Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:56:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultra Under-overclock image for A2 Innosilicon by Emdje - V5.0  (Read 79748 times)
emdje (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 07:37:07 AM

The one witch extranonce support is stable and most recent.
kotarius

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:38:28 AM

I am about to flash 4 A2's soon. Should I wait for your newest version that you are working on? How long do you think it will be.
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 11:49:53 AM

I am about to flash 4 A2's soon. Should I wait for your newest version that you are working on? How long do you think it will be.

I am trying to find what it is that effects this half hashrate problem. Version 4.7.0 has the same problem, and I have not been able to find the problem there (starting with nohup did not help btw) I honestly have no idea how long that will take. Also, I have a lot of things to do this week and only limited time to spend on this. I did manage to crank the SPI speed from 4MHz to 8 MHz, that might improve hashrate stability.
For now I think you are best of in flashing the most recent version with extranonce support.
kotarius

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:09:01 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 08:22:33 AM by kotarius

I am trying to find what it is that effects this half hashrate problem. Version 4.7.0 has the same problem, and I have not been able to find the problem there (starting with nohup did not help btw) I honestly have no idea how long that will take. Also, I have a lot of things to do this week and only limited time to spend on this. I did manage to crank the SPI speed from 4MHz to 8 MHz, that might improve hashrate stability.
For now I think you are best of in flashing the most recent version with extranonce support.

Thanks for your help. Has anyone tried using a usb stick instead of an SD card with this OS? I flashed it with ddrescue like so:

nohup ddrescue --force -r2 /15gb/A2-OC-Tweak3.0-ExNonce-Emdje.img /dev/sdc &

I have 4 A2 terminators and none of them boot with this. They do not show network link light and RPI appears to show a red light.

Reason for this is because I don't have a multi-SD card reader and its super slow to copy.

-----------------

Looks like I have to use SD card to boot, because RPI must have bootcode read from sd card only:

Format the sdcard as FAT and copy the files from the FAT partition of the USB stick onto the sdcard (only needs to be about 64M in size).
Change cmdline.txt on sdcard from root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 to root=/dev/sda2
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:36:40 AM

I just 'burn' the image on an SD card using Win32DiskImager

I do have multiple SD cards, because indeed the coping goes so slow, it would take the miner off-line to long.
kotarius

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:49:02 AM

I just 'burn' the image on an SD card using Win32DiskImager

I do have multiple SD cards, because indeed the coping goes so slow, it would take the miner off-line to long.

On my mac, I tried using dd and it reported speed of 1.5 megabytes per second so that would be 90 minutes per stick sequential, total of 6 hours for me.

On linux, I tried using ddrescue and it reported speed of 5 megabytes per second so that would be about 30 minutes. Best part is I wrote to 4 usb sticks at once like this. But linux did not have sd reader, so I had to write to my spare 8gb usb flash sticks.

nohup ddrescue --force -r2 /15gb/A2-OC-Tweak3.0-ExNonce-Emdje.img /dev/sdc &
nohup ddrescue --force -r2 /15gb/A2-OC-Tweak3.0-ExNonce-Emdje.img /dev/sdd &
nohup ddrescue --force -r2 /15gb/A2-OC-Tweak3.0-ExNonce-Emdje.img /dev/sde &
nohup ddrescue --force -r2 /15gb/A2-OC-Tweak3.0-ExNonce-Emdje.img /dev/sdf &

and it took me 30 minutes total to finish everything!
kotarius

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:12:12 AM

I think the new cgminer does not start upon boot because it anticipates an internet connection.

It is important to try to start it after network interfaces have started.

Put this line:

post-up /etc/network/if-up.d/start_sgminer.sh

as last line of file /etc/network/interfaces

Then:

echo "#!/bin/sh" > /etc/network/if-up.d/start_sgminer.sh
chmod 777 /etc/network/if-up.d/start_sgminer.sh

and put all start usual start scripts under #!/bin/sh in /etc/network/if-up.d/start_sgminer.sh

IMPORTANT: USE FULL PATH TO SCRIPTS AND FILES EVERYWHERE IN STARTUP SCRIPT
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 05:58:23 PM

I think the new cgminer does not start upon boot because it anticipates an internet connection.

It is important to try to start it after network interfaces have started.

Put this line:

post-up /etc/network/if-up.d/start_sgminer.sh

as last line of file /etc/network/interfaces

Then:

echo "#!/bin/sh" > /etc/network/if-up.d/start_sgminer.sh
chmod 777 /etc/network/if-up.d/start_sgminer.sh

and put all start usual start scripts under #!/bin/sh in /etc/network/if-up.d/start_sgminer.sh

IMPORTANT: USE FULL PATH TO SCRIPTS AND FILES EVERYWHERE IN STARTUP SCRIPT

Thnx for helping.
But the problem is that it does not start trought the webinterface when it is booted up as well. And then the network interfaces have started allready. It only works when started throught the terminal, and than it only reports half hashrate Sad
Somehow the terminal executes a little different than the scrypt.
BakSAj

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:46:57 PM

emdje, try run it with nohup
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 09:13:41 PM

emdje, try run it with nohup

I did, still the same.
wmtomlinso

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:42:30 PM

GUYS - is this tweaked version compatable with the newest 110mhash A2 Terminator?  The earlier versions were not...
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 04:14:47 PM

GUYS - is this tweaked version compatable with the newest 110mhash A2 Terminator?  The earlier versions were not...

Sadly it is not.
LordTheron

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 06:36:02 PM

Any idea where I can get orginal  a2 110MH version firmware? my card got corrupted and have no firmware. Im running currently OC ver 3.0 but my blades turn off and on and miner is very unstable. I have tested all other firmwares and its basically the same so need the original.
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 11:46:23 AM

Apparently minereu has firmware that works with it:

The MinerEU firmware has been updated and is also reporting how many cores and temperature of the cores now. please update

new miners will still have 6 module but each pcb panel will have 12 chips instead of 8 chips. which offer a total hash rate of 120M

Maybe you can send a pm to them. I search for a link to firmware for the 110MH terminator but could not find it.
ilratman

Activity: 293

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:32:36 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 01:52:28 PM by ilratman

hy emdje i'm using your "Overclock version 2.0 by Emdje" to mine on 24 different pools at the same time with load-balance activated and work well.

do you know how to activate the extranonce?

i use --load-balance, is there a command like --extranonce  or similar working?

thanks for all

i have an a2 mini 8chips 2 blades.

is the 3.0 ok if i use it?

LOG is the way and is on the way!
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:43:07 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 08:41:53 AM by emdje

hy emdje i'm using your "Overclock version 2.0 by Emdje" to mine on 24 different pools at the same time with load-balance activated and work well.

do you know how to activate the extranonce?

i use --load-balance, is there a command like --extranonce  or similar working?

thanks for all

i have an a2 mini 8chips 2 blades.

is the 3.0 ok if i use it?

Glad to hear it works well. The version with extranonce subscription is version 3.0.

I implemented this code: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850620.0
You enable the subscribe extranonce function by adding #xnsub to pool url's tail.
In the case of nicehash this is: stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333#xnsub
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:02:41 PM

So I'm alittle embarrassed to say this -- but what does "Extranonce support" give you?

I have some A2 Terminators 88Mh/s.  Does this new image provide more efficient hashing with any pool?  Or just certain pools that support this feature?

What are the benefits?  Is this something that would work with my miners?

If there is an easy to read thread about this then feel free to point me in that direction.

Thanks!

wmtomlinso

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:06:07 AM

Any idea where I can get orginal  a2 110MH version firmware? my card got corrupted and have no firmware. Im running currently OC ver 3.0 but my blades turn off and on and miner is very unstable. I have tested all other firmwares and its basically the same so need the original.

zoomhash sent the sw to me.   I could not find it as well.  PM me and I can send it to you.
ilratman

Activity: 293

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:57:10 AM

emdje

in your opinion is simple to reconfigure your image to use the web interface to comand gridseed blades?

if i use your image and change the cgminer with a cgminer for gridseed its work?

i know you develop for innosilicon but i have 2 gridseed blades and web interface of a2 is the best to use.

LOG is the way and is on the way!
emdje (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:08:48 AM

So I'm alittle embarrassed to say this -- but what does "Extranonce support" give you?

I have some A2 Terminators 88Mh/s.  Does this new image provide more efficient hashing with any pool?  Or just certain pools that support this feature?

What are the benefits?  Is this something that would work with my miners?

If there is an easy to read thread about this then feel free to point me in that direction.

Thanks!

It makes for example the change between jobs on Nice/Westhash go a lot faster, without the reconnects. I don't know the deep technicalities.

emdje

in your opinion is simple to reconfigure your image to use the web interface to comand gridseed blades?

if i use your image and change the cgminer with a cgminer for gridseed its work?

i know you develop for innosilicon but i have 2 gridseed blades and web interface of a2 is the best to use.

Gridseed is very different from A2, for example the setting of the clock frequency will not be the same. If you want to try, you would need to adapt the index.php as well (the webinterface), because the command that is send to cgminer is send from there, and that command must obviously be different than that from the A2.
And there is another copy of cg miner in /usr/local/bin

Might be better to use Minera for your purpose: http://getminera.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: