Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:23:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Mess with Messiahs  (Read 3603 times)
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:56:42 PM

well novi and zolace agree, novi finds an issue he disagrees with Obama on, and zolace disagrees with Obama no matter what he says or does, See novi no need to explain to him or any phoneycons how you view the president, it's a waste of typing time .
Speaking of a waste of typing.   Don't you have an Obama poster on the ceiling over your bed to stare at dreamily, sana?  Don't let me keep you.  
no, but I'm thinking of getting one because I think he's the greatest president ever ........ Grin
lol, well, I'm gonna have to part ways with you there.

I waver between saying, of Obama, "he did as much, or more, as could be expected given the opposition and the state of the country when he took over"

and

"it would be nice if he had a set of balls. Since he hasn't shown any in his Presidency, then he has no one to blame for the Republicans being so hostile and obstructionist but himself."

hmmm...and I should note, in my darkest moods, I think that the man and the entire Obama Presidency have been a red herring thrown at us by the 1%ers to distract us from the real issue facing the country: the 1%ers.

My first problem, for the record, with Obama came with his flipflop on campaign funding, and I said even then I thought it showed a certain expedience that spoke to a lack of character. My second problem came with Rezko, because I think that incident showed that as soon as he got into a position to profit from the perks of power, he jumped at it. And my third problem came with the vacant look in his eyes as he stood there in Grant Park accepting the presidency as he destroyed McCain: I said then and still believe "there is no there, there."

I grant that Obama has faced probably the worst, most disgusting, vilest, evillest, opposition--and they're almost all on this board!--that any President since Lincoln has faced. But Lincoln faced greater crises, and triumped: Obama is, to quote the hackneyed phrase, "no Lincoln", hence can never be the greatest president this nation has ever had.

noviapriani

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:14:22 PM

it is said of Giovanni d'Medici, when elected Pope Leo X, that he quipped: "God has given us the papacy: let us enjoy it."

I felt like Bill Clinton enjoyed the Presidency. I felt like George HW took it as a duty, and enjoyed it because he enjoyed duty. I felt like George W enjoyed it because it gave him a shred of self esteem (even if he knows it was stolen) he was deprived of lifelong. I felt like Ronald Reagan, at least while still conscious, enjoyed it. I felt like Gerald Ford didn't, and don't blame him, I felt like Nixon enjoyed it thoroughly because it allowed him to use the ideas in his fertile brain.

But I don't feel like Obama enjoys being President. I don't feel like he's got any real passion in his soul, and maybe it takes a bit of passion to be a good president.

The worst thing I ever felt about Obama was when I heard about that sentence in his memoirs, "I chose my friends very carefully..." Even at a young age, due to his background, he was lived a life of self-repression, where he had to behave in certain ways to keep in good with the eyes of others...carefully choosing his friends to make sure that his persona didn't suffer in the eyes of those who mattered.

It takes huge self-discipline to construct a persona like I think he's constructed: one composed almost entirely of being the guy people want to get ahead. And I think it takes a lot out of a human being, he is the closes approximation to a Vulcan.

And much as I like the Vulcans, I also have a great fondness for the Minbari: a good question would be which would make a better President: a Vulcan or a Minbari of the warrior caste!

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:20:45 PM

it is said of Giovanni d'Medici, when elected Pope Leo X, that he quipped: "God has given us the papacy: let us enjoy it."

I felt like Bill Clinton enjoyed the Presidency. I felt like George HW took it as a duty, and enjoyed it because he enjoyed duty. I felt like George W enjoyed it because it gave him a shred of self esteem (even if he knows it was stolen) he was deprived of lifelong. I felt like Ronald Reagan, at least while still conscious, enjoyed it. I felt like Gerald Ford didn't, and don't blame him, I felt like Nixon enjoyed it thoroughly because it allowed him to use the ideas in his fertile brain.

But I don't feel like Obama enjoys being President. I don't feel like he's got any real passion in his soul, and maybe it takes a bit of passion to be a good president.

The worst thing I ever felt about Obama was when I heard about that sentence in his memoirs, "I chose my friends very carefully..." Even at a young age, due to his background, he was lived a life of self-repression, where he had to behave in certain ways to keep in good with the eyes of others...carefully choosing his friends to make sure that his persona didn't suffer in the eyes of those who mattered.

It takes huge self-discipline to construct a persona like I think he's constructed: one composed almost entirely of being the guy people want to get ahead. And I think it takes a lot out of a human being, he is the closes approximation to a Vulcan.

And much as I like the Vulcans, I also have a great fondness for the Minbari: a good question would be which would make a better President: a Vulcan or a Minbari of the warrior caste!
My take is the way he has almost personally went after al-queada tells me he has balls, even though he has the SS and all, to knock off the top leaders like that, as vicious as they are, knowing he still must travel is ballsy. I honestly think bush the daddy's boy was afraid of them, that's why he went after a country, less personal, and it's what his neo-con uncles told him to do

but seriously, just out of spite I will always say nice things about Obama as long as the nutjobs never say anything nice about him, it's the Libra in me

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:31:12 PM

My take is the way he has almost personally went after al-queada tells me he has balls, even though he has the SS and all, to knock off the top leaders like that, as vicious as they are, knowing he still must travel is ballsy. I honestly think bush the daddy's boy was afraid of them, that's why he went after a country, less personal, and it's what his neo-con uncles told him to do

but seriously, just out of spite I will always say nice things about Obama as long as the nutjobs never say anything nice about him, it's the Libra in me
I think I were honest I would say that Obama is less a disappointment to me as is than he would be if I felt he were truly dedicated to my values. Because I said on this forum that he needed to go to Reid with all his popular support and tell Reid to change the cloture vote to 56. That would have prevented the type of obstructionism that Republicans started immediately. It was a chance lost. I'd almost feel better if he purposefully passed it up in obedience to 1%er orders, rather than that he truly desired the same things you and I do and missed the chance through bad judgment. Because he had a real chance to accomplish that fundamental transformation he spoke of. Bitterness or cynicism are my choices: I think I am opting for the latter.

sana8410

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:34:06 PM

I think I were honest I would say that Obama is less a disappointment to me as is than he would be if I felt he were truly dedicated to my values. Because I said on this forum that he needed to go to Reid with all his popular support and tell Reid to change the cloture vote to 56. That would have prevented the type of obstructionism that Republicans started immediately. It was a chance lost. I'd almost feel better if he purposefully passed it up in obedience to 1%er orders, rather than that he truly desired the same things you and I do and missed the chance through bad judgment. Because he had a real chance to accomplish that fundamental transformation he spoke of. Bitterness or cynicism are my choices: I think I am opting for the latter.
I think he started out enjoying it because he was naive enough to think republicans loved their country enough to at least help to keep it functioning. If I had to work with them I'd consider suicide.....

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:48:37 PM

oh, hell, I'd love to repeal the two term limit and shove him back in their faces a third fourth and fifth time just to see their heads explode. I've hated the sicker rightwingers--and we know who they are, no names need be mentioned--that drag this forum down with their vitriol and sick spittle, op after op which assumes, imputes and desires the WORST possible motives all the time, claims every outcome the WORST ever, it's just gotten so tiring. But I'd happily shove him right back down their throats and put up with all their bullshit still just knowing how much they hate, on a daily basis, the fact that the President is black.

sana8410

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:58:07 PM

oh, hell, I'd love to repeal the two term limit and shove him back in their faces a third fourth and fifth time just to see their heads explode. I've hated the sicker rightwingers--and we know who they are, no names need be mentioned--that drag this forum down with their vitriol and sick spittle, op after op which assumes, imputes and desires the WORST possible motives all the time, claims every outcome the WORST ever, it's just gotten so tiring. But I'd happily shove him right back down their throats and put up with all their bullshit still just knowing how much they hate, on a daily basis, the fact that the President is black.
He let reid make that decision, also I believe he had enough confidence in himself to believe he could find a way to work with republicans, and then reid telling him well what if they gain control. So I'd agree he miscalculated just how vile republicans were, his weakness was having a good nature .

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:34:19 PM

My response is far more directed at the tone and tenor of the sick southern rightwingers on this board,zolace. But the fact is that George W couldn't get immigration reform past Republicans in Congress--honest to god how do you expect Obama to do so?

FIRST the border? That's bullshit. It's just a tactic to stall serious addressing of the internal issues of immigration, first and foremost of which is your beloved corporate profits being so dependent on those immigrants.

Trying to blame the ills of immigration on Obama when even the Smirking Chimp couldn't make the GOP see reason is really falling short of the mark.
No, I don't.   Because as polls show, he is even less competent.  Even Bush knew how to build a bipartisan coalition by starting with key cosponsors with ongoing WH access whom he did not demean in public regularly like an asshole; Obama is petulant whining disengaged child/king who only cares about appeasing his rich cronies.   One of the major lessons that was discussed back then, and which the Dear Leader OBVIOUSLY did not learn then or after foisting the partisan Obamacare on the nation, is these massive comprehensive bills are a disaster. 
No, actually it is not bullshit.  It is most necessary part regardless of any of the rest, both in terms of immigration and real national security.  We've already tried amnesty without this component locked down and OBVIOUSLY it has not been successful.    Without this NONE of the rest matters and this is well understood by your beloved fascist stooges who are dependent on these illegals to help build their permanent underclass.   And I don't just mean of brown folks.   

Have you look at recent polls?  Americans are actually favoring LESS immigration altogether.  Because they are VERY aware that there are fewer jobs for Americans as a result, both unskilled and skilled, at a time when there aren't enough already.  The irony of all ironies being the hardest hit of all are blacks.   

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zolace

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:44:54 PM

Trying to blame the ills of immigration on Obama when even the Smirking Chimp couldn't make the GOP see reason is really falling short of the mark.
This is a typical leftwing strawman...just look how every one of you nimrods is engaging in it.  NO ONE is denying the Repubs are guilty of the ills of immigration too.  THEY ARE.   But this border crisis is NOT a result of not passing comprehensive reform nor will it address how to fix it...that is complete and utter horseshit.  TO THE CONTRARY this crisis is a direct result of Obama creating the impression of amnesty coupled with his expansion of the welfare state coupled with an absolute lack of real border security.    ON ALL those he has been demogoguing in his arrogance and this parade of kids is a DIRECT result of that. 

It is beyond idiotic to blame the GOP for why these kids are coming.  WTF is the "do nothing" GOP offering that would bring them here in droves?  No, sorry, but this one is square on the shoulders of the Dear Leader as the polls clearly indicate.   And he has known FOR MONTHS and has done exactly nothing about it.   

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:52:27 PM

So what we have here is yet another in a never-ending series of "this is not Obama's fault".  Then whose fault is it, pray tell?  Is this guy, or is he not, the (unfortunately) head of this country?

I keep asking, if nothing is his fault, is his underlings do not seek guidance from him and continually fuck up, why doesn't this genius get rid of them and find competent people?  If this always falls on some rogue, low-level employee, why is the head (unfortunately) of this country not doing one of the jobs he is being paid to do and cleaning house?

If he has no responsibilities, why are we employing him?
sana8410

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:55:19 PM

Why?  Why would that bit of self-revelation make you react with 'the worst I ever felt' about him?

Does not surprise me in the least that this man considering his childhood and his circumstances, starting out from his first breath as an 'other' no matter which culture he found himself in, (black child in a white world, then black child in Indonesia, then black in a white world again)...would defend himself by finding a way to fit.  Indeed, a way that could elevate him, eventually, within the dominant group, not only to equal footing - but possibly above and beyond it.  Overachieving and ingratiating himself was what he chose - with a few spates of rebellion.  I think the 'passion' you believe is missing is there; it simmers underneath.  

According to his memoirs, Obama's mother was also acutely aware of what Barack needed to do to compete...and drilled him relentlessly...those 5 am lessons before school.  It was her way of preparing him and protecting him.

So yes he frustrates me too.  I want to see more fire.  But, fire isn't what we're going to get, not consistently anyway.   I understand it and have adjusted to it.  Bottom line, I think he's a good guy and a good president.    

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:59:31 PM

Why?  Why would that bit of self-revelation make you react with 'the worst I ever felt' about him?

Does not surprise me in the least that this man considering his childhood and his circumstances, starting out from his first breath as an 'other' no matter which culture he found himself in, (black child in a white world, then black child in Indonesia, then black in a white world again)...would defend himself by finding a way to fit.  Indeed, a way that could elevate him, eventually, within the dominant group, not only to equal footing - but possibly above and beyond it.  Overachieving and ingratiating himself was what he chose - with a few spates of rebellion.  I think the 'passion' you believe is missing is there; it simmers underneath.  

According to his memoirs, Obama's mother was also acutely aware of what Barack needed to do to compete...and drilled him relentlessly...those 5 am lessons before school.  It was her way of preparing him and protecting him.

So yes he frustrates me too.  I want to see more fire.  But, fire isn't what we're going to get, not consistently anyway.   I understand it and have adjusted to it.  Bottom line, I think he's a good guy and a good president.    
Personally, I believe a woman who abandoned him and sent him off to his grandparents, barely ever to see him again, is unlikely to have 'drilled' 5:00 a.m. lessons, especially about our Constitution, into him. 

I believe most of what he wrote about himself were 100% lies.
zolace

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:05:55 PM

Personally, I believe a woman who abandoned him and sent him off to his grandparents, barely ever to see him again, is unlikely to have 'drilled' 5:00 a.m. lessons, especially about our Constitution, into him. 

That is the perfect example of what I was talking about on the other thread about his terrible poll numbers.  It is mind blowing just how much smoke his people are willing to have blown up their ass.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:25:51 AM

That is the perfect example of what I was talking about on the other thread about his terrible poll numbers.  It is mind blowing just how much smoke his people are willing to have blown up their ass.
What is "the perfect example"?   My post wasn't about "polls", it was a specific response to novi's comment. 
Speaking of blowing smoke up someone's ass, you really should give up on blowing yours up mine, which you seem determined to do.  Just accept that it's not going to happen.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Well,Sana,the reason I think it's the worst is that because it is false to "choose one's friend carefully". It says that you are vetting them not on the basis of who they are, but what they can do for you in terms of your image.

I don't think it makes him a bad person, when I say the "worst thing I've heard from him", in a way it really is a matter of sympathy. This guy has lived a life when he could never be himself, he's had to construct his life to fit with others expectations.
zolace

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:33:11 AM

What is "the perfect example"?   My post wasn't about "polls", it was a specific response to novi's comment. 
Speaking of blowing smoke up someone's ass, you really should give up on blowing yours up mine, which you seem determined to do.  Just accept that it's not going to happen.
Why do you always assume people can't read just because you can't?   I know what you were responding to and if you don't like people making comments on what you write, I suggest you get yourself a private diary.  I am not obsessed with you or whatever other fantasies or victimhood status you concoct   because I choose to comment on your delusional remarks in a thread I started.  

The fact that Obama has lied about huge significant parts of his narrative is a fact.  You didn't care back then, you don't care now.  And even more ironic is that you completely dismiss the parts that are actually verifiably true.  You didn't care back then, you don't care now.  

He is neither a good man or a good president.  He has literally sold his soul to big money interests, swindled and lied repeatedly to get where he is today, that being an utter failure as a president.   This current crisis is not SOP for immigration woes that have been ongoing and in the interest of both parties to keep going; this is an entirely different and new ballgame and HE is responsible for it.   We know this because these illegals are saying so.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:35:41 AM

There's this thing called division of labor, where we assign to those best suited to deal with an issue the responsibility for dealing with that issue: whether the Presidency, flipping a hamburger at mickeyd's, or arranging for the organization and care of a large number of refugees. Perhaps if you had the least concept of social responsibility, you would understand that taking care of your own in Honduras isn't quite the same thing as the former.
sana8410

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:40:15 AM

There's this thing called division of labor, where we assign to those best suited to deal with an issue the responsibility for dealing with that issue: whether the Presidency, flipping a hamburger at mickeyd's, or arranging for the organization and care of a large number of refugees. Perhaps if you had the least concept of social responsibility, you would understand that taking care of your own in Honduras isn't quite the same thing as the former.
Steller job of irony.  The point, you bloviating stoner, is that you never do any of the labor from your "job" as an arm chair bitcher as you live your selfish little tiny life of self indulgence.  This is the leftist manifesto to NEVER take any personal responsibility and tear down anyone who actually does. 

The majority of these kids have no rosy future here...they will be an underclass at best.  Exactly the way you leftist blowhards like it.  Kindly spare us your sanctimony that this is about the children.  You don't have the first clue about raising projective future citizens because living underground or off entitlements or stacked up in institutions or foster care ain't it. 

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:47:16 AM

Steller job of irony.  The point, you bloviating stoner, is that you never do any of the labor from your "job" as an arm chair bitcher as you live your selfish little tiny life of self indulgence.  This is the leftist manifesto to NEVER take any personal responsibility and tear down anyone who actually does. 

The majority of these kids have no rosy future here...they will be an underclass at best.  Exactly the way you leftist blowhards like it.  Kindly spare us your sanctimony that this is about the children.  You don't have the first clue about raising projective future citizens because living underground or off entitlements or stacked up in institutions or foster care ain't it. 
lol, I will happily plead guilty to taking no responsibility. And I compensate society accordingly for the opportunities it has provided me.
But until you elect me dictator, I don't have the responsibility for solving this or any other problem on my own. That is what society is about.
And you know, part of the difference I notice between liberals and conservatives is that liberals, including myself, are charitable, but don't use it as an excuse to avoid our social obligations and responsibilities. You guys constantly, CONSTANTLY, feel the need to tell us about your good works, as though that somehow justifies your filthy opinions otherwise, and as though liberals ONLY paid taxes and didn't give their time and money as well.

Since we know that to be untrue then one can only conclude that your need to pat yourself on your back goes beyond your understanding that those of us who believe in social altruism are likely in fact to engage in it as much as or more than thee.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:55:41 AM

lol, I will happily plead guilty to taking no responsibility. And I compensate society accordingly for the opportunities it has provided me.
But until you elect me dictator, I don't have the responsibility for solving this or any other problem on my own. That is what society is about.
And you know, part of the difference I notice between liberals and conservatives is that liberals, including myself, are charitable, but don't use it as an excuse to avoid our social obligations and responsibilities. You guys constantly, CONSTANTLY, feel the need to tell us about your good works, as though that somehow justifies your filthy opinions otherwise, and as though liberals ONLY paid taxes and didn't give their time and money as well.

Since we know that to be untrue then one can only conclude that your need to pat yourself on your back goes beyond your understanding that those of us who believe in social altruism are likely in fact to engage in it as much as or more than thee.
And since we all know you make ridiculous crap up about the south on a regular basis, thanks for making it clear you have no actual rebut of what is true about Obama or this mess he created either. You know the man is full of crap, incompetent, and shill for big money.  The only reason you even bother to defend him is because he is a leftist wet dreamer. 
 CLASSIC leftist who only makes himself feel better by claiming to care about the kids you will never do a damn thing about personally.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: