Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITTREX] Plankton (FOOD) - A coin designed for serious traders. Hungry?  (Read 101980 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:04:28 PM

I hope things improve soon..It's such a great coin and I feel sad seeing #FOOD sold and dumped for so cheap. I guess its the impatience of the crypto markets.. I am confident#FOOD will survive and #planktonpizza is a dream I hope to make come true. Smiley..I got more buy orders in..

I have an idea..
Why not make #FOOD a proof of baghold coin?\I willing to invest 1 million of food into the project or current equivalent in BTC to start us off..
1. Interim idea to rent rigs and mine all the ninja coin launches..
2. 20% of the profits goes towards a long term plankton pizza fund..
3. 30% goes to stabilize #PLANKTON price
4. 50% goes to bagholders of over half a million food monthly in BTC..

Once this model proves good then we can grow other ventures..invest in other stuff like we doing in Qibuck coin.

So if all of us with a million or more FOOD donate something we can start this project..

Let's keep qibuck and food seperate Wink

Well we could try and give a new meaning to "bagholding" and make it a good thing maybe, so people won't be as willing to dump.

It sounds like a scam if we try to give "bagholding" a new meaning.

That's fine by me..you have your opinion and I have mine. Smiley. I thought asset backed coins would produce more value..maybe you guys have better ideas. Probably the idea of asking people to donate to help this coin was a bad Idea. I guess people only want to hit and run, pump and dump..That's cool too. Smiley..Plankton Pizza domain is up for sale if the general consensus is not to do a JV with us. If the community rejects then I have nothing more to say. Goodluck.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

I hope things improve soon..It's such a great coin and I feel sad seeing #FOOD sold and dumped for so cheap. I guess its the impatience of the crypto markets.. I am confident#FOOD will survive and #planktonpizza is a dream I hope to make come true. Smiley..I got more buy orders in..

I have an idea..
Why not make #FOOD a proof of baghold coin?\I willing to invest 1 million of food into the project or current equivalent in BTC to start us off..

Once this model proves good then we can grow other ventures..invest in other stuff like we doing in Qibuck coin.

So if all of us with a million or more FOOD donate something we can start this project..

baghold, bagholders?
Better to stay away from negative words. Who wants to think about shit with food. Everything else looks good.

The coin is going down people are dumping you have any POSITIVE contributions to add then? Any better ideas? At least I had an idea to help the coin.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
thandie
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:32:44 PM

FOOD need some technical stuff like mobile wallets - I think.
But first, a proper website.
kitk

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:36:07 PM

I have an idea..

baghold, bagholders?
Better to stay away from negative words. Who wants to think about shit with food. Everything else looks good.

The coin is going down people are dumping you have any POSITIVE contributions to add then? Any better ideas? At least I had an idea to help the coin.

You have some great ideas. The only idea I dislike is trying to give bagholding a new meaning.
silverkinguk

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:43:55 PM

What is the point of buying a coin if you don't want to hold it?
By making a coin asset backed will help get the coin recognized,and not as a pump and dump mechanism.

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:54:07 PM

I thought the coin already had a website, or do you mean a better website?

Mobile wallets, or general wallet improvements could help. But I don't know how much funding is left for the coin.

I think part of the problem has been its focus. I hope people don't take this as complaining, as its meant as constructive criticism, but there wasn't a real straightforward goal or focus with the coin initially. It appeared to be a little fun meme coin at first, then a coin geared towards food for crypto people. Or a mix of both. But I'm not sure if that really appealed to investors, at least not without a food portal or something similar where people could use the coin to buy food. Or chat, or whatever the portal was meant to be.

With a name like plankton, I would have thought perhaps whale conservation would have been its main goal -- perhaps have transaction fees go to a donation fund, or something like that.

Anyway, the asset idea I guess could work, but of course you need some assets to start with. At current prices, you would need an awful lot of donations. I do think that Plankton shouldn't be tied too closely to qibucks however... sometimes you don't really want to start a new coin with baggage from an old one.
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:57:17 PM

It has a proper website: http://whalepod.org
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:11:24 PM

There is a lot of potential for thus coin..It just needs a general consensus and something to bring it lasting value.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
chrisnippz

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:56:41 AM

We need a roadmap! maybe a vote aswell.

What way are we going to go.. Food related or whale/marine preservation? At the moment with all media coverage here in Aus about japanese whale fishers whales may be the better way. With low funding this could be an easier step to set up.

What happened to NALA ? Is she adopted. Lets have a whale a week adoption?

Then having;
- paper, web, mobile wallets
- anon
- as mentioned a % going to a donation of whales. - hardfork change POS% and introduce buy back. It's fully mined so this should be fairly easy.
- Proof of Dev
- Start sponsoring whale conservation - setting up donation wallets on their sites // potentially getting media coverage. There are heaps in australia. The biggest being the Sea Sheppard(being a TV show) http://www.seashepherd.org.au/. It is backed by a lot of celebrities too. Could be a good stepping stone
- Getting on more exchanges - MP, swiss, polo, cryptsy. Social seems to have slowed down.
- more games? we were promised at least 2 at the start, where are they? I went and invested my FOOD to get one setup myself because nothing was being done.
- We have a team... but what is everyone contributing?

FOOD for thought people.
thandie
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:11:11 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 08:45:21 AM by thandie

Has or had? Okay, I know what you mean.

Look at the OP please.
There you will find links to everything (News, Faucet, Twitter, FB, Google+, Reddit, stories... ), but not a unique website.
Only a hint. WEBSITE: planktonwhalefood.com
And planktonwhalefood.com is not a good site because it looks like a link farm.

TheWhale (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:51:09 AM

Has or had? Okay, I know what you mean.

Look at the OP please.
There you will find links to everything (News, Faucet, Twitter, FB, Google+, Reddit, stories... ), but not a unique website.
Only a hint. WEBSITE: planktonwhalefood.com
And planktonwhalefood.com is not a good site because it looks like a link farm.

It is still under construction  Smiley
thandie
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:00:36 AM

What way are we going to go.. Food related or whale/marine preservation? At the moment with all media coverage here in Aus about japanese whale fishers whales may be the better way. With low funding this could be an easier step to set up.

Then having;
- anon
- as mentioned a % going to a donation of whales. - hardfork change POS% and introduce buy back. It's fully mined so this should be fairly easy.
- Proof of Dev
- Start sponsoring whale conservation - setting up donation wallets on their sites // potentially getting media coverage. There are heaps in australia. The biggest being the Sea Sheppard(being a TV show) http://www.seashepherd.org.au/. It is backed by a lot of celebrities too. Could be a good stepping stone
- Getting on more exchanges - MP, swiss, polo, cryptsy. Social seems to have slowed down.
- more games? we were promised at least 2 at the start, where are they? I went and invested my FOOD to get one setup myself because nothing was being done.

FOOD for thought people.

Sounds good +1
TheWhale (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:06:50 AM

Then having;
- anon
- Proof of Dev

FOOD for thought people.

Personally, I see this as our biggest hurdle right now. Plankton doesn't have a clear focus and everyone has their own ides on where they want to take it. I'm hearing whale adoption/ marine preservation, food franchises etc, sponsoring events, introducing newcomers to crypto (the original idea) etc

Here is a good list sent to me on what we need to do http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/08/05/the-10-biggest-social-media-time-wasters/
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:01:58 PM

I'd lean towards whale conservation myself, but food giveaways aren't going to hurt the coin (thanks for the pizza by the way... put up my pics the other day on that food thread). It just seems like as far as an overall purpose and use, the coin's message is rather muddled.

As has been mentioned, whale conservation could get free media publicity as an extra bonus. I'd like to see a whale of the week adoption, although of course it's not my money, so Whale would need to decide if he wants to support, umm... whales... well, real whales I mean.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:22:59 PM

I'd lean towards whale conservation myself, but food giveaways aren't going to hurt the coin (thanks for the pizza by the way... put up my pics the other day on that food thread). It just seems like as far as an overall purpose and use, the coin's message is rather muddled.

As has been mentioned, whale conservation could get free media publicity as an extra bonus. I'd like to see a whale of the week adoption, although of course it's not my money, so Whale would need to decide if he wants to support, umm... whales... well, real whales I mean.

We should also have sponsor a trading noob..Maybe big whales can say sponsor a trading noob with some coins and teach them to trade..Could be good. I donated to Nala btw to be adopted.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
chrisnippz

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:06:39 AM

We should also have sponsor a trading noob..Maybe big whales can say sponsor a trading noob with some coins and teach them to trade..Could be good. I donated to Nala btw to be adopted.

Definitely need a noob trading school! I swear they kill the markets sometimes with ridiculous buys/sells! panic panic panic
chrisnippz

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:06:49 PM

Came across this. Explained very well.

OK... here are the time tested strategies for investing in commodities:

1) Only invest money you can afford to lose.  Never invest money needed to pay bills.

Explanation:  The market can remain low and your losses not recoverable longer than you can stay solvent.  If you need that money next month, dont invest it. 

2) Do your research.  Buy quality, not hype. 

3) Trading on emotion is pure gambling.  Use logic. Have a plan.  Set a goal.  Be flexible.

4) Learn to spot the "Pump & Dump".  Buying on the pump can be profitable, but the dump comes without warning.

5) Prices go down faster than they go up.

6) After purchase, set a "stop loss" at 80-90%.

Explanation:  Purchase price 1000 satoshi.  Place coins for sale at 800-900 satoshi.  This way, if the market goes down, your coins sell and losses are limited.  Remember rule #5.

If the price rises to 1500 satoshi, move your stop-loss to 1300-1450 satoshi.  Now some profit is locked in.

Price now 3000 satoshi?  Change stop-loss to 2700.  This will lock in your profit when the market turns and you are not watching.

7) Leave the last 10% gain for someone else.

Short explanation:  You can never determine the top.

Long explanation:  Greed to get the last little bit out of an investment will cost you.  Not only is the top impossible to determine as prices rise, but there is very little trading at that level.  Better to sell at 10% under your estimate of the top, and while it is still rising.....that way your sale will not drop the market. 

Selling after the top is found and the price declines only causes the drop to accelerate. (panic selling).  The fastest percentage drop is always at the top.  So sell before the top is reached.

8 ) Buy a little at a time, sell a little at a time.  You cannot know the top or the bottom.

Explanation:  Prices go up and down every few minutes.  Best to average your buy and sell prices.  Instead of purchasing 1million coins at a time, (large purchase can cause the price to climb temporarily), then seeing the price drop back down, better to buy 100,000 every day or every few hours.  Dont forget to place your stop-loss. 

When time comes to sell, sell a little every day or few hours.  That will average out the price.

9) Diversify.  Be invested in different areas. 

10) Dont chase losses.

Explanation:  Purchased at 1000 satoshi.  No stop-loss set and price is 300 satoshi.  Waiting for the price to go back up is emotional trading.  Dont buy more at 300 satoshi.  Sell now, dropping the price further,  and place buy orders for the coin at 200-250 or so satoshi. 

11) Don't buy on margin. 

Explanation:  Buy on margin means you pay 10% of the purchase price and borrow 90% at low interest.  Also called leveraging.  This is very profitable in an UP market, but when the market goes down even 5%, investments have to be sold.  This causes a tsunami of sell orders and a severe sudden price drop.  Remember rule #5.

Bitcointalk member: Litoshi
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:30:38 PM

Some decent tips. I'm hardly an expert... actually pretty terrible at trading overall... but one other important thing is for folks to realize why a coin may be going up or down. I think it would be interesting if someone with more experience wrote an article on price manipulation -- not how to do it, just how to properly spot it.

Pump occurs, then fud/trolls pop up... price dumps... then trolls magically vanish... price rises again, and process repeats itself over and over.

Dev announces new feature, new feature has 'problems' ... price tanks... dev returns with a miraculous solution, price goes up again. Devs alternatively just take 'breaks' and don't show up for several days or more during rough patches for a coin, again, tanking the price ... which can easily be rectified when the dev becomes active posting again.

Whales dumping to themselves in order to panic sellers into selling cheap coins back to them.

That sort of thing.

One thing that does annoy me sometimes is when new traders (or will assume they are new traders) don't recognize a market may be low volume, and if a rise is going on, decide to plop down their 3+ btc sell order in a market that is sustaining crumb-like .05ish types of sells. They basically destroy the rally on their own coins. You see them jump around trying to get their giant order sold, sometimes dumping and killing the price... like they are so eager to sell they can't spread out their orders into smaller amounts and just wait.
zhizhi321

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:55:00 AM

food is 1 sat. Do we have any development plan?

chrisnippz

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:54:01 AM

Dev? Plans?
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: