Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:06:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock]  (Read 300465 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 04:24:29 AM

Its purely HTML5, which is also why it looks terrible in older browsers Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 07:18:19 AM

Motion Raised! Opposing what the motion page reads, and enforcing what the contract states: 70% of shareholders must vote "yes" for the motion to pass.

https://glbse.com/vote/view/24

If this motion passes, capital will be raised to purchase five Quad XC6SLX150 Boards, which are featured here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78239.0
1400 shares will be issued at 0.6BTC each. Remaining funds from this capital will be invested in other GLBSE companies/bonds, which will ultimately increase Cognitive's earnings. This will more than double Cognitive's current hashrate. The operator will maintain the contractually granted 10% of the company and will receive 140 shares.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 08:48:54 AM

Motion Raised! Opposing what the motion page reads, and enforcing what the contract states: 70% of shareholders must vote "yes" for the motion to pass.

https://glbse.com/vote/view/24

If this motion passes, capital will be raised to purchase five Quad XC6SLX150 Boards, which are featured here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78239.0
1400 shares will be issued at 0.6BTC each. Remaining funds from this capital will be invested in other GLBSE companies/bonds, which will ultimately increase Cognitive's earnings. This will more than double Cognitive's current hashrate. The operator will maintain the contractually granted 10% of the company and will receive 140 shares.

Remember Cognitive is on the DMC bond trade list. 1 DMC for 1 Cognitive.

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 05:51:07 PM

Seems like the hashrate is @ 0 starting today? Change pools? Internet down?
http://eligius.st/~artefact2/7/15XmWTsyLp6WVMCn52sSTm1tB9NXyP9fRM
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 06:31:42 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2012, 06:45:16 PM by Garr255

Seems like the hashrate is @ 0 starting today? Change pools? Internet down?
http://eligius.st/~artefact2/7/15XmWTsyLp6WVMCn52sSTm1tB9NXyP9fRM

Clipse's pool doesn't like MPBM; switching to GPUmax with Eligius backup both with 1DfGiAHbW1jV8i4ZRcFpR6CGRkWnmdYdFb

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 09:49:19 PM

Well I'm blind Tongue
Thanks; thinking about buying a few shares
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 09:53:35 PM

Heh, no problem.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 06:17:22 AM

Motion voting closes tomorrow around 6PM PST. Get your votes in!

stabs

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 11:47:34 PM

Do current shareholders get first dibs on the new shares?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 12:53:57 AM

I'd like to do something like that, it seems very fair.

All who are interested:
Send me a PM with proof of ownership, GLBSE account name, and how many shares you want. I'll give you an address to send the coins to, and they will be sent back if the motion does not pass.

If the motion passes, shares will be issued tonight and put up for sale tomorrow at 8:00pm PST.

Preorders can be placed and will be fulfilled in the time between the issuance of the shares and when shares are released for public sale.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 01:59:23 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2012, 03:19:41 AM by Garr255

The motion passed with 99.97% of voters for it. https://glbse.com/asset/old_motions/COGNITIVE

3780 for and one against.

As stated above, shares will be issued now and available for current stock owners to purchase, then will be put up for public sale at 8:00pm PST tomorrow.

I've been going back and fourth with the makers of the board we plan to invest in, and we're working out a way to get them their money, because they don't accept Bitcoin Shocked

So you don't have to read the last page:

I'd like to do something like that, it seems very fair.

All who are interested:
Send me a PM with proof of ownership, GLBSE account name, and how many shares you want. I'll give you an address to send the coins to, and they will be sent back if the motion does not pass.

If the motion passes, shares will be issued tonight and put up for sale tomorrow at 8:00pm PST.

Preorders can be placed and will be fulfilled in the time between the issuance of the shares and when shares are released for public sale.

investr

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:26:09 PM

I have an issue with this motion if you'll hear me out. I'm ok with expanding to purchase more hardware, but what I'm not ok with is "Remaining funds from this capital will be invested in other GLBSE companies/bonds, which will ultimately increase Cognitive's earnings". This is vague and incorrect in stating that earnings will ultimately increase. Other companies can fail and lose money, which is why I'm not investing in those companies. Also, nothing specific is given as to what companies Cognitive would invest in, how much would be invested, or on what quantitative or qualitative basis Cognitive would make to invest in companies. In my opinion, there should have been two separate motions, and I'm sorry I didn't come across this sooner.

Another point worth making is that as the sole operator of Cognitive, you have proven yourself to be a great technical operator, manager, communicator, and what have you for running your machines. But what makes you a good investor? I'm not sure that I trust someone else to make investments for me. I'm honestly surprised no one else has brought anything like this up, as I would want to know exactly where the money is going, how it is being spent, and based on what assessment. As I currently hold about 1% of Cognitive I feel that this is something worth bringing up and I'm curious to hear other people's perspectives.

Successful transactions: http://pastebin.com/GM27Ju59
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 08:39:59 PM

I have an issue with this motion if you'll hear me out. I'm ok with expanding to purchase more hardware, but what I'm not ok with is "Remaining funds from this capital will be invested in other GLBSE companies/bonds, which will ultimately increase Cognitive's earnings". This is vague and incorrect in stating that earnings will ultimately increase. Other companies can fail and lose money, which is why I'm not investing in those companies. Also, nothing specific is given as to what companies Cognitive would invest in, how much would be invested, or on what quantitative or qualitative basis Cognitive would make to invest in companies. In my opinion, there should have been two separate motions, and I'm sorry I didn't come across this sooner.

Another point worth making is that as the sole operator of Cognitive, you have proven yourself to be a great technical operator, manager, communicator, and what have you for running your machines. But what makes you a good investor? I'm not sure that I trust someone else to make investments for me. I'm honestly surprised no one else has brought anything like this up, as I would want to know exactly where the money is going, how it is being spent, and based on what assessment. As I currently hold about 1% of Cognitive I feel that this is something worth bringing up and I'm curious to hear other people's perspectives.

I noticed that too.

I figured that after buying new hardware, there would only be a small amount of funds left over, and was curious as to where and what Garr would invest in.   

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:12:39 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2012, 01:21:36 AM by Kluge

I noticed that too.

I figured that after buying new hardware, there would only be a small amount of funds left over, and was curious as to where and what Garr would invest in.   
Same here. I'm assuming we're talking about "leftover funds" which'd be used, not thousands of coins. May's well do something with them, and given how stupid-easy it is to grow something in the Bitcoin economy, you'd be hard-pressed to end up with a loss. Investing (I wrote "Incesting" at first - Idunno if that was really unintentional) in other mining companies seems a little cannibalistic and unconfident.

I own nearly 2/5 of Cognitive, now (ETA: this is false now there's 6.4k shares instead of 5k). I'd definitely prefer funds stay in something relatively liquid (I don't think you're providing seed money for any private manufacturers or investing in boats, so you should be good on that), and something with stable returns (low-risk). Blurring conflict-of-interest lines, but I'd be happy to give Cognitive a preferable CD rate of 6%/32D with the option to take out the entirety of funds on demand, but with interest-nulling penalty should it be exercised prior to date of maturity (which'd be every 32 days, assuming auto-renewal). No Pirate exposure, decent diversification, and relatively enormous % ownership equity compared to typical banks.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:58:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I added that bit to the motion just because we might have 100 or less BTC left over and remaining dormant, and I'd hate to see it simply sit.

I do plan to ask before purchasing shares for the company, and I will make majority shareholders' opinions have a significant impact on what is done with the funds. Although, if everyone feels safer, I'd be happy to put all the coins in Kluge's CD.

Any proposals for fund placement?

Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 11:12:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I added that bit to the motion just because we might have 100 or less BTC left over and remaining dormant, and I'd hate to see it simply sit.

I do plan to ask before purchasing shares for the company, and I will make majority shareholders' opinions have a significant impact on what is done with the funds. Although, if everyone feels safer, I'd be happy to put all the coins in Kluge's CD.

Any proposals for fund placement?

I'm not a major share holder, but I think Kluge's offer sounds good and think he is a safe and profitable place to park funds for a while.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:20:07 AM

I also thing we should put the funds in the Kluge CD until Yohan and crew lets up pay.

brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:55:50 AM

[...] Investing (I wrote "Incesting" at first - Idunno if that was really unintentional) in other mining companies seems a little cannibalistic and unconfident.

I own nearly 2/5 of Cognitive

Investing the funds back in your CD is a bit incestuous too!  Grin Kluge invests in Cognitive. Cognitive invests in Kluge.

In case anyone misunderstands, I'm just stirring.  Wink A lot of big listed companies have cross holdings. I'm not currently a Cognitive investor, but I think BDK is as good a place as any for funds not immediately required.

DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:57:44 AM

[...] Investing (I wrote "Incesting" at first - Idunno if that was really unintentional) in other mining companies seems a little cannibalistic and unconfident.

I own nearly 2/5 of Cognitive

Investing the funds back in your CD is a bit incestuous too!  Grin Kluge invests in Cognitive. Cognitive invests in Kluge.

In case anyone misunderstands, I'm just stirring.  Wink A lot of big listed companies have cross holdings. I'm not currently a Cognitive investor, but I think BDK is as good a place as any for funds not immediately required.

Clearly Kluge and Cognitive both should invest in DMC Wink

investr

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:27:08 AM

Exactly! It's counter-intuitive to invest in another mining operation unless they are doing something vastly different (think what's the differentiation or competitive advantage). You'd be better off investing in the race horse to avoid a conflict of interest. Buying more hardware (or saving for it) or buying back shares might make more sense then. Definitely needs some more discussion.

Successful transactions: http://pastebin.com/GM27Ju59
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: