Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot  (Read 72510 times)
Tobius

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:00:24 AM

fible1 - is Your bot still open source ? Is it nice to make someone else's work closed ?

If you read the post before getting angry, and checked my thread, you know that you can decompile the extension and get the source.

Also the code is RADICALLY different and has many many features the original didn't have, it is in essence a different bot, the trading concept is the same however.

Best.

Sorry to bug you, but would it at all be possible to have the trend lines update on the graph based on settings used? Completely unnecessary, but nice Tongue
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 12:02:33 AM

fible1 - is Your bot still open source ? Is it nice to make someone else's work closed ?

If you read the post before getting angry, and checked my thread, you know that you can decompile the extension and get the source.

Also the code is RADICALLY different and has many many features the original didn't have, it is in essence a different bot, the trading concept is the same however.

Best.

Sorry to bug you, but would it at all be possible to have the trend lines update on the graph based on settings used? Completely unnecessary, but nice Tongue

Hi Smiley,
  Do you mean that you would like to be able to see the EMA lines and thresholds values represented on the graph?

Smiley.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
Tobius

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:41:08 AM

Best.

Hi Smiley,
  Do you mean that you would like to be able to see the EMA lines and thresholds values represented on the graph?

Smiley.

Yes.
Damn me and my misuse of terminology @_@
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 12:44:59 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 01:11:36 AM by fible1

Best.

Hi Smiley,

Smiley.

Yes.

I'm thinking thats technically possible, I'd have to look it but I'm thinking that would be a nice addition to Version 3 Smiley.

Anything else you'd like, please post it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197175.new#new and I'll make sure to try to include it on V3 Smiley.

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
maverick1337

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:35:23 AM

Best.

Hi Smiley,

Smiley.

Yes.

I'm thinking thats technically possible, I'd have to look it but I'm thinking that would be a nice addition to Version 3 Smiley.

Anything else you'd like, please post it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197175.new#new and I'll make sure to try to include it on V3 Smiley.

Best.

This may sound weird but is it possible to have a bot notify you (via email/text/etc) when the EMA lines cross, and that only? I don't want it to automatically trade but to just send me a notification of when they cross so I can initiate the trades myself. You wouldn't have to include any trading data or anything. I know people spend a lot o time and effort on their codes and was wondering if this was possible.

Thank you in advance for any help.
virtimus

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:52:22 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 07:40:50 AM by virtimus

Angry ? Come on Smiley I'm not playing with BTC for business - I'm doing it for fun ...
Proof ? I've preserved original author BTC address in the code.

And don't tell me You don't know what's open source.

When You have to buy and then reverse engineer something to get the code - it is no longer open source.
I've just simply asked for clear declaration from You about it Smiley

And it seems that if Your bot is really profitable then it is smarter than original one Smiley  

Mine just sold and cutted loses. So I will never tell people that they will make money on it. I just don't have to make any marketing Smiley  

By the way - is Your bot doing just market orders or are You specifying the price ?  

Original one was doing market orders - and this was generating additional loses.

Fixed - let's see what happens Smiley
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:10:39 AM

You draw the graph just with JavaScript? Because I have a smartphone project, that could use such code ...

fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 12:08:53 PM

Best.

Hi Smiley,

Smiley.

Yes.

Best.

This may sound weird but is it possible to have a bot notify you (via email/text/etc) when the EMA lines cross, and that only? I don't want it to automatically trade but to just send me a notification of when they cross so I can initiate the trades myself. You wouldn't have to include any trading data or anything. I know people spend a lot o time and effort on their codes and was wondering if this was possible.

Thank you in advance for any help.

That seems to me like a pretty simple custom mod. PM me, I am sure I can work that out for you Smiley.

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 12:15:53 PM

Angry ? Come on Smiley I'm not playing with BTC for business - I'm doing it for fun ...
Proof ? I've preserved original author BTC address in the code.

And don't tell me You don't know what's open source.

When You have to buy and then reverse engineer something to get the code - it is no longer open source.
I've just simply asked for clear declaration from You about it Smiley

And it seems that if Your bot is really profitable then it is smarter than original one Smiley  

Mine just sold and cutted loses. So I will never tell people that they will make money on it. I just don't have to make any marketing Smiley  

By the way - is Your bot doing just market orders or are You specifying the price ?  

Original one was doing market orders - and this was generating additional loses.

Fixed - let's see what happens Smiley

Smiley.

I'm not sure what you mean by if it's making market orders. Are you asking about how its setting its bid for a sell/buy command?

Regarding losses with the original: the reason I developed this bot and invested a significant amount of money in getting it right is because the original WAS profitable for me. I have a lot of respect for Gomboo's EMA theory and how Piotr implemented it. I mean no offence when I say the bot was just a little rough (it crashed every couple of hours for me for example) and since it was profitable I figured I'd improve it. I must say that the default settings were not optimal for profits though and thats why I set the 4 threshold values. Once I tweaked that things started to really look up.

Any other questions you may have about my version, I'm your man Smiley.

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:36:50 PM

You are not interested to work in another bot project? (More complex.)

fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 12:38:23 PM

You are not interested to work in another bot project? (More complex.)

Sure, PM me the details I will look into it Smiley.

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
virtimus

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:52:01 PM

No offence at all Smiley

What I ment by "market order":

Market order is when You are not specyfing certain price and agree on "market" one. I've short experience with MtGox - but I'm observing that it is probably just highest present "ask" bid if  you sell and lowest "sell" bid if You buy.

Last time the bot sold it gave me a huge difference in price:

http://i39.tinypic.com/34sf8rn.jpg

- so should go about 360 PLN ...

And from my transaction history:

2013/05/06 22:40:06 BTC sold: 0.63494606 BTC at 345.00000

Or maybe it is rather my currency problem ? Market in PLN seems not to be very deep. How to play on that ? Smiley

No - too much games are unhealthy Smiley maybe I'll just switch to USD.
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:09:45 PM

No offence at all Smiley

What I ment by "market order":

Market order is when You are not specyfing certain price and agree on "market" one. I've short experience with MtGox - but I'm observing that it is probably just highest present "ask" bid if  you sell and lowest "sell" bid if You buy.

Last time the bot sold it gave me a huge difference in price:

- so should go about 360 PLN ...

And from my transaction history:

2013/05/06 22:40:06 BTC sold: 0.63494606 BTC at 345.00000

Or maybe it is rather my currency problem ? Market in PLN seems not to be very deep. How to play on that ? Smiley

No - too much games are unhealthy Smiley maybe I'll just switch to USD.

Ok, if I grasp what you are saying, the bot will take the lowest Bid or Ask in the ORDER BOOK and set the order that way. This is different from market in the sense that market would be a spot trade which is in a sense a point in between these two values from what I have seen (I might be off here). I'm pretty sure the original bot had a similar structure. I have not experienced losses this way as it is trading at the lowest or highest price in the book depending on the buy or sell, and the bots function is to get you out of a bear market or into a bull market, so if it trades at order book or spot it really doesn't make a difference: it's much, much more important that you are using correct threshold values and that the bot has identified a real bull or bear market to act and not gotten you out of a bull and into a bear.

Just to be clear it would be very very hard for a properly set up bot to buy you into a real bear or sell out a real bull market given the EMA logic. I'm not saying it can't take a loss this way, I'm saying that over time it ought to make more right calls than wrong ones and be profitable. This is why I personally use much lower SELL threshold values than BUY threshold values as protection against an erratic market. You also have to keep in mind that ALL BOTS that follow a trading strategy are assumed to be profitable OVER TIME. You have to look at your profits and losses at least over a couple of weeks, you can't turn it on for two days and judge. As for me, it's been profitable.

So far, the theory behind the bot has proved sound and profitable. I am sure that can be seen in the extensive discussion on Gomboo's Journal.

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:13:54 PM

fible1 - are you the same fible on OTC? if so, i'll talk with you there tonight.
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:18:33 PM

fible1 - are you the same fible on OTC? if so, i'll talk with you there tonight.

Yep, I'm the same fible1 from OTC Smiley. Just PM tonight, I'll be there starting around 4PM EDT.

Also if we miss each other, just PM me here and I'll log on, I check my PM's pretty regularly.

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:39:01 AM

Looks like a good update.

maverick1337

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:37:11 AM

Looks like a good update.

Which update are you talking about?
virtimus

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:21:20 AM

I've just pushed some changes to my version (chart with trends, buy/sell thresholds etc).
The version is experimental one - however offset works fine - so Your BTC should be safe if You properly configure the bot.
TobbeLino

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 09:01:41 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 09:19:22 AM by TobbeLino

Hello!
I decided to make my own modification of the original trading bot extension.
Feel free to test it:
https://github.com/TobbeLino/GoxTradingBotTobli

It's free, and it has the following enhancements:
- Set sample intervals for the EMA calculations and trading (5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours)

- Decide when to trade after trend switch (1, 2 or 3 samples above thresholds)

- Separate buy and sell thresholds

- Trade in fiat currencies other than USD

- Keep an amount of BTC away from trading

- Detect and eliminate peaks/invalid samples from MtGox

- Possibility to disable actual trading (the bot does everything, except the actual trading). Good for testing if e.g. a changed sample interval will cause a trend switch and would trigger an immediate trade.

- Plus a bit nicer GUI and Options-page...

- There are also some extra safety-checks to avoid erroneous trading (check that user info/funds has been properly loaded, and that all data has been fetched before calculating EMAs and trading. With the original extension, trades COULD happen based on old data under certain circumstances, e.g. when the user changed the settings while data was loading)

Of course, I have to add the usual disclaimer: Use it at your own risk!
...but I'm using it myself, and I think it's working Smiley

It's free, but I did put a lot of hours in it, so if you like it feel free to make a small donation:
1LUqdAXvH9gbYemZKeiMrVJ5njhm6ZvKmF
Smiley
virtimus

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:37:08 AM

You could just fork - mine version has now chart and other fixes - You could easilly decide what to get from it ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: