Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [JUDGE] Judge Coin | Multipool is UP @ http://judge.bemining.net/  (Read 150030 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:21:05 PM

X15 will be a good option because it can be mined by many people with CPU (No GPU miner is released yet).

GPU miner is out

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:43:04 PM

X15 will be a good option because it can be mined by many people with CPU (No GPU miner is released yet).

GPU miner is out

I believe for both AMD and Nvidia
judgecrypto (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:39:25 PM

Finally a real legit coin with no added fluff

Thanks for your support Smiley  I thought about x15 but the dev has some pools lined up and x13 was a better fit at this time.

I am excited to see the support behind the coin so early Smiley
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:40:09 PM

Judge you can count on me bro!! I will be mining right off the bat!

Look forward to a good community and a good honest coin.

Hey Griff! Glad you are aboard... You bring a lot of energy and excitement, which is awesome!
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:40:50 PM

No premine, no IPO - way to go! Cheesy

Adding you now.

Thanks for the add... do you have a link?  I can't find judge coin on your site yet.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:47:23 PM

Very nice, you have my support !

No premine, no IPO, nice! Will mine

Thanks for the support.  As this support means the world to me!
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

when  can  see the  wallet??

Dev is testing the wallet.  Then I will get to test it.  I will release a screen shot within a day or two.
ShitCoins-B-Gone

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:58:51 PM

I was going to say to go with X13 imo. I haven't heard of X15 yet, but X11 is oversaturated right now, and X13 would be your best bet.

I think it will be harder for the pools with X15 actually. 

Actually no. X15 had several coins last week. 1 day there is no mining power for rent, next day 20,000 MHS + showed up. Just needed to change some settings. I did it myself to a set of mining rigs.

I liked your honesty, but I am not sure what you are hoping to do here? You yourself say that you aren't promising anything new, and any X11/X13 and now X15 coin is going to be pile driven into the ground at the first sniff of an exchange for the dump.

Why not take a step back and ask yourself if you should even do this before you spend another BTC on it? And if you are going to do it, why not do it right? Get something new and spectacular done and working and tested, something that provides value and people will want, and then announce the coin.

By spectacular I don't mean:

Whitepapers.
Gambling games coming soon.
Faucets.
Fancy graphics on wallets.

Or any of the other 100's of shit coin specialties.

I mean have working anonymous transactions at launch, not *later*. The VoIP idea that others suggested was neat, but of course *coming later*. Using an algorithm that is both GPU and ASIC resistant is another good thing. I am sure there are a load of things people would like to see in their crypto currency.

Again though, don't expect anyone to hang on to your coin for more than 30 seconds like this with nothing. It will be the rape of Nanking, dumped, and over in less than a week. Without a premine you won't even recover your BTC unless you instamine or have a huge GPU farm. Why do it otherwise?
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:19:26 PM

I was going to say to go with X13 imo. I haven't heard of X15 yet, but X11 is oversaturated right now, and X13 would be your best bet.

I think it will be harder for the pools with X15 actually. 

Actually no. X15 had several coins last week. 1 day there is no mining power for rent, next day 20,000 MHS + showed up. Just needed to change some settings. I did it myself to a set of mining rigs.

I liked your honesty, but I am not sure what you are hoping to do here? You yourself say that you aren't promising anything new, and any X11/X13 and now X15 coin is going to be pile driven into the ground at the first sniff of an exchange for the dump.

Why not take a step back and ask yourself if you should even do this before you spend another BTC on it? And if you are going to do it, why not do it right? Get something new and spectacular done and working and tested, something that provides value and people will want, and then announce the coin.

By spectacular I don't mean:

Whitepapers.
Gambling games coming soon.
Faucets.
Fancy graphics on wallets.

Or any of the other 100's of shit coin specialties.

I mean have working anonymous transactions at launch, not *later*. The VoIP idea that others suggested was neat, but of course *coming later*. Using an algorithm that is both GPU and ASIC resistant is another good thing. I am sure there are a load of things people would like to see in their crypto currency.

Again though, don't expect anyone to hang on to your coin for more than 30 seconds like this with nothing. It will be the rape of Nanking, dumped, and over in less than a week. Without a premine you won't even recover your BTC unless you instamine or have a huge GPU farm. Why do it otherwise?

You ask a fair question and I will do my best to answer it.

What I am bringing to the table is first of all stability.  Your question was why even do it?  Why not just buy an existing alt coin?  Well, like many people here I have been burned and burned bad.  Now when you get burned it is not just about the money.  Actually worse is the loss in human trust that hits you when you get scammed.  The only coin I can trust to not dump and run on me is my coin.

I have been saying in OP the initial price of the coin should not be high.  The reason for that is that at birth it will have no utility other than a shared general ledger.  In fact I do not have a permanent dev identified.  As such I am not anticipating that it will be the most profitable to mine.  People who mine it I hope are long term believers who are sick and tired of shit coin this or shit coin that every day with some other promise that it will make all your cares go away.

The value in the judge coin lays in the way in which I will operate it.  First starting with no premine, instamine, or IPO.  No one gets an advantage out of the gate.  If people mine to dump then those who believe early will get a chance to invest early at a reduced price.  Personally I am hoping to buy my own fair share on the market as I will have none to start.  I have no gpu farm and there is no instamine. 3 Pools will support the initial launch and the blocks are not front loaded so that a small group cleans up.

What I would like to see is for the community to identify a need.  Then try to compile those resources needed to accomplish the need.  That is where the fun and challenge is.  I think more than the group just trying to make a quick buck, exists a group that wants to be part of something.  I am offering that something.  I hope you will join me.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:20:26 AM

yea im in!

Welcome aboard Smiley
Bowdlerize

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:37:52 AM

I like what I see but could the PoW phase be extended?
I'm concerned that with such a short PoW the mining will be dominated by large hire rigs keeping the bulk of coins in the hands of a few. This will limit the size of the community and give those few a very good reason to pump & dump.
powersup

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:53:58 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 06:07:26 AM by powersup

I'm concerned that with such a short PoW the mining will be dominated by large hire rigs keeping the bulk of coins in the hands of a few. This will limit the size of the community and give those few a very good reason to pump & dump.

POW period is long compared to a lot of POW/POS coins.  This coin looks good.  I will be here at launch.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:03:10 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 06:15:27 AM by jc12345

Why don't you do a POW phase where the hash rate is limited per account? This way you will cut out the large FPGA farms and have a much fairer distribution. It is your chance to innovate an acceptable way of fair launch. You can look at what Minerals did which seems to have worked out ok in the end. Alternatively if you can strike a trust deal with a big pool like Dedicated to run it for you then at least you achieve segregation of duties between dev and hash rate limiting POW pool. You can also get a respectable 3rd party to review the source code. You have to note however that if the pool breaks the trust, the whole launch will be a failure.

It is as everyone is saying, the large farms will hash rape and dump as soon as an exchange is up. Less coins owned by more miners including small miners will reduce the risk of large scale dumping.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:19:36 AM

My thought is that large hire rigs will not be mining Judge Coin.  I am not promising any of the popular buzz words and I have no permanent dev at this point.  The price should not be that high.  Obviously there will be some dumping to exchanges.  Actually I think some dumping is healthy as it will allow people to purchase the coin as an investment.   
xpalax

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:20:48 AM

Why don't you do a POW phase where the hash rate is limited per account? This way you will cut out the large FPGA farms and have a much fairer distribution. It is your chance to innovate an acceptable way of fair launch. You can look at what Minerals did which seems to have worked out ok in the end. Alternatively if you can strike a trust deal with a big pool like Dedicated to run it for you then at least you achieve segregation of duties between dev and hash rate limiting POW pool. You can also get a respectable 3rd party to review the source code. You have to note however that if the pool breaks the trust, the whole launch will be a failure.

It is as everyone is saying, the large farms will hash rape and dump as soon as an exchange is up. Less coins owned by more miners including small miners will reduce the risk of large scale dumping.

I am going to agree with this. Notinh in X13 has done anything like this and it will make it a much better chance at full sucess. It gives small miners a chance and will limit large scale ownership. Couple it with an extended PoW and everything else. It will mark a very successful launch.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:31:38 AM

I am very interested in a permanent technology that limits hash rate for miners.   The development work is already done and we are in testing mode. 

Once we launch and everything is stable I would be interested in discussing a long term change back to PoW if it could be secure using the equivalent rewards as would be provided by the PoS rewards.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:32:54 AM

POW period is long compared to a lot of POW/POS coins.  This coin looks good.  I will be here at launch.

Thank you for your support.  We will be launching with the specs as advertised.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:35:08 AM

I am going to agree with this. Notinh in X13 has done anything like this and it will make it a much better chance at full sucess. It gives small miners a chance and will limit large scale ownership. Couple it with an extended PoW and everything else. It will mark a very successful launch.

Hopefully there is some dumping of the coin via the exchanges.  It will allow people to get into the coin that would otherwise not be able to mine.  I for one will be mining with a 290x but that is not going to generate near enough coins for my linking.  I will be buying some of the coins off the exchanges.
Mastermine

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:58:12 AM

Very nice wallet Smiley.. You should really put that gavel on the coin.  I think the gavel looks better then the scale personally.  Badass!

I am excited to see what we can do as a community knowing that we have a quality leader.  Judge you will take this far!
grolll
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:11:03 AM

I think,hashing power of each worker and/or IP should be limited to not more than 50 MH/s
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: