Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:41:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [JUDGE] Judge Coin | Multipool is UP @ http://judge.bemining.net/  (Read 150026 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Colombina

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:27:49 AM

Good coin! I will get it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
judgecrypto (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:29:50 AM

I'm in. Will rent some rigs and point both mine your way. Really like the fact there is no pre-mine or IPO. I personally hope you keep the POW then POS hybrid approach instead of switching back to POW at a later time.
One question. You said a few pools will have access to the source before launch why not give it to all the pools that have committed so all pools are on equal footing?
Have a Good Day!

Thank you for your support.  That is a great question regarding the pools.

This is one of those decisions that you always can second guess yourself with.   The existing three official pools have put in a lot of time and effort to get the launch prepped and the code tested.  For their efforts I am very thankful.  

If this was a very short window launch it would be more of a factor in some pools not having the code as early.  However the PoW period is around 20 days.  Any non official pool should be able to compile the wallet for mining in minutes.  Therefore the impact of not having code ahead of time is heavily mitigated.  Whenever you have to choose among options involving people there will be people who feel slighted.  For those pools that feel so I do apologize.  Hopefully I can get to know some of them better so if I am part of another launch I can have a good comfort level using them.

As far as switching to PoW after PoS I intend to have a discussion on that on my forums after the PoW period ends and we settled in PoS.  

My philosophy is that before you build added features into a coin the base coin should be rock solid.  In fact, I want to have the absolute best underlying coin structure before we proceed to address any feature implementations.  If it turns out that the PoS system is best then I will gladly keep it as it would save a lot of work. I hope you will participate in those discussions.  Check out the forums at www.judgecoin.com.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Judge Crypto
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:51:39 AM

I was going to say to go with X13 imo. I haven't heard of X15 yet, but X11 is oversaturated right now, and X13 would be your best bet.

I think it will be harder for the pools with X15 actually.  

Actually no. X15 had several coins last week. 1 day there is no mining power for rent, next day 20,000 MHS + showed up. Just needed to change some settings. I did it myself to a set of mining rigs.

I liked your honesty, but I am not sure what you are hoping to do here? You yourself say that you aren't promising anything new, and any X11/X13 and now X15 coin is going to be pile driven into the ground at the first sniff of an exchange for the dump.

Why not take a step back and ask yourself if you should even do this before you spend another BTC on it? And if you are going to do it, why not do it right? Get something new and spectacular done and working and tested, something that provides value and people will want, and then announce the coin.

By spectacular I don't mean:

Whitepapers.
Gambling games coming soon.
Faucets.
Fancy graphics on wallets.

Or any of the other 100's of shit coin specialties.

I mean have working anonymous transactions at launch, not *later*. The VoIP idea that others suggested was neat, but of course *coming later*. Using an algorithm that is both GPU and ASIC resistant is another good thing. I am sure there are a load of things people would like to see in their crypto currency.

Again though, don't expect anyone to hang on to your coin for more than 30 seconds like this with nothing. It will be the rape of Nanking, dumped, and over in less than a week. Without a premine you won't even recover your BTC unless you instamine or have a huge GPU farm. Why do it otherwise?

You ask a fair question and I will do my best to answer it.

What I am bringing to the table is first of all stability.  Your question was why even do it?  Why not just buy an existing alt coin?  Well, like many people here I have been burned and burned bad.  Now when you get burned it is not just about the money.  Actually worse is the loss in human trust that hits you when you get scammed.  The only coin I can trust to not dump and run on me is my coin.

I have been saying in OP the initial price of the coin should not be high.  The reason for that is that at birth it will have no utility other than a shared general ledger.  In fact I do not have a permanent dev identified.  As such I am not anticipating that it will be the most profitable to mine.  People who mine it I hope are long term believers who are sick and tired of shit coin this or shit coin that every day with some other promise that it will make all your cares go away.

The value in the judge coin lays in the way in which I will operate it.  First starting with no premine, instamine, or IPO.  No one gets an advantage out of the gate.  If people mine to dump then those who believe early will get a chance to invest early at a reduced price.  Personally I am hoping to buy my own fair share on the market as I will have none to start.  I have no gpu farm and there is no instamine. 3 Pools will support the initial launch and the blocks are not front loaded so that a small group cleans up.

What I would like to see is for the community to identify a need.  Then try to compile those resources needed to accomplish the need.  That is where the fun and challenge is.  I think more than the group just trying to make a quick buck, exists a group that wants to be part of something.  I am offering that something.  I hope you will join me.

I was was going through this thread out of curiosity (always on the hunt for a new, better coin) and happened to come across this message. I and many others I'm sure share your sentiments about the current state of things around here (it's ugly out there), but the comments above beg the question, especially in light of what you've said about distrust of others: well, why should we trust you?

And by trust, I don't necessarily mean mistrust of you personally, but you've been on record recommending at least a couple coins that bombed (spectacularly in the case of SC). What about trust in your judgement, including your judgement in picking a dev for this coin? What do you say to the question of whether you and everyone else might be taken for a ride by yet another dev, who maybe starts off great at first but plays a long-game scam? What about your record would you say inspires trust in your ability to deliver "stability" and navigate the many unknowns in trying to develop a successful coin. A lot of devs with good intentions have failed, overwhelmed by factors beyond their control.

Also, I understand the need for a moderated thread given what's going on out there --- there's more intensive FUD'ing of competing coins as everyone fights over a shrinking pie -- but that begs another question about contradictions between what you say and what you do: how does a partially-closed, moderated thread invite solid trust that there's open discussion here and everything is and will remain out in the open - good and bad?

I was spectacularly wrong about Silk Coin.  I paid the price in BTC and in a loss in faith in human decency.  If this were the Game of Thrones I would say I paid the iron price.  I am sure many people reading this have fallen pray to scam after scam that infests crypto now days.

I posted some of my personal information and IT experience on the coin site: www.judgecoin.com.  I am not here to sell anyone.  The people will decide through their hash rate and exchanges if they support me.  I am not here to tell people the coin cannot fail either.  Crypto is a harsh land and anything can happen.  I am up front with the current deficiencies of the coin.  I readily state in the OP that I have no current dev at this time.  I think that level of transparency has been sorely missed in crypto.

I have gone out of my way to make a fair launch including, NO PREMINE, NO IPO, NO SUPER SHORT MINING WINDOW, NO LARGE BLOCKS UP FRONT, NO CLOSED SOURCE DURING POW, NO BLOCK TAX TO PRIVATE WALLET. 

One of the reasons I went with a moderated forum was a result of what I saw in other threads.  I witnessed coin forum ANN threads become the personal punching ground of a handful of hooligans.  If there are legitimate issues there is no way I through the use of moderation could suppress them effectively.  We have seen many times people open competing threads to get their message across.  To me that is ok.  I do not feel people have a "right" to spam an ANN thread with constant crap. 

Hope this answered some of your questions.

Judge Crypto
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:52:22 AM

Good coin! I will get it.

Thank you Smiley Be sure to check out the website: www.judgecoin.com It will be the center of all information regarding the coin.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:18:01 AM

What I am bringing to the table is first of all stability.  Your question was why even do it?  Why not just buy an existing alt coin?  Well, like many people here I have been burned and burned bad.  Now when you get burned it is not just about the money.  Actually worse is the loss in human trust that hits you when you get scammed.  The only coin I can trust to not dump and run on me is my coin.

I have been saying in OP the initial price of the coin should not be high.  The reason for that is that at birth it will have no utility other than a shared general ledger.  In fact I do not have a permanent dev identified.  As such I am not anticipating that it will be the most profitable to mine.  People who mine it I hope are long term believers who are sick and tired of shit coin this or shit coin that every day with some other promise that it will make all your cares go away.

The value in the judge coin lays in the way in which I will operate it.  First starting with no premine, instamine, or IPO.  No one gets an advantage out of the gate.  If people mine to dump then those who believe early will get a chance to invest early at a reduced price.  Personally I am hoping to buy my own fair share on the market as I will have none to start.  I have no gpu farm and there is no instamine. 3 Pools will support the initial launch and the blocks are not front loaded so that a small group cleans up.

What I would like to see is for the community to identify a need.  Then try to compile those resources needed to accomplish the need.  That is where the fun and challenge is.  I think more than the group just trying to make a quick buck, exists a group that wants to be part of something.  I am offering that something.  I hope you will join me.

I was was going through this thread out of curiosity (always on the hunt for a new, better coin) and happened to come across this message. I and many others I'm sure share your sentiments about the current state of things around here (it's ugly out there), but the comments above beg the question, especially in light of what you've said about distrust of others: well, why should we trust you?

And by trust, I don't necessarily mean mistrust of you personally, but you've been on record recommending at least a couple coins that bombed (spectacularly in the case of SC). What about trust in your judgement, including your judgement in picking a dev for this coin? What do you say to the question of whether you and everyone else might be taken for a ride by yet another dev, who maybe starts off great at first but plays a long-game scam? What about your record would you say inspires trust in your ability to deliver "stability" and navigate the many unknowns in trying to develop a successful coin. A lot of devs with good intentions have failed, overwhelmed by factors beyond their control.

Also, I understand the need for a moderated thread given what's going on out there --- there's more intensive FUD'ing of competing coins as everyone fights over a shrinking pie -- but that begs another question about contradictions between what you say and what you do: how does a partially-closed, moderated thread invite solid trust that there's open discussion here and everything is and will remain out in the open - good and bad?

I was spectacularly wrong about Silk Coin.  I paid the price in BTC and in a loss in faith in human decency.  If this were the Game of Thrones I would say I paid the iron price.  I am sure many people reading this have fallen pray to scam after scam that infests crypto now days.

I posted some of my personal information and IT experience on the coin site: www.judgecoin.com.  I am not here to sell anyone.  The people will decide through their hash rate and exchanges if they support me.  I am not here to tell people the coin cannot fail either.  Crypto is a harsh land and anything can happen.  I am up front with the current deficiencies of the coin.  I readily state in the OP that I have no current dev at this time.  I think that level of transparency has been sorely missed in crypto.

I have gone out of my way to make a fair launch including, NO PREMINE, NO IPO, NO SUPER SHORT MINING WINDOW, NO LARGE BLOCKS UP FRONT, NO CLOSED SOURCE DURING POW, NO BLOCK TAX TO PRIVATE WALLET.  

One of the reasons I went with a moderated forum was a result of what I saw in other threads.  I witnessed coin forum ANN threads become the personal punching ground of a handful of hooligans.  If there are legitimate issues there is no way I through the use of moderation could suppress them effectively.  We have seen many times people open competing threads to get their message across.  To me that is ok.  I do not feel people have a "right" to spam an ANN thread with constant crap.  

Judge Crypto

Yes, it did - thank you. One thing you might want to consider that I think has helped some of the big coins and I think put a solid support floor under their prices is transparency about the dev's identity. I think DRK and XC in particular owe a lot of their valuation and earlier rises (and relative stability and staying power) to disclosures or revelations of who the devs are.

I've thought for a while now that a big part of the problem out there is anonymous devs - anonymity means a lot less accountability. When you put your name out there, you're putting your reputation out there, which gives people more confidence they wont be screwed. It aligns the interest of the dev more closely with the interest of coin buyers. When a dev's anonymous, the message I take from it (which has only been reinforced by what we've all seen across bitcointalk) is, 'Trust me with your money (BTC), but I wont trust you with my identity'. Anonymous devs can walk (and have walked) away without significant consequence, and many of us now realize that more than ever.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:00:20 AM

I was spectacularly wrong about Silk Coin.  I paid the price in BTC and in a loss in faith in human decency.  If this were the Game of Thrones I would say I paid the iron price.  I am sure many people reading this have fallen pray to scam after scam that infests crypto now days.

I posted some of my personal information and IT experience on the coin site: www.judgecoin.com.  I am not here to sell anyone.  The people will decide through their hash rate and exchanges if they support me.  I am not here to tell people the coin cannot fail either.  Crypto is a harsh land and anything can happen.  I am up front with the current deficiencies of the coin.  I readily state in the OP that I have no current dev at this time.  I think that level of transparency has been sorely missed in crypto.

One of the reasons I went with a moderated forum was a result of what I saw in other threads.  I witnessed coin forum ANN threads become the personal punching ground of a handful of hooligans.  If there are legitimate issues there is no way I through the use of moderation could suppress them effectively.  We have seen many times people open competing threads to get their message across.  To me that is ok.  I do not feel people have a "right" to spam an ANN thread with constant crap.  

Judge Crypto

Yes, it did - thank you. One thing you might want to consider that I think has helped some of the big coins and I think put a solid support floor under their prices is transparency about the dev's identity. I think DRK and XC in particular owe a lot of their valuation and earlier rises (and relative stability and staying power) to disclosures or revelations of who the devs are.

I've thought for a while now that a big part of the problem out there is anonymous devs - anonymity means a lot less accountability. When you put your name out there, you're putting your reputation out there, which gives people more confidence they wont be screwed. It aligns the interest of the dev more closely with the interest of coin buyers. When a dev's anonymous, the message I take from it (which has only been reinforced by what we've all seen across bitcointalk) is, 'Trust me with your money (BTC), but I wont trust you with my identity'. Anonymous devs can walk (and have walked) away without significant consequence, and many of us now realize that more than ever.

I think the argument goes both ways on that one.  I made the personal decision to put my name out there because I want to give my coin credibility.

My thoughts on open source is that the security in the code lays with the fact that anyone can see and peer review it.  What is lacking in crypto is peer review.  I don't believe that contributing devs "need" to put themselves out there.  I agree with you that it would help give credibility but I believe there are many contributing devs in the open source world that would take pause if there was a push to put their real names out there.  It should be a personal choice and I think the market can reward those with the courage to put themselves out there.

I will say this.  Many of the investors in crypto share responsibility in their losses.  In their rush towards a quick buck they take risks.  They put money into unknown projects hoping for multiples of returns.  In a real investment scenario people would put in due diligence and more research.  Someone with hundreds of thousands of dollars might hire their own developer to read source code before investing.  Smaller investors that want to be safe should probably just buy bitcoin and go to bed.  Alt coins are gambles.  They payouts are high and the risks are high.  Even bitcoin is a relatively high risk compared to other financial instruments.

I am looking for a perm dev as we speak.  So if your a dev and reading this and want to be part of something good and fair PM me.

Hope you jump on my forums and participate in future discussion of where the coin will go! Smiley

Judge Crypto
xpalax

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:15:01 AM

I have been a big supporter of this coin, and have mostly just lurked. Although, I did make a comment, or actually a suggestion and was heard.  All these coins talk about anon, or some new method or crap like that.  What I want to see is something of ease of use. Something that is quick, and easy and stable.  Make that first, then we can talk about forks down the road.  But one of my biggest things I look for is transparency.   There is so many issues with exchanges, pools, cloud mining, and even coins, including bitcoin in the first place! So, I think that wha tyou have said before about putting your name and credentials on your page would be an excellent start, and perhaps require your team members to do the same.  I think that will bring greater stability and a better following even if it isn't the next PnD.

That is just my 2cnts.  Grin
Bonn3rs

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:47:42 AM

I have been a big supporter of this coin, and have mostly just lurked. Although, I did make a comment, or actually a suggestion and was heard.  All these coins talk about anon, or some new method or crap like that.  What I want to see is something of ease of use. Something that is quick, and easy and stable.  Make that first, then we can talk about forks down the road.  But one of my biggest things I look for is transparency.   There is so many issues with exchanges, pools, cloud mining, and even coins, including bitcoin in the first place! So, I think that wha tyou have said before about putting your name and credentials on your page would be an excellent start, and perhaps require your team members to do the same.  I think that will bring greater stability and a better following even if it isn't the next PnD.

As Facebook manager I'm quite happy to have my credentials out there- I've used it for 5 years so I would hope I can use it by now!  Grin

Definitely agree though that once the new dev is chosen, having them put their name out there so that we have a human behind the name. It really does bring high levels of trust and that is so important in a world where we can't even trust the banks we give our money too daily.

And I'm pleased you've felt you've been heard- Judge is making a real effort to listen to everyone and everything that I've suggested to him he has considered. That's the kind of public relations the alt coin world needs.

Judge Coin Facebook Manager
Judge: JbJjiXGnQpNMKQZTrbhChBKX3SfDaS85hi || BTC: 14WATjFEu7731o6MGsHs3CRn7fMigxEdvL
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 01:22:14 PM

It's very interesting X13 coin I will join for sure  Grin

Tree Fiddy

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:05:27 PM

Not that anonymous devs are bad, but they have obvious drawbacks. From an investment standpoint, a visible dev can't just disappear and create new coin after new coin. There is no real "starting over" once your identity is out there. It's incentive to want to do a good job when your name is on the line.

ceo 10 μbtc/day
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 04:36:43 PM

http://judge.minerpools.com/

Pre-registration open!

- Dedicated server 512 SSD, 32GB RAM, 8 Core Processor
- 24/7 support at #minerpools freenode channel https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/minerpools
- Block finder bonus -
- 1% Fees
- No hassle, just login and mine

Stratum for Judgecoin: stratum+tcp://190.143.38.247:4072 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

lichao1395427

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:09:36 PM

what is the rpcport?
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:16:06 PM

As Facebook manager I'm quite happy to have my credentials out there- I've used it for 5 years so I would hope I can use it by now!  Grin

Definitely agree though that once the new dev is chosen, having them put their name out there so that we have a human behind the name. It really does bring high levels of trust and that is so important in a world where we can't even trust the banks we give our money too daily.

And I'm pleased you've felt you've been heard- Judge is making a real effort to listen to everyone and everything that I've suggested to him he has considered. That's the kind of public relations the alt coin world needs.

Thanks Bonn3rs! I think we are putting together a really good team and community! Smiley  I appreciate all the work you are doing on Facebook and also for finding bugs in the website.
unlock.mk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:24:08 PM

i am in
cdj27

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:40:04 PM

WHY http://judge.chickenstrips.net
1MH?
Next Network Block   562    (Current: 561)>> Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676280.0
NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:43:56 PM

1MH?
Next Network Block   562    (Current: 561)>> Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Top 25 Blockfinder
Rank   Username   Blocks   Coins Generated
1   chisefu   62            31,000

nice , i also don't know
cdj27

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:46:35 PM

DEV? Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676280.0
NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:58:26 PM

1MH?
Next Network Block   562    (Current: 561)>> Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Top 25 Blockfinder
Rank   Username   Blocks   Coins Generated
1   chisefu   62            31,000

nice , i also don't know

The official pools are testing right now.  Their message states that everything will be reset for launch.

This way we know the launch will be 100% working.

I am paying for a block explorer to be put up within a day of launch so everything is verifiable.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:08:54 PM

It's very interesting X13 coin I will join for sure  Grin

Awesome Smiley The more the merrier Smiley Tell your friends!
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:19:09 PM

what is the rpcport?

port: 14788 rpcport: 14798

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: