Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:56:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you buy the LargeCoin mining appliance?
Yes
Probably yes
Maybe
Probably not
Definitely not

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LargeCoin Pricing Announced; Taking Pre-Orders  (Read 30261 times)
ttul (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:04:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

LargeCoin is pleased to announce that we are now taking deposits against pre-orders of our first dedicated, ASIC-based mining appliance, the LC C200 Integrated Mining Unit (IMU). Deposits will be held in third party escrow until final product delivery, which is expected in July 2012, and will be refunded if the product cannot be delivered on time. And yes, you can pay with Bitcoins if you prefer. Additional product details, along with terms and conditions, are found toward the end of this message.

If you would like to be contacted about making a pre-order, please use the following Google form to let us know:

http://bit.ly/A53ShJ

PRICING AND DEPOSIT DETAILS

The C200 IMU is priced at USD $30,000. We are selling 25 units initially, with more to come later in 2012. To secure your place in the line, you must make a $4,500 deposit, which will be held in escrow by a third party until product delivery. You and LargeCoin will sign an escrow agreement to this effect before any money is transferred. The deposit will be returned to you if product delivery does not take place by July 31, 2012.

==============================================

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The LargeCoin C200 is the world's first purpose-built Bitcoin mining appliance. Designed to fit within a standard 1U of rack space, the C200 connects to the network using Ethernet, and starts mining as soon as it's plugged in to the wall. Mining is controlled via an online control panel hosted by LargeCoin, which allows you to direct mining shares to the pool of your choice and manage your entire LargeCoin cluster in one convenient place. Each C200 mines at 20GHash/s, consuming a mere 100W. Designed for high density operation, the C200 provides efficient movement of air and is suitable for operating in a fully loaded 42U rack (up to 40 units per rack).

Despite the incredible power efficiency and spatial density of the C200, it's priced competitively with GPU mining. When compared with GPU mining, the C200 consumes 100 times less electricity and 14 times less rack space, meaning there's virtually no operating cost associated with this device.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Your deposit guarantees that LargeCoin will ship you a C200 IMU by July 31, 2012, that the specifications of the final product will not deviate materially from the specifications shown here, and that the device will function properly when it is plugged in. When you receive the unit and connect it to the network, you will be granted a temporary mining license enabling the system to mine for a period of 30 days. When we receive the balance of your payment, a permanent mining license will be issued to you. C200 IMUs may be transferred and re-sold -- just let us know before you make the sale so that we can transfer ownership of your license key.

SHIPPING

LargeCoin ships to North American destinations for free. Shipping costs for other destinations will be born by the customer and must be paid in advance. We will notify you when the shipping date approaches and provide a shipping quote for your review and final approval. International customers should be aware that air freight and insurance may cost $2,500 or more.

90-DAY LIMITED WARRANTY

LargeCoin warrants that the C200 will function materially consistent with the specifications for a period of 90 days following device activation, which occurs when you plug the unit in to a network with Internet connectivity for the first time. If the device fails, you may return it to us at LargeCoin's expense for a full refund, or replacement unit. Devices that are dead on arrival will be replaced or refunded.

NO GUARANTEE OF MINING REWARD OR FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE

Due to the random nature of Bitcoin mining, and the large uncertainties in the Bitcoin economy and network, LargeCoin cannot guarantee that the C200 will solve Bitcoin blocks at a particular rate, or that it will generate a financial benefit of any kind. Mining profitability depends on a number of factors, including the selection of a mining pool, which may or may not charge fees that reduce the mining reward; changes in the Bitcoin mining reward calculation including but not limited to scheduled reductions in the mining reward; and fluctuations in difficulty factor. LargeCoin's warranties and guarantees extend only so far as the hashing rate provided by the appliance, and its level of average power consumption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brian DeLoach
VIP

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:11:01 PM

Each C200 mines at 20GHash/s, consuming a mere 100W. Designed for high density operation, the C200 provides efficient movement of air and is suitable for operating in a fully loaded 42U rack (up to 40 units per rack)...When compared with GPU mining, the C200 consumes 100 times less electricity and 14 times less rack space, meaning there's virtually no operating cost associated with this device.

200 Mhash per watt? If you can deliver the hardware at that spec, you will obliterate the competition.
ttul (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:14:09 PM

Each C200 mines at 20GHash/s, consuming a mere 100W. Designed for high density operation, the C200 provides efficient movement of air and is suitable for operating in a fully loaded 42U rack (up to 40 units per rack)...When compared with GPU mining, the C200 consumes 100 times less electricity and 14 times less rack space, meaning there's virtually no operating cost associated with this device.

200 Mhash per watt? If you can deliver the hardware at that spec, you will obliterate the competition.

We wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't possible. These are the numbers that come back from simulations with the chip manufacturer, because we don't have any real chips to play with yet - the real numbers will vary a bit, of course, but we'll commit to not deviating materially from these specs.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:21:05 PM

Don't forget that you are paying $1500/Ghash. Also, ttul why are the units "tied" to your hosting?

Anyway, it's great to see something like this coming up. Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:22:45 PM

Sure, but how many people have 30 grand to throw around....

Cool stuff anyway. 

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:26:04 PM

Don't forget that you are paying $1500/Ghash. Also, ttul why are the units "tied" to your hosting?

Anyway, it's great to see something like this coming up. Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work.

Price is $30 000 not 300 000.

They are only paying $150 for a GH/s performance.

Blows everything out of the water if real IMHO.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:27:27 PM

Mathematics.com , its $1500 per GH ie. $1500 x 20 = 20GH or $30 000 Tongue

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
bulanula

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:29:55 PM

WTH, I swear I read it as 200 GHash/s performance Huh Only 20 ghash/s from ASIC ( $1500/GHash ) seems low as hell when BFL supposedly does 50 ghash/s at same price using FPGA technology which is worse than a fully custom ASIC that LargeCoin claims to be using.

So the Rig Box would own this POS !?
Brian DeLoach
VIP

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:32:18 PM

WTH, I swear I read it as 200 GHash/s performance Huh 20 ghash/s from ASIC seems low as hell.

The Rig Box does 2.5 times more hashes, but at 10 times the electricity per hash. It comes down to what you value more, hash/$ performance or hash/watt performance.
Clipse

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:32:23 PM

WTH, I swear I read it as 200 GHash/s performance Huh 20 ghash/s from ASIC seems low as hell.

You can get 1MH/s out of ASIC, thats not the problem. The price is the problem, it would probably be the better option for some rich startup bitcoin miner who lives in a country that atleast cost 50x more for power than the average country pricerange, this country doesnt exist :/

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:33:22 PM

The Rig Box does 2.5 times more hashes, but at 10 times the electricity per hash. It comes down to what you value more, hash/$ performance or hash/watt performance.

Lets be honest, neither of these exist on the market and until there is an actual unit available for either of them we are all just throwing numbers around Wink

bulanula

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:34:38 PM

Lets be honest, neither of these exist on the market and until there is an actual unit available for either of them we are all just throwing numbers around Wink

Exactly.

They mentioned all the data is based upon simulations ...

We all remember BFL claiming 1 ghash/s at 20 W and it turns out to be 800 mhash/s at 80 W

Simulations are not worth jack.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:34:46 PM

Chip manufacturer simulation: 100% granted...
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:34:53 PM

Only a 90 day warranty on a $30k piece of equipment?  And tied to your host site?  Yeesh - you could fake mining at 20 GH/s for 90 days and then cut it off (claiming that the unit must be broken) and still come out way ahead.  Too many red flags here..

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:36:21 PM

Power consumption.  

That being said I take any simulation with a grain of salt but getting 8x the performance per watt is pretty impressive.  Also BFL last product ended up be 400% of claimed wattage and 66% of claimed hashing power at 20% higher price.   If Rig box follows that same trend it is ~30GH/s @ 10 KW and ~$35K.  Smiley

Still two paper dragons that only exist in simulation form ...
Brian DeLoach
VIP

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:37:45 PM

We all remember BFL claiming 1 ghash/s at 20 W and it turns out to be 800 mhash/s at 80 W

They are at least offering an escrow and promising the specs within reason or they will refund. As soon as I get the escrow agreement I'll post it here. I do wonder about the hosting requirement. I would much rather run the unit independently.
ttul (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:42:04 PM

They are at least offering an escrow and promising the specs within reason or they will refund. As soon as I get the escrow agreement I'll post it here. I do wonder about the hosting requirement. I would much rather run the unit interdependently.

This is great feedback. By "hosting" we're not meaning that the devices need to be plugged in or online 24x7 to access a site hosted by LargeCoin. We issue you a token, and the token permits a certain number of blocks to be mined. For out-right purchases, the token will permit unlimited mining, whether the device is plugged in or not. And yes, the token is tied to crypto on the processor. As I mentioned earlier, the purpose of this mechanism is to support a leasing model.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:44:36 PM

They are at least offering an escrow and promising the specs within reason or they will refund. As soon as I get the escrow agreement I'll post it here. I do wonder about the hosting requirement. I would much rather run the unit interdependently.

This is great feedback. By "hosting" we're not meaning that the devices need to be plugged in or online 24x7 to access a site hosted by LargeCoin. We issue you a token, and the token permits a certain number of blocks to be mined. For out-right purchases, the token will permit unlimited mining, whether the device is plugged in or not. And yes, the token is tied to crypto on the processor. As I mentioned earlier, the purpose of this mechanism is to support a leasing model.

Hell no.  DRMed mining rigs.  I mean you got to be fucking kidding me.  What happens when it turns out the token you sold me expires or requires some "upgrade fee" to continue to work past 2015 or you decide to stop supporting the version of the token I bought.  Even more mundane things like your company gets shutdown for tax evasion and my rig can't "phone home" and thus becomes a $30K doorstop.

I wouldn't do that for a $30 video game much less 30K rig.  Your high MH/$ price already makes it less competitive than existing solutions.  Throwing asinine DRM on top of it is just a killer.  

Beyond stupid.    I mean DRM WTF are you guys thinking?  I thought I had seen it all.
Brian DeLoach
VIP

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:44:54 PM

As I mentioned earlier, the purpose of this mechanism is to support a leasing model.

Do you have more details about the leasing model? I don't see any mention of it in this thread.
Clipse

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:48:07 PM

As I mentioned earlier, the purpose of this mechanism is to support a leasing model.

Do you have more details about the leasing model? I don't see any mention of it in this thread.

I can only suspect after 90days they will force you to keep paying them or they switch of your token.

Thats all that makes sense, they wont tell you up front before the 90day period ends however.

Good luck pushing your scamrig to the masses, I bet some obscure rich retard would fall for this.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: