Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:45:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Mess with Messiahs  (Read 3603 times)
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:14:26 AM

And you know, part of the difference I notice between liberals and conservatives is that liberals, including myself, are charitable, but don't use it as an excuse to avoid our social obligations and responsibilities.
Your idea of obligation and responsibility to hike taxes on other people and do absolutely nothing do get your hands dirty.  You nincompoops actually believe giving your old clothes away for a write off equates to charity. 

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 11:35:00 AM

They never cared, they never will and don't expect nothing to be changed. That is government, too rigid to be efficient.

Bitcoin is DEAD
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:50:52 AM

And you know, part of the difference I notice between liberals and conservatives is that liberals, including myself, are charitable, but don't use it as an excuse to avoid our social obligations and responsibilities.
Your idea of obligation and responsibility to hike taxes on other people and do absolutely nothing do get your hands dirty.  You nincompoops actually believe giving your old clothes away for a write off equates to charity. 
I specifically said I would be happy to see my own taxes go up a bit to help defray the costs.

Personally, I have no problem accepting any kids into this country--they don't even have be white Europeans as some in the south believe are the only human beings fit for immigration. Black, brown, red, yellow, I'm fine with ALL kids. And I am happy to see my taxes go up a tad to support them.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:00:12 PM

I specifically said I would be happy to see my own taxes go up a bit to help defray the costs.

Personally, I have no problem accepting any kids into this country--they don't even have be white Europeans as some in the south believe are the only human beings fit for immigration. Black, brown, red, yellow, I'm fine with ALL kids. And I am happy to see my taxes go up a tad to support them.
A bit.  My aren't you generous given you know it will amount to a couple more bucks at your income level.  Yeah, that ought to cover tens of thousands of kids from cradle to grave on top of the trillions in unfunded liabilities for which we have no way to pay.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:16:24 PM

I guess we've arrive at the stage of the conversation where after leftists declare they "care about the children" coming here in droves with no provision for them now or in the future, they engage in a mob beat down of those who actually have charitable involvement with those same kids. 

Meanwhile, their petulant messiah who cause the problem gets yet another pass on his blowing smoke up their ass by blaming this on the Repubs for not passing a bill which would do nothing to fix the situation.
sana8410

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:20:47 PM

I guess we've arrive at the stage of the conversation where after leftists declare they "care about the children" coming here in droves with no provision for them now or in the future, they engage in a mob beat down of those who actually have charitable involvement with those same kids. 

Meanwhile, their petulant messiah who cause the problem gets yet another pass on his blowing smoke up their ass by blaming this on the Repubs for not passing a bill which would do nothing to fix the situation.
lol. Sorry, I was quite happy to discuss the issue on the basis of what we as a society should do with these kids and how we should address the immigration issues we face.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:01:42 PM

lol. Sorry, I was quite happy to discuss the issue on the basis of what we as a society should do with these kids and how we should address the immigration issues we face.
You keep telling yourself that.  You pompous sanctimonious dimwits need to be knocked on your ass by the fact you are all full of crap.  You are every bit as selfish and greedy as the asshats in DC that you criticize and the main one whom you won't.
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:03:46 PM

it was you who piped up with your declaration that "racist southerners" didn't care about the children.  The funny thing is that you think it bit me in the ass, as if batshit crazy libs have any influence on what I know to be true about what my SIL does or what I do to help her and others as you do nothing but pay your taxes and criticize those who are doing the actual caring.

sana8410

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:07:10 PM

You keep telling yourself that.  You pompous sanctimonious dimwits need to be knocked on your ass by the fact you are all full of crap.  You are every bit as selfish and greedy as the asshats in DC that you criticize and the main one whom you won't.
Well, that should certainly help your spleen, even though it accomplishes nothing else. lolol.

umair, from where I sit,your SIL  does the work. Where exactly do you get the credit from?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:09:32 PM

Well, that should certainly help your spleen, even though it accomplishes nothing else. lolol.

umair, from where I sit,your SIL  does the work. Where exactly do you get the credit from?
lol.  Not surprised that you would take that stance given that you are alone in the world but we own a business. We are a team   And I already mentioned that I took on getting a shipping container of supplies together over this summer to be sent, and it'll go hopefully within the next month.  My SIL blogged about the hospital, and I knew some people who I thought could help me so that's been my project lately. It took a lot of willing people to get it together, each of them southern though not all of them white, granted.  Wink
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

The constant illegal invasion of undocumented peoples entering the country doesn't stop because no one wants to get behind any effort to stop it. Some states need the cheap labor they provide and no politician wants to lose the legal Hispanic vote. There is no easy answer to a problem that has been allowed to get out of control for decades. Placing thousands of our military troops along the border with Mexico may not be constitutional and Berlin-like walls don't work. A general amnesty may be the only logical answer for those already here along with monetary assistance for those willing to return to the land of their birth and working with the Mexican government to stop the invasion on their side of the border. One way or another its going to cost a great deal of money and until we are ready to pay for it....nothing will be done.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:16:43 PM

The constant illegal invasion of undocumented peoples entering the country doesn't stop because no one wants to get behind any effort to stop it. Some states need the cheap labor they provide and no politician wants to lose the legal Hispanic vote. There is no easy answer to a problem that has been allowed to get out of control for decades. Placing thousands of our military troops along the border with Mexico may not be constitutional and Berlin-like walls don't work. A general amnesty may be the only logical answer for those already here along with monetary assistance for those willing to return to the land of their birth and working with the Mexican government to stop the invasion on their side of the border. One way or another its going to cost a great deal of money and until we are ready to pay for it....nothing will be done.
Yes.  I'm also sick to death of the constant bleat from cons that nothing is being done!  NOTHING!  OBAMA'S inviting team (BECAUSE THE 'ILLEGALS' SAY SO!"
Honestly, these people are brainless...and proud of it.  They actually work at it.

sana8410

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:18:24 PM

lol.  Not surprised that you would take that stance given that you are alone in the world but we own a business. We are a team   And I already mentioned that I took on getting a shipping container of supplies together over this summer to be sent, and it'll go hopefully within the next month.  My SIL blogged about the hospital, and I knew some people who I thought could help me so that's been my project lately. It took a lot of willing people to get it together, each of them southern though not all of them white, granted.  Wink
well, of course, we only have their own words as to the immense generosity they display...but understand there's a clear strategy behind their words. The idea is to suggest that charity can do the job, both in this instance and at home, so that government shouldn't ask them to pay taxes for these issues. But of course there's no guarantee that they either ARE contributing with the immense generosity they claim, what we have are people asking us to believe that their private charity is sufficient to accomplish our social goals, without a single evidence of proof of that generosity now or later.

It's a laughably lame attempt to get out of paying for this society's responsibilities, and is waaaaay too easily seen through for what it is: greed and lack of compassion for others.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:24:47 PM

Here's a example of how "nothing is being done".

SAT JUN 28, 2014 AT 10:57 AM PDT
Mexico, Obama Administration taking action on migration of unaccompanied children

The New York Times ran this editorial on June 16: Innocents at the Border. I have only minor disagreements with the content, but this editorial attracted 506 comments, and almost all of them were negative, along the lines of “Deport them. Deport every single one.”

This issue is a mine field for Democrats running for Congress this year. The Republicans have tried to get some traction with Benghazi, Obamacare, and “invade Iraq (or Syria, The Ukraine, Crimea, whatever)” and it isn't working. The Republicans desperately need an issue they can win on, so I would be surprised if they didn't turn their noise machine loose on this one.

Let's start with a fact: according to the Border Patrol, three-fourths of these unaccompanied children are coming from Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador, not Mexico. They, of course,
have to travel across Mexico to get to the US. This is dangerous. They hitch rides on freight trains, and are crime targets. They place a burden on Mexico's social services (see below). So, a regional approach is required to deal with this situation, and that is exactly what the Obama Administration is pursuing. Vice-President Biden went on a tour a couple of weeks ago to meet with Guatemalan President Ottawa Perez Molina, Salvadoran President Salvador Sanchez Ceren and high-ranking ministers from Honduras and Mexico. He also talked to Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez on the phone. President Obama has responded by phoning Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto. The same group of Central American leaders are taking up the issue at the Ordinary Summit of Heads of State of the Central American Integration System (SICA) taking place in the Dominican Republic. Another top-level meeting has been organized in Nicaragua, to take place on July 16. And, just so that nobody gets the impression that this is all just talk, the Obama Administration has deported 27,140 Guatemalans so far this year.

Mexico's government is actually doing something, as well. The Mexico City newspaper La Jornada published an article on June 27 by Fabiola Martínez, En lo que va del año, México ha rescatado a 10,505 niños que viajaban a EU (“So far this year, Mexico has rescued 10,505 children traveling to the US”). Here's a translation:

At the end of 2014, Mexico will have rescued 16,000 children who were traveling through its territory to the United States, according to the Institute for National Migration (INM). Precisely 10,505 have been “rescued” so far this year, a 7.4% percent increase over the 9,727 rescued in all of 2013. INM warned of an increased northward flow of children, which is described by those responsible for Mexico's migration policy as a “humanitarian emergency”.

The Secretary of the Interior has proposed to his peers in the region (United States, Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras) to immediately put in effect an information campaign to discourage children from leaving their homes and make it clear that crossing to North American countries will not mean that they will be accepted as immigrants.

This proposal was raised by Mexico after a high-level meeting in Guatemala last week, and will be ratified today in another regional conclave on the subject.

The INM said that in the past nine months, state and Federal authorities have broken up 35 criminal gangs and have arrested 330 people suspected of assaulting undocumented migrants.

The National System for Integral Family Development (DIF) is dealing with children under 11 while their immigration status is resolved. They handle either the assisted return or the granting of refugee status in Mexico, and run detention facilities for those between 12 and 17 years. They use the word “rescue” for these processes.

Since 2007, the policy of the Child Protection Office has been giving priority to family unification and the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of children in turning them over to relatives.

Yesterday, Under Secretary for Population, Migration and Religious Affairs Mercedes del Carmen Guillén Vicente traveled to Managua, Nicaragua, to participate at the 19th Regional Conference on Migration. The measures proposed by Mexico will be voted on by the delegates of the participating nations.

The main points are: addressing the problem with shared responsibility, operational support to comply with any agreement of the leaders of the nations participating in the upcoming summit of the Central American Integration System, and discouraging minors from leaving their communities.

In addition, they will share Best Practices of repatriation and intensify training of public servants for care for unaccompanied migrant and repatriated children.

sana8410

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:30:44 PM

One thing the government could think about is keeping the kids here and sending an equal number of fixed income seniors away. I'm sure lots of folks would be willing to move back to their homeland if they could still get a check. The government could even save more money by doing col decreases.

Obviously, you pile a boatload of tourists with ssi paychecks on the beach, you're going to have to provide some security...

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:35:06 PM

well, of course, we only have their own words as to the immense generosity they display...but understand there's a clear strategy behind their words. The idea is to suggest that charity can do the job, both in this instance and at home, so that government shouldn't ask them to pay taxes for these issues. But of course there's no guarantee that they either ARE contributing with the immense generosity they claim, what we have are people asking us to believe that their private charity is sufficient to accomplish our social goals, without a single evidence of proof of that generosity now or later.

It's a laughably lame attempt to get out of paying for this society's responsibilities, and is waaaaay too easily seen through for what it is: greed and lack of compassion for others.
To the contrary,  every one of you blowhards know what frauds you are and it makes you squirm to have it pointed out.  I mean really.  Just how insecure do you  have to be when the best you can do is mock someone for their charity or their business?   

Pretty damn insecure.
sana8410

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:36:59 PM

It's exactly why I feel not the LEAST obligation to bray about any charitable actions or donations on my own behalf.What, rigon, you expect me to spend time in a pissing contest as to who makes the most donations or gives the most time? With someone I have not ONE way of comparing myself honestly to, since I know what I do, but have only your claims as to what you do?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:59:04 PM

It's exactly why I feel not the LEAST obligation to bray about any charitable actions or donations on my own behalf.What, rigon, you expect me to spend time in a pissing contest as to who makes the most donations or gives the most time? With someone I have not ONE way of comparing myself honestly to, since I know what I do, but have only your claims as to what you do?
No, not shamed by what we do...which imo as I've already said is not special but instead my pleasure and my obligation...but by what you don't do.  You'd rather pay your taxes and assume it is therefore someone else's problem. That's fine and your choice of course, but it makes you look sort of stupid when you accuse those who actually do of not caring or worse.
sana8410

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:35:52 PM

No, not shamed by what we do...which imo as I've already said is not special but instead my pleasure and my obligation...but by what you don't do.  You'd rather pay your taxes and assume it is therefore someone else's problem. That's fine and your choice of course, but it makes you look sort of stupid when you accuse those who actually do of not caring or worse.
lol, except my claims are borne out by the fact that NO ONE on this board or any other has EVER heard me bitch about my taxes, and I specifically said above that I'd be happy for my taxes to be raised.A little bit of honesty goes a long way, anjy. Admitting your problem--southern racism--is the first step towards addressing it. No, no, don't thank me, as you say above, we all have to do something beyond paying our taxes, and in that vein, even as do you, I consider it my duty, anjy, to help folks like you get into the new century. Hell, I'd be satisfied with you getting in the 20th century, come to that...you still appear stuck in Alabama, circa 1840. 

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:43:23 PM

Better yet, why don't you take some of the tax money liberals like myself give to you to take care of your mom, since you will be damned if you'll spend any of your own, and go buy a dictionary for me. And, in the meantime, before gifting it, look up the following words, which followed in the CBO statement your word "unsustainable", as in at current revenue levels. It has been pointed out to you 40 million times that the statement was that current spending was unsustainable at current revenue levels. Yet you always manage to forget that part of the phrase.

Been spending too much time with your intern of late to forget that one word does not in this case the sentence make?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: