity

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 09:20:41 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 02:48:03 AM by TechcoinCommunity

The new source is up on GitHub:

https://github.com/techcoincommunity/techcoin

If somebody could compile a Windows wallet and put it up on Mega or Dropbox for us to test it will help us get this moving quicker and would be greatly appreciated.  Our compiling experience is in Linux and Mac wallets.

[TECH] TechCoin @ 4% APR | 192,471+ Supply | 300K Total | Low Inflation | June 24th, 2014 {05:06:55}
Invest4al

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Follow on twitter @invest4al

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:01:10 AM

We are in desperate need of a block explorer.  We can't fix the wallet without one.  We obviously have no premine to offer a bounty, but we will work to gather donations for anyone that can provide a working block explorer and will put your BTC and TECH addresses in the OP of the new thread and encourage the community to donate.

The original dev was an asshole who thought that he could manipulate his code and the market and just move on to his next con, or we as a community can say "no, we will not accept this bullshit" and crypto is not a game for scammers....WE believe that cryptocurrency is the future.  You turned your premine into a tiny amount of BTC....others invested even more BTC into this. 

So what are we going to do, Techcoin Community?  Are we going to just lay down and say "another dead coin," or are going to stand up and say "ENOUGH?!"

just got up to speed.  I'll contribute to this cause as well if someone can set up the bounty.  I believe this can be done for .2 BTC by http://chainz.cryptoid.info/

Get free RenosCoin for doing nothing more than breathing. ---> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1805861.0
zarton

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:48:08 AM

The new source is up on GitHub:

https://github.com/techcoincommunity/techcoin

If somebody could compile a Windows wallet and put it up on Mega or Dropbox for us to test it will help us get this moving quicker and would be greatly appreciated.  Our compiling experience is in Linux and Mac wallets.

bump

sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:54:42 AM

First, we have realized that we don't need a block explorer to retrieve the information we needed.  It is accessible through the debug console of the wallet, so we do have the info we need.

In case you couldn't tell from that last statement, we are not experienced devs.   Smiley  We are crypto enthusiasts who are interested in the code with experience in tweaking code and compiling wallets.  Our goal is not personal gain, as we are not even holding a very large amount of TECH, we just want to get this thing back on track.  We are open to growing this community and would love to have a more experienced dev join us on this project.

1. Added checkpoint for block 5000 (last POW block/POS switchover) on the corrected POS fork (1.0.0.1)

We're now in the process of getting the new wallet compiled and up and running on the new main seed node host.  Due to the fact that we have full-time jobs and families, we're not progressing as quickly as we would like, so would welcome additional help to get things moving more quickly, as well as some more experienced eyes on the code to make sure there aren't any other errors in the code that need to be corrected.  It is apparent at this point that the dev intentionally coded this coin to stop the blockchain at the end of POW, and only issued a "fix" after he dumped his coins, so we wouldn't be surprised to see other malicious errors buried elsewhere in the code.

Thank you all for your patience, and please contact us if you are interested in assisting.

How does restoring the original min stake time of 24 hours help anything?  I thought the whole problem was we didn't have enough blocks eligible for stake?
TechcoinCommunity

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:01:05 PM

How does restoring the original min stake time of 24 hours help anything?  I thought the whole problem was we didn't have enough blocks eligible for stake?

The point of restoring the original stake time is to restore the original parameters of the coin.  Reducing the stake time was not a fix for the slow blockchain.

edn247

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:20:05 PM

We'll still need a block explorer to get Allcoin to update the wallet...

My issue is currently that the wallet won't compile in linux for me...  Tried fresh install of Ubuntu 10, 12, 14... no difference.
I am able to compile a wallet, I successfully got HYP compiled and synced, so I know it's something to do with the way this co(i)n is configured...

Code:
Building LevelDB ...
/bin/sh: 1: ./build_detect_platform: Permission denied
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb'
Makefile:18: build_config.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `build_config.mk'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb'
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/txdb-leveldb.d -o obj/txdb-leveldb.o txdb-leveldb.cpp
g++ -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o Techcoind obj/groestl.o obj/blake.o obj/bmw.o obj/skein.o obj/keccak.o obj/shavite.o obj/jh.o obj/luffa.o obj/cubehash.o obj/echo.o obj/simd.o obj/hamsi.o obj/fugue.o obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/miner.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/noui.o obj/kernel.o obj/pbkdf2.o obj/scrypt.o obj/scrypt-arm.o obj/scrypt-x86.o obj/scrypt-x86_64.o obj/txdb-leveldb.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread /home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
g++: error: /home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: /home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [Techcoind] Error 1

I get the same error with Firecoin, no real shock there.  I'm sure it's an obvious solution that experienced devs would know, but so far all the solutions I've tried do not work.

Help!
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:03:05 PM

We'll still need a block explorer to get Allcoin to update the wallet...

My issue is currently that the wallet won't compile in linux for me...  Tried fresh install of Ubuntu 10, 12, 14... no difference.
I am able to compile a wallet, I successfully got HYP compiled and synced, so I know it's something to do with the way this co(i)n is configured...

Code:
Building LevelDB ...
/bin/sh: 1: ./build_detect_platform: Permission denied
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb'
Makefile:18: build_config.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `build_config.mk'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb'
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/txdb-leveldb.d -o obj/txdb-leveldb.o txdb-leveldb.cpp
g++ -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o Techcoind obj/groestl.o obj/blake.o obj/bmw.o obj/skein.o obj/keccak.o obj/shavite.o obj/jh.o obj/luffa.o obj/cubehash.o obj/echo.o obj/simd.o obj/hamsi.o obj/fugue.o obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/miner.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/noui.o obj/kernel.o obj/pbkdf2.o obj/scrypt.o obj/scrypt-arm.o obj/scrypt-x86.o obj/scrypt-x86_64.o obj/txdb-leveldb.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread /home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
g++: error: /home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: /home/schwa/Techcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [Techcoind] Error 1

I get the same error with Firecoin, no real shock there.  I'm sure it's an obvious solution that experienced devs would know, but so far all the solutions I've tried do not work.

Help!

sudo chmod 755 src/leveldb/build_detect_platform

then make
edn247

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:52:43 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 02:14:49 AM by edn247

sudo chmod 755 src/leveldb/build_detect_platform

then make

Thank you...  knew it was simple but for some reason couldn't figure that one... feeling a bit stupid - it's been a while since I did linux.

ok, now to get it running and synced, then the BE, then windows qt cross compile.
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:32:36 AM

Any news  Huh

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
zarton

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:45:11 AM

Potential Market Delisting for July 14th  from bitrex    Sad

Right now the blockchain is totally stopped (block 5067), but 3 days ago it went forward faster and got confirmations.

iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:22:31 PM

Right now the blockchain is totally stopped (block 5067), but 3 days ago it went forward faster and got confirmations.

Can we withdraw or send them to another exchange Huh Will I lose the coins if I send them somewhere from Bittrex because of the blockchain problem Huh

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
zarton

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:35:33 PM

Can we withdraw or send them to another exchange Huh Will I lose the coins if I send them somewhere from Bittrex because of the blockchain problem Huh

Withdraw the coins to another echange not seems a good idea. Contact bittrex and tell them if can wait a wile to delist, because there are people working to fix it. I can't think anything better.

jluizg

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:42:00 PM

No news?

Any hope for us?
edn247

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:25:41 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 09:00:12 AM by edn247

I finally got Abe working 98% with Techcoin so we now have a mostly working BLOCK EXPLORER here for now:  http://techblocks.chainworks.info:8324/

I need to find some hosting for it, has to be some kind of VPS, not just a webhost since you gotta compile & run the wallet.

As far as changing the wallet to fix things, I think if the PoW is restarted until block 6000 (when PoS was originally supposed to start) with 0 reward (+ transaction fees) and we cut back on the block count for maturity and stake some more, by block 6000 the PoS should have had some time to get going and PoW can really end.

I've only got a couple hours a night to dedicate to this stuff, that's why progress is so frustratingly slow.  I am working on things to prepare this, but I am basically learning all the development process as I go, so things are not progressing quickly.

I haven't yet got linux GUI or windows wallet compiled, that's my next thing to learn unless someone can volunteer to do that...  that's where I'm at.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:53:40 AM

I finally got Abe working 98% with Techcoin so we now have a mostly working BLOCK EXPLORER here for now:  http://techblocks.chainworks.info:8324/

I need to find some hosting for it, has to be some kind of VPS, not just a webhost since you gotta compile & run the wallet.

As far as changing the wallet to fix things, I think if the PoW is restarted until block 6000 (when PoS was originally supposed to start) with 0 reward (+ transaction fees) and we cut back on the block count for maturity and stake some more, by block 6000 the PoS should have had some time to get going and PoW can really end.

I haven't yet got linux GUI or windows wallet compiled, that's my next thing to learn unless someone can volunteer to do that...  that's where I'm at.

awesome sauce Smiley would be good timing rods just fell flat on it's face and is in the early stages of a community takeover and I like technology much better than nuclear anything Wink

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
cecilbdemented

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:59:29 PM

I finally got Abe working 98% with Techcoin so we now have a mostly working BLOCK EXPLORER here for now:  http://techblocks.chainworks.info:8324/

I've only got a couple hours a night to dedicate to this stuff, that's why progress is so frustratingly slow.  I am working on things to prepare this, but I am basically learning all the development process as I go, so things are not progressing quickly.

I haven't yet got linux GUI or windows wallet compiled, that's my next thing to learn unless someone can volunteer to do that...  that's where I'm at.

I can compile Windows and Mac wallets if you upload the edited source to github.  I can also help you with compiling your Linux GUI, I have a working Techcoin wallet in Ubuntu.  Do you know how to setup a new DNS seed?  Not completely necessary because we can publish nodes for conf files but would be nice.
edn247

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:19:48 PM

I have set up a DNS seed for Hyperstake, I can do the same for Tech when I have a chance.

I'll set up tech.chainworks.info as the dns seed and take a look at where it needs to go in the code.
cecilbdemented

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:00:12 PM

I think changing the last POW block to 6000, making block reward for 5001-6000 = 0, while leaving POS starting at block 5000 is a smart idea.  Only problem is POW difficulty is currently 84.  Are we going to be able to solo mine that?  I don't think any pool is going to want to bother mining 32 blocks for no coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: