Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:59:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Armory - Weapon Marketplace  (Read 60517 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 09:48:05 AM

Nice

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 12:37:08 PM

Handguns don't prevent crimes.

Now that is a lie.

Nice talking to you. I think I'll start carrying two pistols now.  Wink

They don't. If someone pulls a gun on you, you will be dead before you'll get yours out.

You can't just repeat your unfounded statement and expect anyone to believe it.  Adding a stupid hypothetical isn't enough either.

If you want someone to believe you, you are going to need to examine the huge piles of data that clearly show the exact opposite of what you are saying, and you need to point out how all of it is wrong.

Good luck with that.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
RDarke

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 07:01:53 PM

They don't. If someone pulls a gun on you, you will be dead before you'll get yours out.

Well damn. Then I've been killed 13 times now.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:25:06 PM

In honor of this thread I went out in my back yard shooting shit with all our guns with my son and his buddies.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
Mellivora

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 05:32:09 PM

In honor of this thread I went out in my back yard shooting shit with all our guns with my son and his buddies.

I took my 13 year old to Front Sight last weekend.  During the malfunction drills, he was clearing his jams and getting back on target faster than the cop taking the class.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 05:52:18 PM

Well damn. Then I've been killed 13 times now.
I've only been killed once.  Sad
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:22:29 PM

How about Switzerland. Almost every house has at least one military riffle/machine gun and yet it's one of the safest places on this planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yK5DH8iknQ

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 07:20:47 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2012, 11:14:43 PM by Otoh

How about Switzerland. Almost every house has at least one military riffle/machine gun and yet it's one of the safest places on this planet.

do you guys work from a script or something, or are you the same person & it's just that your record has got a scratch on it so repeats every so many beats/posts- someone has already said that here on this thread previously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkumhBVPGdg

sweet jane ~ swiss free  Tongue

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 08:21:27 PM

NYC pretty much banned all weapons, the violent crime rate is low. The largest city in USA didn't even get in top 30, Detroit with CC is number one.

Explain Baltimore. It's right on the tails of Detroit, with a higher murder rate (I guess it's lacking elsewhere), and they pretty much banned guns there as well.

It couldn't be that other factors come into play, could it? You wouldn't paint half a picture and tell us it's a masterpiece, would you?

I lived in Baltimore for most of my life.  First of all, neither NYC nor Baltimore have banned guns.  While gun advocates my disagree the laws in NYC do not prevent anyone from owning guns, they just make it more of a pain in the ass. 

The difference between the two is how they deal with gun crimes.  In NYC if you HAVE a gun and commit a crime (and are convicted) you are going to jail for a LONG time.   In Baltimore you do the same thing and you may get jail time, you may not.

Where Baltimore is particularly bad is in the situation where someone is held up at gunpoint and nobody is hurt.  The criminal is willing to take the life of the victim but when convicted they will get a light sentence often on first time just probation.  The message seems to be that it is not so bad to do this and it keeps happening until somebody dies. 

ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:05:42 PM

What is the URL of this site?

Silk Road's URL is written in Wikipedia, but I couldn't find the URL of armory anywhere.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:25:45 PM

Silk Road's URL is written in Wikipedia, but I couldn't find the URL of armory anywhere.

Read this article.

http://dailyanarchist.com/2011/06/21/how-and-why-to-get-to-silk-road/

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 11:22:26 PM

Yeah. And the UK has no gun crime because of it... oh wait... it's gone UP since the ban.

In my home country (not UK) less than 4% of the population owns a gun and I actually feel safer than I ever would/did in the USA...
And guess what, criminals around here typically also don't carry guns!

Just to be clear here, I've been to the military as well and loved to handle guns there - still I would only in very rare circumstances ever consider of buying a gun myself.

You feel safe, but do you feel free from the encroachments of tyranny?

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
   -Benjamin Franklin

ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 04:17:11 AM

Read this article.

http://dailyanarchist.com/2011/06/21/how-and-why-to-get-to-silk-road/

Thanks.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 02:03:47 PM

It could be that the economic and social conditions in Switzerland are vastly different from what they are in Detroit or South Central LA..
In an affluent, homogeneous neighborhood with police protection, why would the place be unsafe ?
I'd be interested in seeing statistics pointing to an absence of correlation between gun detention rates and crime rates, that is statistics taking into account economic and social conditions.

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 03:09:06 PM

It could be that the economic and social conditions in Switzerland are vastly different from what they are in Detroit or South Central LA..
In an affluent, homogeneous neighborhood with police protection, why would the place be unsafe ?
I'd be interested in seeing statistics pointing to an absence of correlation between gun detention rates and crime rates, that is statistics taking into account economic and social conditions.

The day the only armed people in LA are the LAPD is the day I move away. They've got to be one of the most aggressive, power-mad police forces in the country, and yes I've been to NY/Boston/DC/etc. At least the punks with guns force the LAPD to think twice about harassing random people.

It drives me crazy when rich people think they're helping by sending MORE people with guns into the neighborhood - cops. They're happy to call drug addiction a sickness, but of course violent neighborhoods need more gun laws, not social workers.
paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 08:35:50 PM

The day the only armed people in LA are the LAPD is the day I move away. They've got to be one of the most aggressive, power-mad police forces in the country, and yes I've been to NY/Boston/DC/etc. At least the punks with guns force the LAPD to think twice about harassing random people.

It drives me crazy when rich people think they're helping by sending MORE people with guns into the neighborhood - cops. They're happy to call drug addiction a sickness, but of course violent neighborhoods need more gun laws, not social workers.

or maybe they need both?
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 08:50:57 PM

In the US, I can't think of any legitimate reason to own a unregistered weapon. Possession an unregistered weapon is a huge liability, considering the consequences of getting caught.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:03:12 PM

In the US, I can't think of any legitimate reason to own a unregistered weapon. Possession an unregistered weapon is a huge liability, considering the consequences of getting caught.
There is no gun registration in the US except for fully automatic firearms and the like.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:05:26 PM

There is no gun registration in the US except for fully automatic firearms and the like.

I stand corrected. Ha, I should have known that. Cash sales in the classifieds are common where I live.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:39:43 PM

or maybe they need both?

I did make a false dichotomy there. Nonetheless I think the best course of action is to go after the root causes, since going after gun owners is just causing more problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: