Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Update] CryptoCoinMedia's False Accusations  (Read 4010 times)
RaggedMonk (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:15:46 AM

Again what is the point ?

I was the founder of bitcoinmedia but handed it over to the community.

So you handed the reigns over to the Intersango/BitcoinConsultancy guys?  That's interesting.

The point is you are trying to make CXC's competitor look guilty for not dealing with a situation they aren't related to.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:23:03 AM

So you handed the reigns over to the Intersango/BitcoinConsultancy guys?  That's interesting.

The point is you are trying to make CXC's competitor look guilty for not dealing with a situation they aren't related to.

In law they are co-conspirators because mizery is listed as part of their company and witcoin is listed as being administrated by them.

RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:27:11 AM

In law they are co-conspirators because mizery is listed as part of their company and witcoin is listed as being administrated by them.

Witcoin is listed as a site they have provided open source software to or consulted for.
https://bitcoinconsultancy.com/

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:32:11 AM

Witcoin is listed as a site they have provided open source software to or consulted for.
https://bitcoinconsultancy.com/

They also paid for mizery to fly to Poland and all of his expenses. Nice work if you can get it. Meanwhile witcoin daemon was down and I was pleading with him to fix it and so were other users and  the entire time hes living it up under the pay of bitcoinconsultancy. While that may have been GREAT for bitcoin it was total shit for witcoin.

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:34:44 AM

As of October 2011, miserydearia sold the domain name and VPS to CryptoCoinMedia. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.msg599183#msg599183

This is inaccurate.   noagendamarket, CryptoCoinMedia, David Hollis, registered the domain in December of 2010.

Did you find out in your research that I in fact registered the domain witcoin.com at hover and I also told misery about the idea for witcoin on irc.

If you value your standing in this community I urge you to remove this thread.

This is true.  CryptoCoinMedia did register witcoin.com at hover.com and noagendamarket did initially mention 'witcoin' in a channel late December after another person had mentioned 'witcoin' in #bitcoin at the beginning of December.  I shall gather more info from my logs in which anyone else with logs can also confirm.

Also, I encourage to not censor or delete this thread.  It is useful to preserve an open an honest account of all events.
RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:36:58 AM

As of October 2011, miserydearia sold the domain name and VPS to CryptoCoinMedia. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.msg599183#msg599183

This is inaccurate.   noagendamarket, CryptoCoinMedia, David Hollis, registered the domain in December of 2010.

OP updated.

miserydearia's post in the other thread is highly relevant:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66550.msg773158#msg773158
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:41:17 AM

Did you find out in your research that I in fact registered the domain witcoin.com at hover and I also told misery about the idea for witcoin on irc.

If you value your standing in this community I urge you to remove this thread.

This is true.  CryptoCoinMedia did register witcoin.com at hover.com and noagendamarket did initially mention 'witcoin' in a channel late December after another person had mentioned 'witcoin' in #bitcoin at the beginning of December.  I shall gather more info from my logs in which anyone else with logs can also confirm.

Also, I encourage to not censor or delete this thread.  It is useful to preserve an open an honest account of all events.

We need to know what steps you will take to ensure people have access within a set time frame and hold you accountable.

RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:48:56 AM

Intersango is a major exchange and id hate for them to get embroiled in a criminal case.

Statements like these seem kind of defamatory or otherwise abusive.  I am a human existence and the sole person reliable for anything related to witcoin.  I have affiliation with others such as Taste of Thai where I was working a couple years ago in Appleton, my ex-stepfather where I am currently staying in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Bitcoin Consultancy, who I had participated with last year in Warszawa, Spencer Daily, who had interviewed me relative to witcoin and several others.  However, it seems that there is a concerted effort to specifically target Bitcoin Consultancy (or one of the projects affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy, particularly Intersango, but not also libbitcoin, Momento VPS, bitcoin media or any other projects affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy or projects affiliated with anyone that is affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  In essence, it seems strange for one, in this case noagendamarket, to establish a kind of affiliation of Intersango, a bitcoin exchange, to witcoin.  There is no direct correlation or affiliation.  That is all I shall say on this, as I'm sure others may understand.

Bold added for emphasis

CryptoCoinMedia, will you remove your threats toward Bitcoin Consultancy and Intersango from your original thread?
mizerydearia

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:52:44 AM

Why did miserydearia believe CryptoXChange was affiliated with the purchase?

Search for "crypto" in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.0;all
especially see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.msg604783#msg604783

October 26th, 2011 via private message:
[09:36:56] <noagendamarket> Im talking to a guy
[09:37:05] <noagendamarket> organising a vps
[09:37:35] <necrodearia> linode?  or other provider/
[09:38:08] <noagendamarket> no its with ken from cryptoxchange
[09:38:17] <noagendamarket> he also owns a web dev company
mizerydearia

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:02:29 AM

and  the entire time hes living it up under the pay of bitcoinconsultancy. While that may have been GREAT for bitcoin it was total shit for witcoin.

My father would disagree with you.  Other than the three and a half months that I was in Warszawa, my father has been supporting me entirely for the last year and a half.  us$400/mo he is paying now to my ex-stepfather just so that I do not end up homeless, which even this very month and last few months, I am struggling with, and I have been struggling with for a couple years.  Anyhow, it isn't important to elaborate other than to clarify that Bitcoin Consultancy is not funding my existence.  My father is.

Particularly I appreciate those that preserve an open an honest effort to explain things truthfully and considerately, rather than an effort to exaggerate or otherwise communicate misinformation.  However, I can understand such types of efforts and the relative personalities supporting such abilities as I have experienced them myself as I was younger, and still sometimes even today I may feel an urge to say something untrue, lie, or otherwise not speak, but for the most part, I try to preserve an open honesty about myself and understanding and comprehension of things.  It seems similar to that of open source culture vs proprietary or security through obscurity.  This is the very reason why I have documented and posted some logs/transcripts of the history relative to this issue with witcoin because I considered the possibility of experiencing that of a lack of openness or honesty, and especially even from myself, in the case that I lied, or otherwise altered my posts or story.  Actually, it's similar to Ron Paul, perhaps, in which I strive to be consistent.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 11:02:59 AM

and  the entire time hes living it up under the pay of bitcoinconsultancy. While that may have been GREAT for bitcoin it was total shit for witcoin.

My father would disagree with you.  Other than the three and a half months that I was in Warszawa, my father has been supporting me entirely for the last year and a half.  us$400/mo he is paying now to my ex-stepfather just so that I do not end up homeless, which even this very month and last few months, I am struggling with, and I have been struggling with for a couple years.  Anyhow, it isn't important to elaborate other than to clarify that Bitcoin Consultancy is not funding my existence.  My father is.

Particularly I appreciate those that preserve an open an honest effort to explain things truthfully and considerately, rather than an effort to exaggerate or otherwise communicate misinformation.  However, I can understand such types of efforts and the relative personalities supporting such abilities as I have experienced them myself as I was younger, and still sometimes even today I may feel an urge to say something untrue, lie, or otherwise not speak, but for the most part, I try to preserve an open honesty about myself and understanding and comprehension of things.  It seems similar to that of open source culture vs proprietary or security through obscurity.  This is the very reason why I have documented and posted some logs/transcripts of the history relative to this issue with witcoin because I considered the possibility of experiencing that of a lack of openness or honesty, and especially even from myself, in the case that I lied, or otherwise altered my posts or story.  Actually, it's similar to Ron Paul, perhaps, in which I strive to be consistent.

I only want to know what youre going to do to make good peoples accounts and Im sure other people do too. Everything else is beside the point.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 11:05:23 AM

Why did miserydearia believe CryptoXChange was affiliated with the purchase?

Search for "crypto" in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.0;all
especially see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.msg604783#msg604783

October 26th, 2011 via private message:
[09:36:56] <noagendamarket> Im talking to a guy
[09:37:05] <noagendamarket> organising a vps
[09:37:35] <necrodearia> linode?  or other provider/
[09:38:08] <noagendamarket> no its with ken from cryptoxchange
[09:38:17] <noagendamarket> he also owns a web dev company

It was a hosting agreement. No "purchase" has ever taken place.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 11:10:54 AM

Intersango is a major exchange and id hate for them to get embroiled in a criminal case.

Statements like these seem kind of defamatory or otherwise abusive.  I am a human existence and the sole person reliable for anything related to witcoin.  I have affiliation with others such as Taste of Thai where I was working a couple years ago in Appleton, my ex-stepfather where I am currently staying in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Bitcoin Consultancy, who I had participated with last year in Warszawa, Spencer Daily, who had interviewed me relative to witcoin and several others.  However, it seems that there is a concerted effort to specifically target Bitcoin Consultancy (or one of the projects affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy, particularly Intersango, but not also libbitcoin, Momento VPS, bitcoin media or any other projects affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy or projects affiliated with anyone that is affiliated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  In essence, it seems strange for one, in this case noagendamarket, to establish a kind of affiliation of Intersango, a bitcoin exchange, to witcoin.  There is no direct correlation or affiliation.  That is all I shall say on this, as I'm sure others may understand.

Bold added for emphasis

CryptoCoinMedia, will you remove your threats toward Bitcoin Consultancy and Intersango from your original thread?

Your irl name is attached to them as a a contact and witcoin is listed as their project and they take credit for it. I still own the IP 100% and there was no agreement ever that they or yourself could use it to market their own sites or other projects. While you may have 30% of the financial share of witcoin you have zero of the IP and I dont give bitcoinconsultancy permission to use the name "witcoin" anywhere on their site.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 11:12:55 AM

Bold added for emphasis

When they remove my IP from their site I will.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 11:15:24 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/q5wdb/coolest_bitcoin_businesses/c3uzwni   there are people waiting for their accounts back. Get over your laziness and do something about it.

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:55:05 PM

RaggedMonk, I'm speaking on behalf of Intersango regarding this.

I think that a lot of the details of the issue at hand have been worked out, mostly in the other thread.

I don't believe that CryptoCoinMedia was attempting to slander us, but didn't have a full knowledge of how Intersango and BitcoinConsultancy were related to witcoin.

The details of this have been made clear and Intersango's name has been cleared regarding this.

I'm sure that if he knew this he wouldn't have made those statements, so it all stems from a misunderstanding.

Therefor as a result, this thread is no longer relevant, and I would ask that you please remove it.

Nefario, CEO of GLBSE and community manager for Intersango.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:40:12 PM

RaggedMonk, I'm speaking on behalf of Intersango regarding this.

I think that a lot of the details of the issue at hand have been worked out, mostly in the other thread.

I don't believe that CryptoCoinMedia was attempting to slander us, but didn't have a full knowledge of how Intersango and BitcoinConsultancy were related to witcoin.

The details of this have been made clear and Intersango's name has been cleared regarding this.

I'm sure that if he knew this he wouldn't have made those statements, so it all stems from a misunderstanding.

Therefor as a result, this thread is no longer relevant, and I would ask that you please remove it.

Nefario, CEO of GLBSE and community manager for Intersango.

I have as much of a relationship with cryptoxchange as misery does with intersango. But then cryptoxchange doesnt list me on their company home page nor cryptocoinmedia as a project they support. I also dont control a wallet with everyones coins in it and through my utter laziness refuse to let them access their money. Are you a wizard ?

mizerydearia

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:11:00 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2012, 12:24:35 AM by mizerydearia

Can you elaborate on this?

I still own the IP 100%

From #bitcoin-dev December of 2010:

Dec 02 14:09:49 <brocktice>     Is there already a virtual country or society?
Dec 02 14:10:04 <brocktice>     In the sense that one could be a citizen?
Dec 02 14:10:20 <brocktice>     Some sort of tribe maybe
Dec 02 14:10:33 <[Noodles]>     wirtland
Dec 02 14:10:48 <brocktice>     oho
Dec 02 14:11:08 <necrodearia>   brocktice, a p2p "second life"-clone maybe?
Dec 02 14:11:21 <brocktice>     necrodearia: No I mean like, for real.
Dec 02 14:11:24 <brocktice>     Not with avatars.
Dec 02 14:11:38 <brocktice>     Like I have a US SSN and passport etc.
Dec 02 14:11:40 <necrodearia>   In what way would a country be virtual without avatars?
Dec 02 14:11:50 <brocktice>     An un-landed country if you will.
Dec 02 14:11:53 <necrodearia>   even in a nongui sense
Dec 02 14:11:54 <brocktice>     Wirtland sounds like it
Dec 02 14:11:59 <necrodearia>   hmm
Dec 02 14:12:25 <brocktice>     I'll have to investigate this
Dec 02 14:12:28 <necrodearia>   Although second life doesn't have ssn, passport, etc, there is potential, but I doubt such potential would be pursued or estab$
Dec 02 14:12:29 <brocktice>     they might be interested in bitcoin
Dec 02 14:12:47 <brocktice>     I mean, all that 3D stuff is excess for this concept.
Dec 02 14:12:47 <necrodearia>   It would be interesting precedent
Dec 02 14:13:03 <brocktice>     I mentioned this here before, I'm thinking like Mr. Lee's Greater Hong Kong.
Dec 02 14:13:06 <necrodearia>   true, however, the entertainment factor does add to interest.
Dec 02 14:13:08 <[Noodles]>     we'v got a wirtland-citizen on the forums
Dec 02 14:13:20 <[Noodles]>     that's where i first heard about it
Dec 02 14:13:20 <brocktice>     http://everything2.com/title/Mr.+Lee%2527s+Greater+Hong+Kong
Dec 02 14:13:27 <brocktice>     Mike whatsizface?
Dec 02 14:13:34 <brocktice>     golugski or something?
Dec 02 14:14:01 <[Noodles]>     http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1464.0
Dec 02 14:14:11 <brocktice>     oh
Dec 02 14:14:13 <brocktice>     excellent
Dec 02 14:14:19 <brocktice>     great minds Smiley
Dec 02 14:15:11 <necrodearia>   heh, witizens
Dec 02 14:15:23 <necrodearia>   wourists
Dec 02 14:15:51 <brocktice>     there are a lot of synergistic things going on right now
Dec 02 14:15:54 <brocktice>     what with wikileaks
Dec 02 14:15:57 <brocktice>     bitcoin
Dec 02 14:15:58 <brocktice>     wirtland
Dec 02 14:16:48 <necrodearia>   It will be exciting when they integrate with each other and are sustainable without other alternatives.
Dec 02 14:19:06 <necrodearia>   Perhaps someone can communicate to wirtland and offer some kind of integration opportunity?
Dec 02 14:20:05 <necrodearia>   info@wirtland.com
Dec 02 14:20:27 <brocktice>     I'm going to apply for citizenship I think.
Dec 02 14:20:40 <brocktice>     Then I will also be able to work it from both sides Smiley
Dec 02 14:20:56 <brocktice>     Excuse me, Witizenship
Dec 02 14:21:02 <necrodearia>   ^_^
Dec 02 14:21:28 <necrodearia>   I sent email suggesting Bitcoin.  Maybe others can also send email to make it seem more important, noticeable.
Dec 02 14:21:28 *       Kiba` (~user@adsl-152-252-102.asm.bellsouth.net) has joined #bitcoin-dev
Dec 02 14:23:49 <necrodearia>   Currently their currency is Multi currency, ICU
Dec 02 14:24:12 <necrodearia>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Clearing_Union
Dec 02 14:24:31 <necrodearia>   Perhaps ", Bitcoin" could be appended to the list at a later time.
Dec 02 14:25:31 <necrodearia>   Perhaps official language can eventually be established as Winary
Dec 02 14:25:40 *       Kiba has quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
Dec 02 14:25:42 <brocktice>     heh
Dec 02 14:26:03 <necrodearia>   or Wommon Wongue
Dec 02 14:26:57 <necrodearia>   I wonder who is the elected Wovernor
Dec 02 14:27:43 <[Noodles]>     as long as they dont make it Witcoins, i'm fine with it

Then unrelatedly in a private channel on Dec 26th, 2010:
Dec 26 18:04:40 <noagendamarket>        what do you think of this idea I had....
Dec 26 18:05:27 <noagendamarket>        a site where people submit questions and the most amusing is voted up...not the most technical or correct!
Dec 26 18:05:42 <noagendamarket>        I would call it http://witcoin.com

And so that idea affiliated with 'witcoin' name relative to noagendamarket's creativity/thoughtfulness is his intellectual property.  

That base idea, which is similar to one I have had in affiliation with a previous project, a competitor to justanswer.com and the plethora of other for profit question sites was then evolved amongst my own ideas as well as several others of noagendamarket's.  However, the very first moment which led to the matching of the idea with a name was noagendamarket's.
RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:23:31 AM

Given the fact you still haven't apologized to Intersango and are acting like a spoiled child, I think they should charge you a license for back programming contracting of 5000BTC .  If you don't want to pay it, you should pull every line of code that they helped with out of your codebase.  It is not up to them to tell you which lines this is, so unless you have specific version-history knowledge of their contributions, they have the legal power to force you to throw out all of your code.  You should be gracious for their past help, and apologize for your outrageous acccusations you have made in the past 48 hours.

Intersango seems like they are way nicer than me though, so feel lucky.

mizerydearia

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:26:27 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2012, 12:36:45 AM by mizerydearia

Given the fact you still haven't apologized to Intersango and are acting like a spoiled child, I think they should charge you a license for back programming contracting of 5000BTC .  If you don't want to pay it, you should pull every line of code that they helped with out of your codebase.  It is not up to them to tell you which lines this is, so unless you have specific version-history knowledge of their contributions, they have the legal power to force you to throw out all of your code.  You should be gracious for their past help, and apologize for your outrageous acccusations you have made in the past 48 hours.

Intersango seems like they are way nicer than me though, so feel lucky.

I am not sure if this is directed to me.  If it is, there is not a single line of code that Bitcoin Consultancy has contributed to witcoin.  Again, as I have said elsewhere, the very latest commit to the private repository was June 3rd, 2011, which was before I even participated with Bitcoin Consultancy.  And I am uncertain what there is to apologize for relative to Bitcoin Consultancy.

Also see this.

The power of slander and misinformation. =/

Othewise if you meant the message directed to noagendamarket, the codebase is not his.  It is practically entirely mine.  I say practically because glancing at the repository I see commits also by tcatm as late as February 2011.  The rest since then have been entirely my own.  Though, I do recall tcatm having helped me with some css later, which I had included in my own commits.  But otherwise noagendamarket hasn't contributed any code whatsoever and is not a developer/programmer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: