Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:20:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITTREX] Plankton (FOOD) - A coin designed for serious traders. Hungry?  (Read 101980 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:57:47 AM

what the heck happened to the price of this coin? Things seemed so promising on c-rex, but looks like it died once it got to bittrex. Any chance of a turnaround?

Seems like some people are happy with their modest profits so they are cashing out. Dumps are normal in a coins life cycle.

What everyone needs to remember is that Plankton was started incredibly low for this exact situation. There soon won't be enough Plankton to dump if the price keeps dropping.

I just put in 2 buy orders for 3 and 4 sats..I pray I get dumped on because my aim is stock stock up as much Plankton cheap as I can afford because why? See PLANKTON in six months and I tell you why.. Grin Grin

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Cryptohawk

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:43:15 AM

I'm definitely keeping an eye out on this coin. The community support is strong because the developer listens to them and serves them. I wish you good luck wjth Plankton, Whale.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:57:00 AM

Plankton's value rose too quickly and there was no clear vision on our direction.

Right now we're seeing a huge correction where a number of early buyers are selling out (Plankton is still up 400% from the initial sale so I wouldn't say it is dead) and we have decided to focus exclusively on the food industry (OP updated).  

Very few offerings these days provided early buyers with 2000%+ on their investment within days like Plankton did.

Focusing on the food industry isn't a bad idea, and it's always a good idea to give a coin a purpose. My only hesitation might be the name of the coin... I mean, for alt giveaways and normal crypto stuff, associating Plankton + food is fine. Just normally, most people don't typically associate Plankton and think of food, outside of perhaps Krabby Patties. It's sort of like plankton = algae = tiny bugs != food for humans.

FoodCoin, minus the plankton bit, might have worked a bit better if going serious with the coin.
TheWhale (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:09:43 AM

I'm definitely keeping an eye out on this coin. The community support is strong because the developer listens to them and serves them. I wish you good luck wjth Plankton, Whale.

Really appreciated Smiley
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:12:38 AM

Heres what i ordered for dinner tonight... Thanks Whale! And thanks to everyone else for supporting such a great coin like FOOD!! Smiley

BTC address: 16JtzVv4qCVvK5f4K562nbiMJSLe91UQCZ

Thank you :-)

I sent 10 USD worth (so a small tip lol). Enjoy your meal Smiley
thandie
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:00:22 AM

Heres what i ordered for dinner tonight... Thanks Whale! And thanks to everyone else for supporting such a great coin like FOOD!! Smiley

BTC address: 16JtzVv4qCVvK5f4K562nbiMJSLe91UQCZ

Thank you :-)

Hey, looks interesting. What is it?

professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:12:20 AM

Plankton's value rose too quickly and there was no clear vision on our direction.

Right now we're seeing a huge correction where a number of early buyers are selling out (Plankton is still up 400% from the initial sale so I wouldn't say it is dead) and we have decided to focus exclusively on the food industry (OP updated).  

Very few offerings these days provided early buyers with 2000%+ on their investment within days like Plankton did.

Focusing on the food industry isn't a bad idea, and it's always a good idea to give a coin a purpose. My only hesitation might be the name of the coin... I mean, for alt giveaways and normal crypto stuff, associating Plankton + food is fine. Just normally, most people don't typically associate Plankton and think of food, outside of perhaps Krabby Patties. It's sort of like plankton = algae = tiny bugs != food for humans.

FoodCoin, minus the plankton bit, might have worked a bit better if going serious with the coin.

Agreed. I think the coin is losing focus by going towards the food industry. Plankton doesn't make people think of food. It makes people think of whales (or possibly Spongebob). A coin focused on the food industry is a great idea but I agree that FoodCoin would be a much better name if going that direction.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:21:50 AM

Agreed. I think the coin is losing focus by going towards the food industry. Plankton doesn't make people think of food. It makes people think of whales (or possibly Spongebob). A coin focused on the food industry is a great idea but I agree that FoodCoin would be a much better name if going that direction.

I guess the target would be traders who like to think of themselves as whales and need food for late night trading etc. I don't think the name is too much of an issue but it can be changed if that is what people want. I just think the cute mascot could be commercialized (happy meals, tv shows etc) and Plankton is a reference to bitcoin trading (as an origin story). Basically it is the currency for whales.

What direction would you suggest?  Smiley
professorY

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:32:34 AM

What direction would you suggest?  Smiley

Ideally, sticking to the original plan of a fun coin for traders. But if the dumping continues, it might be a challenge to get interest back up. So maybe the food industry thing is smart.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:37:50 AM

What direction would you suggest?  Smiley

Ideally, sticking to the original plan of a fun coin for traders. But if the dumping continues, it might be a challenge to get interest back up. So maybe the food industry thing is smart.

That is still part of it. Basically I'm just more looking to embrace the food concept. So instead of just free food to traders, a way for traders to purchase food online. Also I believe Qiwoman plans on creating a pizza franchise with her new venture backed coin for Plankton. So we haven't deviated too much, we're just honing in on more avenues.

Like you implied, we need to increase the buy pressure and I feel if we build out some services and ink some deals, it will create more demand. But I'm always open to differing opinions Smiley
Sparood

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:47:34 AM

I would rather like to see the coin sticking to the trading idea. We'll need a lot of work to get some people willing to trade though.
Maybe think of a trading game in which you'll be able to trade and earn FOOD. Obviously if the coin drops even further trading doesn't really make any sense anymore.

TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:24:52 AM

I would rather like to see the coin sticking to the trading idea. We'll need a lot of work to get some people willing to trade though.
Maybe think of a trading game in which you'll be able to trade and earn FOOD. Obviously if the coin drops even further trading doesn't really make any sense anymore.

Whale pod will still use Plankton as an example when educating people on how to altcoin trade but FOOD can be used by traders to get free food and purchase food. If we see Plankton as a whale currency this would probably make sense. We won't go the Jamie Oliver route  Tongue

I don't think Plankton can drop much further. I'm going to get some quotes about a whale game for android and iOS.
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:27:04 AM

There has been five scams on bittrex this month (the latest being USBcoin with a hidden premine). I wish people could identify the genuine coins with genuine development.
professorY

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:28:06 AM

There has been five scams on bittrex this month (the latest being USBcoin with a hidden premine). I wish people could identify the genuine coins with genuine development.

Yeah being only on Bittrex isn't helping. I've seen several "Bittrex is a scam" posts just in the last few days.

dogetime

Activity: 257

BUY BUY CELL CELL

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:35:08 AM

I really like the look of this coin. I have to admit that I am a bit confused by the 'Essential nutrition for whale development', I dismissed it as being one of those backed coins where the coin is backed by some commodity in this case plankton but now it seems that it's food in general and not backed. It's a bit confusing for someone like myself reading the ANN for the first time that's all, I'm going to watch this coin though Smiley

Pump and dump philosophy
BTC: 1EZnwK5H5nRV2Tm4qToPg4Gb56eu35YoUC
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:18:23 PM

Yeah being only on Bittrex isn't helping. I've seen several "Bittrex is a scam" posts just in the last few days.

I enjoy Poloniex. Maybe we should push to get voted on there. I don't understand why someone has littered the sell book full of 1 BTC sells, they are only pushing the price down.
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:18:59 PM

I really like the look of this coin. I have to admit that I am a bit confused by the 'Essential nutrition for whale development', I dismissed it as being one of those backed coins where the coin is backed by some commodity in this case plankton but now it seems that it's food in general and not backed. It's a bit confusing for someone like myself reading the ANN for the first time that's all, I'm going to watch this coin though Smiley

I'll change it now Smiley
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:27:49 PM

Added some new bait to the hook  Cool
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:08:15 PM

Is this coin dead? Seems like it started dying even before it got to Bittrex. If not, what's the recovery plan?

Indeed - wish I'd known about it sooner. Is C-Cex the place to go to get in earlier on coins?
CryptoSkills

Activity: 126

BitCoin, webdesign and coding.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:48:28 PM

Is this coin only PoS nopw or still PoW?

Thanks.

Kranio.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: