Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:33:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITTREX] Plankton (FOOD) - A coin designed for serious traders. Hungry?  (Read 101980 times)
TheWhale (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:37:34 AM

That is still part of it. Basically I'm just more looking to embrace the food concept. So instead of just free food to traders, a way for traders to purchase food online. Also I believe Qiwoman plans on creating a pizza franchise with her new venture backed coin for Plankton. So we haven't deviated too much, we're just honing in on more avenues.

Like you implied, we need to increase the buy pressure and I feel if we build out some services and ink some deals, it will create more demand. But I'm always open to differing opinions Smiley

The name and focus of the coin always seemed a bit confusing, to be honest. I assumed you were going for the cute meme/fun little coin type of thing with the Plankton concept. A coin that people wouldn't really take seriously, but maybe some money could go to charities, some foods/contests would go to traders, and the coin would chug along at 5-10 sats and that would be pretty much it. Perhaps  due to the plankton name it could be linked to whale  conservation, or something similar, as a focus.

The food aspect is a pretty decent idea, but as I stated, I don't quite get how Plankton ties into it so well -- if the coin is meant to be serious. It's like making a WORM coin -- food for birds -- and then trying to tie the coin into food for people. It's not exactly appealing.

I'll assume and hope that Qiwoman plans that pizza franchise without using the Plankton name ... I mean, Pizza with a Plankton logo has some serious marketing hurdles to overcome. It's like having a giant bug logo on your pizza box ... most people won't say, 'Yummy'.

I guess if you focus just on crypto traders, perhaps they'll overlook the plankton logo and just think of food for trading. But again, FoodCoin or something like that seems like it'd make more sense. At least you could use a logo of something that looks edible then.

You present some interesting ideas
I love Pizza Cat and his posse: https://www.facebook.com/thePizzacat

Personally i think this kind of coin has merit for game winnings. i.e replace in game point / token wins with coins won. Some leg work to get an app/flash dev to alter a game would be interesting. There are plenty of whale type games that would need minimal alteration. All would depend on the license agreements. whalegame.net seems to have games that would need minimal alteration etc. A simple flappybird clone with a whale and in game coins won might do ok. Payouts to wallets would have to be addressed, in a simple manner. CS coin really was on the right track with this but was/is probably a scam. Given the  wasteland of scamcoins at the moment another revenue supply would be useful for alts in general.

Right now 7 sat really needs beating as thats where high volume is from the major dump on bittrex. Then i would want to see a bounce off 7 sat and a move higher.

This is another good point!

I'm trying to maintain humor through memes, but also present real information and facts.
I'm thinking of how the Daily Show and Colbert Report are humorous, but factual too.

These guys are friends with Plankton WhaleFOOD on Facebook, fun Altcoin and Crypto related memes:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crypto-Humor-Hub/705940909479518

I like the Altcoin Food associations, plus I'm infusing it with the EDM/Burning Man/Jam Band, Music/Art scene I'm create media for.
I've gotten a lot of positive responses to Plankton WhaleFOOD so far!

Cool https://twitter.com/PlanktonFOOD

Yeah the general response has been surprisingly positive with very few trolls (touch wood). Which is a huge indicator that we are doing something right. 
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:47:42 AM

Well we can basically incorporate all of the ideas back into the general concept.

1. A funny/ lighthearted coin for traders
2. Traders can receive free food from trading FOOD
3. Traders can also use FOOD to purchase food online
4. Plankton pizza franchises will be hubs for crypto enthusiasts around the world
5. In between trading, traders can also gamble with FOOD and play our iOS/ Android game (coming soon)

UNLESS we change the pizza franchise to Crypto Pizzas or something and it just accepts FOOD as payment? It is like whales giving up their hard earned Plankton catches for human pizzas  Grin
nicemycoin

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:48:07 AM

what about Plankton (FOOD) coin now? what is the current price.
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:03:51 AM

what about Plankton (FOOD) coin now? what is the current price.

It has risen 100% over the last 12 hours. Plankton is incredibly undervalued, we will have a floor at 10 sats soon.

https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-FOOD

GOOO Whale Pod  Kiss
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:41:16 AM

I like the name. Plankton : FOOD coin

Plankton is actually kind of cool sounding for a tech company (or coin).
Look at what tech companies are calling themselves these days and getting millions of dollars of funding from VCs.
Catchy names are good.

And yes - Food. There are few bigger markets than the Food market.
So that should be the coin's primary focus. Anything to do with food.

Food charities are great but those can be part of the coin after it finds a real use.
Right now focus should be on finding a new innovation (or multiple) that
are centered on Food consumption or distribution or anything related to the food business
that can be a profitable enterprise and make value for investors.

Plankton started out as a "fun meme" coin but actually has real potential
as a serious tool and could become a valuable business enterprise.
In 10 years you don't want to look back and wish you had listened to "that guy yoyodyne" Tongue
A lot of people don't realize how much potential there is in Alt coins right now.
This Food coin concept is potentially a big deal.

I think there are already some great ideas being kicked around Smiley
Sparood

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:22:37 AM

Get your sell orders out, give it some room to grow. Price increase will attract new traders.

Let's create a FOOD shortage Wink

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:03:07 AM

Get your sell orders out, give it some room to grow. Price increase will attract new traders.

Hahha that is a clever one i like that..I have 90% of my FOOD staking and making babies in my wallet every few minutes lol. I am holding and will try to eat some of the wall before I retire for the night. I love PLANKTONPIZZA the name it just has an awesome ring to it.. PLANKTON PIZZA - eat like a whale! Grin..Just put in a phat buy order..now dump on me haha night night.. Let's see if I can get to over 20 mil Plankton by tomorrow.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:12:03 AM

Haha nice point! It definitely would help if there wasn't 35+ BTC on the sell book... Not sure why people are so eager to sell when Plankton is not even a month old!
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:22:46 AM

I like the name. Plankton : FOOD coin

Plankton is actually kind of cool sounding for a tech company (or coin).
Look at what tech companies are calling themselves these days and getting millions of dollars of funding from VCs.
Catchy names are good.

And yes - Food. There are few bigger markets than the Food market.
So that should be the coin's primary focus. Anything to do with food.

Food charities are great but those can be part of the coin after it finds a real use.
Right now focus should be on finding a new innovation (or multiple) that
are centered on Food consumption or distribution or anything related to the food business
that can be a profitable enterprise and make value for investors.

Plankton started out as a "fun meme" coin but actually has real potential
as a serious tool and could become a valuable business enterprise.
In 10 years you don't want to look back and wish you had listened to "that guy yoyodyne" Tongue
A lot of people don't realize how much potential there is in Alt coins right now.
This Food coin concept is potentially a big deal.

I think there are already some great ideas being kicked around Smiley

Exactly, the food industry is huge. It can still be a fun coin but with more of a focus on food for traders (free or purchased) and to entice newcomers into Plankton with pizza etc. If you scroll through the various trollboxes you always see people discussing that they need to eat. Lets turn those discussions into Plankton!

The charity donations will come from a quarterly fundraiser and go towards a deserving charity. But that is down the track.

Basically we need utility and games  Cool Then the demand will be there
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:42:07 AM

I've set up a thread for our free food competitions https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716781.msg8097151#msg8097151

Something to salivate over  Wink
GreenBacksTeam

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:53:38 AM

Really just noticed this coin, but we love you guys satirical take on a coin. It is good to actually have successful light-hearted coins like this in the community amongst the constant scams. Very nice animated whale headers too lol.

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
alfmar

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:50:09 AM

I'm one of the guys that buy all the coins i have. I love the coin and when see in c-cex, was love to first sight  Roll Eyes. I see here probably a new and fresh water doge
 Grin Grin Grin

Perhaps the big problem here was put all the food on the table. With pow we don't have that problem. Now we must find some solution to take that coins from the exchanges at 5-6 satoshis. If we don't do that gonna be difficult the investors take plankton serious.

One idea could be have some dice games or others, where the people could bet in food and if win, receive in btc for example...
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:50:54 AM

Really just noticed this coin, but we love you guys satirical take on a coin. It is good to actually have successful light-hearted coins like this in the community amongst the constant scams. Very nice animated whale headers too lol.

Among all the things with this coin, I too think the logos are pretty funny and creative. Nice art. Smiley
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:56:17 AM

Among all the things with this coin, I too think the logos are pretty funny and creative. Nice art. Smiley

Thanks everyone for the support. The community is growing nicely!  Grin
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:17:34 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 02:05:09 PM by TheWhale

SOCIAL WHALES NEEDED

We need more people assisting Relicords with social media. If there are any helpers who are willing to assist Plankton, please message me.

FOOD is now at 8 sats, not bad  Wink That is a 166% rise so far.
cindereynolds

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:56:32 PM

upping the giveaway to celebrate the rise...

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ PND bamboo muncher ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
                        PPtd7diYFaKzY11iqVV1xoy6MLLY6mg7Kq
TheWhale (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:09:10 PM

Haha love it! Keep up the good work  Grin
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:53:29 PM

lol I like your style ... it be cool if there was a 4chan tip bot Tongue

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

Did we adopt one of those named whales in the other thread? What was the end result of the vote?

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:54:30 PM

lol I like your style ... it be cool if there was a 4chan tip bot Tongue
Awe that is so cute..I wish I was one of those little whales haha.. I need to PM PLANKTON DEV WHALE Tonight..I need him to come on a Google hangout next week..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: