Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:35:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Armory - Weapon Marketplace  (Read 60517 times)
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 01:08:46 PM

As far as i know in USA you can happily go in a shop and buy more or less whatever weapon you want.

So what is the problem with that website?

That's not entirely true.  State laws vary, some making it harder or easier.  Plus there is a federal background check done on every firearm purchase regardless of state.  Technically there is no gun registration in the US but effectively there is because they have your name and address once you buy a gun.

What if you wanted to buy a firearm completely off the books?  That's the key to this.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 01:26:48 PM

As far as i know in USA you can happily go in a shop and buy more or less whatever weapon you want.

Yes that's exactly why some think that when you buy it online anonymously with the serial nr. removed it must be for something other than self defense which is completely ignorant to just about any other countrie's gun regulation laws.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
SpontaneousDisorder

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 01:50:29 PM

Finally! I can sell my tactical nuke
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:19:26 PM

Having a government keep tabs on who owns what guns helps solve crime? maybe...
16 year olds should not be allowed own a fully automatic guns? maybe...

Registration, like one does with their cars, is another matter. Helping to make people responsible for the guns they buy.
You are perhaps a Canadian like I am and disagree with the neocon Harper killing the gun registry.

but still, [ come on ]... "drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!" is this our new slogan?

No, but something like "Its your money. Do what you want with it"  would work for me.   Smiley

If someone commits an illegal act... murder or assault etc. then charge them for 'that'.

The fact that someone owns this or that type of currency shouldn't be cause to assume
they will commit an illegal or immoral act.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:45:13 PM

The reason that we get nervous about gun registration is that those registration records come in really handy when confiscation time comes around.  And confiscation time pretty much always comes around sooner or later.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
pandemic

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 10:03:09 PM

We don't know how it works. I'm a gun enthusiast and there could be a valid and legal market place for this. Why would this market be any different from any other? I've bought a gun online before, legally.

Pretty much there are 3 steps.
1). find and pay for the gun via paypal, credit card, OR BITCOIN
2). That FFL ships it to an FFL dealer near you
3). you go to your FFL and do the required paperwork. If you fail, you don't get the gun.

OR, if you have your C&R (curio and relic) FFL (federal firearms license) then you can get a C&R firearm sent to your house directly.

Or, in other countries it may vary.

Until we get more information on how it works, it's not fair to the market to automatically assume it's illegal.
pandemic

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 10:10:13 PM

Having a government keep tabs on who owns what guns helps solve crime? maybe...
16 year olds should not be allowed own a fully automatic guns? maybe...

Registration, like one does with their cars, is another matter. Helping to make people responsible for the guns they buy.
You are perhaps a Canadian like I am and disagree with the neocon Harper killing the gun registry.

but still, [ come on ]... "drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!" is this our new slogan?

No, but something like "Its your money. Do what you want with it"  would work for me.   Smiley

If someone commits an illegal act... murder or assault etc. then charge them for 'that'.

The fact that someone owns this or that type of currency shouldn't be cause to assume
they will commit an illegal or immoral act.

Dont want to steer this too far off topic but why would anyone disagree with killing the bloated, inefficient, and ineffective Canadian long-gun registry? Handguns are still registered and still are subject to a different license and other authorizations to transport.

The long gun registry did nothing to prevent crime. Some say that police would know if someone has a gun before they show up. There are two issues with that. 1). many people never registered their guns and 2). criminals don't register their illegally owned guns SO police need to go in expecting to see a gun regardless.

It was a total waste of tax-payer's dollars. I'm glad it's gone.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 10:38:25 PM

We don't know how it works. I'm a gun enthusiast and there could be a valid and legal market place for this. Why would this market be any different from any other? I've bought a gun online before, legally.

3). you go to your FFL and do the required paperwork. If you fail, you don't get the gun.

OR, if you have your C&R (curio and relic) FFL (federal firearms license) then you can get a C&R firearm sent to your house directly.

Until we get more information on how it works, it's not fair to the market to automatically assume it's illegal.
While we shouldn't jump to conclusions about legality, I have a feeling that people going through Tor aren't going to be filling out all the proper paperwork with a FFL dealer...

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 11:13:02 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2012, 11:29:20 PM by Otoh

if the mark up is 2 or 3 times or more than a FFL transaction then it's probably black market or 'buyer beware' a LE entrapment sting - that can be international

personally I'm all for a free market in just about anything, but if this site facilitates postal kids going mi vida loco or the psychotically deranged tooling themselves up where as most country's jumping through hoops regulations would make this less likely then I'm not too sure that the benefits out way the potential losses

though as always, what ever can be done will be done & things evolve to take account of that - ie, I don't see that if this is a problem then it's a Bitcoin problem, if it wasn't BTC then it would be some other form of semi-anon transfer made of which many already exist

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 11:35:28 PM

Dont want to steer this too far off topic but why would anyone disagree with killing the bloated, inefficient, and ineffective Canadian long-gun registry? Handguns are still registered and still are subject to a different license and other authorizations to transport.

The long gun registry did nothing to prevent crime. Some say that police would know if someone has a gun before they show up. There are two issues with that. 1). many people never registered their guns and 2). criminals don't register their illegally owned guns SO police need to go in expecting to see a gun regardless.

It was a total waste of tax-payer's dollars. I'm glad it's gone.

I won't spend much time on this either but will just say that more than anything it shows the hypocrisy of Harper and neocons here.
They keep saying how they are all for supporting the police etc. etc.  but the police say that registry was a very effective tool
they had. And in terms of waste of money... well that money was already spent, and now the cons are just throwing everything
away despite protests from law enforcement agencies and many many other groups.  Why not keep everything that was already
collected even if they didn't want to keep the program going?  The only reason Harper is against it is because it was a Liberal thing...
and it also plays to their base of redneck supporters who will always vote for conservatives when they 'talk' about being
for the little guys, even though time after time they show they are only about being for Big Corporations and the Military.  

But I don't care much about that gun registry either way.  

The Liberals sure shot themselves in the foot in the last election by not letting it drop as an issue, instead of focusing instead on
the Harper government's contempt of Parliament, democracy and the Canadian people... their lack of transparency and accountability...
the bloating of government with all the new positions he added ( despite the traditional conservative view of 'less government is better
government' ) the waste of taxpayer money on promoting the Conservative party... the movement towards a more belligerent and
militaristic foreign policy...  I could go on and on, but to save time one might look at what G.W. Bush did and/or attempted to do
down south, and the ideology of Leo Strauss on which it was/is based, to see where Harper intends to take Canada.  

pandemic

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:37:07 AM

if the mark up is 2 or 3 times or more than a FFL transaction then it's probably black market or 'buyer beware' a LE entrapment sting - that can be international

personally I'm all for a free market in just about anything, but if this site facilitates postal kids going mi vida loco or the psychotically deranged tooling themselves up where as most country's jumping through hoops regulations would make this less likely then I'm not too sure that the benefits out way the potential losses

though as always, what ever can be done will be done & things evolve to take account of that - ie, I don't see that if this is a problem then it's a Bitcoin problem, if it wasn't BTC then it would be some other form of semi-anon transfer made of which many already exist

Like cash Smiley

I've not been on the site to see price. If anyone knows how to get on it, I'd like to check it out. If guns are shown with the serial number filed off, it's pretty obvious that it's black market. Fully automatics won't show up on here unless they're from outside the country. I'd be able to judge it better if I knew how to get to it.

Also, Portnoy, they killed the registry because it's too costly to keep running and serves no purpose. Of all of the police I talked to, I got the same response. The registry does not matter to them because they have to go in expecting a gun regardless. If they go inside with their guard down because the registry shows no gun at that residence, then they may be in for a world of hurt. Also, I don't appreciate the snarky comment about gun owners being red necks.

Mellivora

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:37:34 AM

That's not entirely true.  State laws vary, some making it harder or easier.  Plus there is a federal background check done on every firearm purchase regardless of state.  Technically there is no gun registration in the US but effectively there is because they have your name and address once you buy a gun.

What if you wanted to buy a firearm completely off the books?  That's the key to this.

There are many states that allow for private transfers.  No paper work, no names, just an exchange of cash or what ever is agreed upon.  In UT the largest online news source in the state allows for free postings and right now there are over 2000 firearms for sale.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=231&category=353

Most of these are private sales not requiring any paperwork.

One trend that shows up in history is when ever a nation enjoys freedom, prior to that the people are well armed.  Whenever genocide or a police state occurs, prior to that the people are disarmed.

"Defensive gun uses by crime victims are three to four times more common than crimes committed with guns" -Gary Kleck, Ph.D.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:53:06 AM

Like cash Smiley

I've not been on the site to see price. If anyone knows how to get on it, I'd like to check it out. If guns are shown with the serial number filed off, it's pretty obvious that it's black market. Fully automatics won't show up on here unless they're from outside the country. I'd be able to judge it better if I knew how to get to it.

Also, Portnoy, they killed the registry because it's too costly to keep running and serves no purpose. Of all of the police I talked to, I got the same response. The registry does not matter to them because they have to go in expecting a gun regardless. If they go inside with their guard down because the registry shows no gun at that residence, then they may be in for a world of hurt. Also, I don't appreciate the snarky comment about gun owners being red necks.

like The Silk Road you need to access it via the Tor network, quite straightforward once you Google it, I'm not going to do a walk through for it as I haven't been there for ages which was just to look see so it doesn't spring to mind & also so as not to facilitate access to those who may be better off not visiting those dodgy lands, if they can't work it out for themselves then they probably shouldn't be there

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
rastapool

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:58:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
Napster is down - this is the END of illegal file sharing!
pandemic

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 01:22:36 AM

I just got on and checked it out. Most stuff is legal in the US (ammo, etc) but may be illegal elsewhere. It's also being overrun with spammers and scammers right now saying they're selling guns with the serial number filed off, selling mini-guns, etc.
Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 01:32:11 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2012, 01:45:28 AM by Portnoy

Also, Portnoy, they killed the registry because it's too costly to keep running and serves no purpose. Of all of the police I talked to, I got the same response. The registry does not matter to them because they have to go in expecting a gun regardless. If they go inside with their guard down because the registry shows no gun at that residence, then they may be in for a world of hurt.

That was never the main purpose of the registry, and the idea of it being so expensive to run I would suggest is Conservative propaganda.
If that is the source of your "facts" then there is perhaps no reason for me continue, but I would just add, based on stats ( something that
the neocons clearly have no use for ), that if those cops you talked to were against the registry then I would suggest they were in the
minority(among police members) nation wide... not that I am a big fan of police forces and giving them more powers... just pointing out things
that show the lies and hypocrisy of Harper.    

I am not a Liberal btw, in case you may think these are just partisan attacks on my part.
I am no supporter of the NDP or the Greens here in Canada either.  

Also, I don't appreciate the snarky comment about gun owners being red necks.

I didn't call gun owners rednecks, let alone 'all' gun owners, and I didn't say that 'all' Conservative supporters were rednecks either.
But they make up a large percentage of the Conservative base in the prairies, at least. I live in the bible belt of Canada... I live with and
work with rednecks everyday; dyed-in-the-wool conservatives. They don't consider "redneck" to be an insult but proudly call themselves that.  

Wink
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 02:15:06 AM

I wouldn't want to drive a car in a country where anyone can and does get on the road without any required training and tests, without mandatory minimum insurance, without license plates, and without government to enforce these rules. I wouldn't want to live in a country where any idiot can get a lethal weapon. Iraq, for example - any American idiot can get weapons for free and get shipped there. Any Iraqi idiot can buy weapons on the black market. We can see the results of this kind of freedom and liberty. Sure, most of these idiots justify their actions in some way, and depending on our ideological inclinations we may see some of them as liberators or freedom fighters - but that won't change the reality.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
pandemic

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 05:14:32 AM

I wouldn't want to drive a car in a country where anyone can and does get on the road without any required training and tests, without mandatory minimum insurance, without license plates, and without government to enforce these rules. I wouldn't want to live in a country where any idiot can get a lethal weapon. Iraq, for example - any American idiot can get weapons for free and get shipped there. Any Iraqi idiot can buy weapons on the black market. We can see the results of this kind of freedom and liberty. Sure, most of these idiots justify their actions in some way, and depending on our ideological inclinations we may see some of them as liberators or freedom fighters - but that won't change the reality.

Aside from the fact that not 'every idiot' can get a gun....

I just have to ask, what are you talking about? Are you referring to soldiers as idiots with free guns who were dumped in Iraq? Regarding Iraqi idiots buying illegal guns... I would too. Wouldn't you? If you lived in an area as dangerous as Iraq, I'd be armed, yes. Self defense is a human right.

Regarding cars, cars kill more people than guns even with licensing. Should we ban cars? Should we ban sports cars and cars that have the potential to go 3-4 times the speed limit? Alcohol serves no purpose, let's ban that. You know what, let's ban junk food too. Heart disease kills more people than guns too!

Guns are typically safe. It's the meat head with his booger hook on the trigger that makes them dangerous. Do we really want to continue the debate or should we get back to the OP's issue?

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 06:38:03 AM

Aside from the fact that not 'every idiot' can get a gun....

Every idiot can now get a gun via Armory, which is the topic of this thread.

I just have to ask, what are you talking about? Are you referring to soldiers as idiots with free guns who were dumped in Iraq? Regarding Iraqi idiots buying illegal guns... I would too. Wouldn't you? If you lived in an area as dangerous as Iraq, I'd be armed, yes. Self defense is a human right.
Totally.
Regarding cars, cars kill more people than guns even with licensing. Should we ban cars? Should we ban sports cars and cars that have the potential to go 3-4 times the speed limit? Alcohol serves no purpose, let's ban that. You know what, let's ban junk food too. Heart disease kills more people than guns too!
Of course we should not ban cars. Had you actually read my post, you would have noticed that I didn't advocate banning of cars or guns, but regulating and licensing to a reasonable degree.
Guns are typically safe. It's the meat head with his booger hook on the trigger that makes them dangerous. Do we really want to continue the debate or should we get back to the OP's issue?
You actually agree with me. Good. It's the meat head, not the gun. The point of the anonymous gun market - as opposed to a regulated market - is that any meat head can now get the gun easily. Don't you see this?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
pandemic

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 06:19:19 PM

If, and only if, they don't comply with laws. It being on Tor, however, would indicate foul play.

It's too bad a legitimate gun shop won't embrace bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: