Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:02:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock]  (Read 300467 times)
shbtc

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:54:11 PM

Great!

Additionally, we have the option to order from BitFury, who I have received sample chips from already and I believe to be a very good option currently. We can order 400gh/s from them, guaranteed to be delivered in October, for ~BTC100

KNCMiner's Jupiter is >400 Gh/s, possibly before October, for $7k or about 75 BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shbtc

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:57:19 PM

Great!

Also, for our next round of COG.F I am thinking we stick with the same contract, and just change the inital price per contract for 20 shares from 2.5 to 10 btc each. This effectively prices the contracts at BTC0.5 per share.

Our last round of COG.F sold at BTC2.5 per contract for 20 shares and is now trading at BTC12 each! I hope to see the same kind of turnaround for our COG.F holders this time around Smiley

The security will be called COG.F2 and is already pending admin approval then will be up for voting on BTC-TC, but will not become active until the motion passes, of course!

why not 1:10 split??

I do believe a split will help liquidity on the market. I believe a 1:2 split would be more beneficial for Cognitive, on the basis that we would still have the integrity of being around BTC0.5 per share. If there are no objections I'll raise a motion for a 1:2 split Smiley
If you're seriously considering a stock split and favour a btc 0.5/share price for current shares and possibly the cog.f2 shares, a 1:2 split may not be enough.  The shares are around 0.8-0.9 at the moment and if they split 1:2 the price will be around 0.4-0.45, then say things go quite well and the price jumps like it did with basic-mining, we're right back to this price point in no time at all.

i personally think if we are going to split might as well do at least 1/5 if not 1/10.

we don't want to have to do a split right after a split.

^ This ^
TheFuneral

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:36:46 AM

if COF.F2 passes how long will it take for deliverance ?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:50:11 AM

Say we buy Cog.F2 (after approval), and a week later a 1:2, 1:5, or 1:10 stock split is decided, or even later down the road. Will only the 20 shares be delivered in time, or will the split be taken into consideration? This slightly swayed me away from a previous cog.f purchase when the price shot up and many shareholders spoke of splits.

COG.F will split equally with Cognitive -- you will still get the amount of stake in the company that you purchased contracts for, so no worries there!

I'm aiming for four months as a maximum, but that will only happen if the companies we purchase from deliver on time. BitFury is fairly reputable already and I am fully confident that they will meet or do better than this time frame.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:00:38 AM

+1

I say patience and split 10:1 when we actually need it. Too many here want... get rich quick.
 If this company is managed professionally and seriously with level heads, it WILL grow. FACT.

And I also agree that we should wait a bit and see how things play out before a split. Share price might skyrocket making us want to split again.

I am also going to raise a motion changing our minimum motion time to one week instead of two. It seems that the vast majority of votes are placed within the first week, and two weeks is just too long to get anything done quickly.

Cheers,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:26:19 AM

how much COG.F2 per shares,i can't to buy it.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:33:17 AM

how much COG.F2 per shares,i can't to buy it.

COG.F2 will be sold for BTC10 each, but not until the motion passes. I will post an update here when they are available for purchase!

snowdropfore

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:52:41 AM

just one more question:Is it One  COG.F2 shares represents 20 COGNITIVE shares just like COG.F?  if my math is good. now one COGNITIVE shares cost 0.8B ,0.8*20=16B? but you sell 10B one shares. i just can not get it??

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
snowdropfore

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:15:14 AM

just one more question:Is it One  COG.F2 shares represents 20 COGNITIVE shares just like COG.F?  if my math is good. now one COGNITIVE shares cost 0.8B ,0.8*20=16B? but you sell 10B one shares. i just can not get it??

the reason why it is less is because you do not get to collect dividends until the units that your funds bought gets to be put in use. You are more or less loaning cognitive your BTC and you are getting a pretty good return.

okay,i get it ,thx

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
alexius89

Activity: 709
Merit: 500

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 03:28:34 PM

here are many (modules/avalons for sell:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260674.0

15 x B1-Module
23-28 GH / Modul
Verlange 39 BTC pro Modul
Gratisversand innerhalb Schweiz

***15x Batch 1 modules @ 39 BTC  per Module

or whole Avalons

is that something for cognitive?

TheFuneral

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:13:06 PM

I'm aiming for four months as a maximum, but that will only happen if the companies we purchase from deliver on time. BitFury is fairly reputable already and I am fully confident that they will meet or do better than this time frame.

what if it doesn't take four mouths? Do we then get our money back?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:57:24 PM

If it takes less that four months: All is well and you get your Cognitive shares early.
If it takes longer: Although this is a very small chance, it is a part of the risk here.

TheFuneral

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:00:00 PM

If it takes less that four months: All is well and you get your Cognitive shares early.
If it takes longer: Although this is a very small chance, it is a part of the risk here.

so if it takes longer we wait longer? What if it never comes? Is there a cutoff date or is our money gone?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:12:52 PM

so if it takes longer we wait longer? What if it never comes? Is there a cutoff date or is our money gone?

In the original COG.F there was no such clause, but I do believe you bring up a good point here. How about we add this to the COG.F2 contract: "If said hardware is not delivered within six months from the sale of the first COG.F2 contract, all contracts will be converted into Cognitive shares regardless what the hardware situation is."

Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:54:55 AM

In the original COG.F there was no such clause, but I do believe you bring up a good point here. How about we add this to the COG.F2 contract: "If said hardware is not delivered within six months from the sale of the first COG.F2 contract, all contracts will be converted into Cognitive shares regardless what the hardware situation is."

I would vote "No" on this. This allows for the possibility of existing Cognitive shares to be diluted.

Adding more shares but at the same time adding more mining power so hashes per share  go up = good.
Adding more shares but mining power stays the same so hashes per share go down = bad.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:39:24 AM

I would vote "No" on this. This allows for the possibility of existing Cognitive shares to be diluted.

Adding more shares but at the same time adding more mining power so hashes per share  go up = good.
Adding more shares but mining power stays the same so hashes per share go down = bad.

Alright, we won't change anything then Smiley

TheFuneral

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:08:29 AM

Alright, we won't change anything then Smiley

this still doesn't explain what happens to my money if the said units never arrive or take longer than expected ( four months ) to arrive. Is there really no clause for this situation? If so I'm far from being involved with this fund. I've seen in the past companies promise to met deadlines and I'm well aware of that. Expecting it in the future is a moronic expectation IMO.
SaintFlow

Activity: 476

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:24:07 PM

Dear Garr,

given the lastest press development and speaking as a minor shareholder in
your operation I request you consider registration with the SEC.

Thank you for your attention.

don't let me make you question your assumptions
drewmsmith

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:58:07 PM

Dear Garr,

What did I miss?
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:46:23 PM

Dear Garr,

What did I miss?

Trandon Shavers going to jail soon?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: