Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Update] CryptoCoinMedia's False Accusations  (Read 4018 times)
RaggedMonk (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:20:02 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2012, 12:43:23 AM by RaggedMonk

UPDATE: MiseryDeAria posted at length, clearing Bitcoin Consultancy of any responsibility. He will be working on returning the funds soon. Intersango and Bitcoin Consultancy are unrelated to witcoin and do not have the funds, and claims they should be reported to the police are completely unfounded.  Read it for yourself here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66550.msg773158#msg773158

UPDATE 2: I PM'ed CryptoXChange, and they cleared some things up.  CryptoCoinMedia is not an employee, owner, or client of CryptoXChange.  They know each other as fellow Australian Bitcoin users.  One of the CryptoX guys has done some technical work for him in the past, but this was in no way officially connected to their exchange or its brand.  They do not condone or have any control of CCM's actions.

I still think CCM was trying to smear FUD on Bitcoin Consultancy's Intersango to improve the standing of CryptoX, but he was acting independently.  CCM and miserydearia will be working together to get the refunds out to past witcoin users.

----
This is my understanding from the past hour of research through old forum posts, if anyone has factual corrections, please let me know and I will edit this post to update it for accuracy.

The Facts:

CryptoCoinMedia is an associate of CryptoXChange (his level of involvement is unclear). a fellow Austrialian Bit

CryptoCoinMedia registered the domain in December of 2010.

Miserydearia was the lead develeoper and creator of witcoin.com, a reddit-like service where you upvote with bitcoin.

Witcoin.com was shut down, leaving some users without a way to withdraw their remaining balance.

As of October 2011, miserydearia sold the VPS to CryptoCoinMedia.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.msg599183#msg599183

Some time between Nov 2011 and now, miserydearia both:  had some serious health problems (I hope you are doing well if you are reading this), and became a collaborator with Intersango.

CryptoCoinMedia started this thread today, in which he threatens to file a police report against Intersango if they don't coordinate refunds:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66550.0

My Take on the Situation

-CryptoCoinMedia is at least friends with CryptoXChange, if not actually involved with some business aspect.

-Witcoin users who are owed money have a legitimate claim to recover those funds from miserydearia.  They should contact miserydearia directly to facilitate this transfer of funds.  Misery should make himself available, and make a post about how to contact him to recover these funds.  The matter of these refunds is between miserydearia and witcoin users.

-CryptoCoinMedia has ZERO claim on the account balances.  His purchase was for the domain and VPS only:
I payed for the domains and vps it was hosted on.

-Intersango/BitcoinConsultancy is completely innocent and unrelated in this matter.  Accepting miserydearia's future collaboration does not make them responsible for any past debts miserydearia may have.  

-Intersango/BitcoinConsultancy should notify miserydearia of these threads, and encourage him to create a transparent claim process.  This is an act of good faith which they have no obligation to do.

-CryptoCoinMedia's claim that Intersango has commited theft is a slanderous attack attempting to hurt their reputation.  CryptoCoinMedia's association with CryptoXChange gives motive: He wants to stir up FUD around Intersango to improve the relative position of CryptoXChange.  I think he is attacking his competitor primarily as a means to gain market share. This is immoral and bad for the Bitcoin community, which is why I am speaking out.

-CryptoCoinMedia has no right or claim to be the custodian of the coins until they are claimed.  He should not take possession of any former witcoin deposits.

Note: I have no affiliations with any of the above parties (aside from trying both their respective exchanges with trivial amounts of BTC).  I am just a Bitcoin enthusiast who sees someone trying to take advantage of someone else, and I hate seeing that in our community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:21:35 AM

Are you serious ? I hope you can back your claims up instead of just going off on tangents Smiley

RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:22:03 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2012, 07:46:36 AM by RaggedMonk

EDIT: CryptoCoinMedia is not officially affiliated with CXC
Evidence CryptoCoinMedia is connected with CryptoXChange:

1. [EDIT, added to top] Extensive chat logs of noagendamarket a.k.a. CryptoCoinMedia assisting CryptoXChange in take-over of witcoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.msg604783#msg604783

2. Had "long conversations" with CxC before their launch
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43908.msg524912#msg524912

3. Has inside knowledge on the legal structure of CxC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43908.msg549675#msg549675

4. SolidCoin (still not sure why) referenced Ken Armitt and CryptoCoinMedia's name together
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48226.msg576357#msg576357

5. CryptoCoinMedia does not "run" CXC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48226.msg575656#msg575656

6. Talking about CXC's tax rates, uses term "we":
We still have over 30% company tax rates so yes we do pay tax on profits.

7. Again using "we" referring to CXC and Ken Armitt:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48055.msg574041#msg574041
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:27:54 AM

Did you find out in your research that I in fact registered the domain witcoin.com at hover and I also told misery about the idea for witcoin on irc.

If you value your standing in this community I urge you to remove this thread.

RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:29:06 AM

Did you find out in your research that I in fact registered the domain witcoin.com at hover and I also told misery about the idea for witcoin on irc.

QFT: he is threatening me now.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:30:05 AM

QFT: he is threatening me now.

I shall consider you a  troll Smiley

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:32:06 AM

Raggedmonk - you're clearly not the right person to be summarizing this issue.

Where did CryptocoinMedia ever demand the full balance be transferred to him/herself?

I have no particular understanding of the dispute - but I sure as hell don't trust your hour of mis-analysis.

Delete this ridiculous thread.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:36:32 AM

Where did CryptocoinMedia ever demand the full balance be transferred to him/herself?

Fair point.  It seemed implied that he was arguing he should be the custodian. Updating OP.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:37:34 AM

Raggedmonk - you're clearly not the right person to be summarizing this issue.

I have no particular understanding of the dispute - but I sure as hell don't trust your hour of mis-analysis.

Delete this ridiculous thread.

http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?state_number=BN98597140&juris=2&hdtext=NSW&srchsrc=1  a simple search of the australian securities and exchange site with their company name will bring up info about them.

If you do a  simple whois on witcoin you will see my name and address.

By "we" I am clearly talking about "Australians" not cryptoxchange.

/thread.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:39:57 AM

CryptoCoinMedia is not a Crypto X Change associate. Crypto X Change has absolutely nothing to do with CryptoCoinMedia's concern regarding Intersango, and Ken has repeatedly made it clear that the whole Misery issue is unrelated to him and Crypto X Change.  

RaggedMonk, you are the one slandering someone unjustly. I suggest you delete your thread, for its entire premise is flawed.

I suggest Intersango and CryptoCoinMedia deal with this amongst themselves.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:40:06 AM

I also own witcoin.net .org  etc

But then youd know this from your reasearch right ?

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:42:09 AM

CryptoCoinMedia is not a Crypto X Change associate. Crypto X Change has absolutely nothing to do with CryptoCoinMedia's concern regarding Intersango, and Ken has repeatedly made it clear that the whole Misery issue is unrelated to him and Crypto X Change.  

RaggedMonk, you are the one slandering someone unjustly. I suggest you delete your thread, for its entire premise is flawed.

I agree and Id like to deal in private. However Misery is missing and I spoke to Genjix weeks ago with no response. Taking it to the community is the obvious next step.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:44:09 AM

I agree and Id like to deal in private. However Misery is missing and I spoke to Genjix weeks ago with no response. Taking it to the community is the obvious next step.

I think it's fine and valid to bring it to the community. But, THIS specific thread by RaggedMonk is not fine and valid, and should be removed.
RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:46:46 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2012, 07:48:48 AM by RaggedMonk

I am no longer developing this project as witcoin.

noagendamarket and CryptoXchange will continue establishing witcoin.com and also witcoin.org and witcoin.net commercially.

I shall continue under another name as I think of one.

Discuss in #bitcoinconsultancy on freenode.

Thanks, I will look forward to resolving this concern directly with noagendamarket.  I only full disclosured about Cryptoxchange affiliations because the forum private message I received contradicted with that in which the communications in the last week show otherwise.

CryptoCoinMedia, do you also have control of the account, noagendamarket?

Why did miserydearia believe CryptoXChange was affiliated with the purchase?

Have you ever been employed by, or owned a part of CryptoXChange?

EDIT: CCM used to be known as noagendamarket, because someone who works for CXC helped him (in an unofficial capacity) move the server, and no.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:50:44 AM

RaggedMonk you seem insane and should shut up now.  Otherwise I suggest you will lose the remaining threads of respect that you may still command in this community.

One off NP-Hard.
RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:01:03 AM

Another interesting fact:

CryptoCoinMedia used to be called BitcoinMedia, as you can see from Phinneas' quote (it now links to CCM's post)

(edited out large image by me ---> ~Bruno)

This is David Hollis and don't annoy him.

Wrong guy, BitcoinMedia. I promise to not annoy his bones (or ashes, if the case may be).

Direct Appeal: None (committed suicide by hanging at Indiana State Prison, Michigan City on 02-19-84).

CryptoCoinMedia's first post was:
I am the real BitcoinMedia.

This is the same name used by Bitcoin Consultancy's popular newsletter.

Noagendamarket's indentica account also uses the name.
http://identi.ca/noagendamarket

David Hollis has two accounts: CryptoCoinMedia (formerly BitcoinMedia), and noagendamarket
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:01:17 AM

I am no longer developing this project as witcoin.

noagendamarket and CryptoXchange will continue establishing witcoin.com and also witcoin.org and witcoin.net commercially.

I shall continue under another name as I think of one.

Discuss in #bitcoinconsultancy on freenode.

Thanks, I will look forward to resolving this concern directly with noagendamarket.  I only full disclosured about Cryptoxchange affiliations because the forum private message I received contradicted with that in which the communications in the last week show otherwise.

What business is that of yours or of the issue at hand ?

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:06:50 AM

As you can see from Phinneas's quote, CryptoCoinMedia used to be called BitcoinMedia
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47909.0

Again what is the point ?

I was the founder of bitcoinmedia but handed it over to the community. As nogendamarket originally I donated most of the coins for the weusecoins video.  What have you ever done for bitcoin ?

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:08:40 AM

I suggest you quit right now with this thread and delete it.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:10:31 AM

CryptoCoinMedia used to be called BitcoinMedia, as you can see from Phinneas' quote (it now links to CCM's post)

(edited out large image by me ---> ~Bruno)

This is David Hollis and don't annoy him.

Wrong guy, BitcoinMedia. I promise to not annoy his bones (or ashes, if the case may be).

Direct Appeal: None (committed suicide by hanging at Indiana State Prison, Michigan City on 02-19-84).

David Hollis has two accounts: CryptoCoinMedia (formerly BitcoinMedia), and noagendamarket

Someone dox this prick.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: