Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:11:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin | Next generation currency | continued development  (Read 157088 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 04:09:27 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 04:26:48 AM by BitcoinNational

SMART all the things  Grin

The fourth industrial revolution, more commonly known as “Industry 4.0”

SMART through the increasing integration of “cyber-physical systems,” or CPS, into factory processes.

CPS is basically a catch-all term for talking about the integration of smart, internet-connected machines and human labor. Factory managers are not simply reimagining the assembly line, but actively creating a network of machines that not only can produce more with fewer errors, but can autonomously alter their production patterns in accordance with external inputs while still retaining a high degree of efficiency.

In other words, Industry 4.0 is the production-side equivalent of the consumer-oriented Internet of Things, in which everyday objects from cars to thermostats to toasters will be connected to the internet.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/life-after-the-fourth-industrial-revolution

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Btree

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

bitcoin é uma árvore que vai continuar a crescer

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:02:47 PM

Hi,

I looked at comkort trade page for SMC, and it says:

"Last block for SMC wallet has been seen 14 hours ago. All operations for SMC disabled untill new block will be found."

Is it true?

jmfcanada

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 03:15:52 PM

Hi,

"Last block for SMC wallet has been seen 14 hours ago. All operations for SMC disabled untill new block will be found."

Is it true?

Some idiot with more hash power than brains drove the difficulty up to 111!!!... Either that or they did it on purpose.  Angry
jmfcanada

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 03:22:29 PM

Hi,

Is it true?

Some idiot with more hash power than brains drove the difficulty up to 111!!!... Either that or they did it on purpose.  Angry
AH, found a couple of blocks. the difficulty is just horrible now instead of insane.
bitbets

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 04:00:41 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 05:24:12 PM by bitbets

Can you add Smartcoin SMC please?

Sure we can start accepting smartcoin i will add your logo to the thread later on today please be advised if your paying with a coin not listed on coinpayments submit a support ticket on site as these orders will be processed manually

Good News, Another merchant is accepting smartcoins! Smiley

altcoin-hosting.info is accepting smartcoins smc
to pay for hosting services
Smartcoin is going to have a smartcoin picture at the link below with other coins Smiley
Read more about altcoin-hosting at the link below at bitcointalk
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1025464.0

altcoin-hosting.info will process the smartcoin orders manually everyone Smiley

I hope everyone at smartcoin buys hosting from altcoin-hosting.info
We need to be thankful to merchants who accept smartcoin, and pay for their services with smartcoin
to show our appreciation. Thank you everyone

If psionin is watching, can you please put the merchants accepting smartcoin onto this smartcoin op,
along with the fact we will have to contact them with a support ticket when paying with smc,
because smartcoin isn't listed with coinpayments.

altcoin-hosting.info has a backlink from my smartcoin forum, announcing that altcoin-hosting.info accepts smartcoins
http://smartcoin.boards.net/thread/104/altcoin-hosting-info-accepts-smartcoins

If you know of any other merchants who accept smartcoins, please let me know so I can post at the smartcoin forum to try and keep it organized somewhat,
or you are welcome to join/register/login at the smartcoin forum and post about merchants accepting smartcoins in the forums for doing that. Thank you, it helps if other people do some of the work.

It would be nice if people would make a list of the merchants accepting smartcoins and put that list on websites or webpages, to try and keep smartcoin organized I think

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
bitbets

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:09:07 AM

There needs to be more participation from members of smartcoin,

to spend some of your smartcoins to help smartcoin in various ways,

Spend some smartcoins and pay people to do things for you, in smartcoins,

go to the exchanges and rebuy your smartcoins, it is part of getting the smartcoin economy going.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:20:47 PM

Good News, Another merchant is accepting smartcoins! Smiley

www.altcoin-hosting.info is accepting smartcoins smc
to pay for hosting services

Read more about altcoin-hosting at the link below at bitcointalk

----------
This is a big one.
So Cool Beans.
Anyone hosting there yet?  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
madross

Activity: 411
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 04:28:54 PM

Just an update i have added the smartcoin logo too our website and thread and look forward to taking your orders and also offering more useability for your members

Altcoin-Hosting.info

INCAKOIN HEAD DEVELOPER
NKA=Nj5t2Lh74LT4LXT5WZNVyyp7d4CN2aNcGS
BTC=1LRbDKaTjZh7HzPesnhzPzrJkMvvazynu2
bitbets

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:35:54 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 02:37:19 PM by bitbets

Just an update i have added the smartcoin logo too our website and thread and look forward to taking your orders and also offering more useability for your members

Altcoin-Hosting.info

Thank you madross

Thanks alot for putting the smartcoin coin picture into that picture with the rest of the coins.

Here is a link to the altcoin-hosting.info thread, you can see the smartcoin logo is now included with the rest of the coins

What do you think of these Smartcoin Avatar picture ideas:

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

bitbets

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:26:53 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 10:24:36 PM by bitbets

Please note that SmartCoin will be removed from Comkort exchange due to low or no trading activity. Please withdraw all your funds from the wallet before May 7th, 2015.
No funds could be retrieved after this date.

We appreciate your understanding.  

Comkort team

It doesn't really make sense to delist smartcoin, when I/we are trying to make smartcoin more widely used and accepted currency.

There might be some difficulties with trading at comkort, and that might be why there hasn't been much trading of smartcoin there?

One of the things I can tell you, is that I use tor to check out websites, and I have to do that, because when involved with crypto, I/we are asked to look at alot of different websites continually.

I/we have concerns about viruses, and having our computers attacked.

When I first go to try and surf to comkort using Tor, I encounter this webpage that says it is a cloud page and requires that I decipher an impossible to read captcha.
I cannot read the cloud captcha's, so I cannot fill that in, and I cannot access websites that are blocking me from going to their  site.

Often, if I cannot safely look at a site in the first place, then I just don't bother surfing to that site at all, it wastes my time and risks my computer.
That is one reason why I didn't go and trade at comkort yet.

I suggest to sites that use those cloud blocking methods, to set up a landing page that can be accessed with tor, and people do not encounter those cloud blocking uninterpretable captchas.

And on the landing page, put alot of information there for us, it will help to build some trust from us, the websurfers as we are trying to navigate the web without getting viruses.

It dissappoints me that comkort is delisting smartcoin, I would like to ask comkort to keep smartcoin listed, but I cannot guarantee that people will trade more volume of smartcoins at comkort at this time, but maybe with patience, or maybe with some changes or innovations or work.

I am always asking people to get involved with smartcoin, and help smartcoin to become a more widely used and accepted currency, and it would be my hope that comkort might do that, the price of smartcoins is very low currently, and presents opportunities to buy alot of coins at low prices, get involved and help to turn things around.

If comkort invested into smartcoin, then I do not think comkort would delist smartcoin.
I think those of us in the smartcoin community need to ask ourselves, why didn't comkort invest into smartcoins, thereby gaining an interest in smartcoin, and less likely to delist smartcoin if they were invested into smartcoin.

At the same time, comkort might help smartcoin, by telling us why it is that comkort is not invested/investing into smartcoin?

Thank you comkort for adding smartcoin to trade, but I think that somehow there has been a failure somehow, that smartcoin is now being delisted.

It is hoped that if/when an exchange adds smartcoin for trading, that the exchange will invest into smartcoin, and then have incentive not to delist smartcoin after that, even if the volume is low.

To be honest, I think there is some things that comkort might do, or might have done, to help increase the trading in smartcoins at comkort, but did comkort do those things?

Did comkort try to work with smartcoin people, to try and figure out why there wasn't that much trading, and to try and help to find ways to increase the amount of smartcoins being traded? Not that I am aware of.

I suppose, if you/we had tried every possible way to try and increase smartcoin trading and volume at comkort, and then failed, but I do not think I/we/you have explored every possible way and actually did not even begin to explore that out more.

Some of the smartcoin participants haven't been active for a while, that might be part of the problem. But smartcoin needs to try and grow a larger community of people who are more actively involved with smartcoin, through the ups and downs.

I am writing all of this, in the hopes that smartcoin can improve its relationships with exchanges in the future, I do not like to see smartcoin taking steps backwards.

Here are some updates about what is going on with smartcoin and exchanges currently.

Smartcoin was trading at cryptoine.com but cryptoine.com got hacked and is shut down temporarily, but might return, and I think cryptoine.com intends to continue trading smartcoin if/when cryptoine resumes providing there trading sevice.

Smartcoin is still traded at cryptsy.com and thankful that cryptsy continues to have smartcoin trading though volumes have been low for a while, but the price and volume might improve in the future. Cryptsy is the biggest crypto exchange, and smartcoin is fortunate to be trading there.

Smartcoin recently got added for trading at cryptotrade.exchange and I ask smartcoiners to please do some trading there, we do need to have some trading going on at the exchanges.
( cryptotrade.exchange was not rezzing when I typed their url into the address bar of the browser, so I typed cryptotrade.exchange into the search engine, and then by clicking on the search engine results link to their site,
then cryptotrade.exchange does rez.
cryptotrade.exchange seems like a well-functioning exchange to me, and its a nice looking site too.

I ask exchanges to invest into smartcoin, and then you have an interest in keeping smartcoin trading at your exchange,
and there might be some things that you could do to try and help smartcoin to be more visible so people might be more inclined to buy smartcoin then.

One of the issues for smartcoin, is that smartcoin is that people have to scroll down through a list of coins, in order to find smartcoin on the exchange( at cryptsy this is an issue, but at cryptotrade.exchange they haven't added as many coins as yet so it isn't an issue right now, but later might be). The exchanges do not give smartcoin enough advertising after smartcoin gets lost in a list of coins that people have to scroll down on. Myself and others have mentioned to psionin that we prefer to use SMART as the ticker symbol at exchanges, for smartcoin, but psionin so far has resisted this, so we continue with the ticker smc which is unrecognizable to most people as being smartcoin, and also requires extra efforts to put the acronym SMC into all of our advertising to try and get people to realize that SMC is smartcoin. ( I still believe that smc can be used as the acronym for smartcoin in the wallet, but smart could be used on the exchanges, and I think we would gain more than lose by doing it that way.)If I owned the exchange I would put a picture and link to the smartcoin trading page right at the top of the home page for everyone to see.
With smartcoin under-priced(trading lower than it should be), smartcoin is a strong buy, and after investing into smartcoin, then try doing some things for smartcoin to help smartcoin to be more widely accepted and used.

Smartcoin is still trading on two exchanges, but we need to be trading on at least 3 exchanges, in order to get listed for the free vote at coinpayments.net ( to try and get a payment processor for smartcoin )
So, smartcoin needs to find another exchange now, with comkort delisting smartcoin.

Also, smartcoin price needs to go up on the exchanges, so that smartcoin is in the top 200 at coinmarketcap.com (this is a requirement that coinpayments.net has in order to apply to be listed for the free vote to be added to coinpayments )

Those are current goals for smartcoin, if we all work together towards those goals, smartcoin can achieve these small things. Smiley

1- Smartcoin must be trading on 3 or more exchanges

2- Smartcoin must be ranked in the top 200 at coinmarketcap.com

3- when 1 and 2 above are achieved, smartcoin needs to apply for the free vote each month at coinpayments.net to try and get smartcoin to have a payment processor

4- If/when smartcoin gets added to the free vote at coinpayments.net I/we need smartcoin people to get out and vote at coinpayments.net to try and get coinpayments to do payment processing for smartcoin

*alternatively, if someone will pay coinpayments, then we could have payment processing, without having to have any of the above. Smiley

And I want to let comkort know, that interest in smartcoin is likely to increase, if/when smartcoin gets payment processing at coinpayments or elsewhere, and I have been trying and some other people have been trying, so we are trying to increase the trading and volume, but exchanges need to be patient for now until smartcoin makes these advances.
This is a time to buy or invest into smartcoin, and when advances are made then there should be more interest in smartcoin.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

bitbets

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:02:38 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 04:30:25 AM by bitbets

I am looking for someone to create a smartcoin casino, or accept smartcoins at an existing casino
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1029760.0

A smartcoin casino would help to create much needed economy for smartcoin,

and I offer to manage a signature and/or avatar campaign for free for 2 months to advertise the created smartcoin casino, or one month if an existing casino accepts smartcoins. Smiley

The smartcoin wallet isn't synching again. What's up with that?

Anyone heard from psionin lately?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

bitbets

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:43:39 PM

26 hours of smc wallet not synching?

I know psionin has done good work for smartcoin, but he had said he is only part-time dev,

and there is a lack of communication at times, we are left in doubt what is going on with the wallet not synching intermittently like this?

Doubt can lead to not trusting as much, and lack of trust leads to lower prices for smartcoin on the exchanges as we see is going on right now.

We need to have the wallet uptime as much as possible,

and if there is going to be any interruptions, we need to have communications going on,

so that people do not lose trust.

I am thinking we need to try and find a full-time long term committed developer to work with smartcoin,

preferably someone interested to invest or mine smc, and improve their investment by working as dev to help smartcoin become more widely used and accepted currency.

Also, smartcoin needs the crypto community to invest into smartcoin, and help smartcoin in those ways as well. It isn't fair at all to blame smartcoin, when in fact each person or group or company, has not done everything in their powers to help smartcoin to become a more successful coin.
But rather, these lacks of doing those things to make smartcoin better, are what is oppressing smartcoin at this time, that is what I believe.
Their self-seekings where they do other things, rather than help smartcoin to grow and flourish into a more widely used and accepted currency.
You see, their self seekings are opposed to my own goals, and the goals of other people who are invested or working with smartcoin.

And smartcoin needs a full time dev I think.

And then there is every other type of services for coins, each of them could also do something for smartcoin, but isn't doing that.
So, it is more the crypto communities faults as a whole, more than it is this coin or any one coins fault, for having low volumes and not much trading.

I believe smartcoin should be a top 50 coin according to price on the exchanges, and maybe top 20, not just now, but into the long term, that is what I think smartcoin should be.

I am inviting ideas for getting a full time long term dev for smartcoin.
You may know more about it than me.

With the wallet not synching currently, that will put a stop to any of my plans with smartcoin for the time being, but participants in the smartcoin avatar campaign will still be paid for this month, although the smartcoin wallet will have to synch first so I can send the coins to them.

In the meantime, I have now gained a little bit of experience managing a campaign, and might be able to market myself and get a job doing that for someone else, if smartcoin wallet cannot even synch, then I must move on to other things for now.
I have an interest in smartcoin so I am not abandoning smartcoin, not at all, but we will need to have more participation and a fulltime dev.

I don't know, psionin is not posting, even though we need him to do so at times

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:09:18 AM

The reason the wallet isn't syncing is probably because there hasn't been a block found. Could also be a fork, but I lean towards it's the lack of blocks. It's been stated the difficulty has risen quite a bit as well.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
jmfcanada

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 12:45:05 AM

I know psionin has done good work for smartcoin, but he had said he is only part-time dev,

and there is a lack of communication at times, we are left in doubt what is going on with the wallet not synching intermittently like this?

It has less to do with the wallet and more to do with idiot miners. The wallet is not syncing because somebody put 3+ GH on it and drove the difficulty up over 100 which in turn makes it nearly impossible to find a block at the average hash rate that SmartCoin normally attracts so nobody is mining it, therefore no blocks are being found and the wallet has fallen out of sync. I suppose from a developers standpoint the gravity well might be modified to make it less susceptible to this type of attack, but other than that there is not much that can be done other than increasing the market and price to a point where it can support a higher difficulty range.

I will do as did the last time and mine it back down to a reasonable difficulty but chances are that they are just going to come back and do it again in a few more days.

The stupid part is that they can only get a very few profitable blocks and then the rest is just a cost to them.  Huh...  Roll Eyes
bitbets

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:00:55 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 11:46:07 AM by bitbets

It has less to do with the wallet and more to do with idiot miners. The wallet is not syncing because somebody put 3+ GH on it and drove the difficulty up over 100 which in turn makes it nearly impossible to find a block at the average hash rate that SmartCoin normally attracts so nobody is mining it, therefore no blocks are being found and the wallet has fallen out of sync. I suppose from a developers standpoint the gravity well might be modified to make it less susceptible to this type of attack, but other than that there is not much that can be done other than increasing the market and price to a point where it can support a higher difficulty range.

I will do as did the last time and mine it back down to a reasonable difficulty but chances are that they are just going to come back and do it again in a few more days.

The stupid part is that they can only get a very few profitable blocks and then the rest is just a cost to them.  Huh...  Roll Eyes

Glad the smc wallet is synching again.

Excuse my ignorance, but how does increasing the market and price of smartcoin, make it so it can support a higher difficulty range?

I am trying to find someone to create a smartcoin casino or for an existing casino to accept smartcoins so we could gamble with smartcoins if want to. Your help is appreciated, to get smartcoin a place to gamble at a casino. you know, trying to enlarge the smartcoin economy

By the way, in the OP of the smartcoin avatar campaign thread,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1024757.0
I have listed the two participants smartcoin addresses, ( in green near the bottom of the op )
and if people want to reward them with more smartcoins, be my guest.
I think the smartcoin avatar campaign is a neat expansion for smartcoin at this time,
and it would show that people involved with smartcoin appreciate their involvment

Thank you Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

k0stas

Activity: 526
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:29:28 PM

Yaamp added Smartcoin to the pool for mining.
http://yaamp.com/site/block?id=705
Is that good news or bad?
jmfcanada

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 05:03:14 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but how does increasing the market and price of smartcoin, make it so it can support a higher difficulty range?

Easy, the higher the difficulty the harder it is to find a block. Or, it takes more hashing to find each block every time the difficulty increases. More hash rate requires more machines using more electricity to find the same number of coins. Miners are struggling to make ends meet so they go wherever they can to find the best value for their efforts. The higher the value the more revenue there is to attract and maintain a larger workforce. The larger the workforce the less vulnerable the coin is to attacks by large farms or pools.

That was the point I was trying to make.

FYI: It took well over an hour at 275MH to find that high difficulty block. That's 17 computers running 99 video cards to find 16 Smartcoins worth 130 satoshi's each (at the moment).   
jmfcanada

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 05:10:36 PM

Yaamp added Smartcoin to the pool for mining.
http://yaamp.com/site/block?id=705
Is that good news or bad?
It depends on how conscientious they are about mining it.
If they mine within tolerance it should be OK, If they hit it with the big hammer it will no doubt be F'd again.
bitbets

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:33:36 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 11:44:18 PM by bitbets

Easy, the higher the difficulty the harder it is to find a block. Or, it takes more hashing to find each block every time the difficulty increases. More hash rate requires more machines using more electricity to find the same number of coins. Miners are struggling to make ends meet so they go wherever they can to find the best value for their efforts. The higher the value the more revenue there is to attract and maintain a larger workforce. The larger the workforce the less vulnerable the coin is to attacks by large farms or pools.

That was the point I was trying to make.

FYI: It took well over an hour at 275MH to find that high difficulty block. That's 17 computers running 99 video cards to find 16 Smartcoins worth 130 satoshi's each (at the moment).  

Why might large farms or pools "attack" a coin like smartcoin? is it a whim, they just feel like doing that so they do that? why do people do things on the internet?

jmfcanada found that block? You say you were using '17 computers running 99 video cards to find 16 smartcoin worth 130 satoshi each (at the moment )? (the sell orders are thin though, and sitting around 200 satoshi last I checked, not that much sell pressure, just some coins sold and not enough buy orders coming in to push price up again. Big spread between 130 buy orders and 200 satoshi thin sell orders ..)
Obviously we need more buy support for smartcoin, but what price would be enough to pay for all that?

I keep on trying in what capacity I can, to try and get more buy support, maybe people can help me out with this. One philosophy I have, is to try and have more people use and accept smartcoins, the theory being that they might then give more buy support for smartcoins on the exchanges, so we need more merchants accepting smartcoin. I am trying to find a casino to accept smartcoins, to give smartcoin people a place to gamble.
But at the same time, I try to sell the current low price of smartcoin, as a speculative investment, hoping that people will become involved, invest and help to make smartcoin more widely used and accepted, thereby increasing their investment the theory goes. But people have to be active with smartcoins to make the theory work.

I joined bitbingo.io signature campaign and that will pay me some bitcoins every couple of weeks, and I can use some of that to support the smartcoin price on the exchanges, which is actually significant at these prices for smc. They are paying me 0.08 btc every two weeks, and I am happy to have some income in btc .
Who knows, maybe bitbingo.io might consider accepting smartcoins for their bingo ? I am not going to push that though, but rather I am a humble participant servant paid poster of theirs at this time
Smiley

I am hoping more people will invest in smartcoins and give support on the exchanges.

I am optimistic. It wouldn't take much for smartcoin to have more buy support.

jmfcanada, welcome to the smartcoin main thread, I noticed you posting recently, and I looked at your website briefly, maybe you can give smartcoin some buy support on the exchanges if that interests you?
I am thinking you are a corporate entity?
3D printing is what I was reading about at www.eckertech.com/
Do you care to tell us more about your business at eckertech.com ?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 03:07:52 AM

FPGA's are supposedly x11 capable, so if true, it may not be as huge of a farm as you project it to be.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: